Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,690 members, 7,805,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

Who Knows About White-garment Churches? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Knows About White-garment Churches? (14799 Views)

'white Garment' Prophet Dies While Having Sex With Church Member's Wife / Beware Of White Garment Churches..the Worship The Marine Spirits! / Misconceptions About White Garment Churches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Knows About White-garment Churches? by Pweety4me(f): 11:10am On Feb 05, 2011
I don't mean or want to sound funny,ignorant or rude but there are quite a few things questionable about the way they do things, or let say things i don't quite understand about the way they do their things.

My first question, Why are there no white people who conduct white garment church?is 'white garment' really from God? or it was man-made by the nigerians?

I mean i don't know any other country besides nigerians that do white-garment.

Also all the things that they use during their services, such as, leaves, perfume e.t.c i mean they say they mean different things & are for santification or some sort of prayer. . .but are these things of the bible?

I mean as a christian, or a pastor of a church u do conduct things according to the words written in the bible?so shouldn't we see Gods teachings/ways being practised in the church?

Plse some1 should enlighten me here, i don't want any battles just some insight abeg

smiley
Re: Who Knows About White-garment Churches? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 05, 2011
It is being practised in other african countries. Go and watch yellow card.
Re: Who Knows About White-garment Churches? by mabell: 2:46pm On Feb 05, 2011
Well i heard of someone who got born again while he was there and now pastors a church though not a white garment church

1 Like

Re: Who Knows About White-garment Churches? by e36991: 3:08pm On Feb 05, 2011
Pweety4me:

I don't mean or want to sound funny, ignorant or rude

but
there are quite a few things questionable about the way they do things,

or let say things i don't quite understand about the way they do their things.

My first question, Why are there no white people who conduct white garment church? is 'white garment' really from God?

or it was man-made by the nigerians?

Also all the things that they use during their services, such as, leaves, perfume e.t.c

i mean they say they mean different things & are for santification or some sort of prayer. . . but are these things of the bible?

I mean as a christian, or a pastor of a church u do conduct things according to the words written in the bible?

so shouldn't we see Gods teachings/ways being practised in the church?

Plse some1 should enlighten me here, i don't want any battles just some insight abeg
smiley

@Pweety4me

Naija is still lagging behind, caught up in catching up . . .

Oyinbo (i.e. white people) have turned the corner on this "white garment" idiosyncrasy and gave it up for the we-know-whos

The reason there are no "white people who conduct white garment church" now, is because if there is, it would be labelled a cult and rightly so

No offenise, as the infamous Mr Cork would say
Re: Who Knows About White-garment Churches? by naijabb: 5:41pm On Feb 05, 2011
Re: Who Knows About White-garment Churches? by noetic16(m): 6:32pm On Feb 05, 2011
Pweety4me:

I don't mean or want to sound funny,ignorant or rude but there are quite a few things questionable about the way they do things, or let say things i don't quite understand about the way they do their things.

My first question, Why are there no white people who conduct white garment church?is 'white garment' really from God? or it was man-made by the nigerians?

Also all the things that they use during their services, such as, leaves, perfume e.t.c i mean they say they mean different things & are for santification or some sort of prayer. . .but are these things of the bible?

I mean as a christian, or a pastor of a church u do conduct things according to the words written in the bible?so shouldn't we see Gods teachings/ways being practised in the church?

smiley

does it need to be practiced by the westerners for it to gain validity? why dont u go on ur knees and personally ask God for a revelation about these churches instead of carnally raising innuendos?

1 Like

Re: Who Knows About White-garment Churches? by Pweety4me(f): 2:28pm On Feb 06, 2011
noetic16:

does it need to be practiced by the westerners for it to gain validity? why dont u go on your knees and personally ask God for a revelation about these churches instead of carnally raising innuendos?

Sorry? did i say it is not valid because the western are not practising it?it was just a question plse do not twist my words make u look stronger.

& i need not to go on my knees for anything?have u eva thought 2 think if i am even a believer or even if i am xtian for dat matter? & i am not raisng an innuendous thanx very much.

Plse don't come back.
smiley
Re: Who Knows About White-garment Churches? by Pweety4me(f): 2:35pm On Feb 06, 2011
e36991:

@Pweety4me

Naija is still lagging behind, caught up in catching up . . .

