Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,575 members, 7,801,646 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse (57959 Views)

David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal / Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion / Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by TAYO124: 5:16am On Jul 19, 2020
I wonder how this men select what is beneficial to them from the Old Testament like paying firstfruits offering and tithe payment then with their mouth claim that we are no longer under the law but under grace. God forgive the manipulators.
Why not just begin the animal sacrifices again instead of cheating believers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Kobojunkie: 5:23am On Jul 19, 2020
Chris4sur:

From all you have said, I can see that you are still ignorant. First you should pray to God for the gift of understanding his words not as you wish but as how he wants you to understand them with an open mind.

Then you open your bible, read it from the beginning to the end, letter by letter, word by word, chapter by chapter, books by books, letters by letters, from Old testament to New testament. When you are done if you cannot see where you have been Ignorant. You should continue to pray for understanding and keep reading your bible.

The old testament and the new testament are interwoven and understand is required to truly see the connection. That's all I have to say to you. A Christian does not argue he just speaks the truth. You are free to call my comment what ever you wish I have nothing to say to you.

Below is the tithing law as defined in the Old Covenant... This is the law.... all pieced together, and the word of God commanding you to obey His commandment. Tell us what aspect you have obeyed in your years as a tither

Leviticus 27 vs 30-34 ERV
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
30. “Every tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land or of the fruit of the trees, is the Lord's; it is holy to the Lord.
31. If a man wishes to redeem some of his tithe, he shall add a fifth to it.
32. And every tithe of herds and flocks, every tenth animal of all that pass under the herdsman's staff, shall be holy to the Lord.
33. One shall not differentiate between good or bad, neither shall he make a substitute for it; and if he does substitute for it, then both it and the substitute shall be holy; it shall not be redeemed.”
34. These are the commandments that the Lord commanded Moses for the people of Israel on Mount Sinai.

This is what God told you to do with the Tithe He commanded of you.

Numbers 18 vs 25-29 ERV
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
25. The Lord said to Moses,
26. Speak to the Levites and tell them: The Israelites will give one-tenth of everything they own to the Lord. That one-tenth will belong to the Levites. But you must give one-tenth of that to the Lord as your offering.
27. That tenth will be your offering to the Lord. It will be like grain from your own threshing floor or wine from your own winepress.
28. In this way you will also give an offering to the Lord just as the other Israelites do. You will get the one-tenth that the Israelites give to the Lord, and then you will give one-tenth of that to Aaron the priest.
29. When the Israelites give you one-tenth of everything that they own, then you must give the best and the holiest part of these things as your gift to the Lord.

Deuteronomy 14 vs 22 -29 ERV
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
22 Every year you must be sure to save one-tenth(tithe) of all the crops that grow in your fields.
23 Then you must go to the place the Lord chooses to be the home for his name. You will go there to be with the Lord your God.
At that place you will eat the tenth(tithe) of your crops; one-tenth of your grain, your new wine, your oil, and the first animals born
in your herds and flocks. In this way you will always remember to respect the Lord your God.

24 But that place might be too far for you to travel to. Maybe you will not be able to carry one-tenth(tithe) of all the crops that the
Lord has blessed you with. If that happens,
25 sell that part of your crops and take the money with you to the special place the Lord has chosen.
26 Use the money to buy anything you want; cattle, sheep, wine or beer or any other food Then
you and your family should eat and enjoy yourselves there in that place with the Lord your God.

27 But don't forget the Levites living in your town. Share your food with them because they don't have a share of the land like you
have.
28 At the end of every three years, you must gather one-tenth of your harvest for that year. Store this food in your towns.
29 Keep this food for the Levites, because they don't have any land of their own. Also keep this food for the foreigners, orphans, and
widows who live in your towns. This will provide enough for them to come and eat all they want. If you do this, the Lord your God
will bless you in everything you do.

Deuteronomy 26 vs 12 - 15 ERV
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Every third year is the Year of Tithes. In that year, you must give one-tenth of your harvest to the Levites, to the foreigners living in your country, and to the widows and orphans. Then they will have plenty to eat in every city.
13. You must say to the Lord your God, " I have taken out of my house the holy part of my harvest. I have given it to the Levites, to the foreigners, and to the orphans and widows. I have followed all the commands you gave me. I have not refused to obey any of your commands. I have not forgotten them.
14. I have not eaten this food when I was sad.[c] I was not unclean when I collected this food.[d] I have not offered any of this food for dead people. I have obeyed you, Lord my God. I have done everything you commanded me.
15. Look down from your holy home, from heaven, and bless your people Israel. And bless the land that you gave us. You promised our ancestors to give us this land: a land filled with many good things."

