Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,715 members, 7,802,162 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

Wizkid Celebrates His 30th Birthday Today - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid Celebrates His 30th Birthday Today (39887 Views)

Wizkid Celebrates 33rd Birthday Today / Seyi Awolowo Celebrates His 30th Birthday With Lovely Pictures / Wizkid Celebrates Jada Pollock On Her Birthday (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wizkid Celebrates His 30th Birthday Today by PureGoldh(m): 12:01am On Jul 16, 2020
Wizkid Turns 30 Today

Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun (born 16 July 1990), known professionally as Wizkid (sometimes stylized as WizKid), is a Nigerian singer and songwriter. He began recording music at the age of 11 and managed to release a collaborative album with the Glorious Five, a group he and a couple of his church friends formed. Wizkid signed a record deal with Empire Mates Entertainment (E.M.E) in 2009. He rose to prominence after releasing "Holla at Your Boy", the lead single from his debut studio album Superstar (2011). "Tease Me/Bad Guys", "Don't Dull", "Love My Baby", "Pakurumo" and "Oluwa Lo Ni" were also released as singles from the Superstar album. In February 2014, Wizkid became the first Nigerian musician to have over one million followers on Twitter. Ayo, his self-titled second studio album, was released in September 2014. It was supported by six singles: "Jaiye Jaiye", "On Top Your Matter", "One Question", "Joy", "Bombay" and "Show You the Money". Wizkid left E.M.E after his contract expired.

In 2016, Wizkid achieved international recognition following his collaboration with Drake on the global hit, "One Dance", which reached number one in 15 countries, including the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada and Australia. He signed a multi-album deal with RCA Records in March 2017. His third studio album Sounds from the Other Side was released on 14 July 2017. It serves as his major label debut and was primarily a Caribbean-influenced record. SFTOS was supported by five singles: "Daddy Yo", "Sweet Love", "Come Closer", "African Bad Gyal" and "Naughty Ride". Wizkid became the first Afrobeats artist to appear in the 2018 Guinness World Records for his contribution to "One Dance".

Endorsements

In 2012, Wizkid signed a one-year endorsement deal with Pepsi reportedly worth $350,000 U.S. He travelled to Beirut, Lebanon, with Tiwa Savage for a Pepsi commercial shoot. On 28 May 2013, Premium Times reported that Wizkid had signed a one-year deal with MTN Nigeria. The newspaper also reported that Wizkid's Pepsi contract was renewed for two more years. In November 2013, Wizkid signed an endorsement deal with Guinness for the Guinness World of More concert, held at the Eko Convention Centre of the Eko Hotel and Suites on Victoria Island, Lagos.
In June 2015, Pulse Nigeria reported that Wizkid had ditched MTN and signed a ₦128 million deal with GLO.

Source : https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wizkid

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 30th Birthday Today by bigdammyj: 12:02am On Jul 16, 2020
Happy birthday Star Boy

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 30th Birthday Today by Lekison(m): 12:04am On Jul 16, 2020
Happy birthday wizzy baba nla

30 Likes

Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 30th Birthday Today by CEO1(m): 12:16am On Jul 16, 2020

14 Likes

Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 30th Birthday Today by SavageResponse(m): 12:29am On Jul 16, 2020
Happy Birthday to him!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 30th Birthday Today by Vyzz: 12:34am On Jul 16, 2020
grin
Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 30th Birthday Today by leaculpa: 1:04am On Jul 16, 2020
Happy birthday starboy! Welcome to the 3rd floor. smiley

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 30th Birthday Today by leaculpa: 1:07am On Jul 16, 2020
Op, he just got a new endorsement deal. A campaign for clothing designer MJB.
He just gets african and european endorsements concurrently. Business man, always on a deal. cheesy

54 Likes

Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 30th Birthday Today by DaddyRochie1642: 1:12am On Jul 16, 2020
I Love Wizzy Baba .....Happy Birthday Africa's Hottest.

14 Likes

Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 30th Birthday Today by DEROXMAN: 1:50am On Jul 16, 2020
Happy birthday" starboy" ibrahim balogun wink many more years for me to enjoy your sweet musics and win many more awards

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 30th Birthday Today by SAMBARRY: 5:43am On Jul 16, 2020
Dude is 30?

He still looks like a teenager or someone in his early 20s

Anyway I don't believe this guy is 30.nigerian musicians are known to be pathological liars..he should be somewhere around 20-23 max! That's if he's not a teenagerwink

Yes I understand that there are some men with small/short stature or baby face but their character, idiosyncrasies and attitudes will reveal they're adults or in their 30 but this guy's dressing, character,innate tendencies and everything about him looks like a teenager.

The other day Burna boy was saying he's 29
So does it now mean Wizkid is older than Burna.

The Burna I'm seeing will be in his late 30s and early 40s like 40-42.

Small time now Olamide will say he's celebrating his 17th birthday.

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 30th Birthday Today by BOOOMNAIJA: 5:53am On Jul 16, 2020
Upon as this boy lash women of different shapes, sizes, colours and ages, he still looks like a teenager at age 30....I thought they say too much sex makes u look older than ur real age .....abi is he using the destiny of d ladies he's sleeping with to get younger?

