Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

I Need Info On Masonic Order In Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Need Info On Masonic Order In Nigeria (10081 Views)

Nigerian Naira Is Full Of Masonic Symbols / The Masonic Legislative Building in Winnipeg - Manitoba, Canada / I Am Going On A Tour In The Masonic Lodge In Dublin This Weekend. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Info On Masonic Order In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:21pm On Feb 05, 2011
Can anybody please direct me on how to become a member of Freemason in Nigeria? My e-mail is 'current2me@yahoo.com' Thanks
Re: I Need Info On Masonic Order In Nigeria by Leyz04(m): 8:01am On Feb 06, 2011
Am afraid you cant become a member from Nigeria,its restricted to Ohio,Usa,its a highly secretive fraternity. My intel is true
Re: I Need Info On Masonic Order In Nigeria by Ymodulus: 8:14am On Feb 06, 2011
^^Well am not that sure, but last i heard MUBARAK of egypt is also in freeMason
Re: I Need Info On Masonic Order In Nigeria by Ymodulus: 8:14am On Feb 06, 2011
^^Well am not that sure, but last i heard MUBARAK of egypt is also in freeMason
Re: I Need Info On Masonic Order In Nigeria by GreyBeard: 4:45pm On Feb 06, 2011
Freemasonary is by invitation only. An existing member has to invite you in. So find someone who is already a member and convince him or her to invite you. It's the only way.
Re: I Need Info On Masonic Order In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:09pm On Feb 06, 2011
Well, I found their website, sent them a request and they auto-reply saying I suld send my C.V. if I want to join. I did sent my c.v. and I am waiting fo their response now!
Re: I Need Info On Masonic Order In Nigeria by Leyz04(m): 9:51am On Feb 07, 2011
Most of the world leaders are members of various fratenity arround the world.
Re: I Need Info On Masonic Order In Nigeria by zeal500: 8:05pm On Feb 07, 2011
Mansonic order is free
if u r interested go to the nearest order around u
It is not neccessarily tru invitation
have d conviction and know when the one closer to u meet

