Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,000 members, 7,806,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? (9371 Views)

Deji Adeyanju: Atiku's Enugu Rally Looked Like A Naming Ceremony / Sanwo-Olu: Traffic Will Now Improve Around Allen Avenue, Maryland, Ikotun Axes / Sanwo-Olu Pulls Down Fela's Statue On Allen Avenue To Ease Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by RenaissanceGuy: 9:31am On Jul 17, 2020
Even Abuja is very undeveloped like it should. El Rufai did a lot to revolutionise the city, but since he left, everything has remained static.

I wonder what the people working at the city planning office do.

1 Like

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by obaaderemi: 9:58am On Jul 17, 2020
Rossikki:

You are truly sick, and a demented halfwit, to come here propagating discredited, demonic racist trash and quack racist theories.

Look, this is really easy. Why not just leave this place, you wretched animal, and move to the KKK and other neo-nazi websites who support your nastiness, and leave us NORMAL human beings alone?

We really have no type for your disgusting, repulsive type here. Go and hang out with those who think like you, the KKK and neo-nazi white supremacist gangs.

You can pay them personal visits as their smiley black slave and even suck their nuts.

You have NO BUSINESS on this forum, and certainly not on THIS thread.
These insults are too much. You can point out the flaws in the other guy's comments without telling him off.
Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:07am On Jul 17, 2020
samincredible44:
lagosians are dirty people,it won't work.

Don't blame lagosians, rather blame the gov't!

It's the job of gov'ts (both state and local) to build and maintain infrastructure, tidy the environment and enforce sanitation rules! Leave the overtaxed and overharrassed citizens out of it!
Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by obaaderemi: 10:09am On Jul 17, 2020
RenaissanceGuy:
Even Abuja is very undeveloped like it should. El Rufai did a lot to revolutionise the city, but since he left, everything has remained static.

I wonder what the people working at the city planning office do.
You'll be surprised to know that all our major cities and towns have formal plans that nobody follows. I live in Eleyele, Ibadan, in a neighborhood which has space for a park on the layout plan. But the space was later allocated to a commissioner who built a magnificent building on it.
Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 17, 2020
It will be sad if in the next decade,kenya,namibia,rwanda etc become more advanced than nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by RenaissanceGuy: 10:32am On Jul 17, 2020
obaaderemi:
You'll be surprised to know that all our major cities and towns have formal plans that nobody follows. I live in Eleyele, Ibadan, in a neighborhood which has space for a park on the layout plan. But the space was later allocated to a commissioner who built a magnificent building on it.
Yes man. It's simply lack of implementation and passion for the job.

1 Like

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by seanwilliam(m): 11:10am On Jul 17, 2020
NigeriaIsDoomed:
Bro sorry but that is the fact!
Nigeria, the most populous Black country in the world is in ruins.
The same oil that is a curse to Nigeria has transformed UAE, a desert into one of the most preferred destinations on earth.
Damnit! You can't flip through the National Dailies without being greeted by tales of corruption in the country amidst heavy infrastructural deficit.
Why would our rulers plunder the wealth of our countries with impunity and starve the continent of basic amenities if we are not cursed.
From Angola to Zambia is the same stories.
I would rather die than deny that the Black race is not cursed
I have come to the realisation that, the White, Arabs and Asians have a higher IQ than the Black hence we are backward and inferior to them. Fact!

Hey you are taking it too far but I got to agree that you are right .. it's the bitter truth honestly....watch out as they come to defend mediocrity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by seanwilliam(m): 11:23am On Jul 17, 2020
Rossikki:

I've been travelling since before you were born. Kindly drop the snide remarks. Who said (or cares about if) westerners go to Jamaica ''to visit Kingston'' and what has that got to do with the thrust of my post?

''Vienna city'' is a dull, antiquated place of medieval architecture that only a colonised African will value over modern, vibrant, colourful, bustling African cities like Nairobi.