Remember what God said about His commandment and what blessings and curses come to those who obey OR disobey His commandments as Stipulated.

Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Today I have given you a choice between life and death, success and disaster.
16. I command you today to love the Lord your God. I command you to follow him and to obey his commands, laws, and rules. Then you will live, and your nation will grow larger. And the Lord your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take for your own.
17. But if you turn away from your God and refuse to listen, if you are led away to worship and serve other gods,
18. you will be destroyed. I am warning you today, if you turn away from God, you will not live long in that land across the Jordan River that you are ready to enter and take for your own.

Jeremiah 7 vs 21- 23
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
21 This is what the Lord All-Powerful, the God of Israel, says: Go and offer as many burnt offerings and sacrifices as you want. Eat the meat of those sacrifices yourselves.
22 I brought your ancestors out of Egypt. I spoke to them, but I did not give them any commands about burnt offerings and sacrifices.
23 I only gave them this command ,"Obey me and I will be your God, and you will be my people. Do all that I command, and good things will happen to you."

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Kobojunkie: 5:31am On Jul 19, 2020
highflyer012020:
you are simply an anti- bible. every body pays tithe. either to God or to the devil the taskmaster of life. it is a law of life , you cant change it.
Below is the tithing law as defined in the Old Covenant... This is the law.... all pieced together, and the word of God commanding you to obey His commandment. Tell us what aspects you have obeyed in your years as a tither

30. “Every tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land or of the fruit of the trees, is the Lord's; it is holy to the Lord.
32. And every tithe of herds and flocks, every tenth animal of all that pass under the herdsman's staff, shall be holy to the Lord.
33. One shall not differentiate between good or bad, neither shall he make a substitute for it; and if he does substitute for it, then both it and the substitute shall be holy; it shall not be redeemed.”
34. These are the commandments that the Lord commanded Moses for the people of Israel on Mount Sinai.

Numbers 18 vs 25-29 ERV
26. Speak to the Levites and tell them: The Israelites will give one-tenth of everything they own to the Lord. That one-tenth will belong to the Levites. But you must give one-tenth of that to the Lord as your offering.
27. That tenth will be your offering to the Lord. It will be like grain from your own threshing floor or wine from your own winepress.
28. In this way you will also give an offering to the Lord just as the other Israelites do. You will get the one-tenth that the Israelites give to the Lord, and then you will give one-tenth of that to Aaron the priest.
29. When the Israelites give you one-tenth of everything that they own, then you must give the best and the holiest part of these things as your gift to the Lord.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
22 Every year you must be sure to save one-tenth(tithe) of all the crops that grow in your fields.
23 Then you must go to the place the Lord chooses to be the home for his name. You will go there to be with the Lord your God.
At that place you will eat the tenth(tithe) of your crops; one-tenth of your grain, your new wine, your oil, and the first animals born
in your herds and flocks. In this way you will always remember to respect the Lord your God.

24 But that place might be too far for you to travel to. Maybe you will not be able to carry one-tenth(tithe) of all the crops that the
25 sell that part of your crops and take the money with you to the special place the Lord has chosen.
26 Use the money to buy anything you want; cattle, sheep, wine or beer or any other food Then
you and your family should eat and enjoy yourselves there in that place with the Lord your God.

27 But don't forget the Levites living in your town. Share your food with them because they don't have a share of the land like you
have.
28 At the end of every three years, you must gather one-tenth of your harvest for that year. Store this food in your towns.
29 Keep this food for the Levites, because they don't have any land of their own. Also keep this food for the foreigners, orphans, and
widows who live in your towns. This will provide enough for them to come and eat all they want. If you do this, the Lord your God

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Every third year is the Year of Tithes. In that year, you must give one-tenth of your harvest to the Levites, to the foreigners living in your country, and to the widows and orphans. Then they will have plenty to eat in every city.
13. You must say to the Lord your God, " I have taken out of my house the holy part of my harvest. I have given it to the Levites, to the foreigners, and to the orphans and widows. I have followed all the commands you gave me. I have not refused to obey any of your commands. I have not forgotten them.
14. I have not eaten this food when I was sad.[c] I was not unclean when I collected this food.[d] I have not offered any of this food for dead people. I have obeyed you, Lord my God. I have done everything you commanded me.
15. Look down from your holy home, from heaven, and bless your people Israel. And bless the land that you gave us. You promised our ancestors to give us this land: a land filled with many good things."

