Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,140 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] (68969 Views)

More Remarkable Moments in The Wildlife [photos] / Baby killing and Cannibalism in the animal world. / Animal World: Surviving The Savannah And Jungle [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by smogup: 4:42pm On Jul 16, 2020
Toluobaeko11:
You see those Wild dogs, I fear them die. They're thugs, and they operate in unison and they're hard to defeat. They always chases Tigers, Lions, and Cheetahs away and collect their foods.
Chai! I love NAT GEO WILD��

I'm glad you said this.

Wild dogs have a higher success rate than any animal in the wild. They hunt in pack, they are very cooperative. They are a community of hunters.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by pocohantas(f): 4:43pm On Jul 16, 2020
Grandmeister:

Hyenas are Usually bold in front of female lions...but when the male heavyweights step into the scene they flee.

Hyenas are bold in front of every LONE lion(ess).

A cackle of hyena would comfortably take down any lone lion(ess) and would back off if any other lion(ess) steps into the scene.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by Zimri(m): 4:43pm On Jul 16, 2020
Grandmeister:

That’s not a croc but a cayman.

THANKS! I'LL FIX THAT
Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by pocohantas(f): 4:44pm On Jul 16, 2020
BraniacX:
that isn't a wild pride, they look domesticated. There are no albino lions in the wild anymore

He would swear with his manhood that they are not domesticated and they only accepted him as one of the pride. grin

3 Likes

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by Zimri(m): 4:45pm On Jul 16, 2020
Albert0011:
Wrong Jaguar hunting a cayman

ALRIGHT SIR. THANK YOU I'LL FIX THAT
Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by Okiibe(m): 4:46pm On Jul 16, 2020
Zimri:
LOST BUT FOUND! MISSING LEG-HOOF grin grin

Zimri, you are so good in this.

Wow!

Keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by Grandmeister(m): 4:46pm On Jul 16, 2020
Zimri:
SPEED IS VERY IMPORTANT HERE
That zebra is gone..wild dogs are renowned marathon runners, they will tag along that zebra till it loses steam and slows down completely due to exhaustion.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by Okiibe(m): 4:48pm On Jul 16, 2020
Zimri:

Well... Could hardly differentiate. Sorry about that

Please, I have been uncomfortable since I heard of the clam that male Lion does not hunt, but the Lionness does the hunting.

Is that claim true?

1 Like

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by BENEAMATA: 4:48pm On Jul 16, 2020
Zimri:
G.O.A.T
cc LM10 , CR7

1 Like

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by zikter(m): 4:48pm On Jul 16, 2020
atheistandproud:

Looks more like a Caiman than a Crocodile.
Men, those jaguars are bad as when it comes to hunting crocs. I am always amazed watching them on National Geographic Wild. With all the expertise of crocs in water, Jaguars plunge and neatly pick them out.

9 Likes

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by Grandmeister(m): 4:49pm On Jul 16, 2020
Zimri:
I WOULDN'T TELL IF THIS ENDED WELL.
It’s a pangolin..it will roll into a ball and hide it’s vulnerable underneath..dint think it’s on those lions menu..unless they’re are dead starving.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by Okiibe(m): 4:49pm On Jul 16, 2020
zikter:
Men, those jaguars are bad as when it comes to hunting crocs. I am always amazed watching them on National Geographic Wild. With all the expertise of crocs in water, Jaguars plunge and neatly pick them out.

Truely amazing

2 Likes

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by iamyemiakins(m): 4:50pm On Jul 16, 2020
I like this thread.
Nice one OP

1 Like

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by Orpe7(m): 4:51pm On Jul 16, 2020
Zimri:
IT WILL BE PAINLESS I ASSURE YOU angry

Lion wan knack akpako dey wild boar ni

1 Like

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by Grandmeister(m): 4:53pm On Jul 16, 2020
UDUJ:
I read that of all the predators the wild dogs are the most vicious and successful when it comes to hunting prey. Something about pack strength. Damn
That’s because when they single out a prey they will run it into exhaustion, unlike other predators that can only maintain high speeds for short distances....these ones will just keep on your heels till you drop and surrender to their teeth..and they will eat you while alive! Unlike lions that will mercifully crush your throat before feasting.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 16, 2020
Zimri:
AFTER A HARD HUNT AND EXHAUSTED.
This looks like scar from simba the lion king

2 Likes

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by BBright1: 4:55pm On Jul 16, 2020
Zimri:
ADORABLE
cartoon pic
Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by Esanboy111(m): 4:56pm On Jul 16, 2020
Only one animal kill snakes with ease and the name of that animal is Goose...