Oyinbo (i.e. white people) have turned the corner on this "white garment" idiosyncrasy and gave it up for the we-know-whos

The reason there are no "white people who conduct white garment church" now, is because if there is, it would be labelled a cult and rightly so

No offenise, as the infamous Mr Cork would say

Ok but who would lable it a cult? & is 'white-garment' of God where did it originate from? dat's what i don't get.
Re: Who Knows About White-garment Churches? by nulu4real: 9:49pm On Feb 06, 2011
If you are talking about white garment churches you have to be specific because there are many white garment churches in Nigeria. Before I can answer you, I have to know which of the white garment churches you are talking about.
Re: Who Knows About White-garment Churches? by Pweety4me(f): 11:07pm On Feb 06, 2011
nulu4real:

If you are talking about white garment churches you have to be specific because there are many white garment churches in Nigeria. Before I can answer you, I have to know which of the white garment churches you are talking about.
Are white-garment churches only in nigeria? all white garment jare. . .
Re: Who Knows About White-garment Churches? by yommyuk: 2:03am On Feb 07, 2011
http://www.celestialchurch.com/aboutus/imp_info.htm

http://www.celestialchurch.com/aboutus/reference/ccc_hist.htm

I am a member of one of the so called white garment Churches u are enquirying about, However we prefer to be called the "Celestial Church of CHRIST"

Click on the above link and read

God bless wink
Re: Who Knows About White-garment Churches? by nulu4real: 8:10am On Feb 07, 2011
I am happy to know that you are a member of the white garment churches. My problem is I do not understand why people castigate white garment churches, it is improper. This has to stop.
Re: Who Knows About White-garment Churches? by Pweety4me(f): 8:01pm On Feb 07, 2011
nulu4real:

I am happy to know that you are a member of the white garment churches. My problem is I do not understand why[b] people castigate white garment churches[/b], it is improper. This has to stop.

Seriously, dat is not my intention it has nothing 2 do with that actually,i just wanted more insight into it, i would not ask about what i knew.
Re: Who Knows About White-garment Churches? by yommyuk: 9:57pm On Feb 07, 2011
have u checked the link I posted?
Re: Who Knows About White-garment Churches? by nuella2(f): 9:41am On Feb 09, 2011
noetic16:

does it need to be practiced by the westerners for it to gain validity? why dont u go on your knees and personally ask God for a revelation about these churches instead of carnally raising innuendos?

You are a big hypocrite, now you are advicing someone to pray, if it was christ embassy you will be the first to call us fake. Did you pray and God told you we are fake? God and all his angels are watching, even demons are watching. If it was christ embassy this thread would have reached five pages, now it is a carnal matter, christ embassy would have been a spiritual matter. Hadred and envy is terrible.
Re: Who Knows About White-garment Churches? by Pweety4me(f): 12:09am On Feb 10, 2011
Hmm
Re: Who Knows About White-garment Churches? by noetic16(m): 11:40pm On Feb 12, 2011
nuella2:

You are a big hypocrite, now you are advicing someone to pray, if it was christ embassy you will be the first to call us fake. Did you pray and God told you we are fake? God and all his angels are watching, even demons are watching. If it was christ embassy this thread would have reached five pages, now it is a carnal matter, christ embassy would have been a spiritual matter. Hadred and envy is terrible.
grin grin

1. the issue raised in the OP were NOT doctrinal or related to biblical teachings. the OP was asking if white-garment churches are from God. This IMO shows a lack of basic understanding of the doctrinal tenets of white-garment churches on the part of the OP.

2. however had  the OP picked holes in the doctrinal teachings of white garment churches. . . . I would have been glad to discuss/debate these holes with her based on my understanding.

3. in case u did not notice the context of the OP. it was a generalized assumption about the genuiety of white garment churches. The only plausible response in this case is to hear directly from God. I cant think of any better answer . . . can u help me?

4. however the case against CE and chris oyaks is DOCTRINAL and centres on beliefs system. is is not in any way a generalization.
oyaks claims that himself and his members are now the word of God (implying that one does not need JC anymore), that he will never be broke again, that sickness is impossible to believers and many more . . . . .all of his sayings and teachings are fundamentally FLAWED because they contradict the true gospel and teachings of JC. oyaks is as such a FALSE prophet.

5. I will say this here on this forum, if only so that u might be personally encouraged to seek the TRUTH from God yourself. I was told that OYAKS and certain others (who I will not name at this moment) . . . .are false prophets and SONS of SATAN. You dont have to believe me . . . . , fast, pray and seek the face of God.

