Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

Senate Wants Age Limits Scrapped For Job Seekers - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Senate Wants Age Limits Scrapped For Job Seekers (27492 Views)

South Africa President Encouraged Lady Looking For Job To Keep Searching / Professional CV and Cover Letter Templates For Job Seekers / Woman With Placard Searching For Job For Her Husband In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Wants Age Limits Scrapped For Job Seekers by Jman06(m): 6:03pm On Jul 16, 2020
iceboy4752:

You people will never see something positive. The masses are the ones that suffer most because of this age limit in job hunting. Now that they are trying to ease things for you, you're still saying they're favouring themselves. The Senate has been proposing reasonable bills lately. We have to commend them for that.
Exactly!

The bills our senators propose nowadays are really people-oriented and commendable.

Kudos to them.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Wants Age Limits Scrapped For Job Seekers by Openbusiness4: 6:07pm On Jul 16, 2020
K
Re: Senate Wants Age Limits Scrapped For Job Seekers by GMBuhari: 6:08pm On Jul 16, 2020
Makes sense
Re: Senate Wants Age Limits Scrapped For Job Seekers by 1759ademola(m): 6:10pm On Jul 16, 2020
You get brain our Senator.
Re: Senate Wants Age Limits Scrapped For Job Seekers by Miyachi: 6:14pm On Jul 16, 2020
Long overdue. I think competence should be the major yardstick not age. I cringe every time I see employers brazenly discriminate against elderly people.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Wants Age Limits Scrapped For Job Seekers by Goalnaldo(m): 6:14pm On Jul 16, 2020
Good decision by the senate. I didn't apply for the ongoing NAF recruitment because of age factor.

1 Like

Re: Senate Wants Age Limits Scrapped For Job Seekers by goldensmiles: 6:14pm On Jul 16, 2020
I really want to commend the sanate for this. If this proposal scale through then it's commendable and a welcome development

2 Likes

Re: Senate Wants Age Limits Scrapped For Job Seekers by Goldp5988(f): 6:15pm On Jul 16, 2020
I support this
Re: Senate Wants Age Limits Scrapped For Job Seekers by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 16, 2020
chatinent:
When I read job seekers, I feel they care about -- not the poor masses --- just themselves so they can re-apply for a public job position even at a dying age.

Come on
Re: Senate Wants Age Limits Scrapped For Job Seekers by shigoawesu(m): 6:16pm On Jul 16, 2020
iceboy4752:

You people will never see something positive. The masses are the ones that suffer most because of this age limit in job hunting. Now that they are trying to ease things for you, you're still saying they're favouring themselves. The Senate has been proposing reasonable bills lately. We have to commend them for that.

You don't know anything
They must wail
Which senator wan apply for job be deceiving yourself
When you see something good say something good

2 Likes

Re: Senate Wants Age Limits Scrapped For Job Seekers by Geesaintagape: 6:23pm On Jul 16, 2020
chatinent:
When I read job seekers, I feel they care about -- not the poor masses --- just themselves so they can re-apply for a public job position even at a dying age.
Idiot
Re: Senate Wants Age Limits Scrapped For Job Seekers by Redman44(m): 6:23pm On Jul 16, 2020
sylve11:
The Polytechnic vs University degree comes to mind upon reading this thread. It was said that Polytechnic HND shouldn't be discriminated and I think a law was passed. Oya enter the street go seek for jobs with your HND make you know how BSc is more valuable than HND. undecided cool

Why should a Polytechnic graduate be competing for jobs with a University graduate? Polytechnics are meant to develop your technical skills and make you develop a sense of self-sufficiency. As a Polytechnic graduate, you should be able to create a job or business for yourself. I have come across many Polytechnic graduates who are naturally good with their hands and they have profitable skills, yet they are always looking to work in banks and the white collar sectors of the Nigerian economy shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked. My brother graduated from the Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, and he remains very gifted when it comes to doing business and selling things. He studied Business Administration but he has never worked with his Certificate. I respect Polytechnic graduates a lot.
Re: Senate Wants Age Limits Scrapped For Job Seekers by samsard(m): 6:29pm On Jul 16, 2020
bolaji3071:
This will be a very good development. They should start from Banks.
Banks are private organizations and the government can't dictate that to them.
Re: Senate Wants Age Limits Scrapped For Job Seekers by CIA88(f): 6:30pm On Jul 16, 2020
This is the best news I have heard this year. This is the kind of representation I want to see. God bless you true representatives.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Wants Age Limits Scrapped For Job Seekers by usoroakpan(m): 6:31pm On Jul 16, 2020
Good one
Re: Senate Wants Age Limits Scrapped For Job Seekers by Redman44(m): 6:31pm On Jul 16, 2020
deddypiper:
To what end, cos this country has very limited jobs, at the end of the day, nothing has been done cos no Jobs were created.

