Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,186 members, 7,807,630 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

Man Loses N200,000 Job For Calling The Employer ‘uncle’ - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Man Loses N200,000 Job For Calling The Employer ‘uncle’ (3581 Views)

How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? / Graduate Begs For N18,000 Job On Facebook / Want To Grab The Employer’s Attention With Your CV? Follow These Tips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Loses N200,000 Job For Calling The Employer ‘uncle’ by Tallesty1(m): 3:27pm On Jul 17, 2020
We as a people complicate life, make it difficult and then turn around to complain that life is hard.

I just dey try reason this thing.

I am looking for someone to work for me.

And when I got the perfect match, I denied him the job because he called me uncle?

Where's the sense in it?

Why deny him the job when I can easily tell him that I am not comfortable with being called uncle?

4 Likes

Re: Man Loses N200,000 Job For Calling The Employer ‘uncle’ by Androidboy(m): 3:35pm On Jul 17, 2020
MOST INSPIRING VIDEO I EVER WATCHED

https://www.musicbed.com/challenge/submissions/story-of-hope/DUfmHM

I need your free Vote to win this challenge����

Steps To Vote from WhatsApp

1)Click the link to Visit my Submission Page��

2) Write your mail to submit Vote�

3)Click YouTuber✔️

4) Submit Your Vote and Check your Mail to Upload the Vote Successfully.�

You can watch the video to get inspired. Share the video for anyone to Vote if you Loved what our watch and I promise you would be AMAZED!!
#musicbedchallenge #musicbedreopenchallenge
Re: Man Loses N200,000 Job For Calling The Employer ‘uncle’ by Olufemiolaolu(m): 3:39pm On Jul 17, 2020
What a silly excuse to terminate a person. He wasn't serious about employing him in the 1st place. May be the guy's village people dey hin back 247.cheesy

1 Like

Re: Man Loses N200,000 Job For Calling The Employer ‘uncle’ by Swissheart(f): 3:39pm On Jul 17, 2020
kingPhidel:
Dear grin why your blood the hot na Dearie
hello dear, how is your day going dear, hope fine Dear, thanks for the mention Dearie undecided
Re: Man Loses N200,000 Job For Calling The Employer ‘uncle’ by Olufemiolaolu(m): 3:40pm On Jul 17, 2020
Lukaku95:
Your brother get company for lekki wey fit pay person 200k monthly.. and you dey beg for Internet.. audio brother and and employment
Wisdom too full your headcheesy

2 Likes

Re: Man Loses N200,000 Job For Calling The Employer ‘uncle’ by Androidboy(m): 3:48pm On Jul 17, 2020
MOST INSPIRING VIDEO I EVER WATCHED

https://www.musicbed.com/challenge/submissions/story-of-hope/DUfmHM

I need your free Vote to win this challenge����

Steps To Vote from WhatsApp

1)Click the link to Visit my Submission Page��

2) Write your mail to submit Vote�

3)Click YouTuber✔️

4) Submit Your Vote and Check your Mail to Upload the Vote Successfully.�

You can watch the video to get inspired. Share the video for anyone to Vote if you Loved what our watch and I promise you would be AMAZED!!
#musicbedchallenge #musicbedreopenchallenge

1 Like

Re: Man Loses N200,000 Job For Calling The Employer ‘uncle’ by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 17, 2020
77Craze:
Lolz, dem no wan give am the job before
Don't Mind them.
He was never qualified.
But if na OKPO with a Big Backside, she will be overqualified

1 Like

Re: Man Loses N200,000 Job For Calling The Employer ‘uncle’ by dopedealer(m): 4:52pm On Jul 17, 2020
HarunaWest:

Go and ask their dad.. You can imagine ur begging with a current account

Just pass away, if you have nothing to offer. Must u talk !

1 Like

Re: Man Loses N200,000 Job For Calling The Employer ‘uncle’ by Sensitivity: 4:53pm On Jul 17, 2020
So he was supposed to call him "Daddy"
That your uncle dey mad angry

1 Like

Re: Man Loses N200,000 Job For Calling The Employer ‘uncle’ by ORIAYO70(m): 4:54pm On Jul 17, 2020
Swissheart:
Why should you call your interviewer Uncle for goodness sake, is he your Uncle?

