Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

Did King Solomon Make Heaven? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did King Solomon Make Heaven? (2574 Views)

Was This Action Of King Solomon Right Or Wrong? / Angela Nwosu: 'Don't Want To Make Heaven If It's Where Oyedepo, Adeboye Will Go' / "Pastor Adeboye Won't Make Heaven" - Daddy Freeze Gives 5 Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did King Solomon Make Heaven? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:02pm On Jul 16, 2020
Manofvalor1:
YES.bible accounts points to the fact that solomon live a wayward life in his youthful years of quest for pleasure,lust,power and material things.but he later repented when he had seen the folly of such pursuit of wayward life without God and that was when he wrote the book of proverbs and ecclesiates.

Wrong!

He was not wayward when he was young it was When he Was Old. 1 kings 11:4-13.
Re: Did King Solomon Make Heaven? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 16, 2020
uracefriend:

I like your point sire. But what about these words of Jesus

Matthew 8:11-12 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.
But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

That statement, all Israel will be saved....does it include those into black arts, satanism, etc. Remember Paul said, we are all Israel, we who believe, not according to the flesh but according to the promise.
That's why I said except those that aren't given for salvation.
Please note that even on this earth, not everyone you see is purely human!

Romans 9:6-8 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

God does not change. What He says to one, He says to all. He is not a respecter of persons.[/quote]

Besides, those verses up there were made before he(Paul) gave the conclusion of his argument.Take time and go through the book from beginning to end.

Talking about King Solomon going to heaven, definitely he will and he is there. Christ has redeemed him by his death and resurrection. And towards the end of his life he gave the conclusion that the most important for a man is to remember his creator, to fear God and keep His commandments. That's repentance, he had a change of perception and mind!
Re: Did King Solomon Make Heaven? by Manofvalor1: 5:31pm On Jul 16, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Wrong!

He was not wayward when he was young it was When he Was Old. 1 kings 11:4-13.

Not wrong!.Where in that passage you quoted showed that solomon died in sin? go and read the whole book of ecclesiates and you would see that solomon did turn back to God.eclesiastes 12:13-14 sums up by quoting the final summation of solomons ecclesiates:"let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter"fear God and keep his commandments" the books of proverbs and ecclesiates were written at the later end of solomons life.now does that sound like a man who concluded his life in sin?
Re: Did King Solomon Make Heaven? by Gullah: 5:34pm On Jul 16, 2020
The answer to that question is only known to God almighty

1 Like

Re: Did King Solomon Make Heaven? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:00pm On Jul 16, 2020
Manofvalor1:
Not wrong!.Where in that passage you quoted showed that solomon died in sin? go and read the whole book of ecclesiates and you would see that solomon did turn back to God.eclesiastes 12:13-14 sums up by quoting the final summation of solomons ecclesiates:"let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter"fear God and keep his commandments" the books of proverbs and ecclesiates were written at the later end of solomons life.now does that sound like a man who concluded his life in sin?

I stand to be corrected but I maintain 100% that Solomon did not enter God's Rest, Because it seen that God Always Identified with His Own eg

To Isaac He said “I am the God of thy father Abraham;fear not" Genesis 26:24.

To Jacob, “[b]I am the LORD God of Abraham your father and the God of Isaac." [/b]Genesis 28:13

And to Solomon "if thou wilt walk in my ways, to keep my statutes and my commandments, [b]as thy father David did walk:
" 1 kings 11:38.

God was now very Angry With Solomon so He sent Ahijah to Jeroboam saying "if thou wilt hearken unto all that I command thee, and wilt walk in my ways, and do that is right in my sight, to keep my statutes and my commandments, as David my servant did; (By implication Solomon is Rejected)

And thereafter, No King and his son, both walked together with the Lord such that the Lord Could Identify Himself with any of them.

That is my Submission.

2 Likes

Re: Did King Solomon Make Heaven? by Nobody: 6:35am On Jul 17, 2020
Righteousness89:
If we are to go by the records in the Holy Bible, then he definitely didn't!

Its also possible that he Repented.
Because if you have a look at His End in

1Kings 11:41
And the rest of the acts of Solomon, and all that he did, and his wisdom, are they not written in the book of the acts of Solomon?

The Bible did not give us the "Rest of his acts"

So it's possible, Solomon Repented Befor he finally passed away.

