Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,838 members, 7,802,683 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. (72784 Views)

Bet9ja Has Crashed!? / Mikel Obi: Egypt Is Where I Started & Finished My National Career / Bet9ja Has Stolen From Me, Please Help Me!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by Evidence1000(m): 7:35pm On Jul 16, 2020
My name is David. I'm a 24 year old young man. I'm in my final year in one of the universities in the south west.
I'm addicted to gambling. Like, I can't just help it.

The craze for this thing started sometime last year. It has eaten deep into me that it now dictates my mood. The only time I can be genuinely happy is when I win money from bet9ja virtual. If I should loose, it makes me very sad to the extent that I see myself as a useless person.

I've gone to the extent of using my school fees to play virtual and that of my course mate that trusted me so much. Though, I was able to pay my course mate's fees without her knowing the truth, I'm unable to pay mine till now. I always have this mentality that I will win.

Whenever money enters my hand like this, no matter how little, it is to head straight to Bet9ja shop or online. The urge is usually very strong. Sometimes, it seems like there's a force pushing me to do it.
Before this lock down, I accumulated a debt of over a hundred thousand naira in a Bet9ja shop in my school environment which I'm unable to pay till now.
I know the owner of the shop would be waiting to pick me up with police when I resume. I don't know what to do.

I need help badly. I've prayed to God severally but it's as if nothing is happening. I've even promised God not to play Bet9ja again but I keep on seeing myself still playing it.

Right now as I'm typing this, I just came from a Bet9ja shop where I lost money. Money that is not even my own. Sometimes, I feel like taking my life so that everything will just end but if I remember the pain it would cause my mother, I'll just hold back.

Please for the people that were once addicted to gambling, how did you stop it? Is there any remedy for it because I'm in need of it badly?

I can't sleep at night anymore because I'm always thinking of debts that I've accumulated which has run into over 300,000. All thanks to Bet9ja virtual.

Someone advised me to get a job that would keep me busy so that I won't have time to play virtual but there are no jobs. I don't mind doing any, even if it is a menial job till school resumes.

Please I need your advice. Feel free to bash me because I deserve more than that even.

Please I'd appreciate if you can move this to front page.

101 Likes 15 Shares

Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by Totoscatter212: 7:37pm On Jul 16, 2020
17 year old boy who won millions in bet9ja is now building house its indeed a game of luck

251 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by foxxydude: 7:44pm On Jul 16, 2020
Find something doing to help you finance your addiction
Probably one day mother luck will pick your call
Or look for another habit to start

84 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by Razzness(m): 7:52pm On Jul 16, 2020
Imagine, at 24 you are already thinking about taking your own life due to gambling. If this is not a wake up call for u, i don't know what is. Trace ur steps and redeem urself.

182 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by donbachi(m): 7:53pm On Jul 16, 2020
Keep playing oo..no woman dey no pregnancy wey dey born king.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by EngrMarve(m): 7:55pm On Jul 16, 2020
Gambling is addictive, if you can't control yourself then channel that energy to forex trading.

By the way there's difference between gambling and soccer trading.
Gambling is an act of foolishness and greed.

For me, legit hustle is all I do.

Disclaimer:

Disregard my advice on forex trading.

Just learn programming and channel your addiction to it.

174 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by GboyegaD(m): 8:01pm On Jul 16, 2020
Good you know the beginning of your challenges. Try to engage yourself on other things to take your mind away from betting.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:07pm On Jul 16, 2020
p0rn/masturbation, drugs, gambling and junk food are addiction that are not easy to get rid of, unless you have a strong will and desire to do so. sadly, it looks like only when that dude you owe money will catch you (and severly deal with you) that you will hopefully understand that betting is rubbish. until then, no matter what we tell you, you will continue gambling

157 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 16, 2020
undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by chinchonglee(m): 8:12pm On Jul 16, 2020
ChildofDoom come and advice this guy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by Kyrx(m): 8:14pm On Jul 16, 2020
Totoscatter212:
17 year old boy who won millions in bet9ja is now building house its indeed a game of luck

You're wicked oo, someone is already this low as a result of gambling, and you still dey encourage am, nothing is assured in gambling, but assurance dey for better hustling.

@Poster

You're already addicted to this, and honestly, you're the only one that can get yourself outta the mess, as schools never resume now, go dey learn one work/skill, either informal or digital one.

Lastly ba, I get one solution wey dey work Wella, genuinely make an oath with whatever you serves, and place a DEEP curse on yourself should you returned to gambling. It will restrict you till your mind is totally free of it.

107 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by IMASTEX: 8:22pm On Jul 16, 2020
Your help has come already, the moment you have realised that betting has finished your life. Try to keep reminding yourself of that, see how you begin to hate it.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by flexyrule(m): 8:22pm On Jul 16, 2020
Why won't bet ruin you... When you want to use N100 to ruin the company.
I know very disciplined people who are "investing" in soccer and are cashing out on a daily basis big time..
Anyway.. Get help from these sites...

https://www.gamblingtherapy.org/en
https://www.begambleaware.org/
https://www.gamcare.org.uk/

If you are looking for help, advice or support in relation to your gambling, please go to: BeGambleAware.org or contact the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by realestniggah: 8:22pm On Jul 16, 2020
Lol.. Go back to your village where there is no bet naija shop and stay there for one year, that the only solution I see for you

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by Goldenkrezi: 8:22pm On Jul 16, 2020
Pls don't succumb to any suicidal thoughts or the likes.... there is always a chance of redemption..