Uncle doesn't sound smart in that context nau

And those of you that call addresses everybody as "Dear" , continue
Am guilty of this
Re: Man Loses N200,000 Job For Calling The Employer ‘uncle’ by WoeBetide666: 5:15pm On Jul 17, 2020
Na their papa
Re: Man Loses N200,000 Job For Calling The Employer ‘uncle’ by GREATESTPIANIST: 5:31pm On Jul 17, 2020
Swissheart:

grin hahahhahaha, the dear-crew, we plenty o my dear grin
Re: Man Loses N200,000 Job For Calling The Employer ‘uncle’ by GREATESTPIANIST: 5:32pm On Jul 17, 2020
extol1:

I have start to caution myself because I like address people as dear
it's only those you care for you should use dear for,
Re: Man Loses N200,000 Job For Calling The Employer ‘uncle’ by princetemitee(f): 6:33pm On Jul 17, 2020
Sorry for him o
Re: Man Loses N200,000 Job For Calling The Employer ‘uncle’ by mastertek: 6:39pm On Jul 17, 2020
nothing surprised me in this country, I was once rejected by HR of a company after pass the interview by the MD of the company, the MD was impressed by my experience & knowledge and choose me for the job, but I had to meet the HR next day.

when I met the HR, he was asking for payment slip from my previous employment, which I said I didn't have, the did insist and reject me for the job.

but the MD which is a white Lebanese know what he wanted & give me the job, left to our Nigerian HR he would just reject me base on ordinary slip.

we have long way to go in this country, we employ according to best man for the job

1 Like

Re: Man Loses N200,000 Job For Calling The Employer ‘uncle’ by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:51pm On Jul 17, 2020
77Craze:
Lolz, dem no wan give am the job before
No mind them! What's wrong in correcting him then introducing himself properly

Most Africans are very respectful and are skeptical in calling their boss by their name

He must have called him that out of respect

Mtcheeeeeew yeye people
Re: Man Loses N200,000 Job For Calling The Employer ‘uncle’ by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 17, 2020
Swissheart:
hello dear, how is your day going dear, hope fine Dear, thanks for the mention Dearie undecided
You 2 should get a room!
This is a serious topic, stop derailing with all these romantic display undecided
Re: Man Loses N200,000 Job For Calling The Employer ‘uncle’ by Karleb(m): 7:40pm On Jul 17, 2020
Seriously, many of these employers are saucy!

Nonsense!
Re: Man Loses N200,000 Job For Calling The Employer ‘uncle’ by kingPhidel(m): 9:43pm On Jul 17, 2020
Swissheart:
awwn Dearie, my day is ending well though a rainy one, i trust your day went stress-free dear? Do have a good evening dearie and keep staying safe Dear cheesy
Re: Man Loses N200,000 Job For Calling The Employer ‘uncle’ by sofiscatedmoron: 9:49pm On Jul 17, 2020
Even if he was employed, they will still fire him for answering his boss sir", for being too formal

All these private firms self
Re: Man Loses N200,000 Job For Calling The Employer ‘uncle’ by merieam16(f): 11:01pm On Jul 17, 2020
village people why?
Re: Man Loses N200,000 Job For Calling The Employer ‘uncle’ by phemmyfour: 7:28am On Jul 18, 2020
Swissheart:

And the punishment should be "loss of the job". Black man mentality. The joke is on the coy, they just lost a brain
Re: Man Loses N200,000 Job For Calling The Employer ‘uncle’ by sammirano: 7:45am On Jul 18, 2020
What happened to Sir? He was not the best candidate.

1 Like

Re: Man Loses N200,000 Job For Calling The Employer ‘uncle’ by Swissheart(f): 8:45am On Jul 18, 2020
phemmyfour:
And the punishment should be "loss of the job". Black man mentality. The joke is on the coy, they just lost a brain
the joke is on the man! It is contradicting to be the last candidate for a job and address an interviewer as " Uncle". What's that? He'll call them Mommy and Daddy when he gets job
Re: Man Loses N200,000 Job For Calling The Employer ‘uncle’ by ehinmowo: 9:10am On Jul 18, 2020
Swissheart:

You mean you would reject the most qualified candidate because he called you uncle?

People should stop playing God because they are employers. A simple," uncle is not a professional term to use in a professional environment. Try to inculcate professional terms please". Would have safe the day.

This is what you get in a country where 1000 people are chasing one vacancy. People have zero idea about what "human resources" means. They are looking for angels or some superhumans who are perfect in all respects.

(1) (2) (Reply)

SFH Recruiting / 419er's Advertise Fake Vacancy In Thisday! / Mtn Is Recruiting For 21 Positions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.