We will know better when we get to Heaven..

If he repented don't you think that would have been one of the most important part of the narrative to be left out?
Re: Did King Solomon Make Heaven? by Acehart: 6:49am On Jul 17, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

If he repented don't you think that would have been one of the most important part of the narrative to be left out?

The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things that are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of the law.
Re: Did King Solomon Make Heaven? by MuttleyLaff: 6:54am On Jul 17, 2020
Righteousness89:
If we are to go by the records in the Holy Bible, then he definitely didn't!

Its also possible that he Repented.
Because if you have a look at His End in

1Kings 11:41
And the rest of the acts of Solomon, and all that he did, and his wisdom, are they not written in the book of the acts of Solomon?

The Bible did not give us the "Rest of his acts"

So it's possible, Solomon Repented Befor he finally passed away.

We will know better when we get to Heaven..

HedwigesMaduro:

Acehart:
The secret things belong to the LORD our God,
but the things that are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of the law.
"It is the glory of God that hides the word, and the glory of the King that seeks for the word
(i.e.It is God’s privilege to conceal things and the king’s privilege to discover them)
"
- Proverbs 25:2
Re: Did King Solomon Make Heaven? by Righteousness89(m): 8:57am On Jul 17, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

If we were to go by what we think, then I think he Repented!

God Specially Loved Solomon from Birth!
If He didn't Repent do you think, He will be given even a book in the Bible?

But I can't make that Conclusion because the Bible didn't state that!

The Bible is the Standard! Not what we think!

It just like Samson! I Believe if Solomon had died in his evil , the Bible would have clearly stated that!

If u go through the Kings in the Bible, you will see that there was a clear description of how they end!
Some of David's lineage were not even buried in the city of David because of their evils.

There are kings that were described as " Died without being desired"

In Conclusion, when we get to the Street of Gold, we will know if Solomon is there!
Re: Did King Solomon Make Heaven? by Janosky: 9:45am On Jul 17, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

Only JWs know the genuine answer to the OP's question that is causing all the somersaults on this thread grin
If you desire genuine SCRIPTURAL answers, ask the Jehovah's witness near you..
Get your Bible and notebook to write down each Bible verses cited and the wisdom revealed therefrom grin
Re: Did King Solomon Make Heaven? by Dotherightthing: 9:59am On Jul 17, 2020
Righteousness89:

If we were to go by what we think, then I think he Rrepented!

God Sspecially Lloved Solomon from Bbirth!
If Hhe didn't Rrepent do you think, Hhe will be given even a book in the Bible?

But I can't make that Cconclusion because the Bible didn't state that!

The Bible is the Sstandard! Not what we think!

It just like Samson! I Bbelieve if Solomon had died in his evil , the Bible would have clearly stated that!

If u go through the Kkings in the Bible, you will see that there was a clear description of how they end!
Some of David's lineage were not even buried in the city of David because of their evils.

There are kings that were described as " Died without being desired"

In Cconclusion, when we get to the Street of Gold, we will know if Solomon is there!

21. Please spell words correctly when you post, and try to use perfect grammar and punctuation.

2 Likes

Re: Did King Solomon Make Heaven? by judedwriter(m): 10:03am On Jul 17, 2020
uracefriend:
It wasn't stated in the Bible but I have wondered so many times if he did, considering that he worshipped other gods from his outlandish wives and concubines of a thousand. Who knows! Did he repent eventually? We know God spoke to him, blessed him and even manifested His glory through this king. What's your take?
NB: Only Bible scholars and theologians should comment. It is a sensitive topic, and I don't want any jokes or unsavoury opinions on spiritual matters.

@moderators

Solomon probably wrote the book of ecclesiates when he was old... so likely he turned to the Lord in repentance before he died.

1 Like

Re: Did King Solomon Make Heaven? by truespeak: 2:07pm On Jul 17, 2020
When you Do Well, God Always Uses You As A Point of Reference for Well Doing!
Re: Did King Solomon Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 2:45pm On Jul 17, 2020
uracefriend:
It wasn't stated in the Bible but I have wondered so many times if he did, considering that he worshipped other gods from his outlandish wives and concubines of a thousand. Who knows! Did he repent eventually? We know God spoke to him, blessed him and even manifested His glory through this king. What's your take?
NB: Only Bible scholars and theologians should comment. It is a sensitive topic, and I don't want any jokes or unsavoury opinions on spiritual matters.

