Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,633 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

Nigerian Programmers Are Great - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Nigerian Programmers Are Great (3369 Views)

Why Most Of 9ja Programmers Are Broke / How Nigerian Programmers Make Their Money!!! / Why Programmers Are Single (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by talkcash: 2:41pm On Jul 21, 2020
myles16:

Yes I code, I'm a python programmer with little knowledge of HTML, settled for backend but would love to chip in when it reaches the frontend too
Wow, you know how to code python, I can't code python, because it's really hard I would like to learn from you.
Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by myles16(m): 3:12pm On Jul 21, 2020
talkcash:
Wow, you know how to code python, I can't code python, because it's really hard I would like to learn from you.

Yeah, Django can also be used to build sites, but I haven't entered Django yet, would love to master python 1st...

When you're ready, got plenty python materials and videos too
Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 21, 2020
talkcash:
Just to be honest with u, you are going nowhere, because how can a pessimistic person ever make it in life, look u have to be optimistic to make it in life so that when ever things are not going well your optimistic attitude will make u to keep on pushing to achieve success, or will your pessimistic attitude make you to keep pushing, you have to buckle up oh, be optimistic.
Just so you know. I don't believe success is money, I am an existentialist and a nihilist so, my ideals and the way I view life will shock you beyond proportion.
Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by talkcash: 4:56pm On Jul 21, 2020
SegFault:

Just so you know. I don't believe success is money, I am an existentialist and a nihilist so, my ideals and the way I view life will shock you beyond proportion.
I like the way u think, yes u are correct but which money are you going to use and eat.
Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by talkcash: 5:05pm On Jul 21, 2020
myles16:

Yeah, Django can also be used to build sites, but I haven't entered Django yet, would love to master python 1st...

When you're ready, got plenty python materials and videos too
Chat me up on Facebook, my name is chivicki123.
Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 21, 2020
talkcash:
I like the way u think, yes u are correct but which money are you going to use and eat.
The one I can manage to make nah. This life, I am prepared to live it anyhow it comes.
Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by smartcoders: 7:36am On Jul 22, 2020
Good day,
I can recommend this website developer : https:///n6biac
from whom I design website and other web applications at affordable cost and in time.
Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by agadajerryidoko(m): 11:10am On Jul 22, 2020
SegFault:

Exactly, what I'm saying. We are the worst and we will continue to be the worst simple.

We are not the worst. I sold my sale inventory management software to an American online.
If America has a lot of developers, why he has interest on my ad?
Programming is a skill that require pay at the end of the day.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by talkcash: 3:33pm On Jul 22, 2020
talkcash:
Yes, but can u code? or do graffics or have wonderful ideas, in that way you can contribute.
You can chat me up on WhatsApp now, my WhatsApp number is 09013964851.
Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by talkcash: 3:35pm On Jul 22, 2020
SegFault:

The one I can manage to make nah. This life, I am prepared to live it anyhow it comes.
I like those wise words, and I like people who are ready for life any how it comes.
Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by talkcash: 3:37pm On Jul 22, 2020
talkcash:
Chat me up on Facebook, my name is chivicki123.
Sorry, I made a mistake here chat me up on WhatsApp 09013064851
Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by talkcash: 7:59pm On Jul 22, 2020
talkcash:
Yes, but can u code? or do graffics or have wonderful ideas, in that way you can contribute.
I need brilliant ideas, please if you got any chat me up on WhatsApp, number 09013964851.
Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by talkcash: 8:03pm On Jul 22, 2020
talkcash:
I need brilliant ideas, please if you got any chat me up on WhatsApp, number 09013964851.
I also need people who can code games if you can please chat up this number on WhatsApp 09013964851
Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by talkcash: 2:53pm On Jul 23, 2020
darkdenizen:
Stop decieving urselves.

Nigerian programmers are the worst and that is just the plain truth.

That assertion has been proven time after time. And what the op typed is another proof of the mediocre nature of nigerian programmers.

Just imagine another social network. For what purpose exactly that the existing ones cannot cater to. All you are after is how to charge money for ads. That single thought alone has blocked all the innovative, entreprenuerial, futuristic and problem solving ideas and concepts from filtering through
great indeed
continue decieving urselves. Shior
You should tell that to ur negative self.
Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by Emmyloyalty: 6:12pm On Jul 23, 2020
talkcash:
Just to be clear you are wrong, this is the attitude that will lead Nigerians nowhere, why can't we lead and they will follow.

You seem to be confident. Message me and let's start something on that idea you have.

