Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,085 members, 7,807,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? (7119 Views)

1984 Letter 4rm Buhari 2 UK PM Margaret Thatcher Shows PMB Hates Corruption(pics / Senate Gives Buhari 2-week Ultimatum To End Fuel Scarcity / Describe Buhari's 2 Months Presidency ... In One Word Or Phrase!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by ddcmachine: 3:04pm On Feb 05, 2011
Much has been said of Gen. Buhari on how he fought corruption and enforced discipline in nigeria during his 2.5 yr reign as head of state. Some give the attribute to Idiagbon while others to buhari. What were Gen. Buhari's other achievements for posterity in nigeria during his 2.5yr reign as nigeria's HOS?
Re: What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by Kobojunkie: 3:22pm On Feb 05, 2011
You are best asking your parents! undecided
Re: What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by meine: 3:27pm On Feb 05, 2011
shocked shocked shocked

You need to dust your history books, why do you think he is such a force?
Re: What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by ddcmachine: 3:31pm On Feb 05, 2011
Pls i just want us to knw. I mean what u knw and see was/were his achievement
Re: What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by Kobojunkie: 3:33pm On Feb 05, 2011
^^^ Ask your parents!
Re: What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by MaJBlige(f): 3:38pm On Feb 05, 2011
Poster

You wonder why they cant answer?

Because there were or was none.

Apart from draconian laws, surpressing freedom of the press, death penalties, religious bigotry - no wonder he was removed while his VP was far away in Mecca.

WAI - which bragged about how Nigerians are indisciplined.

The government received an applause because it threw away the Shagari politicians, and for two years, the government was busy prosecuting the governors and ministers while allowing IBB/Abacha to plan against them and over threw them before they can open their eyes.
Re: What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by Mobinga: 3:39pm On Feb 05, 2011
What if he's an orphan? smh. If you aint got no reasonable input keep off. angry
Re: What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by Kobojunkie: 3:43pm On Feb 05, 2011
Kobojunkie:

You are best asking your parents! undecided
Re: What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Feb 05, 2011
Poster you have internet access, so I suggest you use it.

Try starting here

www.thenationonlineng.net/web3/editorial/opinion/22770.html

from there do more research.

I suspect this thread was a lure to beat down whatever anyone brought up as a positive for Buhari, so i'll tell you one thing "if you want to destroy someone you must not be afraid to be his friend".
Re: What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by ddcmachine: 3:54pm On Feb 05, 2011
I'm not moved by kobo's posts due to her user name. For her (kobo) i'm parentless
Re: What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by MaJBlige(f): 4:01pm On Feb 05, 2011
DDC

You are too funny.

LOL.
Re: What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by Kobojunkie: 4:01pm On Feb 05, 2011
ddc machine:

I'm not moved by kobo's posts due to her user name. For her (kobo) i'm parentless

Believe me, you are not the first to pull the same useless to deflect from the obvious. Worry more about your own username instead but do not deviate from the issue here.

Find elders who actually lived through those 20 months to educate you. We have had too many threads already attempting to tell this same story.

By the way, your first mistake is assuming it was for 2.5 years. Notice I keep pointing out that it was for 20 months? December 31, 1983 – August 27, 1985.

Also,It is about 10 minutes to election time. If you really want to know what was achieved, you are best asking those who lived it and were affected in one way or another and that would be majority of Nigerians who lived during those years.
Re: What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by MaJBlige(f): 4:05pm On Feb 05, 2011
DDC

Dont worry, keep asking. We will answer. We dont have to refer you to home. Thats very bad.
Re: What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by ddcmachine: 4:50pm On Feb 05, 2011
@ kobo, u and i now have the opportunity to enlighten each other. i mean, do u knw if frm here u can win a vote for buhari?
Re: What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by Kobojunkie: 5:01pm On Feb 05, 2011
Again, I am more concerned about you getting educated on the real history of your country. You can vote for the devil if you want, I don't care. Just learn a bit more of the TRUTH before you go out rambling on issues you are obviously not that clued into.

Kobojunkie:

Believe me, you are not the first to pull the same useless to deflect from the obvious. Worry more about your own username instead but do not deviate from the issue here.

Find elders who actually lived through those 20 months to educate you. We have had too many threads already attempting to tell this same story.

By the way, your first mistake is assuming it was for 2.5 years. Notice I keep pointing out that it was for 20 months? December 31, 1983 – August 27, 1985.

Also,It is about 10 minutes to election time. If you really want to know what was achieved, you are best asking those who lived it and were affected in one way or another and that would be majority of Nigerians who lived during those years.

Re: What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by ahidjo: 5:04pm On Feb 05, 2011
[size=18pt]PURE IGNORANCE: Buhari did not rule for 2.5years. He was there January 1984 (Coup was December 31, 1983) to August 1985. About 1.6 years (close to how long GEJ has been in power). There was discipline in Nigeria. Essential commodities were available to those that needed them. There was focus. No extravagance unlike GEJ[/size]
Re: What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by MaJBlige(f): 5:17pm On Feb 05, 2011
GEJ had been in power for 1.6 years and he hasnt made any difference!

I laugh!

Too many bullies on Nairaland- are they frustrated that they pour their anger on anyone and everyone?

Simple- No, you are wrong- he ruled for 1.6 years.

Whats the reason for all these tirade against someone trying to seek answers?

