Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

~wandering Soul~christian Fiction - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction (4051 Views)

Even If He Doesn't: The Flood (a Christian Fiction Series) / So You Betrayed Me-a Christian Fiction / ~LOVE OR Lust~christian Fiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 22, 2020
"Huhn"
"yeah,there are a lot of false prophet out there in the world pulling crowds with their false signs and wonders in the name of Jesus but God did not recognise them,Matthew 24:23-24.Christ told us that at judgement day,many will say Lord Lord i have done this,i have done that in your name but unfortunately he will say I know ye not you workers of iniquity.
The fact that many does evil does not make them right instead they will all be punished.God might use a man today and reject him tomorrow like he did to King Saul in the bible.
God usage is not God approval.The only thing unbelievers should covet is that their name appears in the book of life or else.I am your father and i wont deceive you son"Pastor Benedict said.
"Hold on there dad,what do you mean that God usage is not God approval"
Pastor Benedict smiled
"Son,God can use anyone to enhance his work but that does not means you are going to reign eternally with God.God can also use a prostitite to preach but that does not mean she is born again"

2 Likes

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 22, 2020
"But why is he acting this way dad"
"have you forgotten what Book of Isaiah 55:9?it says that as the sky is higher than the ground,that is the way his ways and thought are higher than ours.We cant understand his mysteries and anyone who engage in a curious quest to know God more,the person will dabble into evil societies like Spiritism and others which is dangerous"
"Dad this is absurd"
"It is not,son.The reason why it makes no sense to you is that you are carnal so a carnal person cannot understand his ways neither can he learn his precept.The Bible says that a natural man cannot know the things of God neither can he discern them because they are foolishness unto him"Pastor Benedict said.
"So you mean Ken is not a man of God hunh"
"I cannot tell but it is written that by their fruit you shall know them.You can tell who Ken is by his fruit-Homosexuality yet people throng around him blindly for miracles.To be forewarned is to be forearmed"Pastor Benedict concluded and left Promise who sat on the floor.

2 Likes

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by enirock(m): 12:17am On Jul 23, 2020
His ways are hidden from the learned yet revealed to little children.
Thanks Pre4
Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 12:47am On Jul 23, 2020
enirock:
His ways are hidden from the learned yet revealed to little children.
Thanks Pre4

God bless you sir,i have been so busy lately
Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 1:06am On Jul 23, 2020
CHAPTER FIVE
--The change is here--
Pastor Benedict and his wife came out of their room for morning devotion only to see Promise seated there reading his Bible.
They exchanged glance and both took their seat.
"Good morning son"Pastor Ben greeted,he was suprised to see how his son jerked back into reality,showing that he was highly engrossed in the Bible that he did not notice their presence.
"Good morning mum and dad,i never took notice of your presence"Promise replied.
"So son,you now read a Bible"Mrs Ben asked.
"mum what will you have me do?I need to make research at least to subside the pressure in me"
"You shouldnt say research son.That word simply means you carnally wants to know God which is impossible but i will rather you say that you wants to know more or you are hungry for him"Mrs Benedict replied.
"Darling lets pray"Pastor Ben came in.
"Daddy i will love to lead the chorus"Promise requested than stated.
His parents exchanged glance again.
"okay go on"Pastor Ben granted and shrugged.
"okay dad"

2 Likes

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 1:24am On Jul 23, 2020
"You put your love on the line
To pay the wage of sin that was mine
washing my rivers of wrong
Into the sea of your infinite love
With arm stretched out
Lord i give myself
Knowing am found in Christ in your love to forever
With all i am
in your grace i stand"Promise started as his parents followed suit.
"Jesus Lord Jesus
What the wonder you are....
You are so gentle,so kind and so wise
You shine
Than the bright morning star...
Jesus Lord Jesus
What a wonder you are"he led as his parent followed suit.
"In Jesus name we've worshipped"pastor Ben ended and prayed.
Immediately they finished,He sat Promise down for a while.
"Son,can you tell me the reason for the change of character"He started.
"Dad,i am just skeptical.One part of me is craving to be with Christ while another part is still longing to go back to my life"Promise said.
"This is because you still have connection to your old life,there is still a magnet in you dragging you back to those things.The Bible say if your hand will take you to hell,cut it off"

2 Likes

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by enirock(m): 1:28am On Jul 23, 2020
PRE4:

