Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers - Programming (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers (47622 Views)

Bitcoin Scammers Hacked High Profile U.S Twitter Accounts - Obama, Bill Gates / High Profile Twitter Account Hijacked By Security Firm / Twitter Accounts For Sale! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by Naijaarchive(m): 1:07pm On Jul 16, 2020
jayworld15:

One bitcoin is 9.09million dollars 12.8 * 9.09=116million dollars

JESUS!
Those guys are made men for life
It's ~9, 200 still saw it on my trading platform yesterday
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by IVORY2009(m): 1:25pm On Jul 16, 2020
ostechno:

I'm telling you, with such number of accounts hacker, they could've earned more
Thesame type of scam happens on YouTube. I was following the Bitcoin wallet, they made $2m in 5 days from YouTube

Watched this grin grin big YouTube accounts of super stars musicians was hacked
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by IVORY2009(m): 1:28pm On Jul 16, 2020
ibkayee:
Heard it was an inside job

Is not true, those are highly trained hackers in action. grin
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by IVORY2009(m): 1:36pm On Jul 16, 2020
One of the hackers got this messages grin

grin grin

Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by omoluka: 1:39pm On Jul 16, 2020
Tim1212:
Joe Biden, Bill Gates, former President Obama, Elon Musk, Kanye West, Warren Buffett, Jeff Bezos and Mike Bloomberg are among the prominent people whose Twitter accounts were compromised and posted tweets that appeared to promote a cryptocurrency scam

How can Twitter allow this to happen.

[url]https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/15/tech/twitter-hack-elon-musk-bill-gates/index.html?utm_term=link&utm_content=2020-07-15T22%3A18%3A59&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twCNN[/url]
I hope this news is good enough to dump bitcoin to $7k at least
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by jayworld15(m): 2:01pm On Jul 16, 2020
Naijaarchive:

It's ~9, 200 still saw it on my trading platform yesterday

Wow... definitely, it has increased.
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by BornRicch(m): 3:09pm On Jul 16, 2020
dejavuh0007:

From your outburst I can only come to the conclusion that you fell for the scam also, or that you've been probably scammed more times than you can remember due to your foolishness and greediness. Here's not the place to vent ur anger and frustration, direct it towards the scammers that scammed u, idiot.

You're very funny, how would I fall for such Scam. I don't even have a personal social media account, I'm new on nairaland. You don't know me and I don't know you I'm just responding to your comment that's all.
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by BornRicch(m): 3:10pm On Jul 16, 2020
loneprof:

Insult me for airing my opinion? You guys are just too rude here. Just because this is an open forum doesn't mean you must insult everyone because you feel like it. Please learn to respect people both online and offline. Please don't quote me anymore, thanks.

I will quote you one more time... Bleep off.
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by BornRicch(m): 3:21pm On Jul 16, 2020
BlackNeo:
Nigerians are such big egotists

I have always wondered what makes Nigerians so proud and think we did everything. That we have many Yahoo boys doesn't mean we are smart enough to do this badass hacking. Someone even said her brother can hack Obama's Twitter. Smh. This is not phishing here, Obama and co are much too smart for that. This is the word of Russia and IT wicked Asians. It's like assuming a yahoo boy can hack Pentagon. What kinda pride!

Hush puppy with all his money was a dumbass. He was nothing but a picker. I wouldn't be surprised if those who loaded his accounts were connected to Russian or Chinese or Indian loaders. Hushpuppy was just an account man. Find us bank account ( which he probably did through dating format) that's all. No tech here.

Look Nigerians are not super oo. Don't be fooled. We are just the loudest country in the world. Asians and Indians go to Western universities and rape them properly in Tech and mathematics and medical sciences. Their nations will never shout it. Na norms. Chinese President will never congratulate you for topping Harvard. Na norms. This countries have high honor standards.

It is only Nigeria that will be making noise when foreign born Nigerians and black Europeans with roots from here blow( AJ, etc) . These guys are just benefitting from the system. It had nothing to do with Nigeria.

Nigeria is great as a big country. But don't ever hype Nigeria. It's the biggest country in Africa so it's normal our guys make big achievements. It's just normal probability. Nigeria has a country is still filled with dumbasses all around. If we are smart how come a dullard rules us. Look at all your politicians. How did they come to rule you? These are guys that wouldn't clean poo is China!

Kenya produced US president, no noise, no big hype. The second most powerful ful man in the UK, the lord chancellor of the Exchequer is an Indian. No noise. No hype.

We should learn to stop with the hype. It doesn't do well for us. Forget about western trained Nigerians. Nothing is actually great about this Nigeria.

Our yahoo boys are just desperate and have the proper environment here because they hands of FBI are not that long and they don't chase petty yahoo boys. Most of the yahoo boys here will be caught within months in the USA. Nothing special. Just simple knock on door and it will be FBI.

You're a frustrated fellow, die with your ego.
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by Runningwater(m): 3:22pm On Jul 16, 2020
George28:
Hackers are maaad

Well, with the way high profile accounts are being hacked at the same time on the same purpose, there is probably a Judas working for Twitter
True word
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by Mcowubaba: 3:48pm On Jul 16, 2020
loneprof:
Some of you typing "Nigerians" seem not to know that IT knowledge in this part of the world is still limited. Scams like this one are usually the work of an insider or from more advanced countries like Russia, China, India or the US itself. I don't really know for sure, but I'm willing to bet it's not a Nigerian. Hushpuppi and co. just send business compromise emails to get account details with fake internet IDs, I believe this is way advanced...

