Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,449 members, 7,808,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:09 PM

Ilashe Beach - One Of The Most Luxurious Beaches In Nigeria - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ilashe Beach - One Of The Most Luxurious Beaches In Nigeria (82658 Views)

Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach / Top 5 Beaches Every Lagosian Must Visit / ₦6.5m Ticket: Inside Crystal Skye, World's Most Luxurious Commercial Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ilashe Beach - One Of The Most Luxurious Beaches In Nigeria by FiddyEn: 2:25am On Jul 22, 2020
Realtalk20:
[s][/s]

Don't go toe to toe with me with baseless arguments out of sentiment because I do not suffer fools

Listen Eko Atlantic is dead ,investors have pulled out few are left ..it's all paper and propaganda

Nigeria needs to get her act right that is one thing that also damaged Lagos

I know more about Eko Atlantic than your busstop media

Hmmm.. Nawa!
Re: Ilashe Beach - One Of The Most Luxurious Beaches In Nigeria by professorPABX: 4:26am On Jul 22, 2020
embarassed
Lakeshizu:
I was at this beach march 2018, the op should have mentioned why getting there was difficult. Most of the beach houses are owned by multinationals operating in Apapa and environs. So staffs takes turn to get the services of their boat/yatch operators.
It was really interesting because I saw many companies operating in Apapa. For the beach house we lodged in we brought everything needed. They don't even sell pure water there, No light but we rented a tiger gen (3k) to power our sound system and charge our gadgets. I love the part of the trip where u will see hundreds of ships entering and leaving the shores of this country, very massive and gigantic. No MTN signal there o��

From Epe to Seme after Badagry Lagos has long stretch of Beach and different Islands. The mentioning of Ilashe Beach somebody said it is expensive because it is on Lagos Island.. From Apapa where you have Snake Island behind Tincan up to Badagry and Seme you have Islands and Beaches. This is different from VI/Lekki/Epe axis.

Somebody said the place is closer to Cameroon Coastal Border with Nigeria which means both of you are talking of different places. Lagos Fairway Buoy is not around that place and Cameroon Water does not extend to that place. I know quite a lot of Islands and beaches along Apapa / Badagry axis, most of them are not developed. The population burden, industrial burden and Port/Maritime activities have damaged the environment from Costain to Apapa to Mile 2 and to Seme. Those areas were very beautiful in 80s and early 90s, very serene environments with low population. With the invasion of Lagos by population explosion and industrial activities, those areas have become jungles. Development of those beaches can only happen when the roads are fully reconstructed and the people organized which is beyond Lagos because of nomadic unitary system of government being operated in Nigeria. I intentionally refused to answer the fool who asked me foolish question that Ojukwu answered in 1967 and which is in Lagos and the entire Southern Nigeria submission at the last National Conference under Jonathan. Nigeria can never work under this system.

Multinationals developed that place for relaxation, some of them have their boats at beach land estate jetty, Apapa. This video which I got on nairaland about the beach, the first thing that surprised the lady was Cows at the beach, the guy diplomatically ignored the question

video
https://www.nairaland.com/4508558/ilashe-beach-lagos-nigeria

Lagos has no control over how cows got to the beach. Remember, those who owns the cow made laws taken the ownership of Lagos waters from Lagos. I believed on the Eko Atlantic City project, somebody has answered him. He said investors are pulling out. I believed the guy is a drunkard. All those comments are just to attack Lagos, the third economic city of Africa populated by strangers who hate her development but just in Lagos to make money.Lagos is in chaos with infrastructures under tension of over use and Lagos is enslaved by constitution.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ilashe Beach - One Of The Most Luxurious Beaches In Nigeria by King44(m): 10:11am On Jul 22, 2020
My I tok watin dey my mind? But considering the fact that this is another man's enterprise... I go to am on a low

I can't waste that huge money for rent and tfare just to end up with something like this... I think one place I would love visit is Obudu cattle ranch in cross river but unfortunately no be beach.

Planning fun activities with my family and paying a visit during festive period would be a dream come through... But shey dat place no go dey messed up already before I ready marry born so?

Our maintenance and replanning culture here is poor

1 Like

Re: Ilashe Beach - One Of The Most Luxurious Beaches In Nigeria by pomide(m): 10:25am On Jul 22, 2020
TheManOfTheYear:
So it's not even as exclusive. Seems like an overrated nonsense. What's the point of paying over one million naira only to get harassed by locals and lack of network (even Wi-Fi?).

