Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,501 members, 7,808,848 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

What Is In His Name, Anyway? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is In His Name, Anyway? (211 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is In His Name, Anyway? by elated177: 1:24pm On Jul 16, 2020
El Elohe Yahshrael!

John 17:11-12 I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Set-apart Father, protect them by the power of your name - the name you gave me - so that they may be one as we are one. While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled.

Our Father in heaven has a name. He gave this name to His Son. So, the Father and his Son have the same name. It is actually simple to understand. Plain and simple to those who want to accept the Truth and not traditions. Traditions and commandments of men are broken cisterns and cannot hold water. (Jer 2:13).

The name of YHVH defines him - tells us who He is. It defines his Son, Yahushua the Messiah, why he came and why he had to come to this world in the flesh. Our Father in heaven is Salvation - our salvation. Without him, we are doomed. After all, in him we live and move and have our being. (Acts 17:28; Eph 3:14, 15).

YHVH is salvation---Yahushua. Accept it, reject it, the Truth remains - for it what it is - it will never change. So, the saints who are proclaiming the name of our Father in heaven will neither stop nor change.

El Elohe Yahshrael! Hallelu Yah!
Re: What Is In His Name, Anyway? by WakeNbaked: 1:25pm On Jul 16, 2020
So if I no call am by that name him no go answer?
Re: What Is In His Name, Anyway? by elated177: 5:47pm On Jul 16, 2020
El Elohe Yahshrael!

There is no physical man-made temple today where YHVH Almighty has put his name. The last temple that was erected on the particular point he chose was destroyed after the death and resurrection of Yahushua the Messiah. There is no longer any need for animal sacrifices or blood sacrifices since Yahushua the Messiah has fulfilled that once and for all. There is no longer any need for tithes also, since the era of the Levites is gone and the temple worship with it.

Today, we, the saints of YHVH Almighty, are all his priests and Yahushua the Messiah is our High Priest. We are to present ourselves as living sacrifices to the Father through our High Priest, Yahushua the Messiah. We do not offer tithes or offering in the sense of giving money, rather we offer the fruit of our lips and give to those in need. There is not really benchmark as to how a saint should give to those in need. Such saint is led by the Spirit and will do exactly what the Spirit commands. Giving generously is encouraged by both the Messiah and the disciples.

Any one advocating tithes today, after the death and resurrection of Yahushua the Messiah, is actually saying that the old order of priesthood still stands. Such person is saying that there is a human high priest. To such individual, Yahushua the Messiah does not exist or has not come at all. To such an individual, the essence of the death and resurrection of Yahushua the Messiah is of no importance.

The Levitical priesthood is gone and with it the roles the Levites played and temple worship.

Today, the saints are all priests of the Father in heaven and Yahushua the Messiah is our High Priest. We are the temples of YHVH Almighty where he and his Son, Yahushua the Messiah, live. Obedience to his Commandments is what we offer.

We are to give generously to those in need.

Just as our brother, John the Baptist, stated here:

Luke 3: 8 Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. And do not begin to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ For I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham. 9 The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.” 10 “What should we do then?” the crowd asked. 11 John answered, “Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.” 12 Even tax collectors came to be baptized. “Teacher,” they asked, “what should we do?” 13 “Don’t collect any more than you are required to,” he told them. 14 Then some soldiers asked him, “And what should we do?” He replied, “Don’t extort money and don’t accuse people falsely—be content with your pay.”

No where did he mention tithes. He understood what was about to set in.

Like I stated earlier, this kind of message is not for everyone. It elicits only anger and hatred in some people. However, those who will accept it will accept it.

El Elohe Yahshrael! Hallelu Yah!
Re: What Is In His Name, Anyway? by elated177: 1:20am On Jul 24, 2020
Psalms 148: 13 Let them praise the name of the Lord,     for his name alone is exalted;     his splendor is above the earth and the heavens.
Re: What Is In His Name, Anyway? by elated177: 6:42pm On Aug 09, 2021
El Elohe Yahshrael!

(1) (Reply)

You / Who Is Jesus Christ (A Short Biography) / What Matters To Martha Does Not Really Matter!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.