This is the dumbest thing I have read in a long time.
If you're a dumb uncivilised Nigerian, not everyone is like you, your friends or your family members.

Nigerians are equally capable to pull the most advanced scams in the world from Distributed Denial of service to APTs

If you don't know what you are talking about, just shut the hell up, so you don't disgrace yourself publicly
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by philiancoop(m): 3:50pm On Jul 16, 2020
MemoriesAndMe:
Who you be?
Don't tell me you've been away for so long

1 Like

Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by Brukx(m): 8:05pm On Jul 16, 2020
Bonatheripper:
Inside Job by a frustrated security employee perhaps

Or social engineering first from Twitter security workers
Swr, you have sense

People just come here saying it's hush puppy gang
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by Brukx(m): 8:08pm On Jul 16, 2020
IVORY2009:

Even the best hackers need inside man
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by Tim1212(m): 9:18pm On Jul 16, 2020
According to Jack, they suspected the hackers gain access to administrative accounts and internal tools through employees computer.
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by Trippledots(m): 11:36pm On Jul 16, 2020
captaininiobong:
In order not to allow your children be like them, learn a skill on how to produce liquid soap......

LIQUID SOAP
liquid soap is multipurpose cleaning agent, in other words it can be used for washing dishes, car, clothes, toilet and lots more. it is very essential for daily cleanliness meaning you have a legit and sure way of earning if you venture into it.
learn how to produce liquid soap and become an entrepreneur today.
join our whatsapp group 08187398766

See as those galons soap equal die.... Guy, na ruler you take de fill the container?
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by Nobody: 6:15am On Jul 17, 2020
Peace90:
Please help i beg you in the name of God sad sad
thanks so much to the giver. I dont know you but God knows you and He shall grant the great desires of your heart (amen)
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by pyrex23(m): 10:59am On Jul 17, 2020
grossintel:
That's not true, I know the wallet address, I checked the wallet address. The final balance is 12btc, check it yourself

1qxy2kgdygjrsqtzq2n0yrf2493p83kkfjhx0wlh

found it..

Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by pyrex23(m): 11:04am On Jul 17, 2020
Peace90:
Please help i beg you in the name of God sad sad

acct created July 15.. def brings suspicion
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 17, 2020
pyrex23:

found it..
But that's not the wallet address
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by pyrex23(m): 2:25pm On Jul 17, 2020
grossintel:
But that's not the wallet address

there was more than one wallet address..
but you could be right too..
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 17, 2020
pyrex23:

acct created July 15.. def brings suspicion
suspicion on what? I am not selling anything here. I only sought for help. How seeking for assistance brings suspicion? Can you give what you don't have? Give kindly to the needy regardless and God will take care of your needs too. Anyone who asks is a needy. Old or new account means nothing if you really want to help. I slept last night without knowing what to give my children this morning. But i was woken by a 1k naira alert from a blessed soul this mornin. It makes a lot of different. The person just made four souls happy with what he might considered a token. I had always been a guest here until i opened the account purposely to seek for help. Thanks

1 Like

Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by Tim1212(m): 11:52pm On Jul 17, 2020
Twitter explains what actually happened and promise to update users with information about the incident

Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by Kylce042(m): 2:06am On Jul 18, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

Stop watching NTA

But how do u feel after saying this?!. Nta n twitter ie no add up nah have! undecided undecided I go sub for u may u download twitter
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by Tim1212(m): 1:50pm On Jul 20, 2020
My question now is can Jack Dorsey track this hackers down or will they need our help? shocked
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by Tim1212(m): 1:52pm On Jul 20, 2020
IVORY2009:

who trained these guys?
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by deewhydoski(m): 1:49pm On Sep 17, 2020
BeSpect:
This is serious. Meanwhile, Is it only me that doesn't have a clue of what bitcoin is all about?
Lol... U are funny
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by BeSpect(f): 1:54pm On Sep 17, 2020
deewhydoski:

Lol... U are funny

Why do you find that funny? I'm serious about it. I have no formal idea of what bitcoin is all about. Even when I try to read about it online, I still don't clearly understand it.
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by deewhydoski(m): 2:37pm On Sep 17, 2020
BeSpect:

Why do you find that funny? I'm serious about it. I have no formal idea of what bitcoin is all about. Even when I try to read about it online, I still don't clearly understand it.
Well, btc has been in existence for long. I knew of it in 2016 and I must tell u I make a good cash from it in 2017. I bought it that time and I hold it. If u buy and hold it might increase or decrease. It is like holding dollars.
Each Bitcoin is basically a computer file which is stored in a 'digital wallet' app on a smartphone or computer. People can send Bitcoins (or part of one) to your digital wallet, and you can send Bitcoins to other people. Every single transaction is recorded in a public list called the blockchain."l
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by BeSpect(f): 4:08pm On Sep 17, 2020
deewhydoski:

Well, btc has been in existence for long. I knew of it in 2016 and I must tell u I make a good cash from it in 2017. I bought it that time and I hold it. If u buy and hold it might increase or decrease. It is like holding dollars.
Each Bitcoin is basically a computer file which is stored in a 'digital wallet' app on a smartphone or computer. People can send Bitcoins (or part of one) to your digital wallet, and you can send Bitcoins to other people. Every single transaction is recorded in a public list called the blockchain."l

So it's like an e-wallet where you can store your money and sell it when you please to?
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by BeSpect(f): 4:45pm On Sep 17, 2020
deewhydoski:

And please I'm open for learning and for business. Can you train me on it? Currently jobless and survival is very difficult.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move / Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins / Project Topics In Computer Science

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.