@moderators
No one of those you mentioned knows for sure. All we know is the same that you read in the book...that he abandoned God and died in his sin.

Since eternal life was not part of the old covenant agreement, nobody knows.
Re: Did King Solomon Make Heaven? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:54pm On Jul 17, 2020
Kobojunkie:
No one of those you mentioned knows for sure. All we know is the same that you read in the book...that he abandoned God and died in his sin.

Since eternal life was not part of the old covenant agreement, nobody knows.

I am 100% Sure, BUT I CAN NOT PROVE BEYOND WHAT I HAVE SAID, TO ANYBODY Else.

My Sureness is Not Law, and of course it is Nobody else's Sureness, BUT Mine, Alone!

1 Like

Re: Did King Solomon Make Heaven? by Daejoyoung: 5:50pm On Jul 17, 2020
The bible did not promise a so called heaven in the sky. The bible speaks about a resurrection and the righteous inheriting the earth. Did the old testament also tell us if David or Abraham made heaven? I don't think it did. That's because the Christian notion of going to heaven is an evolved doctrine. What the people of the bible looked forward to was the "resurrection" with new bodies, living in new jerusalem ( the land flowing with milk and honey).

So in that sense, neither Solomon, David, Abraham, etc made heaven, from my understanding of the bible though, and yes I could be wrong or right, it's open for discussion.
Re: Did King Solomon Make Heaven? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:59pm On Jul 17, 2020
Daejoyoung:
The bible did not promise a so called heaven in the sky. The bible speaks about a resurrection and the righteous inheriting the earth. Did the old testament also tell us if David or Abraham made heaven? I don't think it did. That's because the Christian notion of going to heaven is an evolved doctrine. What the people of the bible looked forward to was the "resurrection" with new bodies, living in new jerusalem ( the land flowing with milk and honey).

So in that sense, neither Solomon, David, Abraham, etc made heaven, from my understanding of the bible though, and yes I could be wrong or right, it's open for discussion.

I believe you are right which is why my present Stand is to "Enter the Rest of the Lord" or in the alternative, I would have said "Enter into the Kingdom of God".

But we understand that this Case is about Rising up to the Resurrection of Life and not death!
Re: Did King Solomon Make Heaven? by uracefriend(m): 6:06pm On Jul 17, 2020
We cannot go by assumption. Someone said something key here. The Bible must record that he repented if he did. All we know is that he turned back from following God, which grieved God. Has nobody noticed the number 666 is used twice for both the antichrist and Solomon. The Bible gives us clues sometimes when something isn't expressly stated.
May God help us. Life is all about our devotion to God first, and then humanity. Eternal life should never be gambled or negotiated for any basis whatsoever.
Re: Did King Solomon Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 6:16pm On Jul 17, 2020
Daejoyoung:

Jesus Christ, the New Covenant, is explicit about the promise of a Kingdom of Heaven. Beginning in Matthew 5, He makes clear through the details of the blessings of the Covenant that indeed Heaven is a destination for a select.

In Matthew 6, i believe, He continues by explicitly commanding that all His followers seek First the Kingdom of Heaven, and God's righteousness...

In Matthew 25, He reiterates that only a select will indeed enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.
Jesus Christ also provides at least 10 parables about said Kingdom of Heaven, and even states that only those who become like children will indeed enter into the Kingdom of God.

Just as the disciples were able to learn of there acceptance into the Kingdom while they were yet alive, i believe everyone who is chosen will know even while they yet live that indeed the Kingdom awaits them after they close their eyes for the last time here on earth.

The old Covenant did not offer each individual israelite eternal life, not did it come with a promise of everlasting life for each of the children of Israel. So it cannot be compared to the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ, and so cannot be used as a valid argument against all that Jesus Christ said about the Kingdom of God being a destination and not a state of mind(rest).
Re: Did King Solomon Make Heaven? by truespeak: 6:20pm On Jul 17, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

I believe you are right which is why my present Stand is to "Enter the Rest of the Lord" or in the alternative, I would have said "Enter into the Kingdom of God".

But we understand that this Case is about Rising up to the Resurrection of Life and not death!

