Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

Tolulope Arotile: Father Speaks As Sympathizers Visit Residence Of Female Pilot - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tolulope Arotile: Father Speaks As Sympathizers Visit Residence Of Female Pilot (48020 Views)

Igboho Speaks As Yoruba Nation Agitators Invade Oyo Govt Secretariat, Hoist Flag / Tolulope Arotile: Nehemiah Adejoh Drove The Vehicle That Killled NAF Officer / Tolulope Arotile, Nigeria’s First Female Combat Helicopter Pilot, Dies At 23 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tolulope Arotile: Father Speaks As Sympathizers Visit Residence Of Female Pilot by NwekeUG(m): 7:26am On Jul 16, 2020
Father Of Late Combat Helicopter Pilot, Tolulope Arotile, Speaks On Daughter's Last Moments, Says She Fulfilled Childhood Dream

Mr Akintunde Arotile, father of Nigeria's first female combat helicopter pilot, Tolulope, who passed away on Tuesday, has disclosed their last conversation before she died.

Arotile said he called his daughter on the phone on Tuesday at about 1:00pm on her return from an operation against bandits in Katsina State and the two of the had a several minutes chat.

He however, revealed that things took a different turn later in the day when he received a call from a person.

He said, "She told me that she will later go out to make some photocopies and I told her not to be long and to return home on time because she was staying with my first daughter in Kaduna.

"Around 5:30pm, somebody called me and asked if I had called her and I said yes. The person told me to call her again which I did, but there was no response. So, I called her colleagues and they were all crying on phone. I asked what happened, they were just crying.

"I called one of her bosses who told me that she was in the mortuary. I was shocked because said she was somebody I spoke with four hours earlier and by 5:00pm she was in the mortuary."

The bereaved father further disclosed that he had to drive to Lokoja, Kogi State, from Abuja to inform his wife about the incident.

Recalling the early days of his late daughter, Mr Arotile said, "She has not just been brilliant but wonderful. She did all her education from kindergarten to nursery at the Air Force base and Nigeria Defence Academy, Kaduna.

"One day, when she was very small, she pointed to one small aircraft packed on the field and said one day she was going to fly that aircraft, and I said Amen.

"So, from that day she started working towards getting admission into the Nigerian Defence Academy Kaduna. She had a degree in Mathematics and became an Air Force Cadet.

"From there, she was sent on several courses abroad and became a pilot.

"I thank God that she was able to achieve her dreams as a baby before her death."

http://saharareporters.com/2020/07/15/father-late-combat-helicopter-pilot-tolulope-arotile-speaks-daughters-last-moments-says

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tolulope Arotile: Father Speaks As Sympathizers Visit Residence Of Female Pilot by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:27am On Jul 16, 2020
She so look like her mom.

Painful loss

Every mans dream girl gone just like that at such a young age of 23 "Mistakenly" according to the Nigerian Air Force.

The devil really succeded in this but we give God the glory in all situation

We pray it never happen again to anyone else .

Rip Young pilot.

193 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Tolulope Arotile: Father Speaks As Sympathizers Visit Residence Of Female Pilot by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:27am On Jul 16, 2020
Only God can console her family!!!

58 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tolulope Arotile: Father Speaks As Sympathizers Visit Residence Of Female Pilot by holuwajobar(m): 7:28am On Jul 16, 2020
A girl with alot to achieve was killed MISTAKENLY by a friend....

Watchword -- MISTAKENLY

Sometimes, I really want to believe that there is something like Village people.

This young girl wey don Dy break record , is gone just like that .

In this life ehn, no matter what you have achieved doesn't matter when death come calling.... Same goes to that Gokada CEO....

It is well Sha.....

Ps--- An hacker just got Bitcoin worth of 100,000 dollar... Oluwa , pickup my call na

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tolulope Arotile: Father Speaks As Sympathizers Visit Residence Of Female Pilot by Kriss216: 7:28am On Jul 16, 2020
Irreplaceable loss.
God, please console the family.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tolulope Arotile: Father Speaks As Sympathizers Visit Residence Of Female Pilot by popsy2(m): 7:28am On Jul 16, 2020
Chai
Re: Tolulope Arotile: Father Speaks As Sympathizers Visit Residence Of Female Pilot by donstan18: 7:29am On Jul 16, 2020
I have no reason not to believe she was killed by those threatened with her achievements.