God bless you sir,i have been so busy lately
Thanks you for finding out time out of your busy schedule to write updates. We/I am grateful.
Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 1:44am On Jul 23, 2020
"I should cut off my hands"?Promise asked in shock.
Pastor Benedict smiled and patted him on the back.
"It means disconnect yourself from that source of temptation.It means totally seperate yourself from that medium that lures you back to sin.
James 1:14 says;But every man is tempted,when he is drawn away of his own lust,and enticed.
What it means is that,there will be nothing like temptation if we learn to control our lust.It says a man is tempted if he allows himself to be lusted.That is to say,if there is no source of temptation,there will be no temptation"Pastor Benedict explained.
"So what is my own source of temptation"Promie inquired.
"I dont know son but anybody or anything that makes you remember or make you go back to what you've left before is that source of temptation and that person or thing needs to be seperated from you.
Son,the Bible says that godly sorrow leads to repentance,so if your sorrow is godly then it will eventually convicts you and lead you to Christ.Take your time"he said and left

2 Likes

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 1:46am On Jul 23, 2020
enirock:

Thanks you for finding out time out of your busy schedule to write updates. We/I am grateful.
God bless you sir

1 Like

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by enirock(m): 1:53am On Jul 23, 2020
PRE4:

God bless you sir
Amen. May his grace be sufficient for you and you always yield to God's guidance as you touch hearts through your writings. Amen
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 24, 2020
~~~
During close hour,all the youths were happy and suprised to see Promise,most of them swarmed around him like bees.
He exchanged pleasantries with many of them,he even practised with the choir.
He was on the piano when his phone rang,it was Jerry one of his friends,he hesitated before picking the receiver.
"Hello pal,where 're you"The caller asked immediately.
"In the church"Promise replied.
"Church again?"
"See,bro i think i need to drop my education status quo and all the knowledge i have acquired to serve the Living God"
"Ok Pastor,that is by the way,Why have you stopped picking your girl calls"Jerry asked.
"I am still on the same page with you,i need to drop all that to sort myself out"Promise replied.
"This is serious!,is that the reason you stopped picking her call hunh tell me"
"Yes exactly,i even hesitated picking your call just now.I was about settling the scores with God"
"Promise i will come over to your house tomorrow,i need to talk sense into you"
"I will be waiting"Promise said and hung up

2 Likes

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 24, 2020
He was reading a novel when one of their househelp came to tell him that he had a visitor.
"Tell him to come in"he instructed.
Some seconds later Kenneth flounced into the sitting room.Promise frowned when he saw him.
"Yes,what do you want"?Promise asked rudely.
"I came to beg you that what you saw that day,you should tell no one"Ken replied.
"And why shouldnt i"
"Because if you do,my ministry is finished"
"Just hold it right there,you are not concerned about stopping that rubbish,all you care is your ministry"Promise countered.
"Yes,my ministry will fall if you do that.I beg you"Kenneth stated and rested his hand on Promise laps,Promise quickly shoved it away.
"But Ken,when did you start this nonsense,right back then in secondary school,you were not doing it,remember i shared the room with you then"Promise inquired.
"It was when i entered the university,i had a school mate who lured me into it and now its hard to stop it.If i see a fellow man like me,i get aroused,i feel like doing it with you right now"

2 Likes

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 24, 2020
"God forbid!abomination"Promise exclaimedand shifted on the sofa thereby widened the gap between him and Ken.
"Yes i feel like sucking you right now,i feel like entering your bosomi feel like having sex with you,i feel like..."
"Shut up fool!God will punish those feelinhs of yours.Now get out of my house this minutes before i commit blue murder"Promise ranted.
"I will leave but dont let anyone know about this"
"My God!a prophet like you,then tell me what you will be preaching to your members,tell me hunh?"
"God is not condemning me,he still use me to perform miracles,he still speaks to me so who are you to condemn or judge me.Afterall i am not the only pastor living in secret sin,there are so many out there"
"Ken,the fact that many does the wrong thing does not make it,can two wrong make a right,hunh answer me Ken?"
"God is not wicked to the extent of throwing us to hell,then why is he called the merciful"
"Ken get out of my house.Homosexual.Gay,get lost"
"Tell no one"Ken said,got up quietly and left.

2 Likes

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 24, 2020
CHAPTER SIX
--Withdrawn from the plough--
He came out the bathroom and met his phone ringing,he picked it.
"Hello Imelda"He said.
