Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

What Have U Mistakely Said Too Ur Parent During An Argument - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Have U Mistakely Said Too Ur Parent During An Argument (696 Views)

My Wife Records Our Argument / Did You Have This Kind Of Parent As A Kid? How Did You Survive? / My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Have U Mistakely Said Too Ur Parent During An Argument by Bedesipop(m): 8:10pm On Jul 15, 2020
What have u mistakely said too ur parent during an argument

Mine:
i neva said anything sha only to hiss,
my body tell me dat day sha.

let share and learn!!! grin

Mine was: i neva said anything sha only to hiss,my body tell me dat day sha. let share and learn!!!
Re: What Have U Mistakely Said Too Ur Parent During An Argument by Kriss216: 8:12pm On Jul 15, 2020
As Africans, it's suicidal to argue with your parents when you're still staying with them.
Re: What Have U Mistakely Said Too Ur Parent During An Argument by Goldp5988(f): 8:20pm On Jul 15, 2020
I will not even argue.
Re: What Have U Mistakely Said Too Ur Parent During An Argument by Oldoinyolengai(m): 8:28pm On Jul 15, 2020
Kriss216:
As Africans, it's suicidal to argue with your parents when you're still staying with them.
Them being parents doesn't make them Angles.

Sometime it's better to rise up your opinions, and give your children the same opportunity.

A family should not be like an autocratic clique, if it's to grow beyond generational boundaries.
Re: What Have U Mistakely Said Too Ur Parent During An Argument by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 15, 2020
I'll go mute..
Shebi what I will kukuma do is inside my tommy.. cool

1 Like

Re: What Have U Mistakely Said Too Ur Parent During An Argument by chii8(f): 9:36pm On Jul 15, 2020
It was towards my traditional marriage,my dad was not buying me and my husband's ideas with regards to the ceremony,at a point I got angry and said,"thank God very soon I'll be leaving this house sef"

Hmmm....my father used cane to remind me that I'm still his daughter,my wedding is not up to a week sef.

I didn't wait for him to carry out his threat before I maintain.
Re: What Have U Mistakely Said Too Ur Parent During An Argument by Bedesipop(m): 9:45pm On Jul 15, 2020
U're daddy still beat u, toward u getting married nawa oooo
chii8:
It was towards my traditional marriage,my dad was not buying me and my husband's ideas with regards to the ceremony,at a point I got angry and said,"thank God very soon I'll be leaving this house sef"

Hmmm....my father used cane to remind me that I'm still his daughter,my wedding is not up to a week sef.

1 Like

Re: What Have U Mistakely Said Too Ur Parent During An Argument by YourCoffin: 4:08am On Jul 16, 2020
Shouted at my parents once while still living with them and they became mute. They could see the palpable anger on my face then and knew I could no longer tolerate thier excesses. An uncle was present but even he too was quiet. Since then they don't talk to me anyhow. Infact my mum avoided me for a while but later came around. I don't regret it though cos it had to be done.

2 Likes

Re: What Have U Mistakely Said Too Ur Parent During An Argument by Pavore9: 6:29am On Jul 16, 2020
Whatever was "mistakenly" said during the argument, is the expression of one's true feelings.
Re: What Have U Mistakely Said Too Ur Parent During An Argument by mabea: 12:50pm On Jul 16, 2020
Mistake kwa, you rather avoid such arguments than saying things you may later regret and it was a mistake.
Re: What Have U Mistakely Said Too Ur Parent During An Argument by merieam16(f): 8:19pm On Jul 16, 2020
Re: What Have U Mistakely Said Too Ur Parent During An Argument by QVicky10(f): 11:31pm On Jul 16, 2020
Space booked.
Re: What Have U Mistakely Said Too Ur Parent During An Argument by Petyr1: 11:44pm On Jul 16, 2020
chii8:

I didn't wait for him to carry out his threat before I maintain.
this sound weird. your father beating you few days to your wedding and you are proud saying it
Re: What Have U Mistakely Said Too Ur Parent During An Argument by olawalepopoola: 7:30pm On Jul 17, 2020
Parents should know their boundaries. Parenting a kid is different parenting a teenager.
Most parent fail to know this.
The first time I faced my mother was exactly 6 months after my wedding when she was doing everything she could to enter my home.
Frankly I told her that if she won't allow me or my wife enjoy her marriage when her own daughter is enjoying hers, then she won't hear from me again. I expressed my dissatisfaction about her behaviours to her very close friend and my maternal uncle. They thought I was joking until I faced her.
She don know her stand now...

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Know A Woman's Mileage? / Don't Get Involved With People's Marriages, Here's Why. / The Struggles Of A Fresh Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.