Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,169 members, 7,807,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. (14292 Views)

10 Sentences To Make You A Better Thinker / Question You Should Ask Your Child's Lesson Teacher / 20 Question You Should Expect From Jamb’s Novel “independence” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by Juliearth(f): 4:27pm On Jul 17, 2020
allen113:
Watin 34 people they find inside bedroom, na house party? puff all of them joor.

meanwhile my answer is 35 for the same reason stated by the girl above me.

I had to modify my response owing to the fact that the number of people in the room was mentioned after the murderer entered the room. It would have been 35 if the number of people in the room was declared before the murderer came in.
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by Juliearth(f): 4:28pm On Jul 17, 2020
ciscoxx:
3people. 2run away.

Hahahahaah
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by Juliearth(f): 4:33pm On Jul 17, 2020
Openbusiness4:

Nice try but you can't count DEAD people smiley

The riddle says " how many people are in the room" not the number of people alive
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by tbabs10166(m): 4:37pm On Jul 17, 2020
Answer is 5 you killed 30 then you are left with 4 people, then adding yourself makes it 5 people.
Those who are dead should no longer be counted as people (they are no longer living organisms).
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by Juliearth(f): 4:38pm On Jul 17, 2020
dejt4u:
info not sufficient. We don't know the actual number of people inside the bedroom initially..

33, statistic became 34 after the killer came in

We are not sure that those 34 people were actually inside the bedroom

LOL, the originator of this riddle is not Lai Mohammed na, so no need for distrust.

Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by Juliearth(f): 4:40pm On Jul 17, 2020
thesolutions:

31 people. A few escaped.

How did you arrive at 31?
What formula (formulae) did you use?
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by espn(m): 4:41pm On Jul 17, 2020
Openbusiness4:

Nice try but you can't count DEAD people smiley
did you just use dead people?
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by folarr(m): 4:43pm On Jul 17, 2020
@openbusiness4
Baba, what is the answer?
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 17, 2020
Openbusiness4:
You enter a bedroom, there are 34 people.
You kill 30 people. Now how many people are in the bedroom?

35 people.
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by Aircondition(m): 4:49pm On Jul 17, 2020
When you entered there were 34 person's then plus you =35. You killed 30.

How many people are there alltogethr =35.
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by poiunt: 4:57pm On Jul 17, 2020
It is impossible for a lone gun man to kill 30 people in a bedroom filled with 34 people.

They will rush you....the instinct for survival in human, will make them over power you.

You might kill 4 but the rest 30 in that bedroom will over power you.
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 17, 2020
Openbusiness4:

Just one, only you!
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by Openbusiness4: 5:14pm On Jul 17, 2020
folarr:
@openbusiness4
Baba, what is the answer?
he remain small boss. If I drop am now, people that want to try won't do so. Just giving as much people as possible the chance to drop their contribution. But for the record, av seen 1 person don get d answer already. Will still check again whether another person don get am

1 Like

Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by Openbusiness4: 5:17pm On Jul 17, 2020
poiunt:
It is impossible for a lone gun man to kill 30 people in a bedroom filled with 34 people.

They will rush you....the instinct for survival in human, will make them over power you.

You might kill 4 but the rest 30 in that bedroom will over power you.
depends on the weapon oh. Some automatic assault weapons can level 100 people at once sef. May God no let us see bad tin
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by poiunt: 5:24pm On Jul 17, 2020
Openbusiness4:
depends on the weapon oh. Some automatic assault weapons can level 100 people at once sef. May God no let us see bad tin

That is in movies, in real life it is impossible, 100 people aren't stupid, some will take cover and attack you.

This life and death issue.

Survival instinct is very powerful in humans.

If humans are in a tight corner, they will do everything to survive.

1 Like

Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by prezeus(m): 5:25pm On Jul 17, 2020
Gemineye:
Only You undecided
34 people are in the bedroom .
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by folarr(m): 5:26pm On Jul 17, 2020
Openbusiness4:
he remain small boss. If I drop am now, people that want to try won't do so. Just giving as much people as possible the chance to drop their contribution. But for the record, av seen 1 person don get d answer already. Will still check again whether another person don get am
Mention me when you say the answer shaaaaa
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by princetemitee(f): 5:29pm On Jul 17, 2020
35 of cause
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by ChangedMan1999(m): 5:38pm On Jul 17, 2020
hardbody:
the question is asking how many people are in the room, regardless of whether they are alive or dead. Whether someone is alive or dead, they are still a person, therefore the correct answer is 35.

There is an alternative answer that depends on the way i choose to interpret the question. The fact that there are 34 people in the bedroom is stated after the statement that you’ve entered the bedroom. Therefore, someone could assume that there are 34 people in the bedroom only after you’ve entered. In that case, the answer would be 34.

If you disagree with me, argue with your ancestors

Op, I was about to say exactly this, until I saw it.

This is 100% solid.

If the answer is not this, then it is nothing.
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by Rickmann: 5:57pm On Jul 17, 2020
Openbusiness4:

35 people
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by HarunaWest(m): 5:59pm On Jul 17, 2020
Openbusiness4:
There are 34 people in the bedroom... Cos the question didn't tell us that you killed anyone in the bedroom, you might have killed them in a mall, church, prison or farm who knows.
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by Novemberaura(m): 6:01pm On Jul 17, 2020
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by Boludex997(m): 6:03pm On Jul 17, 2020
Openbusiness4:
Let's save ourselves the stress, argument and suspense
Thanks for the intriguing question �

2 Likes

Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by Gemineye: 6:05pm On Jul 17, 2020
prezeus:

34 people are in the bedroom .
undecided
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 17, 2020
Openbusiness4:
To be clear there are only 33 people In the room aside from you.

There would be only 1 person in the bedroom: you

If you kill 30 then the remaining 3 would run away leaving only you in the bedroom.

Simple
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 17, 2020
I sent the riddle to my maths lecturer and he said the answer is undefined, so yeah that's my answer.
The riddle is undefinedcheesy
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by dangoteinlaw: 6:12pm On Jul 17, 2020
Lol here’s the answer: he planned killing them all but only successfully killed 30 b4 he himself was killed so the answer is 3
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 17, 2020
1 or 5 or 31 people..

Out of the three..If none is the correct answer..Then I comment my reservr sad sad
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by dangoteinlaw: 6:16pm On Jul 17, 2020
Rgade:
I sent the riddle to my maths lecturer and he said the answer is undefined, so yeah that's my answer.
The riddle is undefinedcheesy
in mathematics undefined means equal to zero so your lecturer can go fuxk himself lol
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by UndauntedYOCA(f): 6:19pm On Jul 17, 2020
Openbusiness4:
There are still 34 people in the room, 30 people dead and four still alive (you inclusive).
I no get m abi?
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by Openbusiness4: 6:21pm On Jul 17, 2020
Boludex997:

Let's save ourselves the stress, argument and suspense
Thanks for the intriguing question �
Wrong answer! Read the question again! It says there are 34 people, it doesn't say there are 34 people in the bedroom. Try again grin
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by thesolutions(m): 6:23pm On Jul 17, 2020
Juliearth:

How did you arrive at 31?
What formula (formulae) did you use?
hope this is not real analysis.
Mere assumption that 30 people are lying down dead excluding the shooter. But on a real term, there should be 4 persons if the dead are not counted and 34 if they are with the shooter inclusive.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Oau Students' Union Leader Unjustly Suspended By The School Management / ASUU: Crises & Strikes In Varsities Not Over / 1.7 Million Candidates Expected To Sit For 2017 UTME — JAMB Registrar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.