Nairobi, Kenya

are you very very very sure this is Nairobi If yes, nigeria should cover her face
Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by Frenchkiss564: 11:38am On Jul 17, 2020
seanwilliam:
are you very very very sure this is Nairobi If yes, nigeria should cover her face

If you cum see Seychelles nko

There are better places like this all over black Africa.
Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 17, 2020
awgumayor:
Do not use Nigeria to condemn other black nations. Some cities in South Africa, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia can rival European and American cities. Nigeria is cursed with wicked leaders who hate to replicate what they see in foreign countries and the citizens are gullible and myopic who don't know what development is all about to demand for it. Some Nigerians get disappointed when they get to Nairobi or Harare because these places are by far better and more organized than their glorified Lagos, which to them is a mega city.
Gbam!
Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by Goke7: 12:51pm On Jul 17, 2020
seanwilliam:

Nothing special, Lagos and Abuja with very good photo shots have even better views.

We underrated ourselves too much. Our major problem is regular upgrade and maintenance of our structures.
Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by Goke7: 12:59pm On Jul 17, 2020
With all the magnificent structures some African cities are, none can rival Nigeria in terms of money and business. If we can reduce our partying and become more serious, no African country go get mouth. If our economy shut down today, even south Africa will feel it.

Common border shutdown, lots of African countries cried out. Nigeria is far better than what we Nigerians think. There is poverty in every nation but they all use media and pictures to deceive. Even lots of western nations benefit much from us. They day we get it right, Nigeria may have to give away lots of concessions to many African countries to survive cos most Africans and their businesses may have to migrate to Nigeria to keep going.
Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by obaaderemi: 1:43pm On Jul 17, 2020
Goke7:
With all the magnificent structures some African cities are, none can rival Nigeria in terms of money and business. If we can reduce our partying and become more serious, no African country go get mouth. If our economy shut down today, even south Africa will feel it.

Common border shutdown, lots of African countries cried out. Nigeria is far better than what we Nigerians think. There is poverty in every nation but they all use media and pictures to deceive. Even lots of western nations benefit much from us. They day we get it right, Nigeria may have to give away lots of concessions to many African countries to survive cos most Africans and their businesses may have to migrate to Nigeria to keep going.
I don't know why Nigerians find it difficult to appreciate their own country. The country has many problems but so do every other African country that many of these Nigerian youths ignorantly migrate to.

1 Like

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by Cjizzy(m): 4:55pm On Jul 17, 2020
obaaderemi:
I don't know why Nigerians find it difficult to appreciate their own country. The country has many problems but so do every other African country that many of these Nigerian youths ignorantly migrate to.
Nigeria is bad brother. This is not a thing of appreciating or not
Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by obaaderemi: 6:54pm On Jul 17, 2020
Cjizzy:
Nigeria is bad brother. This is not a thing of appreciating or not
Nigeria is still better than many other African countries.
There is a lot to appreciate in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by Raydos: 7:29pm On Jul 17, 2020
NigeriaIsDoomed:
Sorry the truth hurts bro! However, you have the prerogative to live in denial as a Black man while the truth stares you in the face.
Yelling racism just to appeal to the emotion of those who dwell in the dreamland does not change the reality.
Can you show me a single healthy Black nation on this planet? NO!
Black nations are characterized  by chaos, egoistic fulled wars, endemic corruption and economic collapse etc.
Is it not shameful that after independence, most of the Black countries exist at the mercy foreign aids to fund their budgets.
Tomorrow, we will board rickety boats to Europe enmasse, turn up where we are not wanted and are  treated like dogs.
Africa till this day, remains inarguably the poorest continent in the world, inspite of the vast natural resources she is endowed with.
Tell me what is your own definition of an accursed place.
Don't trigger off my resentment abeg abeg abeg....

I agree with everything this man said, You can attack him but it's just the plain truth!!

Black are cursed to be sincere!!

Even the dirty and ghetto parts in America are mostly dominated by blacks!!!