Fear NORTH!

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tolulope Arotile: Father Speaks As Sympathizers Visit Residence Of Female Pilot by Nbote(m): 7:32am On Jul 16, 2020
The army military has a whole lot of explaining to do... I'm still trying to understand how a reversing car hit and killed an adult even wen dey claim d driver saw her and was only reversing to greet her

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tolulope Arotile: Father Speaks As Sympathizers Visit Residence Of Female Pilot by WetSmoke: 7:32am On Jul 16, 2020
Kai. May God comfort your family. This is just too much.

I keeping asking myself if she was backing the reversing car?

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tolulope Arotile: Father Speaks As Sympathizers Visit Residence Of Female Pilot by ahiboilandgas: 7:38am On Jul 16, 2020
NwekeUG:
IgbereTV reports that sympathizers have been flooding the residence of Tolulope Arotile, Nigeria's First Female Combat Helicopter Pilot to console her parents.

See pictures below.

https://igberetvnews.com/1358190/tolulope-arotile-sympathizers-flood-residence-late-female-pilot-photos/

Lalasticlala
please accept my heart felt condolence.....i just cant comprehend how a reverse could lead to this ...reserve at top speed or what inside barrack

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tolulope Arotile: Father Speaks As Sympathizers Visit Residence Of Female Pilot by majamajic(m): 7:39am On Jul 16, 2020
So sad
May her soul rest in peace

1 Like

Re: Tolulope Arotile: Father Speaks As Sympathizers Visit Residence Of Female Pilot by tundchip2: 7:47am On Jul 16, 2020
Lord knows

1 Like

Re: Tolulope Arotile: Father Speaks As Sympathizers Visit Residence Of Female Pilot by densiks: 7:51am On Jul 16, 2020
Nbote:
The army has a whole lot of explaining to do... I'm still trying to understand how a reversing car hit and killed an adult even wen dey claim d driver saw her and was only reversing to greet her

She was in the air force and not the army.

Perhaps you wanted to type military.

It is a heavy and painful loss.

I mourn and sympathize with her family

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tolulope Arotile: Father Speaks As Sympathizers Visit Residence Of Female Pilot by iceboy4752(m): 7:52am On Jul 16, 2020
donstan18:
I have no reason not to believe she wasn't killed by those threatened with her achievements.

Fear NORTH!

So are you telling us it is only in north people get killed because of their achievements

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tolulope Arotile: Father Speaks As Sympathizers Visit Residence Of Female Pilot by Humanoid01(m): 7:54am On Jul 16, 2020
donstan18:
I have no reason not to believe she wasn't killed by those threatened with her achievements.

Fear NORTH!
Check that phrase again.

6 Likes

Re: Tolulope Arotile: Father Speaks As Sympathizers Visit Residence Of Female Pilot by Racoon(m): 7:57am On Jul 16, 2020
So painful! God! What a demise.Please be comforted dear family.

2 Likes

Re: Tolulope Arotile: Father Speaks As Sympathizers Visit Residence Of Female Pilot by IamPatriotic(m): 8:06am On Jul 16, 2020
Aye o ní bọ bàtà ọfọ sí inu ilekun ilé wa ní orúkọ Olúwa.

36 Likes

Re: Tolulope Arotile: Father Speaks As Sympathizers Visit Residence Of Female Pilot by agwom(m): 8:11am On Jul 16, 2020
I can only see four peoples...RIP
Re: Tolulope Arotile: Father Speaks As Sympathizers Visit Residence Of Female Pilot by JohnEagle96(m): 8:18am On Jul 16, 2020
RIP....Gone to soon
Re: Tolulope Arotile: Father Speaks As Sympathizers Visit Residence Of Female Pilot by mytime24(f): 8:29am On Jul 16, 2020
Rip embarassed