NB: I don't code games.
Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by talkcash: 6:17pm On Jul 23, 2020
codeigniter:
this arguing won't solve anything, because both of you are strictly talking from POV, it doesn't make anybody right

I believe we're programmer here, we solve problem, a guy suggested social media development which might not be the best option, even if u develop it successfully what hosting cost, marketing, e.t.c development is the least, why do u think Nairaland has so few users despite the fact that there are same people with multiple moniker, apart from bad UI, the old guy is growing organically.

another person suggest alot of ideas that are worth discussing, Nigerian programmers suck because lack of collaboration, and everybody just want to feel superior, after years of coding I realized that I am not that good, I just needed smarts.

every body want to freelance, some even want to build a whole startup for 200,000 - 500,000 alone...

if
let us catch a big fish by working together
else
we will keep nagging and pointing fingers when we are all responsible

Bottom line
let work together to build a tools not SoMedia let change the status quo.

some guy mention Nigeria using others tools

I would rather use others tools than reinvent the wheel
let's link up na, so that we can find a way to combine every thing in one, so that we will make something different and still add social media in it.
Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by talkcash: 6:20pm On Jul 23, 2020
Emmyloyalty:

You seem to be confident. Message me and let's start something on that idea you have.

NB: I don't code games.
Fine, let's chat on WhatsApp.
Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by Emmyloyalty: 6:24pm On Jul 23, 2020
talkcash:
Fine, let's chat on WhatsApp.

Check your WhatsApp. Message sent.
Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by Keizzmann(m): 8:34pm On Jul 23, 2020
SegFault:

We will never be as good as them take it or leave it. Do you know why? The only thing we think about when we write code is money. Now browse GCC, GRUB or any GNU project out there guess what? They are all open source that is they are free. People actually write hundreds of lines of code to give it up for free because they love coding. If you love coding it would feel like a narcotic to you, anytime you do it, it's not always money you'll think about but just how to make something cool. Take the CEO of whatsapp, he quit his job when Mark Zuckerberg with his stupidity like Bill Gates own decided to try to use WhatsApp for money making gains, he simply quit because it is against his standards. If it is a Nigerian, he would go ahead and put ads self to kill it.
Programming is an art, and creative people will always excel at it. Think about it, no Nigerian made OS, no Nigerian made programming language, no Nigerian has made a breakthrough in algorithms to solve problems (algorithms to solve race conditions, parsing algorithms, algorithms to solve deadlocks etc) nothing. We are not innovative simple and as a pessimist I believe it will continue the normal way cheers.

This is a very cold, brutal truth

Take it from a fellow pessimist

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by ProfAmaben(m): 6:55pm On Jul 24, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Since u don't care abt it...then why are u disturbed abt pple that are doing theirs to earn money
1)Lol...So the technologies that u are using was given to u free right?...So what's so bad abt someone using other people ... U are even using Americans as an example...Can u Compare the technological advancement of Nigeria to USA.. when Charles Babbage created the first computer,Africa was thinking abt fighting wars and conquering villages. So u'll Na expect Nigeria to boost past other countries that have been developing ICT for over 200 yrs.. I'm sha waiting for ur own technology... maybe when u do urs..it will be able to leave the corner of ur house... Mtcheew...be there complaining abt Nigeria using other people's technology as if it's only Nigeria that's using it...abeg face ur OS and stop disturbing us
2) Another nonsense talk...So in Nigeria...where there is little or no Jobs , u expect a Nigeria to code for fun..I ask u again...Will fun give him money...Shame nor dey catch u sef... comparing America to Nigeria as if their economy is the same with ours... someone that is coding for fun most likely have other Jobs dey do to support them...or come from a rich family.. Will a jobless Nigerian with only a coding skill think of fun??
U Jus dey talk like say u nor know country wey u dey..If to say na code for fun Mark or Bill Gates dey do...dem for nor become richest in the whole world so wetin u come dey talk again?
3)Ahhh....Osanobua...So a CS student is now an authority for u concerning developers.. U nor even type CS graduate.. Ahh.I seriously hope that CS student is good at what is doing.. otherwise na disgrace for u...CS student wey never enter life...Even if u have to use CS student as an example, u should have at least stated the works that he has done that has advantage of the "so called developers"...has the CS student ever built a well recognised software?...what abt an OS...Na u dey talk abt reading ability and u dey quote CS student like say him na Mark Zuckerberg..
4)So in ur mind... GitHub, Stack overflow don't have Nigerian programmers there...Abeg focus on ur CS abeg...and leave Nigerian developers alone

Don't mind those that always speak bad about Nigeria.

No light to practice, expensive data, Jobs that state Junior Developer with 7years experience in React, C#, Java and Python grin, buying of advanced courses on Coursera etc.

In Germany, from age 7-10, students are segregated into Horschulle (science), arts and crafts, sports and finance. You start coding if in Horschulle from 10 or less than.
How can you compete with them when you wrote your first Hello world at 19 or 30?

Nigerians are hardworking and resilient. Let's not talk down on ourselves.