We need to do more!!, No successful black nation at all!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by Malawian(m): 8:03pm On Jul 17, 2020
E be like Lagos sun never shine on top your akpa head.
Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by awgumayor: 8:51pm On Jul 17, 2020
obaaderemi:
You and your likes are the reason Nigeria is in mess. As you have been accustomed to live like animals others are not. Appreciate darkness, rotten hospitals, bad roads? And your incompetent leaders who have been looting the country dry abi? Any day you step that filthy legs out of Nigeria to Namibia or South Africa you will curse all Nigerian leaders from, from Lord Frederick Lugard to President Mohammadu Buhari.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by awgumayor: 9:45pm On Jul 17, 2020
obaaderemi:
With our population and resources we shoud be the number one nation in Africa in terms of development. Our populations, resources and diversity should have been our advantages but they have become our liabilities. If our past leaders have managed our resources, populations and our diversity in a good way no African country can come close to Nigeria. The reason why we get disappointed with Nigeria whenever we enter countries like Botswana or Namibia is that these countries are too small in population and resources but they used the little they have to manage their little populations. Why can't Nigeria use the much she has to manage her big population. These countries beat Nigeria hand down in all indices of development. There is nothing to appreciate.
Let me give you an example why I get disappointed with Nigeria. When Nigeria loses to better football team like Brazilian or German teams we don't get much disappointed but when we loses to Africa teams we get angry and disappointed. Botswana, Namibia, South Africa , Seychelles beat Nigeria in development. Let's stop singing praises to our incompetent leaders and start demanding from them what we want and how we want it.

1 Like

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by oyatz(m): 11:46pm On Jul 17, 2020
One rich man amidst nine poor people will result in ten poor guys.

Lordswazz:

Even as this Enugu by Okpara Avenue from the above picture is looking modestly okay, do you see those guys with wheelbarrows vending fruits? Well, that's the problem. If any state government works hard enough to make any city almost at par with the Viennas and the Londons, how do you deal with the influx of the gazillions of poor people that will troop in from other poor states looking for economic opportunities by hawking, vending in wheelbarrows everywhere. Abi you wan prevent them from coming into the state? Even if they have valid certifications as bonafide citizens of Nigeria?

For me, i believe that if the poverty index of majority of the country's citizens is improved considerably (which is verrrry difficult but not impossible), and other states also improve in infrastructure and aesthetics, any attempt at one state or city alone in Nigeria urbanizing itself will experience so much influx of traffic from other states and cities that it will virtually ruin all its effort and bring you back to square one.
Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by Lordswazz(m): 11:58pm On Jul 17, 2020
oyatz:
One rich man amidst nine poor people will result in ten poor guys.

Exactly!
Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by Rossikk(m): 12:14am On Jul 18, 2020
awgumayor:
You and your likes are the reason Nigeria is in mess. As you have been accustomed to live like animals others are not. Appreciate darkness, rotten hospitals, bad roads? And your incompetent leaders who have been looting the country dry abi? Any day you step that filthy legs out of Nigeria to Namibia or South Africa you will curse all Nigerian leaders from, from Lord Frederick Lugard to President Mohammadu Buhari.

It is GROSSLY UNFAIR to compare Nigeria to South Africa or even Namibia.

Do you actually know the HISTORY of those countries in terms of modern development?

Do you have any clue when South Africa began to build up her infrastructure?

In the 1820s!!!

Do you know when NIGERIA began to build her infrastructure?

In the 1960s! After independence.

The ONLY reason South Africa is the most developed region of Africa today is that they had a 140 year head-start on the rest of black Africa.

How so?

Well, the colonialists who seized the country in the early 19th century simply used a substantial percentage (maybe 50%) of the export earnings to develop the country over time. Why? They saw it as their country, as it was a magnet for European settlement due to the temperate weather. So they didn't loot all the money and ship to Europe (just half).

So South Africa built her first power stations in the 1800s. Her first universities in the 1820s. (University of Cape Town was established in 1829). Her first engineering institutes in the 1800s etc etc.

Nigeria? Our first power plant, Kainji Dam, was commissioned in 1964 by the Balewa administration.

Our first university, Ibadan, was established in 1962. Prior to that it was a mere satellite college of some UK institution.

Look, by the 1940s, South Africa was more or less a developed nation. Nigeria was just a big bush in comparison. A place with naked children and illiterate, malnourished peasants. A colonially looted territory left with nothing at independence, and near-zero infrastructure. Our annual export earnings from cocoa, timber, palm oil, groundnuts, tin, rubber etc, all went to London - at least 95%, year in year out from 1897 to 1960. Similar thing happened in other black African colonial territories. Mass looting by colonialists.