It is not the responsibility of the government to give you a job. The Senate has just made it easier for you to get employed, by proposing to set aside the age restriction factor that has kept many Nigerians from getting the job they applied for. The government can only create an enabling environment for you to thrive. You have to look for a job yourself or create one for yourself. Government can only create civil service jobs and Federal jobs like Police, Customs, Immigration, Army, NYSC Staff etc. Even in the developed countries, it is the private sector that is creating 85% of the jobs in those places. Show some courage and responsibility and work your ass off to get that job. Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Wants Age Limits Scrapped For Job Seekers by Dantee005(m): 6:34pm On Jul 16, 2020
Is just me or has anybody noticed dat the Senate has been proposing reasonable bills dis period...? undecided

1 Like

Re: Senate Wants Age Limits Scrapped For Job Seekers by erutoria: 6:37pm On Jul 16, 2020
This is a good development. I pray they adhere to it especially private bodies
Re: Senate Wants Age Limits Scrapped For Job Seekers by ednut1(m): 6:39pm On Jul 16, 2020
magicminister:

Hell yes!!
If God blesses my business and it grows to the level I envision where people will seek internship, I wouldn’t care if you’re 40 or 100.
As long as you can do the job as delegated and willing to learn. You must also be comfortable working with people from every tribe and religion and be respectful of everyone regardless of their status in the firm.

God will see me there cos I know I’ve paid my dues for the longest.
you need to start living in the real world
Re: Senate Wants Age Limits Scrapped For Job Seekers by Kindledlight(m): 6:42pm On Jul 16, 2020
Rubber Stamp senate according to some people
Re: Senate Wants Age Limits Scrapped For Job Seekers by Fasa440: 6:44pm On Jul 16, 2020
Nice one �
Re: Senate Wants Age Limits Scrapped For Job Seekers by Akaujaa(m): 6:51pm On Jul 16, 2020
chatinent:

Some people can sound so negative. Negative people see something bad in everything. Very bad.
Re: Senate Wants Age Limits Scrapped For Job Seekers by israelmao(m): 7:06pm On Jul 16, 2020
The fact that must be stated here is that there're some jobs that are meant for some age groups what we should more concerned about is government creating enabling environment in terms entrepreneurial development as well as transparency and equality in job recruitment for instance,no political elite should use his or her official influence or authority to corner job slots for cronies and relatives.
Re: Senate Wants Age Limits Scrapped For Job Seekers by edoairways: 7:12pm On Jul 16, 2020
Long overdue
Re: Senate Wants Age Limits Scrapped For Job Seekers by ElasticStone(m): 7:13pm On Jul 16, 2020
I agree with this.
Re: Senate Wants Age Limits Scrapped For Job Seekers by dvson1: 7:26pm On Jul 16, 2020
There children are studying abroad where there's or online cause they can afford it.... Strick over there if at all there it happen, is minimal... Down here we strick every year and before graduation you're already above agree limit... Few masses who are good that's even dragging the job with their underaged children , now they want to screen them out
Re: Senate Wants Age Limits Scrapped For Job Seekers by worldbest01(f): 7:39pm On Jul 16, 2020
I pray it works because it has made many to lie
Re: Senate Wants Age Limits Scrapped For Job Seekers by professore(m): 7:47pm On Jul 16, 2020
This is too commendable. Kudos 9th NASS.
Re: Senate Wants Age Limits Scrapped For Job Seekers by Tunagee(m): 7:53pm On Jul 16, 2020
iceboy4752:

I love your optimism, but the truth is that most people have lost hope in this country, that's the problem, and they cannot be blame cos of the insincerity being adopted in running political affairs of an already failed nation

1 Like

Re: Senate Wants Age Limits Scrapped For Job Seekers by Barryson: 8:10pm On Jul 16, 2020
Age limit is a virus in the labour market for job seekers.
It should be scrapped.

1 Like

Re: Senate Wants Age Limits Scrapped For Job Seekers by chubinwa(m): 8:16pm On Jul 16, 2020
Very good bill I hope to be passed into law. I got discouraged when I saw the age limit on Nigerian police force recruitment age requirement. it so disheartening.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? / What Do You Know About NewEdge Financial Limited / Julius Berger Nigeria Is Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.