"Promise why have you stopped picking my calls for days now"Imelda sobbed.
"No dont be offended dear just that i need a break now"Promise replied.
"A break from me?you told me you love me"
"I do Baby but i need to sort things out"
"I have realised how much i love you,i cant live without you baby"Imelda sobbed.
Promise heaved in empathy.
"I love you too baby"
"Then why are you avoiding me like a plague"
"hmmm,you wont understand baby.I just want to stop...Anyway am sorry if i hurted you but i promise to make it up to you"Promise replied.Did he just that,he rolled his tongue and regretted he had said that.Hope he was not treading the wrong path again.
"Good,my darling is back.Anyway i am in Hilton Hotel,i am lodging there,will you mind coming over here so we can have some fun?"Imelda asked.
"I will be there in a jiffy"He ended
He heaved in guilty,but quickly brushed off the guilt

2 Likes

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 24, 2020
He quickly wore his clothes and came downstairs only to meet his parents already dressed.He wondered where they were going but soon remembered today was Revival Retreat.he silently prayed his parents will not force him to the church,so he greeted them innocently.
"Ohh,you are dressed already,good to see my son this way"Pastor Benedict compliment.
The guilt flushed on him again,he wished he could follow them but how about Imelda,he had told her he will be joining her soon.
He rolled his tongue.
"Dad i am not going to the church today,i have an appointment to catch up with"he managed to say.
"are you going for job interview?or to one of those your friend house"his mum asked suspiciously.
"A job screening"Promise lied.He needed to lie to them so as to earn their approval.He was not happy for doing that but he dont want to hurt Imelda any longer.
"Okay,go well my son.God be with you but Remember what book of Luke 9:62 says;No man,having put his hand to the plough,and look back,is fit for the kingdom of God"

2 Likes

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Zara20(f): 5:23pm On Jul 24, 2020
the gift of God is without repentance,that one performs miracle does not mean he is a heavenly candidate. Good job bro. More grace

1 Like

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 24, 2020
Zara20:
the gift of God is without repentance,that one performs miracle does not mean he is a heavenly candidate. Good job bro. More grace
God usage is not God approval.
Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Khriztarl(f): 8:08pm On Jul 24, 2020
Merciful God. Merciful God. Yet, should continue in our iniquity becoz grace is available?
Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Lakesc: 8:34pm On Jul 24, 2020
More grace PRE4
Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by enirock(m): 10:46pm On Jul 24, 2020
Depart from me for l know you not... But we cast out demons and the devil obeyed in your name...

May God be merciful because na only Him know who truly dey serve am.

Thanks for the updates.
Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 25, 2020
Promise stung a suprise stare at his father word.Sometimes he just could not understand his parents,most times they display rare characters like foreseeing and reading of mind.
His heart melted at his father last word but he still needed to meet with Imelda,he missed her.
"Okay sir,thank you"He replied and left the house.
It was some minutes ride to Hilton hotel where he met Imelda at the bar drinking.She was more charming in her skimpy skirt and sex blouse,he licked his tongue and approached her.
"Here you are baby"he said and they hugged passionately.
"I miss you baby,i thought i lost you"
"I miss you too,i am here now"Promise replied.
I am doing the right thing,he rhetoricalised in his mine.His heart was beating faster.
"Can we go to the room now"Imelda proposed.
"Sure we should"He stuttered,he knew what was next.but why wasnt he resisting this temptation.He remembered his father word"remove yourself from the source of temptation".He tried but he just couldnt.
He followed Imelda like a sacrificia lamb.

2 Likes

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 11:13am On Jul 25, 2020
~~~~
He stared at fancy ceiling and glanced back at the sleeping naked woman beside him.His heart was thumping faster.
"What have i done again"he cried in his man and stared at his stark unclothedness.
Things he dont want to do but he found himself doing them.
The guilt poured down his mind in torrent.
He did not even see Imelda staring at him.
"Baby you are awake already,you are gloomy or didnt you enjoyed the fun"She said and touched him.He jerked out of his reverie.
"i did enjoyed every bit of it but it happened too fast"he tried to put up a mood camouflage.
"You can say that again and i will give it to you more"
"I know"
"Baby,promise me you wont leave me again"Imelda pleaded.
"I promise i wont"Promise pledged though it wasnt his intention.
"Baby do you love me"
"I love you than you ever think"
"Then prove it to me"
"How"Promise asked
"I am hosting my birthday party next week at Abuja,I want you to attend"Imelda said.
"Is that it?I will be there"Promise replied.
"you will?oh i love you baby"
"Love you more"