THAT is your history. So to be COMPARING Nigeria, which is just a NEWCOMER in development, to South Africa or Namibia (smaller but with an identical developmental history to SA) is grossly irresponsible.

It's like you have a race, and the guy next to you is allowed to start 50 metres ahead of you. You then look at the race 5 minutes later and the guy is in front, with you panting and sweating behind, chasing him, and you're condemning yourself for letting him pass you! ...Which is delusional. Because you've not bothered to study the history of the race.

Today, owing to diversification of her economy over the centuries, away from gold exports, into areas like manufacturing and advanced agriculture, South Africa has an annual budget of 125 billion dollars.

Nigeria, still in the early stages of diversification from oil and gas, only has an annual budget of 35 billion dollars, courtesy of oil earnings mostly. We are where South Africa was maybe 100 years ago when they were looking to diversify from gold, with the income from that mineral increasingly insufficient to run their economy. Nigeria WILL catch up with South Africa eventually. But it will take several decades still.

2 Likes

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by NigeriaIsDoomed: 11:26am On Jul 18, 2020
Bot whatever una don unban me? Make I educate this emotional man grin grin grin
Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by NigeriaIsDoomed: 11:32am On Jul 18, 2020
Rossikki:

You are truly sick, and a demented halfwit, to come here propagating discredited, demonic racist trash and quack racist theories.

Look, this is really easy. Why not just leave this place, you wretched animal, and move to the KKK and other neo-nazi websites who support your nastiness, and leave us NORMAL human beings alone?

We really have no type for your disgusting, repulsive type here. Go and hang out with those who think like you, the KKK and neo-nazi white supremacist gangs.

You can pay them personal visits as their smiley black slave and even suck their nuts.

You have NO BUSINESS on this forum, and certainly not on THIS thread.
Young man! Take a chill pill. You are too dramatic, uncongenially temperamental and still enwrapped in the miasma of abnegation, typical of a contemporary Black man.

Stooping as low as deploying barrages of opprobrious and gutter languages to attack me for confronting you with raw facts only lends credence to my assertion that the White, Asian and Arabs have a higher IQ than the Black. FACT!
While I wouldn't toe your ingloriously neandertal, obtuse and juvenile path of being overshadowed by emotion as opposed to engaging your medulla oblongata as a rational homo sapiens,  I implore you to be sensible and veracious enough to answer these queetions and disprove the nerves-touching facts that I have stated, if you possess any atom of sanity and civility:
*Is Nigeria, the most populous Black country on the face of the earth, not on the brink of collapse?
*Are we not running in droves to other continents to escape harsh economic realities?
*Is it a Western propaganda that Africa's  Kleptomaniac, miscreant and criminal rulers siphon public funds illegally to foreign banks at the expense of the welfare of their citizens?
*How many Africa irrresponsible rulers get treated for common cold and malaria in the hospitals that they built in Africa?
Is it also a Western lie that Africa till this day rely heavily on foreign aids?

Instead of crying helplessly like a baby and pulling that bullshit racism card like a wimp, I challenge you to mention just one continent that is still foot-dragging in terms of development and is as poor and wretched as a Black man's continent.

My brother! It's all about the fact and not fiction. Get it?
Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by NigeriaIsDoomed: 11:37am On Jul 18, 2020
obaaderemi:
These insults are too much. You can point out the flaws in the other guy's comments without telling him off.
Allow him the liberty to reduce himself to an object of public ridicule.
An average Black man hates you when you tell him the truth, It is a decoy to shy away from painful facts grin grin
Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by NigeriaIsDoomed: 12:00pm On Jul 18, 2020
Raydos:

I agree with everything this man said, You can attack him but it's just the plain truth!!

Black are cursed to be sincere!!

Even the dirty and ghetto parts in America are mostly dominated by blacks!!!