4 Likes

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by Grandmeister(m): 4:56pm On Jul 16, 2020
pocohantas:

Hyenas are bold in front of every LONE lion(ess).

A cackle of hyena would comfortably take down any lone lion(ess) and would back off if any other lion(ess) steps into the scene.
Nope..I’ve seen hyenas bullying about 3-4 lionesses until a male shows up..they caught his scent and took to their heels..he killed one for good measure too.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 16, 2020
I love wildlife too, It reminds me of God's greatness.
Jesus is saviour

1 Like

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by Blankstare(m): 4:58pm On Jul 16, 2020
IamLEGEND1:

it's a Tiger snake.
They're known for being both venomous and poisonous.

Curious! What's the difference of the two words?

3 Likes

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by achierosion(m): 4:58pm On Jul 16, 2020
I want to take a selfy with that black car.

*In a Nigerian movie oooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by spencekat(m): 4:59pm On Jul 16, 2020
atheistandproud:
I miss Nat Geo.

The Okavango Delta, a place of many teeth.

[/b]Big cat week.[b]

Damn embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Plus snakes in the city.

1 Like

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by SlayerForever: 5:00pm On Jul 16, 2020
I didn't realize wild dogs are this formidable.

9 Likes

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by SaintBeehot(m): 5:01pm On Jul 16, 2020
Zimri:
I WOULDN'T TELL IF THIS ENDED WELL.
who won bro
Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by BBright1: 5:01pm On Jul 16, 2020
HITsquad:
The Pack of dogs attacking a lion got me! The KING OF THE JUNGLE at that!

It shows togetherness is strength.

Even a herd of goat can scare the shit out of a lion if they could stick together and face him... The only reason lions succeed in killing those pests is that they always run off and scattered individually when they Sense a prediator!

This is a life lesson, grab it people...
true

2 Likes

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by UDUJ(m): 5:02pm On Jul 16, 2020
Grandmeister:

That’s because when they single out a prey they will run it into exhaustion, unlike other predators that can only maintain high speeds for short distances....these ones will just keep on your heels till you drop and surrender to their teeth..and they will eat you while alive! Unlike lions that will mercifully crush your throat before feasting.

Thanks for this info. I am on the net reading up everything about the wild dogs now. They sound fascinating smiley

2 Likes

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by pocohantas(f): 5:03pm On Jul 16, 2020
Grandmeister:

Nope..I’ve seen hyenas bullying about 3-4 lionesses until a male shows up..they caught his scent and took to their heels..he killed one for good measure too.

Increase the ratios and hyenas would bully any lion bullyable. Hyenas are ferocious. They hate lions and lions hate them too. Be it lion or lioness, if they have the number advantage, they will KILL!! I have also seen them chase off lions from their kill. All they need is an overwhelming number advantage. This is not to take anything off the lion, but on their own they ain’t shit.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by longetivity(m): 5:04pm On Jul 16, 2020
wow!!!

1 Like

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 16, 2020
zikter:
pound for pound jaguar has the highest bite force of all cats plus they are very agile.
It is well know that Jaguars specializes in biting through the skull of its prey rather than going for the jugular unlike other cats.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by vheckthor1: 5:05pm On Jul 16, 2020
I love wild life, when I have money I would love to visit all this wild life reserves and probably tag along a Nat Geo wild crew in the Serengeti of Namibia Desert

6 Likes

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by Feraz(m): 5:05pm On Jul 16, 2020
Grandmeister:

Very true. Useless animals but successful hunters as small as they are. Hate that they feast while the animal is alive. grin

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

You Can Now Check Your Jamb Exam Centre / 20 Nigerian Students Of Brampton Manor Academy Break Into Best UK Universities / List Of JAMB Cut-Off Marks For All Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.