I'd rather chill in elegushi

Elegushi sef is shit as well.
Re: Ilashe Beach - One Of The Most Luxurious Beaches In Nigeria by Realtalk20: 11:32am On Jul 22, 2020
[s]
MENELIIK:

I challenge you to back up your claim with evidence. Envy will get the better part of your soul address the other points raised.
[/s]

At this juncture I won't even bother talking with you anymore

Your response shows you are so low level and unexposed that it would be a waste if my valuable time

Your type think anyone's who disagrees with him is either envious or jealous yet you have nothing to show for this perceived anxiety but your own insecurities

You are a waste of time
Re: Ilashe Beach - One Of The Most Luxurious Beaches In Nigeria by oyetpel(m): 11:33am On Jul 22, 2020
The buildings are dirty looking.
zoom in.
Re: Ilashe Beach - One Of The Most Luxurious Beaches In Nigeria by purple2018: 11:35am On Jul 22, 2020
Whats luxurious about this beach? we should learn how to pick the right adjectives when writing. This is just average. When we see luxurious we know, this is average. next pls!

1 Like

Re: Ilashe Beach - One Of The Most Luxurious Beaches In Nigeria by purple2018: 11:47am On Jul 22, 2020
A resort not a beachhouse faa! Wheres the beach?
Re: Ilashe Beach - One Of The Most Luxurious Beaches In Nigeria by Excelinpages(m): 11:48am On Jul 22, 2020
I was expecting to see beachfront pics first ..but hmm
Re: Ilashe Beach - One Of The Most Luxurious Beaches In Nigeria by professorPABX: 1:39pm On Jul 22, 2020
Excelinpages:
I was expecting to see beachfront pics first ..but hmm

Beach front is there. Lagos has beachfronts up to Badagry and Seme. The beach front continues to Cotonou. You find lots of coconut trees there. Development of waterfronts for recreation needs development. One thing is Islands with Atlantic Ocean and Lagoon.

People are just talking based on envy. The multinationals that developed the resort and those expensive yacht owners are not complaining.

In future when illegal immigrants leave and Lagos population reduces, the Lagos beaches can be developed.
Re: Ilashe Beach - One Of The Most Luxurious Beaches In Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 8:28pm On Jul 22, 2020
professorPABX:

Beach front is there. Lagos has beachfronts up to Badagry and Seme. The beach front continues to Cotonou. You find lots of coconut trees there. Development of waterfronts for recreation needs development. One thing is Islands with Atlantic Ocean and Lagoon.

People are just talking based on envy. The multinationals that developed the resort and those expensive yacht owners are not complaining.

In future when illegal immigrants leave and Lagos population reduces, the Lagos beaches can be developed.
who are the legal and illegal immigrants?

1 Like

Re: Ilashe Beach - One Of The Most Luxurious Beaches In Nigeria by tot(f): 9:41pm On Jul 22, 2020
professorPABX:

Just a single line comment, yet your response has gone from 0 to 100 in a sec, inferring all sorts. You better take it easy.
Re: Ilashe Beach - One Of The Most Luxurious Beaches In Nigeria by professorPABX: 4:35am On Jul 23, 2020
tot:

Just a single line comment, yet your response has gone from 0 to 100 in a sec, inferring all sorts. You better take it easy.

A single question could lead to hours of tutorial. If somebody lives in a house built by the oceans and you ask where is the ocean or oceans, it is important you start a tutorial to teach him lesson.

Going to Cotonou from Nigeria, you see a long stretch of beach with coconut trees on the left .This beach starts from Lagos.

Manhattan Beach in California does not come the way it is from heaven, it was developed with billions of dollars. This is the most expensive beach in US.

I was at Calabar when Duke was governor for almost one year shuttling Obudu ranch and Tinapa on projects. I know the amount of investment and commitment by Duke that went into Obudu ranch. Lagos has not taken those beaches as projects or invested on them. They are just there. Any private investor that invested there should be appreciated.

The lesson of Manhattan, Obudu ranch and Lagos waterfront and beaches is that natural endowment must be developed and managed to meet a predetermined purpose.