We need to do more!!, No successful black nation at all!!
They will come for your head my brother.
If attacking me soothes his pains and ameliorates his miseries, pls let him go ahead.
After all said and done, Nigerians are still cursing their rulers for epileptic power supply after billions of dollars have gone the drains, Kenyans are still trading their wives and daughters to avert dying of hunger and starvation, South Africans are still slaves to the few Boers remaining in that country, Zimbabwens are crying for challenging the White.
Like Trump put it, Africa is a shithole.
Even the internet that cry cry baby is using to attack me is the invention of the Blessed White. grin grin grin
Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by Rossikk(m): 9:18pm On Jul 18, 2020
NigeriaIsDoomed:
They will come for your my brother.
If attacking me soothes his pains and ameliorates his miseries, pls let him go ahead.
After all said and done, Nigerians are still cursing their rulers for epileptic power supply after billions of dollars have gone the drains, Kenyans are still trading their wives and daughters to avert dying of hunger and starvation, South Africans are still slaves to the few Boers remaining in that country, Zimbabwens are crying for challenging the White.
Like Trump put it, Africa is a shithole.
Even the internet that cry cry baby is using to attack me is the invention of the Blessed White. grin grin grin

Look at you. Wasted human being worshiping other races who despise you.

''Invention of the blessed white''? How slave-sounding and disgusting.

Where would your ''blessed'' whites, who are NEWCOMERS to civilization, be today without the pioneering work done by BLACK AFRICANS in science, engineering and philosophy over the last several thousand years? All the whites are doing is building on the ingenious achievements of Africans.

Where were your ''high IQ blessed whites'' when black Africans were inventing the following:

1 Speech

The first words by humans were spoken by Africans.

''Using statistical methods to estimate the time required to achieve the current spread and diversity in modern languages today, Johanna Nichols — a linguist at the University of California, Berkeley — argues that vocal language must have arisen in our species at least 100,000 years ago. Using phonemic diversity, a more recent analysis offers directly linguistic support for a similar date. Estimates of this kind are independently supported by genetic, archaeological, palaeontological and much other evidence suggesting that language probably emerged somewhere in sub-Saharan Africa during the Middle Stone Age, roughly contemporaneous with the speciation of Homo sapiens.''

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_of_language

2 Writing

In 1999, Archaeology Magazine reported that the earliest Egyptian hieroglyphs date back to 3400 BCE which "...challenge the commonly held belief that early logographs, pictographic symbols representing a specific place, object, or quantity, first evolved into more complex phonetic symbols in Mesopotamia."

Who were these original Egyptians?

The Greek historian Herodotus.. described the Colchians of the Black Sea shores as "Egyptians by race" and pointed out they had "black skins and kinky hair."

Apollodorus, the Greek philosopher, described Egypt as "the country of the black-footed ones" and the Latin historian Ammianus Marcellinus said "the men of Egypt are mostly brown or black with a skinny desiccated look."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/specials/1624_story_of_africa/page88.shtml

In his book 'Egypt', British scholar Sir E.A. Wallis Budge says: "The prehistoric native of Egypt, both in the old and in the new Stone Ages, was African and there is every reason for saying that the earliest settlers came from the South." He further states: "There are many things in the manners and customs and religions of the historic Egyptians that suggests that the original home of their prehistoric ancestors was in a country in the neighborhood of Uganda and Punt [present day Somalia]."

''Greek historian Diodorus Siculus devoted an entire chapter of his world history, the Bibliotheke Historica, or Library of History (Book 3), to the Kushites ["Aithiopians"] of Meroe. Here he repeats the story of their great piety, their high favor with the gods, and adds the fascinating legend that they were.. the founders of Egyptian civilization, invented writing, and had given the Egyptians their religion and culture.''

(1st century B.C., Diodorus Siculus of Sicily, Greek historian and contemporary of Caesar Augustus, Universal History Book III. 2. 4-3. 3)

http://wysinger.homestead.com/blackegypt101.html

To summarise:

"Ancient Egypt was a Negro civilisation. The history of Black Africa will remain suspended in the air and cannot be written correctly until African historians connect it with the history of Egypt. The African historian who evades the problem of Egypt is neither modest nor objective nor unruffled. He is ignorant, cowardly and neurotic. The ancient Egyptians were Negroes. The moral fruit of their civilisation is to be counted among the assets of the Black world."

- Cheikh Anta Diop, The African Origin of Civilisation.

3 Medicine

''The earliest known surgery was performed in Egypt around 2750 BC.... The Ebers papyrus (1550 BC) is full of incantations and foul applications meant to turn away disease-causing demons, and also includes 877 prescriptions. It may also contain the earliest documented awareness of tumors..

