Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,805 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

Random Question For Nairalanders (what Does This Mean?) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Random Question For Nairalanders (what Does This Mean?) (635 Views)

Ini Edo: My Daughter’s Donor Is Not A Random Person / Frank Edwards Reveals What A Random Fan He Gifted Money Bought With It / Tboss: "I Don't Blame Kemen For Touching Me Without Consent, I Mean Look At Me” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Random Question For Nairalanders (what Does This Mean?) by ramalot(m): 8:09pm On Jul 15, 2020
There's no real reason behind this question, other than curiosity.

When I was a kid in Nigeria, if someone said "that celebrity or that person is a millionaire," it meant something significant.
However, with inflation, devaluation of the naira and such, what exactly does it mean today, if you say "that person is a millionaire"?

30 years ago, having a few million naira in the bank made you a Nigerian "millionaire," but today, you can barely buy a good car for that amount.
In other words, what level of liquid assets makes one a "millionaire" today in the same sense it did, say 30 years ago?
Re: Random Question For Nairalanders (what Does This Mean?) by Kriss216: 8:10pm On Jul 15, 2020
Come again please
Re: Random Question For Nairalanders (what Does This Mean?) by XXXXTENTACION: 8:19pm On Jul 15, 2020
O.p please speak english abeg or kukuma break it down to layman terms undecided
Re: Random Question For Nairalanders (what Does This Mean?) by ramalot(m): 8:32pm On Jul 15, 2020
I didn't mean to make the question complicated.

It's really a simple question:

When YOU say "that man or woman is a millionaire," (in Nigeria) how much do you imagine that person is worth?
Re: Random Question For Nairalanders (what Does This Mean?) by Goldenboy10(m): 6:13am On Jul 16, 2020
ramalot:

When YOU say "that man or woman is a millionaire," (in Nigeria) how much do you imagine that person is worth?

His or her naira should be approximately 1 million US dollars. That is in my own understanding.
Re: Random Question For Nairalanders (what Does This Mean?) by ramalot(m): 2:14am On Jul 17, 2020
Goldenboy10:

His or her naira should be approximately 1 million US dollars. That is in my own understanding.

So for you to consider a Nigerian in Nigeria a millionaire, they need to have approximately 386 million naira in the bank. All right.
Re: Random Question For Nairalanders (what Does This Mean?) by GorillaApp(m): 11:57am On Dec 25, 2022
ramalot:

For me, anything from a hundred million grin

1 Like

Re: Random Question For Nairalanders (what Does This Mean?) by ramalot(m): 11:11pm On Dec 25, 2022
Justwise and DisGuy

Hi, it appears the Nairaland spam bot restricted my posting access to my thread and the Travel section https://www.nairaland.com/7484940/lived-visited-over-30-countries

Happened after I posted a google link about an hour ago. Not sure why. Please restore access, so I can answer additional pending questions people have. Thanks.
Re: Random Question For Nairalanders (what Does This Mean?) by Ballzproblem2: 11:51pm On Dec 25, 2022
ramalot:
Justwise and DisGuy

Hi, it appears the Nairaland spam bot restricted my posting access to my thread and the Travel section https://www.nairaland.com/7484940/lived-visited-over-30-countries

Happened after I posted a google link about an hour ago. Not sure why. Please restore access, so I can answer additional pending questions people have. Thanks.

just create another monicker and name it ramalot2 just like the 2 implies in my funny moniker, people will still know it's you
Re: Random Question For Nairalanders (what Does This Mean?) by ramalot(m): 12:55am On Dec 26, 2022
Ballzproblem2:
just create another monicker and name it ramalot2 just like the 2 implies in my funny moniker, people will still know it's you

Thanks, but it's fine. I'll wait until they reactivate it, or the ban expires tomorrow night. I did post with a different account I have.
Re: Random Question For Nairalanders (what Does This Mean?) by eazzzy1(m): 7:58pm On Dec 26, 2022
1 million in the currency you earn and spend in makes you a millionaire. According to the world bank, to be categorized as wealthy, you would have a net worth of at least 1.8m USD.

(1) (Reply)

Laycons Team Lied About Being Best Graduating Student / Watch Erica And Kiddwaya Doing It Last Night / Instablog Trends On Twitter After Handler's Face Was Seen On Live Video (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.