My words exactly!
Re: Did King Solomon Make Heaven? by Daejoyoung: 7:30pm On Jul 17, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Jesus Christ, the New Covenant, is explicit about the promise of a Kingdom of Heaven. Beginning in Matthew 5, He makes clear through the details of the blessings of the Covenant that indeed Heaven is a destination for a select.

In Matthew 6, i believe, He continues by explicitly commanding that all His followers seek First the Kingdom of Heaven, and God's righteousness...

In Matthew 25, He reiterates that only a select will indeed enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.
Jesus Christ also provides at least 10 parables about said Kingdom of Heaven, and even states that only those who become like children will indeed enter into the Kingdom of God.

Just as the disciples were able to learn of there acceptance into the Kingdom while they were yet alive, i believe everyone who is chosen will know even while they yet live that indeed the Kingdom awaits them after they close their eyes for the last time here on earth.

The old Covenant did not offer each individual israelite eternal life, not did it come with a promise of everlasting life for each of the children of Israel. So it cannot be compared to the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ, and so cannot be used as a valid argument against all that Jesus Christ said about the Kingdom of God being a destination and not a state of mind(rest).
Well the kingdom jesus spoke about is not a spiritual place above the skies, it is a kingdom that would be here on earth but given from above. The kingdom of God simply means the rule of God. That rule is to be here on earth, the kingdom would accompany the resurrection of dead bodies, where the righteous rule with christ and reign. Jesus taught us to live our lives as though the kingdom has already begun with us here on earth.
All his parables were about that physical kingdom that was to be given from above, not established by the hands of men. This is in sync with the old testament promise also.

1 Like

Re: Did King Solomon Make Heaven? by dontrulee: 8:44pm On Jul 17, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:
Finally, someone Asks!

No, he did not enter into God's Peaceful and Sweet Rest, like his father David!

He butt himself out by his foolishness!

By his foolishness you say?
is Solomon not the wisest man ever to be?
if Solomon is considered foolish in your sight, then how great must be your foolishness??
Think about it!
Re: Did King Solomon Make Heaven? by dontrulee: 8:49pm On Jul 17, 2020
uracefriend:

@moderators

Everyone in the old testament will most likely be in paradise not heaven. No human is in heaven yet, but a lot of people are in paradise.
Jesus preached to all the spirits in prison, and majority if not all of them will definitely accept. so Jezebel, Pharoah and the likes will most likely be in Paradise according to the scriptures.
Re: Did King Solomon Make Heaven? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:03pm On Jul 17, 2020
dontrulee:

By his foolishness you say?
is Solomon not the wisest man ever to be?
if Solomon is considered foolish in your sight, then how great must be your foolishness??
Think about it!

First, He was not the wisest man!

Secondly, where he had wisdom, he lost it!

And thirdly, if you are a fool, you are a fool for thyself; and if I be wise, I be wise for myself!
Re: Did King Solomon Make Heaven? by dontrulee: 9:08pm On Jul 17, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

First, He was not the wisest man!

Secondly, where he had wisdom, he lost it!

And thirdly, if you are a fool, you are a fool for thyself; and if I be wise, I be wise for myself!

Lol, each to his own believe!
it is well with you, wise man!
Re: Did King Solomon Make Heaven? by LordYahweh(m): 9:11pm On Jul 17, 2020
No he didnt, I know that cause I'm there right now.
Re: Did King Solomon Make Heaven? by Eyinjuoluwanimi: 9:34pm On Jul 17, 2020
Hmm it deep bro... It only God that know that....
Re: Did King Solomon Make Heaven? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 17, 2020
Solomon was saved but he lost Israel which was the consequence of his sin.
Re: Did King Solomon Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 1:08am On Jul 18, 2020
solite3:
Solomon was saved but he lost Israel which was the consequence of his sin.
Do you have scriptural reference for this claim of yours that he, Solomon, was saved? undecided
Re: Did King Solomon Make Heaven? by Napoleon55(m): 1:28am On Jul 18, 2020
YES,
EVEN ADAM,when Jesus resurrected from the the the death,He took all of them with Him.
Re: Did King Solomon Make Heaven? by Nephilim: 8:30am On Jul 18, 2020
Why not focus more on you making heaven than pokenosing in another man's matter.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bible Missionary Church / Pastor Vacates Church Because He Is Too Famous / The Rapture Of Abiding Saints In Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.