Homer (800 BC) remarked in the Odyssey: "In Egypt, the men are more skilled in medicine than any of human kind" and "the Egyptians were skilled in medicine more than any other art". The Greek historian Herodotus visited Egypt around 440 BC and wrote extensively of his observations of their medicinal practices. Pliny the Elder also wrote favourably of them in historical review. Hippocrates (the 'father of medicine'), Herophilos, Erasistratus and later Galen studied at the temple of Amenhotep, and acknowledged the contribution of ancient Egyptian medicine to Greek medicine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Egyptian_medicine

4 Architecture

The African empire of Egypt developed a vast array of diverse structures and great architectural monuments along the Nile, among the largest and most famous of which are the Great Pyramid of Giza and the Great Sphinx of Giza

The pyramids, which were built in the Fourth Dynasty, testify to the power of the pharaonic religion and state. They were built to serve both as grave sites and also as a way to make their names last forever. The size and simple design show the high skill level of Egyptian design and engineering on a large scale. The Great Pyramid of Giza, which was probably completed c. 2580 BC, is the oldest and largest of the pyramids, and is the only surviving monument of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. The pyramid of Khafre is believed to have been completed around 2532 BC, at the end of Khafre's reign.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Egyptian_architecture

There is also growing evidence that the Pyramids of SUDAN (ancient Nubia) which number more than those of Egypt, are in fact older than the Egyptian pyramids.

5 Mathematics

The invention of mathematics is placed firmly in African PRE-HISTORY

''The oldest known possibly mathematical object is the Lebombo bone, discovered in the Lebombo mountains of Swaziland and dated to approximately 35,000 BC. It consists of 29 distinct notches cut into a baboon's fibula. Also prehistoric artifacts discovered in Africa and France, dated between 35,000 and 20,000 years old [respectively], suggest early attempts to quantify time.

The Ishango bone, found near the headwaters of the Nile river (northeastern Congo), may be as much as 20,000 years old and consists of a series of tally marks carved in three columns running the length of the bone. Common interpretations are that the Ishango bone shows either the earliest known demonstration of sequences of prime numbers or a six month lunar calendar.

Also, Predynastic Egyptians of the 5th millennium BC pictorially represented geometric designs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_mathematics#Prehistoric_mathematics

''Numeral systems have been many and diverse, with the first known written numerals created by Egyptians in Middle Kingdom texts such as the Rhind Mathematical Papyrus.

The earliest uses of mathematics were in trading, land measurement, painting and weaving patterns and the recording of time. More complex mathematics did not appear until around 3000 BC, when the Egyptians and Babylonians began using arithmetic, algebra and geometry for taxation and other financial calculations, for building and construction, and for astronomy''

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematics

6 Mining of minerals

The oldest known mine on archaeological record is the "Lion Cave" in Swaziland, which radiocarbon dating shows to be about 43,000 years old. Much later on, the Africans of Egypt mined malachite....Quarries for turquoise and copper were also found at "Wadi Hamamat, Tura, Aswan and various other Nubian sites"..The gold mines of Nubia were among the largest and most extensive in the world, and are described by the Greek author Diodorus Siculus. He mentions that fire-setting was one method used to break down the hard rock holding the gold. One of the complexes is shown in one of earliest known maps. They crushed the ore and ground it to a fine powder before washing the powder for the gold dust.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mining#Prehistoric_mining

7 Iron Smelting

Iron smelting is a form of extractive metallurgy; its main use is to produce a metal from its ore. This includes production of silver, iron, copper and other base metals from their ores. Smelting uses heat and a chemical reducing agent to decompose the ore, driving off other elements as gasses or slag and leaving just the metal behind.

Early iron smelting:

''Where and how iron smelting was discovered is widely debated, and remains uncertain due to the significant lack of production finds.. [but] there is a further possibility of iron smelting and working in West Africa by 1200 BC. In addition, very early instances of carbon steel were found to be in production around 2000 years before the present in northwest Tanzania, based on complex preheating principles. These discoveries are significant for the history of metallurgy.''