Nice post

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by ojonugba2014(m): 3:55pm On Jul 26, 2020
There is an opportunity for a sure developer in an international token company.
If you are competent or knows someone who is competent .
Message me on whatapp I have a deal for you
Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by VoidLoop: 2:30pm On Aug 04, 2020
I'm a hardware programmer specialized in electronics. I can do alot within my capacity. Still willing to improve. wink
Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by apochi2010(m): 3:35pm On Aug 04, 2020
VoidLoop:
I'm a hardware programmer specialized in electronics. I can do alot within my capacity. Still willing to improve. wink

Send your resume to info@spunvertek.com.ng
We are looking for hardware programmers and electronics circuit designers.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by VoidLoop: 5:34pm On Aug 04, 2020
apochi2010:

Send your resume to info@spunvertek.com.ng
We are looking for hardware programmers and electronics circuit designers.

Thanks wink
Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by talkcash: 9:53am On Aug 26, 2020
BamideleAdeleke:
can a Python coders be included?
Yes
Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by talkcash: 9:57am On Aug 26, 2020
talkcash:
let's link up na, so that we can find a way to combine every thing in one, so that we will make something different and still add social media in it.
Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by elefind(m): 7:30am On Sep 01, 2020
codeigniter:
this arguing won't solve anything, because both of you are strictly talking from POV, it doesn't make anybody right

I believe we're programmer here, we solve problem, a guy suggested social media development which might not be the best option, even if u develop it successfully what hosting cost, marketing, e.t.c development is the least, why do u think Nairaland has so few users despite the fact that there are same people with multiple moniker, apart from bad UI, the old guy is growing organically.

another person suggest alot of ideas that are worth discussing, Nigerian programmers suck because lack of collaboration, and everybody just want to feel superior, after years of coding I realized that I am not that good, I just needed smarts.

every body want to freelance, some even want to build a whole startup for 200,000 - 500,000 alone...

if
let us catch a big fish by working together
else
we will keep nagging and pointing fingers when we are all responsible

Bottom line
let work together to build a tools not SoMedia let change the status quo.

some guy mention Nigeria using others tools

I would rather use others tools than reinvent the wheel

Sir your points was valid until you said this "some even want to build a whole startup for 200,000 - 500,000 alone".

the word start-up means building a company from scratch with little or no money at the beginning but thinking big in growth.

we don't have all the millions to start a big company but we have the vision, passion and determination to succeed, check out the historical background of Amazon, Google, Facebook, WhatsApp any many other multinational companies of today they all started Scrappy with little or no money before they started they were able to grow big through investors funding.
stop mocking those that are trying their best in doing something meaningful at least it's better than going into fraud or other form of crime, it's better than the image hushpuppi and his gang brought on us as a nation.
please correct that mindset against Nigerian youths, we are doing our best to put food on our table, tell the world we are able because we can't afford to fail.

Bless you Sir.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by stanliwise(m): 4:58pm On Sep 01, 2020
SegFault:

nihilist ? First time I am seeing someone claim such
Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 01, 2020
stanliwise:
nihilist ? First time I am seeing someone claim such
Became one recently. I view life as totally meaningless (there are different classes of nihilism) we are left with the choice of finding our own way in life and choosing our own choices in a world void of answers.
Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by stanliwise(m): 5:28pm On Sep 01, 2020
SegFault:

Became one recently. I view life as totally meaningless (there are different classes of nihilism) we are left with the choice of finding our own way in life and choosing our own choices in a world void of answers.
I actually don’t know what to tell you. But nihilist see no meaning in anything. And at some point could live recklessly. I hope you find a meaning soon enough o.
Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 01, 2020
stanliwise:
I actually don’t know what to tell you. But nihilist see no meaning in anything. And at some point could live recklessly. I hope you find a meaning soon enough o.
That's a moral nihilist, Who believes there is no such thing as morals. I have done a little thinking on morals and realised where it's roots may have come from and I have accepted that there are morals, as for a meaning in life, I unfortunately can't see one, the only thing I've decided to do is to seek for happiness. As for living recklessly, well I don't give a shit as far as I get happiness from it.

I would have loved to go deeper into this but this is a programming thread not a philosophy thread.
Re: Nigerian Programmers Are Great by stanliwise(m): 6:10pm On Sep 01, 2020
SegFault:

That's a moral nihilist, Who believes there is no such thing as morals. I have done a little thinking on morals and realised where it's roots may have come from and I have accepted that there are morals, as for a meaning in life, I unfortunately can't see one, the only thing I've decided to do is to seek for happiness. As for living recklessly, well I don't give a shit as far as I get happiness from it.

I would have loved to go deeper into this but this is a programming thread not a philosophy thread.
yea true a programming thread. I learn everyday though Nice meeting you tho

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Do You Do For A Living? Someone Is Desperate To Patronize You. #getconnecte / Please Can Someone Recommend To Me A Low Budget Laptop For Coding / .net Programmers I Need Your Help O

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.