Now Wey her parents suppose dey eat their fruits of labour

Village pple say no undecided

5 Likes

Re: Tolulope Arotile: Father Speaks As Sympathizers Visit Residence Of Female Pilot by joyandfaith: 8:33am On Jul 16, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
please accept my heart felt condolence.....i just cant comprehend how a reverse could lead to this ...reserve at top speed or what inside barrack

premeditated murder is high possibility in her case. the problem is that we do not care about the dead. if we do, we will investigate unnatural or suspicious deaths to know causes, manners, mechanisms of death.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tolulope Arotile: Father Speaks As Sympathizers Visit Residence Of Female Pilot by RuddyFusion(m): 8:33am On Jul 16, 2020
Rest on dear
Re: Tolulope Arotile: Father Speaks As Sympathizers Visit Residence Of Female Pilot by ayodayg(m): 8:46am On Jul 16, 2020
I feel for the family...may they find happiness soon.
For the ex-classmate, he/she is going to find it very hard to forgive him/herself. He/she should be closely monitored cos the thoughts could be suicidal. I pray he/she overcomes this.

10 Likes

Re: Tolulope Arotile: Father Speaks As Sympathizers Visit Residence Of Female Pilot by Nbote(m): 8:47am On Jul 16, 2020
densiks:

She was in the air force and not the army.

Perhaps you wanted to type military.

It is a heavy and painful loss.

I mourn and sympathize with her family

Yea thanks for d correction... I belong to d category of ppl who generalize everyone in d military as "The Army"

13 Likes

Re: Tolulope Arotile: Father Speaks As Sympathizers Visit Residence Of Female Pilot by zombieTRACKER: 8:50am On Jul 16, 2020
undecided

If only that base was in southern Nigeria
She would have been alive today...

Southerners wake up

8 Likes

Re: Tolulope Arotile: Father Speaks As Sympathizers Visit Residence Of Female Pilot by austine4real(m): 8:58am On Jul 16, 2020
Some might be happy that such happen to them

But we didn't celebrate her this much while she was alife

1 Like

Re: Tolulope Arotile: Father Speaks As Sympathizers Visit Residence Of Female Pilot by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 16, 2020
See the deep pain in her dad's face. He is just trying to be a man but the pain is deep..
This girl was just likely murdered. Simple. Military barracks always have bumps and humps and you can't speed anyhow. Reverse drive can't kill easily. Something is not right. This is a country that good achievements in a public and government places are now seen as taboo and strange because it's affecting some power that be,feeding on negativity and sabotage. I wish to know the the so called of the person that drove the person and you won't be surprised where the person comes from. It's high time this country break to major regional government and let everyone answer their papa name.
My condolences to her family especially her parent.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tolulope Arotile: Father Speaks As Sympathizers Visit Residence Of Female Pilot by debetmx(m): 9:08am On Jul 16, 2020
donstan18:
I have no reason not to believe she was killed by those threatened with her achievements.

Fear NORTH!

For the records, she was from the NORTH.

But, her death was not an accident.

Let me stop here before this useless Buhari Government comes on my heels.

4 Likes

Re: Tolulope Arotile: Father Speaks As Sympathizers Visit Residence Of Female Pilot by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 16, 2020
debetmx:

For the records, she was from the NORTH.

But, her death was not an accident.

Let me stop here before this useless Buhari Government come on my heels.
Bro forget north deceit they made us to believe. She is from Kogi and as you know, Yoruba has large and huge population in that state. They are real land owners not settlers. If not useless government that always force people together like they merge Nigeria together , nothing will be called North Central or whatever. That's unfortunate.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tolulope Arotile: Father Speaks As Sympathizers Visit Residence Of Female Pilot by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 16, 2020
Hopefully their sympathies are real.
Re: Tolulope Arotile: Father Speaks As Sympathizers Visit Residence Of Female Pilot by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 16, 2020
Very painful
RIP

1 Like

Re: Tolulope Arotile: Father Speaks As Sympathizers Visit Residence Of Female Pilot by Minjim: 9:28am On Jul 16, 2020
Oh no, I really empathize with the family.
Especially the dad. He looks traumatized

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Prof Osinbajo' At Sudan's Presidential Inauguration Ceremony (photos) / Photo Of Kwankwaso Wearing Igbo Isi Agu Attire / US Reacts To Plateau Killings, Reveals What They Will Do With Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.