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smelting

8 Religion

Greek historian Diodorus Siculus. From his own statements we learn that he traveled in Egypt around 60 BC. His travels in Egypt probably took him as far south as the first Cataract.He wrote about the ''Ethiopians'' south of Egypt.

"They further write that it was among them that people were first taught to honor the gods and offer sacrifices and arrange processions and festivals and perform other things by which people honor the divine. For this reason their piety is famous among all men, and the sacrifices among the Aithiopians are believed to be particularly pleasing to the divinity,"

9 Laws

Stephanus of Byzantium, who is said to represent the opinions of the most ancient Greeks, says:

"Ethiopia was the first established country on the earth, and the Ethiopians were the first who introduced the worship of the Gods and who established laws."
Quoted by John D. Baldwin, Prehistoric Nations, p. 62.

10 International Trade

In 1825, Arnold Hermann Heeren (1760-1842), Professor of History and Politics in the University of Gottengen and one of the ablest of the early exponents of the economic interpretation of history, published, in the fourth and revised edition of his great work Ideen Uber Die Politik, Den Verkehr Und Den Handel Der Vornehmsten Volker Der Alten Weld, a lengthy essay on the history, culture, and commerce of the ancient Ethiopians, which had profound influence on contemporary writers in the conclusion that it was among these ancient Black people of Africa and Asia that international trade was first developed. He thinks that as a by-product of these international contacts there was an exchange of ideas and cultural practices that laid the foundations of the earliest civilizations of the ancient world. Heeren in his researches says: "From the remotest times to the present, the Ethiopians [ancient name for blacks south of the Sahara] have been one of the most celebrated, and yet the most mysterious of nations. In the earliest traditions of nearly all the..civilized nations of antiquity, the name of this distant people is found. The annals of the Egyptian priests are full of them, and the nations of inner Asia, on the Euphrates and Tigris, have interwoven the fictions of the Ethiopians with their traditions of the wars and conquests of their heroes; and, at a period equally remote, they glimmer in Greek mythology. When the Greeks scarcely knew Italy and Sicily by name, the Ethiopians were celebrated in the verses of their poets, and when the faint gleam of tradition and fable gives way to the clear light of history, the lustre of the Ethiopians is not diminished."

http://wysinger.homestead.com/blackegypt101.html

11 Philosophy

Philosophy is the study of general and fundamental problems, such as those connected with reality, existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind, and language. Philosophy is distinguished from other ways of addressing such problems by its critical, generally systematic approach and its reliance on rational argument.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophy#Ancient_philosophy

Philosophy in Africa has a rich and varied history, dating from pre-dynastic Egypt, continuing through the birth of Christianity and Islam. Arguably central to the ancients was the conception of "ma'at", which roughly translated refers to "justice", "truth", or simply "that which is right". One of the earliest works of political philosophy was the Maxims of Ptah-Hotep, which were taught to Egyptian schoolboys for centuries...Ancient Egyptian philosophers made extremely important contributions to Hellenistic philosophy, Christian philosophy, and Islamic philosophy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_philosophy

''Ancient Egyptian philosophy has been credited by the ancient Greeks as being the beginning of philosophy''.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Egyptian_philosophy

12 Art

The oldest art objects in the world—a series of tiny, drilled snail shells about 75,000 years old—were discovered in a South African cave.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art

WIthout these amazing BLACK AFRICAN inventions and discoveries, there could be nothing like ''internet'' today. Or phones. Or computers. Or cars. Or trains. Or even the toilet you shit in. Get that into your thick skull next time you dream of sucking white nuts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by Rossikk(m): 10:03pm On Jul 18, 2020
obaaderemi:

In my student days in the US, I once met a Ugandan guy who was curious about Nigeria. We ended up discussing Naija and it got to the point where I started talking about how we normally return to our villages for christmas, even those of us living abroad.

The guy was like ''what?''

''What village'', he asked?

I explained that our villages are happening places with hotels, restaurants, banks, markets, mansions, festivals, masquerades etc, plus tarred roads here and there.

The guy was shocked.