152 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 30th Birthday Today by osamz007: 6:10am On Jul 16, 2020
WIZZY NUMBER ONE

WHEN I DRIVE BYE GIRLS SAY HI YOUNG YOUNG WIZZY YOUR BOY TOO FLY"

TO DAYS

OF PAKURUMO

TO DAYS OF SOWETO BABY

TO DAYS OF OLOFOFO

TO DAYS OF IN MY BED

TO DAYS OF OJUELEGBA FROM MO DOGG'S STUDIO grin

TO DAYS OF DADDY YO

TO DAYS OF BACK TO THE MATTER

TO DAYS OF CARO

TO DAYS OF ON TOP YOUR MATTER

TO DAYS OF BOM BAY

TO DAYS OF AZONTO

TO DAYS OF GOOD LOVE

TO DAYS OF SWEET LOVE

TO DAYS OF WAD UP

TO DAYS OF SHOUT OUT

TO DAYS OF SISI NENE

TO DAYS OF FAST MONEY FAST CARS

TO DAYS OF NO LELE MY MUSIC TRAVEL NO VISA

TO DAYS OF GIDI GIRL

TO DAYS OF DON'T DULL.

TO DAYS OF SEXY MAMA

TO DAYS OF OLUWA LONI

TO DAYS OF TEASE ME

TO DAYS OF SCATTER THE FLOOR

TO DAYS OF GINGER

TO DAYS OF MEDICINE

TO DAYS OF MUMMY MI

TO DAYS OF FEVER

TO DAYS OF SOCO SOCO

TO DAYS OF MASTER GROOVE

TO DAYS OF JOY

TOO NUMEROUS

MORE GRACE TO KEEP DROPPING GBEDU IN EVERY SEASON

142 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 30th Birthday Today by Fabolousibk1(m): 6:18am On Jul 16, 2020
Happy birthday to Original Starboy
God bless your new age...
We are still waiting for Made in Lagos album to drop today oo....
Mashallah.....

8 Likes

Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 30th Birthday Today by Smartgeek(m): 6:30am On Jul 16, 2020
Na so

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 30th Birthday Today by adesmarty: 7:19am On Jul 16, 2020
Happy Birthday African starboy

5 Likes

Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 30th Birthday Today by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 16, 2020
D
Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 30th Birthday Today by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 16, 2020
Dco
Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 30th Birthday Today by Blaze232(m): 8:19am On Jul 16, 2020
Happy Happy birthday to you... Dayo

5 Likes

Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 30th Birthday Today by Blaze232(m): 8:21am On Jul 16, 2020
Happy Happy birthday to you

5 Likes

Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 30th Birthday Today by Slawormir: 8:21am On Jul 16, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Wizzy my real niggarrr Anyday anytime twice on Thursday
Not that overated dumb fuckkk who uses to much voice enhancer in the studio
The Moda fuckkking frogged Voice called Davido
Davido can never be a real niggarrr

WizKid one of the Nigerian artiste with talent
That is why when you run through a real niggarrrs play list you will find him there plus Burna boy and 2face....not stupid davido

The weekend
Imagine dragons
Sia
Burna boy
2face
Katty pery
Passenger
Bruno Mars
Avicii
Twenty one pilot
The Chainsmokers
Dig the kid
Cold play
Khalid
WizKid ( balogun the big boy anyday anytime twice on Thursday)
Maroon 5
Calum scot
John legend
Selena Gomez
Post malone
Ellie Goulding
Christiana aquilera
A great big world
Rita ora
Clean bandit
Dua lipa
Martin garixx
Major Lazer
The night
Edsheeran
Taylor swift
One direction
Lewis capaldi
Sam smith
Ariana Grande
Kehlani
Billie eilish
Camilo Cabello

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 30th Birthday Today by kponkedenge(m): 8:21am On Jul 16, 2020
Today is also my birthday. Hollar at me. cool

96 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 30th Birthday Today by MrSensor(m): 8:21am On Jul 16, 2020
At least he is celebrating his correct age. Some celebrities celebrate 25 years old each year.

10 Likes

Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 30th Birthday Today by seunlayi(m): 8:21am On Jul 16, 2020
Happy birthday.... Digger of the older women well

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 30th Birthday Today by faxterafrica: 8:21am On Jul 16, 2020
Happy birthday to Wizkid!!!! The king!!!

Make a free delivery with Faxter while it still lasts. The first 100 delivery requests are free.

We deliver items within Abuja for ₦200 min and ₦500 max for small parcels.

Request a delivery now @ www.faxter.com.

#Abuja #ecommerce #logistics

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 30th Birthday Today by WilliamsDeGreat: 8:21am On Jul 16, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Isoright. You forgot that part grin

29 Likes

Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 30th Birthday Today by blingxx(m): 8:22am On Jul 16, 2020
And burnaboy is 28...life no balance atall

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 30th Birthday Today by Righteousness89(m): 8:22am On Jul 16, 2020
Happy Birthday Ayo!
Let me use this opportunity to Tell you that The KING of Kings is waiting for you to come to Him..

The One who has given you an opportunity to see another year is calling on you

That's the Greatest Gift you will gift to your Soul.

Don't let all these things Confuse you!
JESUS is waiting for you. Don't delay!
That's where the Real Big Boys Reside!

Once again Happy Birthday!

24 Likes

Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 30th Birthday Today by IvarTheBoneless: 8:22am On Jul 16, 2020
Saw him at Eko Hotel a couple of years ago...

So short, frail and you could easily break him into 2.

If a friend hadn't pointed him out, wouldn't have recognised him.

He had this huge bodyguard like a mountain. You need to see the number of fans that came shocked

28 Likes

Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 30th Birthday Today by chudez0147(m): 8:22am On Jul 16, 2020
Happy birthday �StarBoy

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 30th Birthday Today by tammie24: 8:22am On Jul 16, 2020
God bless you wizzy

Omoluabi

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dad Questions Daughter Over Phyno's Pic As Her Whatsapp Dp / What Is Wrong With These Photos Of Psquare? / Afrocandy Shows Her Huge Cleavage In New Lovely Outfit Dress (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.