6. my position on oyaks is based on his doctrinal falsehood and inherent deception characterized by stage managed miracles, prosperity doctrine and many other false teachings. I dare you to doctrinally debate oyaks false teachings with me. If for any reason you classify my posts on oyaks as falsehood, let us both search deep within the scriptures and find out where God . . . .
a. made us His word, such that we do not need Jesus Christ anymore
b. promised us earthly rewards as part of the new covenat.

7. is oyaks really of God? is oyaks preaching the same gospel that Paul died for? the one stephen was stoned for? the one peter died for? or the one the early church was persecuted for? I put it to u BOLDLY that the gospel oyaks teaches CANNOT be reconciled to the gospel that the early christians lost their lives for.

8. he who has ears . .  . . let him hear.
Re: Who Knows About White-garment Churches? by Pweety4me(f): 4:28am On Feb 13, 2011
I don't know who u think was gonna read that, but hey goodluck!

& from little i grasped u seem to want 2 nail me over my enquiries, well sha still failing 2 give any valuable answers to my questions.

I think next time i'll go ask those that actually know about it, and not side talkers & rampant bashers who boost their self-esteem by drawing incoherent accusations.
Re: Who Knows About White-garment Churches? by noetic16(m): 5:14am On Feb 13, 2011
Pweety4me:

I don't know who u think was gonna read that, but hey goodluck!

& from little i grasped u seem to want 2 nail me over my enquiries, well sha still failing 2 give any valuable answers to my questions.

I think next time i'll go ask those that actually know about it, and not side talkers & rampant bashers who boost their self-esteem by drawing incoherent accusations.

incase u did not notice . . .my last post was not addressed to u grin
Re: Who Knows About White-garment Churches? by Pweety4me(f): 5:17am On Feb 13, 2011
I knew u were gonna say that, either way u mentioned me in your post & u are addressing my post so u are addressing me. smiley

Plonker
smiley
Re: Who Knows About White-garment Churches? by noetic16(m): 5:30am On Feb 13, 2011
Pweety4me:

I knew u were gonna say that, either way u mentioned me in your post & u are addressing my post so u are addressing me. smiley

Plonker
smiley

ahhh . . . . . it never reach fight now? grin please keep the insult under wraps grin
Re: Who Knows About White-garment Churches? by Pweety4me(f): 5:32am On Feb 13, 2011
undecided mshceww!
Re: Who Knows About White-garment Churches? by nuella2(f): 10:12am On Feb 14, 2011
noetic16:

grin grin

1. the issue raised in the OP were NOT doctrinal or related to biblical teachings. the OP was asking if white-garment churches are from God. This IMO shows a lack of basic understanding of the doctrinal tenets of white-garment churches on the part of the OP.

2. however had the OP picked holes in the doctrinal teachings of white garment churches. . . . I would have been glad to discuss/debate these holes with her based on my understanding.

3. in case u did not notice the context of the OP. it was a generalized assumption about the genuiety of white garment churches. The only plausible response in this case is to hear directly from God. I cant think of any better answer . . . can u help me?

4. however the case against CE and chris oyaks is DOCTRINAL and centres on beliefs system. is is not in any way a generalization.
oyaks claims that himself and his members are now the word of God (implying that one does not need JC anymore), that he will never be broke again, that sickness is impossible to believers and many more . . . . .all of his sayings and teachings are fundamentally FLAWED because they contradict the true gospel and teachings of JC. oyaks is as such a FALSE prophet.

5. I will say this here on this forum, if only so that u might be personally encouraged to seek the TRUTH from God yourself. I was told that OYAKS and certain others (who I will not name at this moment) . . . .are false prophets and SONS of SATAN. You dont have to believe me . . . . , fast, pray and seek the face of God.

6. my position on oyaks is based on his doctrinal falsehood and inherent deception characterized by stage managed miracles, prosperity doctrine and many other false teachings. I dare you to doctrinally debate oyaks false teachings with me. If for any reason you classify my posts on oyaks as falsehood, let us both search deep within the scriptures and find out where God . . . .
a. made us His word, such that we do not need Jesus Christ anymore
b. promised us earthly rewards as part of the new covenat.

7. is oyaks really of God? is oyaks preaching the same gospel that Paul died for? the one stephen was stoned for? the one peter died for? or the one the early church was persecuted for? I put it to u BOLDLY that the gospel oyaks teaches CANNOT be reconciled to the gospel that the early christians lost their lives for.

8. he who has ears . . . . let him hear.