He said that in Uganda, there was nothing like ''going to your village for holiday''. He said their villages were desolate, deserted places with mud huts, footpaths, no electricity, no roads, nothing. Just some old people fed by the govt/aid agencies etc, and a few poor farmers.. He said the majority of Ugandans who leave their villages NEVER return there because there's nothing to return to. He said most don't even know what village they're from since their grandparents left there several decades ago.

What we have in Nigeria we take for granted and even spit on it. It's a pity.

1 Like

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by NigeriaIsDoomed: 2:23pm On Jul 19, 2020
They don't want to hear the truth, they keep banning me whenever I comment on this thread.
However, I stand by my submission that the Black race is a CURSED RACE hence there is no healthy or successful Black country on the face of the earth.
This marks my last comment since they don't want to hear the truth.
The Blessed white call us black monkeys for this same victim mentality and self-deception.

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by awgumayor: 3:14pm On Jul 19, 2020
Rossikk:

It is GROSSLY UNFAIR to compare Nigeria to South Africa or even Namibia.

Do you actually know the HISTORY of those countries in terms of modern development?

Do you have any clue when South Africa began to build up her infrastructure?

In the 1820s!!!

Do you know when NIGERIA began to build her infrastructure?

In the 1960s! After independence.

The ONLY reason South Africa is the most developed region of Africa today is that they had a 140 year head-start on the rest of black Africa.

How so?

Well, the colonialists who seized the country in the early 19th century simply used a substantial percentage (maybe 50%) of the export earnings to develop the country over time. Why? They saw it as their country, as it was a magnet for European settlement due to the temperate weather. So they didn't loot all the money and ship to Europe (just half).

So South Africa built her first power stations in the 1800s. Her first universities in the 1820s. (University of Cape Town was established in 1829). Her first engineering institutes in the 1800s etc etc.

Nigeria? Our first power plant, Kainji Dam, was commissioned in 1964 by the Balewa administration.

Our first university, Ibadan, was established in 1962. Prior to that it was a mere satellite college of some UK institution.

Look, by the 1940s, South Africa was more or less a developed nation. Nigeria was just a big bush in comparison. A place with naked children and illiterate, malnourished peasants. A colonially looted territory left with nothing at independence, and near-zero infrastructure. Our annual export earnings from cocoa, timber, palm oil, groundnuts, tin, rubber etc, all went to London - at least 95%, year in year out from 1897 to 1960. Similar thing happened in other black African colonial territories. Mass looting by colonialists.

THAT is your history. So to be COMPARING Nigeria, which is just a NEWCOMER in development, to South Africa or Namibia (smaller but with an identical developmental history to SA) is grossly irresponsible.

It's like you have a race, and the guy next to you is allowed to start 50 metres ahead of you. You then look at the race 5 minutes later and the guy is in front, with you panting and sweating behind, chasing him, and you're condemning yourself for letting him pass you! ...Which is delusional. Because you've not bothered to study the history of the race.

Today, owing to diversification of her economy over the centuries, away from gold exports, into areas like manufacturing and advanced agriculture, South Africa has an annual budget of 125 billion dollars.

Nigeria, still in the early stages of diversification from oil and gas, only has an annual budget of 35 billion dollars, courtesy of oil earnings mostly. We are where South Africa was maybe 100 years ago when they were looking to diversify from gold, with the income from that mineral increasingly insufficient to run their economy. Nigeria WILL catch up with South Africa eventually. But it will take several decades still.

The head start of South Africa shouldn't be the criteria to defend Nigeria underdevelopment. What can you say about UAE, Qatar and other gulf nations that got their acts right few years ago. The problem with Nigeria is the country never had leaders who believed in Nigeria unlike the imperialist South Africans who believed that South Africa is their country and started developing it. All the money stolen from Nigeria since 1960 can transform Nigeria to the look of UAE within ten years. Another problem is with the citizens who have been living like an animals and never knew what is to live like humans, only good at singing praises to their incompetent leaders they have made their gods.
Any day there is leader or leaders in Nigeria who have Nigeria at heart and not their pockets you will see how the nation will begin to transform.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We’ll Do Better Than Men – Female Gubernatorial Candidates / Pump Price Increase Likely As Landing Cost Of Petrol ‘rises Above’ N145 / US Secretary Of State, Blinken To Visit Nigeria, Three Other African Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.