Na wa for frustrated people o.
Re: What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by seanet02: 5:28pm On Feb 05, 2011
I will pray to God to guide me on who to vote for between Ribadu and Buhari. So help Me God
Re: What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by ddcmachine: 5:29pm On Feb 05, 2011
@ Ahidjo and kobo i dn't think u experienced buhari's admin, u were only told in ur history book that tell lies of about or there about. kobo says 20mnths, ahidjo says 18mnths, or are u refering to different individuals?
Re: What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by Afam4eva(m): 5:32pm On Feb 05, 2011
Someone asked a simple question instead of you to answer his questions you're calling him names. Could it be that Buhari didn't do nothing when he was head of state?
Re: What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by Kobojunkie: 5:33pm On Feb 05, 2011
ddc machine:

@ Ahidjo and kobo i dn't think u experienced buhari's admin, u were only told in your history book that tell lies of about or there about. kobo says 20mnths, ahidjo says 18mnths, or are u refering to different individuals?

I see maths is another area of issue there. OK . . .  I gave you the dates, you count yourself. undecided

Again, notice how I have myself not attempted to answer your question but simply pointed you to people who can best do that for you -- people who have not read history books(as I already suspected you are not interested in the 360 of what happened in those months) that, according to you, tell lies.
Re: What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by SapeleGuy: 5:43pm On Feb 05, 2011
DDC the sum total of Buhari's achievements whilst he was Dictator General in Nigeria is 0, Zero, Nothing, Akpoka.
Re: What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by MaJBlige(f): 5:45pm On Feb 05, 2011
lol
Re: What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by doyin13(m): 6:04pm On Feb 05, 2011
lol. . . I guess he never put almajiris in classrooms or created a direct route from the US to Nigeria.

I guess we should define it by what wasn't there at the time. The killings up North, the injudicious spending or the generally pervasive sense of insecurity. But most tellingly, there was no sense of aimlessness. You could actually tell someone was in charge.

Right now. . . .that would do me good. Some direction, some sense of security so that if I take my money or life to Naija, I will have a good chance of getting back in one piece and if a contract is broken, there is a system that might help me recover my hard earned wealth.

That would do for a start.
Re: What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by ddcmachine: 6:18pm On Feb 05, 2011
Dn't 4get that our past leaders are the cause of our problem, buhari being part of
Re: What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by MaJBlige(f): 6:25pm On Feb 05, 2011
^^^

very correct.
Re: What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by doyin13(m): 6:33pm On Feb 05, 2011
ddc machine:

Dn't 4get that our past leaders are the cause of our problem, buhari being part of

You do have a point. Part of the old order and all that he is.

And I would really like to hear more about his opinion on the other matters of state.

But wetin man go do. . . .We do need someone a bit more forthright though. Someone who has gone against
the grain.

Ribadu perhaps. . . .
Re: What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by udezue(m): 6:42pm On Feb 05, 2011
Nothing
Re: What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by maga1: 7:50pm On Feb 05, 2011
Useless folks tryin 2 make it look like Buhari didnt do anything. I want y'all to know dat corruption is the greatest hindrance to development. It takes time to fight this big monster but Buhari was able to tame this monster.
1. He reduced the rate at which people loot the country's money to the barest minimum to the extent that when u loot & fly abroad, the boys are ever ready to go package u back home 2 face ur crimes.
2. It was during buharis regime that people started learning how to make queues at public places that requires it and also people were made to clean their environment regularly (discipline).
3. Why the common naijan felt his regime soo much was that there was a functioning price regulatory body that made sure the prices of goods are not increased uneccesarily. That way, the price of goods was stable.
4. There was absolute security of lives & property. These are to mention but few and they are the key ingredient for a developing/~ed economy. By then naija was getting set to explore its full potentials not until that devil (ibb) came into the picture.
Re: What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by Mobinga: 8:03pm On Feb 05, 2011
Kobojunkie:

What's the pointless verbiage for?
He asked a question and you're giving us a modicum of sense from such a verbose note. Shame.
Re: What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by Kobojunkie: 8:14pm On Feb 05, 2011
^^^ If you have THE answers, give it, else SHOVE IT !! Cause honestly, I don't see the need for your contribution so far either. At least I point to where the answers are  . . . lol
Re: What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? by MaJBlige(f): 9:04pm On Feb 05, 2011
maga1:

Useless folks tryin 2 make it look like Buhari didnt do anything. I want y'all to know dat corruption is the greatest hindrance to development. It takes time to fight this big monster but Buhari was able to tame this monster.
1. He reduced the rate at which people loot the country's money to the barest minimum to the extent that when u loot & fly abroad, the boys are ever ready to go package u back home 2 face your crimes.
2. It was during buharis regime that people started learning how to make queues at public places that requires it and also people were made to clean their environment regularly (discipline).
3. Why the common naijan felt his regime soo much was that there was a functioning price regulatory body that made sure the prices of  goods are not increased uneccesarily. That way, the price of goods was stable.
4. There was absolute security of lives & property. These are to mention but few and they are the key ingredient for a developing/~ed economy. By then naija was getting set to explore its full potentials not until that devil (ibb) came into the picture.

1 - how?

2 - queue up? even a 2 year old in the western world knows he/she has to do this without being told.

3 - really. example?

4. u sure?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Delta Govt Votes ₦7.4bn To Demolish Hills Around Airport In 10 Days / Agbara's Mega Ceramic Factory To Start Operating From Dec 10 / Buhari Issues Strong Warning To Adeboye, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.