Gd luck
Re: I Need Info On Masonic Order In Nigeria by Niflheim(m): 12:55pm On Nov 14, 2012
The closest place I know to me in Lagos is at no 28 Broad Street, and it is called St Georges Lodge No 3065,although when you pass the building, they wrote "St Georges Hall".When you get there,they will simply tell you to get recommendations from 3 of their current members!!! The masonic square and compass are boldly painted on top of the building!!!It is a white and blue building!!!
Re: I Need Info On Masonic Order In Nigeria by Niflheim(m): 12:59pm On Nov 14, 2012
There is also another Lodge at Yaba called Academic Hall,it is not too far away from the STB Mcann building along Herbert Macaulay Way.The masonic square and compass are boldly emblazöned at the top of the building!!!
Re: I Need Info On Masonic Order In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 14, 2012
hmmm
Re: I Need Info On Masonic Order In Nigeria by Niflheim(m): 1:20pm On Nov 14, 2012
@ymodulus,the president of gabon,ali bongo,was made grand master of the gabonese freemasons in 2009,while his dad before him,omar bongo,was grand master in 1984!!!
Re: I Need Info On Masonic Order In Nigeria by bigjoule(m): 7:30pm On Nov 14, 2012
@ Niflheim can i get more info btw are you a member
Re: I Need Info On Masonic Order In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:04am On Nov 15, 2012
the Nigerian cultists are examples.
Re: I Need Info On Masonic Order In Nigeria by Niflheim(m): 5:14am On Nov 15, 2012
@bigjoule,no sir,I am not a member. In Nigeria,we have the English Constitution,the Scottish Constitution and the Irish Constitution. The Grand Master of the Scottish Constitution is Dr Ibiama(aka Fyne Country VI) from Bonny Island in Rivers State.
Re: I Need Info On Masonic Order In Nigeria by Niflheim(m): 5:24am On Nov 15, 2012
@bigjoule,The Grand Master of the Irish Constitution for the whole of Nigeria is Alabo Graham Douglas,he is Kalabari,also from Rivers State!!!
Re: I Need Info On Masonic Order In Nigeria by Niflheim(m): 5:27am On Nov 15, 2012
@big joule,in case you would like to go down memory lane,the present Oba of Benin was Grand Master of Benin Lodge in 1995,while his father before him,was Grand Master of the same lodge in 1962!!!
Re: I Need Info On Masonic Order In Nigeria by Niflheim(m): 5:35am On Nov 15, 2012
@bigjoule,there are some who mix it with Ogboni.Chief Adeyemo Alakija was the 1st man in the history of Nigeria to be Grand Master of the Scottish Constitution and simultaneously the Olori Oluwa(Supreme Head) of the Ogboni Confraternity!!!The 2nd man to achieve such a feat was Chief Olu Holloway!!!
Re: I Need Info On Masonic Order In Nigeria by Niflheim(m): 5:46am On Nov 15, 2012
The present head of all Freemasons worldwide is Prince Edward the Duke of Kent,the British Field Marshall, who is also the Queen of England's first cousin.But because of his royal duties and perogatives,he has to assign someone to perform all the rituals on his behalf and this person is known as the 'Pro Grand Master'!!!
Re: I Need Info On Masonic Order In Nigeria by Niflheim(m): 5:55am On Nov 15, 2012
Every Masonic Lodge in every christian nation, has a Grand Chaplain who is like a high ranking member of the christian clergy.The so called christian writer Norman Vincent Peale was Grand Chaplain of the Grand Lodge of New York from (1949-1951).
Re: I Need Info On Masonic Order In Nigeria by Niflheim(m): 6:00am On Nov 15, 2012
The so called christian, Colonel Harland Sanders,who started Kentucky Fried Chicken,wrote in his biography that the greatest moment of his life was the day that he was inducted into the 33rd degree of Freemasonry!!!
Re: I Need Info On Masonic Order In Nigeria by Niflheim(m): 6:14am On Nov 15, 2012
One of the pillars of native christianity in Lagos,Sir Herbert Macaulay(the grand son of Samuel Ajayi Crowther),was a member of the York Rite of Freemasonry, he was initiated in the United Kingdom. This was revealed in the most authentic Herbert Macaulay biography that was written by his best friend's son.Also,the day that the British Grand Master,the Earl of Scarborough,visited Nigeria,pre independence,on his private boat,Herbert Macaulay was one of the few black men allowed on the boat that was not serving guests or washing plates,but wining and dining with the British Overlords!!!
Re: I Need Info On Masonic Order In Nigeria by Niflheim(m): 6:20am On Nov 15, 2012
The York(English Rite) of Freemasonry has 13 degrees,the Scottish Rite has 33 degrees.The Rite of Memphis which is now virtually extinct has 90 degrees,while the Rite of Mizraim(extinct?)has 97 degrees.
Re: I Need Info On Masonic Order In Nigeria by Niflheim(m): 6:25am On Nov 15, 2012
The floor where Freemasons converge for worship looks like a chess board,with it's black and white sqares and it is referred to as the 'tesellated pavement'.
Re: I Need Info On Masonic Order In Nigeria by Niflheim(m): 6:30am On Nov 15, 2012
The 1st degree in Freemasonry is known as 'Entered Apprentice',the 2nd degree is 'Fellowcraft',the 3rd is 'Master Mason',the 32nd is 'Sublime Prince of the Royal Secret' and the 33rd degree is 'Sovereign Grand Inspector General'.
Re: I Need Info On Masonic Order In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:35am On Nov 15, 2012
Ok... Does Freemasonry have an esoteric dimension? I asked because from my personal research, the fraternity seems to be humanitarian and a system of moral instruction. This is more akin to other organisations like the Rotary club, Lions Club etc. I ask again, what is it that differentiates Freemasonry from just a purely humanitarian and service-oriented fraternity? Thanks.
Re: I Need Info On Masonic Order In Nigeria by Niflheim(m): 6:42am On Nov 15, 2012
They talk about the 3 Great Lights which are the Sun,the Moon and the Master of the Lodge.They also talk about the 3 Lesser lights which are the square,the compass,and the VSL. The VSL is simply an acronym for Volume of the Sacred Law or Lore.It is simply any religious book like the bible,the koran,the torah(jewish holy book) or the bhagavad gita(hindu holy book)......................the 3rd president of America,Thomas Jefferson, used to refer to the bible as a 'Sacred Law',and there are no prizes for guessing why!!!
Re: I Need Info On Masonic Order In Nigeria by Niflheim(m): 6:52am On Nov 15, 2012
@Agi-tuedor,if I should talk now, nairalaners will appear and start shouting that I am a paranoid cönspiracy theorist,but my advice to you is to read their books and you will know the truth about them.But always look for the books from the early 19th century to the early 20th century!!!
Re: I Need Info On Masonic Order In Nigeria by Niflheim(m): 7:03am On Nov 15, 2012
@agi-tuedor,I will recommend this website to you,it is called sacred-texts.com, a website with over 1,000 religious books that you can either read on your PC or download "FREE OF CHARGE".They have the original greek and latin bibles,books on Ifa,books on the Rosicrucians,the complete works of Shakespeare and all the famous greek philosophers,books of the Mormons,Egyptian Mythology,even the Bhagavad Gita..................................I recommend "The Secret Teachings of all Ages" by Manly P.Hall.
Re: I Need Info On Masonic Order In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 15, 2012
Niflheim: @Agi-tuedor,if I should talk now, nairalaners will appear and start shouting that I am a paranoid cönspiracy theorist,but my advice to you is to read their books and you will know the truth about them.But always look for the books from the early 19th century to the early 20th century!!!
just say what u feel is right
Re: I Need Info On Masonic Order In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:07am On Nov 15, 2012
^ say that which u want to say... It doesn't matter what Nairalander think. Afterall, it is an open forum. They are some of us who can see the truth. There is a saying..."he that knows not and does not know that he knows not is a f o ol", that is the case of most Nairalanders. So, pls...do not withhold your insights based on that. Thanks.
P.S. How can I get some books? I stay in Benin City.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prepare Your Family For Rapture / Creepy And Terrifying Photos Of Ghosts Caught On Camera / Should I Force My Daughter To Go To Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.