Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,695 members, 7,802,045 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

Graphics Section Competition Ideas - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Graphics Section Competition Ideas (1644 Views)

~An Invitation To All Nairaland's Art & Graphics Section Members~ / Notice To All Nairaland Graphics Section Members(must READ) / Bye-bye To Nairaland Graphics Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Graphics Section Competition Ideas by ugo2u(m): 1:49am On Feb 06, 2011
in my strive to improve this forum, I want to hear of competition ideas you have that may benefit the art community, just something to support up coming graphic artists.
Re: Graphics Section Competition Ideas by OKX(m): 1:27pm On Feb 07, 2011
hi man, i will make allowances 4 d fact dat u obviously mean well n are very anxious 4 change,and i dont mean 2 offend.
My thots r- chill d (bleep!) out.
Art will grow at its pace, if u want 2 influence it- up ur personal game, n post stuff 2 inspire n motivate others.(kudos on ur efforts so far) and realise when talk is unnecessary.

When there r a lot of inspiring work/ inspired and talented artists, inertia is beaten. Progress inevitably follows.
Dont ask 2 hear ideas, to wot end? So u can moderate them?
Just come up with one urself, and throw it out there: if there r no takers- try another, and another.(this goes 2 all of us)

Theres no such thing as a good idea, just an accepted idea (which we then, call good)- n noone can really say with certainty wot d public will accept and participate in, at any given time. There r 2 many variables affecting choices and participation.

All this talk n legislation gets tiring.
Heck, i even read a post where u threatened pulling someones art cos d res was 2 high (in ur opinion) i use a 21" display incidentally.

Easy on d moderating bro.
We dont need mothering, we r adults. if i had an idea-i would just post it, not discuss it.

This is a public forum n we read d rules b4 signing on.

Personally, i think d forum is doing ok. Theres always a calm b4 a flurry of creative activity, then the cycle repeats.
Check d posts n ask wot AdamuW,Graphikdon,Lafem,Xothermik,Moondust,Jydekris etc r doing rite now or where they r.
Prolly busy upping their game, u?

Let ur work do d work! or,
Just do it. lol

again, no offense meant.
Re: Graphics Section Competition Ideas by Aseye(m): 2:48pm On Feb 07, 2011
well said OKX, u really cant influence trying too hard for the forum, many of us have had the hard felt concern also but sometimes you just have to let the thing unfold itself. just like OKX said, why do u think have not posted in here all this while, but still yet i come in to check everyday, been busy and also adding values to maself, plus most jobs i do now are very sensitive and wont drop them in here until the events are out or something. i respect u are a moderator but dont let that stop u urself from improving, there is alot to still learn for us all, do what best is and also let others do theirs, then u will see the progress urself. i respect what u do, most especially ur consistency unlike people like me, keep the good work goin, thanks man.
Re: Graphics Section Competition Ideas by damseremie(m): 12:15am On Feb 08, 2011
AND IT'S A KNOCKOUT!!! LOL

But seriously OKX is on point,
Nuff said,
Re: Graphics Section Competition Ideas by ugo2u(m): 3:03am On Feb 08, 2011
Ok guys, its all good. grin

@Aseye
I cant wait to see your artwork soon
Re: Graphics Section Competition Ideas by zPixel(m): 9:57am On Feb 09, 2011
wow, easy
Re: Graphics Section Competition Ideas by ugo2u(m): 10:57am On Feb 09, 2011
@zpixel
lol, how are you, you have sure been a bit scarce. by the way do you have a deviant page or something?
Re: Graphics Section Competition Ideas by flagship(m): 3:13pm On Feb 09, 2011
*watching the action with a pepsi*
Re: Graphics Section Competition Ideas by ugo2u(m): 5:12pm On Feb 09, 2011
yes oh, my execution lol.
Re: Graphics Section Competition Ideas by zPixel(m): 6:33pm On Feb 10, 2011
@ugo_2u
I'm good, I don't have a deviant page. The only thing i have is a blog that I hardly update.
Re: Graphics Section Competition Ideas by ugo2u(m): 9:04pm On Feb 10, 2011
ok.
Re: Graphics Section Competition Ideas by xothermik(m): 8:45pm On Feb 20, 2011
i could be wrong but by the look of things, the only way you might float a successful competition here on nairaland is if you actually get what is usually expected of competitions. a Prize! its the main reason why top c.g or graphics competitions around the world succeed like the ones on c.g talk. i mean put something like a powerful p.c, or a huge monitor , a wacom tablet or just anything the really determined artists would really want and trust me you will get some serious competitors crawling out of their shells in no time. i know and no i don't expect you to sell your valuables just for the sake of nairaland graphics forum success. but maybe you could talk to some bodies of the benefit of sponsoring such an event. maybe a big or popular computer accessory outlet about the prospects of advertising on the site as its bound to get attention especially if it makes N.L front page. or even maybe convince some organization or person to sponsor it as part of its corporate social responsibilities and maybe expostulate on how you can empower talented Nigerian youth's, develop the industry or maybe just a bare act of eleemosynary, just something to make it seem a worthwhile venture. i might sound crazy but i don't know men i see the big companies sponsoring all kinds of events (some actually quite pointless) and shows. just as long as you can give them a good reason for doing it. might be a long shot but perhaps not impossible.
Re: Graphics Section Competition Ideas by ugo2u(m): 9:09pm On Feb 20, 2011
hmmm, I see you have a point here, but refering to cg talk, ppl were making submissions even without prizes and if prizes is the only motivation then I dont know where graphics is heading in naija, anyway I'll put that into consideration. although if I do so I might as well package it and ship it to CNARIO.
Re: Graphics Section Competition Ideas by xothermik(m): 9:49pm On Feb 20, 2011
ugo_2u:

hmmm,  I see you have a point here, but refering to cg talk, ppl were making submissions even without prizes and if prizes is the only motivation then I dont know where graphics is heading in naija,

if you go through the past competitions and challenges on the graphics section. there are always a few that stilll participate even if there's nothing involved out of no other motivation but personal fulfillment and development. but like i said throw in a juicy stake and it will certainly lure out the wolves. and im not talking just nairalanders. there are a lot of great artists out there that aren't even on this forum. you can find so many of them on facebook e.t.c. just  trust Nigerians with awooooooooooof!
goodluck.
Re: Graphics Section Competition Ideas by ugo2u(m): 10:00pm On Feb 20, 2011
lol! oh well we just have to swim in obscurity till then
Re: Graphics Section Competition Ideas by VICDONOR: 3:10pm On Apr 01, 2013
Hi, ama a newbie to dis site

(1) (Reply)

These Paintings Are So Real, You Will Want To Hug Some Of Them (PHOTOS) / Logo Spoofing / Monogramming, Printing And Clothing @ Inspirat-next Concepts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.