It's not late yet... u just have to retrace ur steps and channel the energy used in gambling to something worth fulfiling..

How I fought this addiction was by giving myself a stipulated time....say urs for instance one month(within this one month try as much as possible to resist the urge of relapsing to gambling here)....Just map out time u wantu start with....u can start with 2 weeks...trust me it's worth trying... Remember it won't be easy,just get ur mind fixed..
U shall pass this.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by NigeriaB(m): 8:22pm On Jul 16, 2020
Please I recommend that you see a psychiatrist as soon as possible.

No joke please, I'm for real.

You will be fine! Please see a psychiatric doctor, please

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by ogwoliun: 8:22pm On Jul 16, 2020
I was like you before but that is history now. Virtual bet must put you for problem wey be say e go better make you die, na that time you go fit quit. I was play virtual for fun then, before I knew it e don turn everyday matter, even in my dreams I still the play an. But on July 14th 2018, I played from morning till 3pm I no win anything even to win 2 odd that day was impossible. The three cashiers refused to play for me even the manager was not happy about it because he is my friend. After transferred the money I was owning to the manager, I said to him, this is my last day of playing virtual game. All of them were laughing at me that you will still come tomorrow as usual. I was left with 1k and is just 14th. The next day, I went there but did not play....up till now, the game dey like shit for me. I still go there to watch live matches, charge my phone, play the normal football bet. Most people don't believe that I have stopped it since 2yrs now. I don turn role model for my side now because na so den d ask me how I take do an. My observation is that, the virtual bet go leave you wen e go don put you for problem wey you no go fit comot, then your sense go come back to it normal position. I don see many business men wey virtual Don send go village or back to square one. If you are still playing, I use God beg you, quit now before it is too late. Don't say I wan collect my money wey den chop back, dash den that one and go because if you say you wan equalised, my brother na sorry go be your name. Make I stop here because virtual na EVIL!

211 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by DropsMic(m): 8:23pm On Jul 16, 2020
Sry mehn..

No matter what you do in this life try not to get addicted to anything... Addiction bad gan.. All addiction from weed, cigarette, alcohol to masturbation they are capable of destroying ones happiness.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by Openbusiness4: 8:23pm On Jul 16, 2020
grin
Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by osamz007: 8:23pm On Jul 16, 2020
BABA LIFE ITSELF NA RISK grin

COME COLLECT TWO SURE ODDS TOMORROW. BORROW 100K PLAY AM

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by DonPikko: 8:23pm On Jul 16, 2020
Get a good job, you won't think of bet at all. Unless you are cursed of course.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 16, 2020
Damnnnnn Niggar

You're not a real niggar

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by dimexy247(m): 8:23pm On Jul 16, 2020
Sorry

4 Likes

Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by Eriggs: 8:23pm On Jul 16, 2020
David, aka evidence1000,
it was sometimes ago that dem gave someone that created a thread just the same way you did a very good advice, talking about bet9ja about to ruin his life, just that his own case was worse more than ur own.
After some months, the boy came back to create another thread to thank dem MANNA for their wonderful advice, that he took all d advice step by steps and he was able to overcome the addiction of gambling, look for the thread or send them a pm, follow the advice by and change your life before betting ruins you.

ChildOfDoom:
I have seen over the years how people here have asked me to end my life and stop disturbing with my waywardness. It's true that people in a similar case as mine, would have long committed suicide.

I read a news of a guy who committed suicide after using 150,000 naira of his boss to play bet9ja. Hian! Considering the gravity of my betting addiction, I should have wasted my life, according to some people.

Only this year alone, I have gambled off 600,000 naira. You might think it's impossible considering I am a poor lowlife in a dormant city (Warri). Also, no money in this lockdown. For gambling, you work extra hard to make money or dupe people, just to foolishly gamble.

I have the brains to make money and live normal but my addictions get the best of me. I've resigned to fate of being unfortunate and doomed. You won't believe I have over 101,000 naira debt to pay my employer after using some WASSCE money to gamble (I will be his 'slave' when school resumes till I pay off). I made lots of money begging online during the lockdown. Don Jazzy gave me 50,000 naira. Helen Paul gave me 10,000 etc. The most traumatic experience was when I gambled off 250,000 naira central bank collateral-free loan given to ease the effect of the lockdown. Now, hunger has set in.

I am like a walking corpse. I am always sober, frustrated and depressed. I talk to myself. Always have nightmares due to my thoughts. At times, I scream or sob when I think of what I have done to myself. I blow the wall out of regrets. Unfortunately, we can't undo the past. Despite all these, I have 3 things to say to those who want me dead...
short of words shocked

13 Likes

Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by Dshocker(m): 8:23pm On Jul 16, 2020
loooooool..... Before God and man,bet9ja bas won me more than N20m since 2013,which i keep regretting till now.

Even today,Barcelona is about to cut my N49m ticket cry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by jtjohn(m): 8:23pm On Jul 16, 2020
free
Re: I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. by azimibraun: 8:23pm On Jul 16, 2020
Two of my guys na your colleagues.. Hehehehe You can never walk along as far as na Bet9ja

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo, His Son & Georgina Rodriguez Attend FIFA Football Awards / Mikel Obi Sucks His Russian Girlfriend's Face (Picture) / Lionel Messi Trolled For His New Looks After UCL Exit (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.