2 Likes

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 25, 2020
~~~~~
"so you still chop her again"Bright asked laughing.
"She almost killed me"Promise replied laughing too.
"I am so happy to hear that"Jerry stated.
"I dont want to hear that you left her again.Promise that girl love you scatter"Bright said too.
"I know na,i love her too"Promise replied.
"But you left her before"
"See Jerry,i was trying to sort myself out with my parent,i was trying to settle things with God and all of a sudden she just came and knocked me out of it"
"Bright,shey you hear the nonsense Promise talk now"Jerry said in local parlance to Bright before he turned to face Promise"You only live once,so its better you enjoy life now and leave your old parent and their primitive belief on what they cannot see"Jerry said in sarcasm.
"You see,if i were to be a president i will scrap off these religious skunks and their pastorpreneur.Church is just a business centre and the pastor keep forcing members to pay tithe,tell members tales about heaven and hell.Its just annoying"Bright said deridingly.

2 Likes

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 25, 2020
"Some Philosophers like Rebecca Goldstein believed in God"Promise said.
"Stop being silly Promise,i dont count her as a philosopher"Jerry replied.
"Philosophers do not really go extreme against the existence of God,at least we believe in his concept thereby we are skeptical about his existence better still agnostic"Bright Interposed.
"Now lets juxtapose the Allah and Christian God,they seem to be same entity but they 're two different personality.I want to clarify an issue here about the theist or religious folks.Allah transliterated from the word ài-llàh was the most powerful god then in saudi arabia and thereby Mohammed claims to be his messenger"Bright emphasized.
"I know that,so what are you driving at"Promise asked.
"I want to let you know how stupid those people are.They claim they all serve one God.There in the Q'uran there is the story of Abraham,Joseph,Noahand even Jesus and it is in the Bible but by the time we study both attributes then we will know how confused the religious folks are"Bright said

2 Likes

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 25, 2020
"Starting from the Qu'ran Allah,he is just One and not truine like the Bible had said.We were made to believe in the trinity but the muslim dont.In the Q'uran we were made to understand that we should not refer Allah as a father because he has no son and he is too holy to relate with Mankind,but the Christian God is a loving father who is concerned with human spiritual growth,the muslims dont believe Jesusis the only way to God as it was stated in the q'uran that Allah has no son while the Christians believe Christ is God himself manifested as the word to reconcile mankind back to himself.The Christians believe in the Holy Spirit and the muslim dont so now how can they say they are serving the same God?This is the place the atheists floors most of their argument but philosophers believe in the existence of a supreme being but i for one dont believe in the tales of heaven and hell.Once we die,it ends here,we only decay to help nutrify the soil.
So why cant we live our life the way we want to live it"

2 Likes

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 25, 2020
"There are gods yes but we cant fathom the supreme one as every followers of each religions keeps proving they are right.
Gain knowledge,we philosophers makes researches but we cant unravel all these mysterious tales of heaven and hell.C'mon promise have you see heaven or hell before?have your pastors seen it before?NO.
For God sake you are a philosopher,forget those balderdash talk and enjoy life"Bright ended.
These words did some operations in his faculty as he felt the surge of philosophy imbued into him immediately,the guilt of displeasing the unseen being slittered away.
"Imelda will be hosting her birthday next week at Abuja"Promise said.
"Wow!!it will be lit,so will you be going to abuja"Jerry said grinning from ear to ear.
"Yes i need to be there but i have a problem"
"What is the problem"Bright and Jerry chorused.
"My parents of course,what will i tell them"
"Tell them you will be having reunion of your course mates"Jerry said.
"Good idea,that will do the magic"Promise replied as the trio laughed

2 Likes

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Ayanfe29(f): 5:29pm On Jul 25, 2020
Thanks for the back to back update.

Promise cry.... stop allowing your soul to wander..... tomorrow may be too late!
Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 25, 2020
Ayanfe29:
Thanks for the back to back update.

Promise cry.... stop allowing your soul to wander..... tomorrow may be too late!
I will soon unravel the meaning of the name"wandering soul".
Calm down

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Ayanfe29(f): 7:23pm On Jul 25, 2020
PRE4:

I will soon unravel the meaning of the name"wandering soul".
Calm down

Alright boss. I'm at ease

1 Like

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by enirock(m): 11:52pm On Jul 25, 2020
He who puts his hands on the plough and looks back, is not fit for the kingdom of God.

Thanks for the update.
Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Lakesc: 6:30am On Jul 26, 2020
Thank u PRE4... It much easy to fall for sexual temptation especialy if u luv that person and dont wanna hurt them; but all the same, u cant serve God and still indulged in such sin, it only drives u further and further away from Him...

1 Like

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 28, 2020
I will be updating later today. For sometime now,i have been busy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FICTION: My Mother And Mrs Muji / Bisi Ajala / My Father My Worst Enemy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.