You dont cease to amaze me. The poster picked out specific issues that she felt was not scriptural that needed to be discussed, maybe the topic was not appropriate. And you say they are not doctrinal issues, what is doctrine to you? All the nonsense you posted above do not make pastor chris a false prophet. Just because you have endorsed poverty, sickness and pain for yourself do not mean the bible said so concerning the christian.

You dont know anything about the gospel of christ, you are an embarrassment to christ. And i boldly say, you are the FALSE prophet. It is only the son of the devil that will be spreading this evil you call gospel. What is good in this your gospel.

Can you prove that pastor chris stages miracles? Is it because of the lies you have being reading, where are your EFCC officials?

Pastor chris makes the news, everybody want to write about him to make cash, like mudley did and you rushed there to read.

The bible already told us, how to know false prophets it not that nonsense you wrote in a confused state. Christ is goodnews, anybody that preach opposite of what he brought to us, is the false prophet.
Re: Who Knows About White-garment Churches? by noetic16(m): 7:33pm On Feb 14, 2011
nuella2:

You dont cease to amaze me. The poster picked out specific issues that she felt was not scriptural that needed to be discussed, maybe the topic was not appropriate. And you say they are not doctrinal issues, what is doctrine to you?

really? are you this dumb? did u read the OP? why have u refused to address the issues I raised? . . . , are u confused?

All the nonsense you posted above do not make pastor chris a false prophet. Just because you have endorsed poverty, sickness and pain for yourself do not mean the bible said so concerning the christian.

So according to oyaks, the best way to tap into this divine healing and wealth from God is to sow into his ministry by getting money from any means to fund his falsehood. FYI . . . . . I have not adopted poverty, sickness or pain. . . .cos I have just the opposite and understand that they come from the father FREELY.

You dont know anything about the gospel of christ, you are an embarrassment to christ. And i boldly say, you are the FALSE prophet. It is only the son of the devil that will be spreading this evil you call gospel. What is good in this your gospel.
a. what is the gospel of Christ?
b. why am I an embarrassment to Christ?
c. why am I a false prophet? did i stage manage a miracle? have I made a false prophecy? did I charge gate fees for anyone to come to church? do I sell the gospel? am I preaching a strange gospel?
d. what is the evil in exposing the fallacy of oyaks?

Can you prove that pastor chris stages miracles?

No I cant. but I rely on the millions of testimonies all over the web that suggest such.

The bible already told us, how to know false prophets it not that nonsense you wrote in a confused state. Christ is goodnews, anybody that preach opposite of what he brought to us, is the false prophet.

so gullible. . . .please read mathew 24. it tells of FALSE prophets who come to DECEIVE in the name of Christ. oyaks is one of them.
Re: Who Knows About White-garment Churches? by kaypeegee: 6:09am On Apr 16, 2011
I dont think there is any reason for you guys to fight about pastor Chris or the white garment churches. you all sound like you are christians but your behaviour does not show that. If pastor Chris is fake why not let God deal with him, the bible says we should not judge. About the white garment churches i also wanted to understand the part where some of them claim to talk to your dead relative, sometimes plead on your part for something. that is not biblical. isaiah 8 v 19. any prophet who says they can talk to dead people is false. but i would want to believe there are some white garment churches and christians who are genuine. some of these white garment churches do read the bible. about the use of perfumes and other stuff, does it really mean they are not genuine? did jesus not use mud to open that blind man's eyes? i think as long as they are calling on the name of Jesus and nothing else, they are just like the other prophets we prefer to believe are genuine, am not a member myself but i have come to realise some of these white garmented churches are trying so hard to please God and sort of want to embrace some of the methods in the old testament. its just my view,
Re: Who Knows About White-garment Churches? by kreamstaff: 8:56am On Apr 22, 2011
@noetic16 its peeps lyk u who keep heaping curses on demselvs & remain stagnant cos u misinform a lot of truth seekers, openly bearing false witness like d devil. i was once confused by yr ilk till i decided to go witness first hand d goings on in CE. it is a lie dat they have replaced the person of Jc and am a living witness that even terminal diseases have been healed. Jesus is not coming cos of CE as a church but 4 a unified body of Christ not divided but first those dat trouble it like u will b uprooted
Re: Who Knows About White-garment Churches? by noetic16(m): 10:52am On Apr 22, 2011
kreamstaff:

@noetic16 its peeps lyk u who keep heaping curses on demselvs & remain stagnant cos u misinform a lot of truth seekers, openly bearing false witness like d devil. i was once confused by yr ilk till i decided to go witness first hand d goings on in CE. it is a lie dat they have replaced the person of Jc and am a living witness that even terminal diseases have been healed. Jesus is not coming cos of CE as a church but 4 a unified body of Christ not divided but first those dat trouble it like u will b uprooted

so there is a curse on me because i expose a fraudster? where is that written in ur bible?
who had the healed terminal disease? was it u? any proof?
Re: Who Knows About White-garment Churches? by godwillsave: 4:01am On Feb 13, 2012
watch "Testimony of A Former Witch Doctor From Nigeria-Emmanuel Amos Eni" on youtube. it will answer this question for you along with many others. in short white-garment churches are not of god. in this video you will see how they are created. hope this helps
Re: Who Knows About White-garment Churches? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Feb 13, 2012
The Romans, indiginise Christianity and called it Roman Catholic (Nigerians accept no argument)
The English indiginise Catholicism and called it Anglican (Nigerians accepts no argument)
Americans indiginisee Anglican and called it Episcopalian (Nigerians Accept no argument)
Black Americans indiginise Episcopalian and called it Pentecostal abi na evangelical (Nigerians Accept no argument)

Nigerians indiginise Anglican and call it "Celestial or Cherubim or Aladura" (Nigerians no accept and argue that they are cults and fetish)

we see where our problem dey start?

1 Like

Re: Who Knows About White-garment Churches? by Moska(m): 10:52pm On Mar 04, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]Do you want to perform miracles in the church,heal the sick?do you want to build mansion across the country & drive bigger cars?then contact the spiritual head ''Billioniare Brotherhood.Call +2348134674745.

Re: Who Knows About White-garment Churches? by tpia5: 12:02am On Mar 06, 2013
think a lot of celebrities patronize them.
Re: Who Knows About White-garment Churches? by Kunlecelica(m): 2:11pm On Mar 06, 2013
To begin with the establishment of white garment churches churches is not a man-made idea but by the divine order of our Lord Jesus Christ.They are truly commissioned by our Lord Jesus Christ to liberate the earth from darkness.Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever. Jesus Christ is in every Church of God which he truly founded, he just shows himself to people from various angles as you can see in the different ways in which he called prophets and apostles in the bible,Moses,Samuel,Elijah,Isaiah, Jeremiah, Peter, Matthew, Paul etc
Whichever side he shows you of himself he just wants people to serve him instead of the kingdom of Satan therefore he has made christendom flexible, you serve him where you are at ease, Gospel, Orthodox, Pentecostal or Spiritual church.
BIBLICAL REFERENCES

1 .People in garment of glory 1saiah 52.1, Rev 3:5, Rev 7:9
2. Holy, Holy, Holy to the Lord of host Rev 4:8, Isa 6:3
3. The Altar and bowing down before the altar Rev 1:4, Rev 4:9-10, Matt 5:24
4. Use of incense Rev 5:8 Rev 8:3-4
5. Use of candles Rev 4:5, Exodus 25:37, Zechariah 4:2
6. Regular burning of altar light Lev 24:4, Exo 20:21-27
7. Use of palm fronds Rev 7:9, John 12:12-13
8. Use of salt Lev 2:13, 2 Kgs 2:19-22, Matt 5:13
9. Use of water 2 Kgs 5:1-14, John 9:6-11
10. Use of perfume Matt 26:6-13
11. Washing of feet John 13:5-13
12. No alcohol Genesis 9:20-25, Lev 10:9-11
13. No corpse in the church Exo 43:7-9
14. Menstruation and purification of women Lev 15:4-9, Lev 12:2-3, 7,Luke 2 vs. 22
15. Positions of angels in the divine call Hebrews 1:5-81
These are biblical references to back up the activities in most white garment churches as directed by God. However in Celica Church of Christ we do say we do not need to justify our actions to people because we are led by Holy Spirit. We only need to back up our activities with this biblical reference John 14 vs 26 “the holy spirit will come and help you because the father will send the spirit to take my place. The spirit will teach you everything and will remind you of what I said while I was with you” and also from John 16 vs 13”but when he,the spirit of truth ,comes he will speak only what he hears and he will tell u what is yet to come. It is the holy spirit that directs us on what we do at all times .That is what we stand on.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What If That Girl Sue Oyedepo? / Christianity Vs. Satanism / Death Of Church Members: How Does Your Church React?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.