The natural endowment of Lagos - Islands, Peninsula, Beaches and flat land are yet to be fully developed because of Nigeria which Lagos carries. In future, they would be developed.
Re: Ilashe Beach - One Of The Most Luxurious Beaches In Nigeria by professorPABX: 4:42am On Jul 23, 2020
erico2k2:

who are the legal and illegal immigrants?

The illegal immigrants will know themselves when time comes.
Re: Ilashe Beach - One Of The Most Luxurious Beaches In Nigeria by Akhaz024: 6:55am On Jul 23, 2020
Nice and cool
Re: Ilashe Beach - One Of The Most Luxurious Beaches In Nigeria by tot(f): 9:19am On Jul 23, 2020
professorPABX:

A single question could lead to hours of tutorial. If somebody lives in a house built by the oceans and you ask where is the ocean or oceans, it is important you start a tutorial to teach him lesson.

Going to Cotonou from Nigeria, you see a long stretch of beach with coconut trees on the left .This beach starts from Lagos.

Manhattan Beach in California does not come the way it is from heaven, it was developed with billions of dollars. This is the most expensive beach in US.

I was at Calabar when Duke was governor for almost one year shuttling Obudu ranch and Tinapa on projects. I know the amount of investment and commitment by Duke that went into Obudu ranch. Lagos has not taken those beaches as projects or invested on them. They are just there. Any private investor that invested there should be appreciated.

The lesson of Manhattan, Obudu ranch and Lagos waterfront and beaches is that natural endowment must be developed and managed to meet a predetermined purpose.

The natural endowment of Lagos - Islands, Peninsula, Beaches and flat land are yet to be fully developed because of Nigeria which Lagos carries. In future, they would be developed.

All you've explained does not negate the comments of others on this thread pointing out that Nigeria's tourism standards is below par compared to other countries (including African countries like the Gambia). All you have done is to simply explain WHY but the other commenters' points stand and have nothing to do with envy as you were inferring. Let's learn to take constructive criticism rather than becoming defensive.
Re: Ilashe Beach - One Of The Most Luxurious Beaches In Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 6:17pm On Jul 23, 2020
professorPABX:

The illegal immigrants will know themselves when time comes.
Grow up, this is childish!
Re: Ilashe Beach - One Of The Most Luxurious Beaches In Nigeria by popizaino(m): 6:58pm On Jul 23, 2020
Am I the only one who thinks there isn't an atom of luxury in this beach ?
Re: Ilashe Beach - One Of The Most Luxurious Beaches In Nigeria by professorPABX: 11:07pm On Jul 23, 2020
tot:

All you've explained does not negate the comments of others on this thread pointing out that Nigeria's tourism standards is below par compared to other countries (including African countries like the Gambia). All you have done is to simply explain WHY but the other commenters' points stand and have nothing to do with envy as you were inferring. Let's learn to take constructive criticism rather than becoming defensive.

Have you been to Banjul before? I have been to Banjul. The comments here about a private beach resort developed by multinational companies are out of envy. There are many of such beach resorts in Lagos unknown to people. You are inviting those who spent millions or thousands of dollars to buy yachts and built houses with jetties to come to game reserves built with FG and State government money. Are they not drunkards?

This is not a discussion about tourism development in Nigeria, but an attack against Lagos, the City that feeds them.
Re: Ilashe Beach - One Of The Most Luxurious Beaches In Nigeria by tot(f): 11:15pm On Jul 23, 2020
professorPABX:

Have you been to Banjul before? I have been to Banjul. The comments here about a private beach resort developed by multinational companies are out of envy. There are many of such beach resorts in Lagos unknown to people. You are inviting those who spent millions or thousands of dollars to buy yachts and built houses with jetties to come to game reserves built with FG and State government money. Are they not drunkards?

This is not a discussion about tourism development in Nigeria, but an attack against Lagos, the City that feeds them.

Wow.
You really need to calm down rather than being so emotional. Still don't understand how the comments on this thread translate to envy, unless perhaps there are specific people here that you have issues with, then might be best to thrash it out with them than carrying it around. Not healthy at all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What I Saw in DOWNTOWN, Los Angeles / Broke Lady Offers Lagos Uber Driver Sex In Exchange For Payment. He Refuses / I Just Got To The Gambia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.