Remember what God said about His commandment and what blessings and curses come to those who obey OR disobey His commandments as Stipulated.

Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Today I have given you a choice between life and death, success and disaster.
16. I command you today to love the Lord your God. I command you to follow him and to obey his commands, laws, and rules. Then you will live, and your nation will grow larger. And the Lord your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take for your own.
17. But if you turn away from your God and refuse to listen, if you are led away to worship and serve other gods,
18. you will be destroyed. I am warning you today, if you turn away from God, you will not live long in that land across the Jordan River that you are ready to enter and take for your own.

Jeremiah 7 vs 21- 23
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
21 This is what the Lord All-Powerful, the God of Israel, says: Go and offer as many burnt offerings and sacrifices as you want. Eat the meat of those sacrifices yourselves.
22 I brought your ancestors out of Egypt. I spoke to them, but I did not give them any commands about burnt offerings and sacrifices.
23 I only gave them this command ,"Obey me and I will be your God, and you will be my people. Do all that I command, and good things will happen to you."
Abeg make people hear word o'jare~!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Kobojunkie: 5:33am On Jul 19, 2020
Nooil:

Explain Mathew 23:23
Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint and dill and cumin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faithfulness. These you ought to have done, without neglecting the others.
Below is the tithing law as defined in the Old Covenant... This is the law.... all pieced together, and the word of God commanding you to obey His commandment. Tell us what aspect you have obeyed in your years as a tither

Numbers 18 vs 25-29 ERV

have.

Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20

Jeremiah 7 vs 21- 23

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Kobojunkie: 5:34am On Jul 19, 2020
Gpapa77:
Here comes a generation that fears not the Lord, criticizing Pastors that are above them in everything.If you like make Daddy Freezer your Pastor,you will later know that he'll is not coldroom

Numbers 18 vs 25-29 ERV

have.

Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20

Jeremiah 7 vs 21- 23

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Kobojunkie: 5:35am On Jul 19, 2020
delkuf:
Just to let you know, he pays tithe to rccg. Even the church pays tithe too
Below is the tithing law as defined in the Old Covenant... This is the law.... all pieced together, and the word of God commanding you to obey His commandment. Tell us what aspects of the Tithing Law as described in the Bible your Pastor Obeys

Numbers 18 vs 25-29 ERV

have.

Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20

Jeremiah 7 vs 21- 23

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Kobojunkie: 5:36am On Jul 19, 2020
IamgratefulLord:

Tithing works for me!!! God has proven Himself Mighty in my Life. Even if I mistakenly use my tithe for something else, I must repay the tithe (backlog) once I get another money. I can't even sleep well when I don't pay my tithe!! I'm not supposed to tell you this but I still owe God 3,000. I'll pay it when my next money comes. smiley For your information, I'm a school teacher!! smiley

Numbers 18 vs 25-29 ERV

have.

Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20

Jeremiah 7 vs 21- 23

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Kobojunkie: 5:38am On Jul 19, 2020
Standing5:
Isn't Malachi 3:10-11 where devourers were promised to be rebuked supporting the bishop's submission ?

Numbers 18 vs 25-29 ERV

have.

Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20

Jeremiah 7 vs 21- 23

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by mesa2002(m): 7:31am On Jul 19, 2020
another private jet loading

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by jaymichael(m): 8:09am On Jul 19, 2020
Gpapa77:
Here comes a generation that fears not the Lord, criticizing Pastors that are above them in everything.If you like make Daddy Freezer your Pastor,you will later know that he'll is not coldroom
Na God you dey fear or na mere mortal man of flesh and blood like you. All Pastors are to be criticized even Jesus Christ out lord was beaten and spat on so who be one mere mortal pastor wey them no fit criticize? That pastor has no more access to God than you have to him.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 19, 2020
delkuf:
I could give you 2000 likes for this

Thank you. We have to bring their consciousness to the truth they've been denying. Opportunists can never remain Christians. They will drop by the roadside.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Mycommand: 1:13pm On Jul 19, 2020
Oyedepo again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_v3IfDHv98

Hunt27:
Presiding Bishop of Living Faith Church Worldwide popularly known as Winners’ Chapel International, David Oyedepo, via his Twitter account has stated that people who don’t pay tithe are “under a financial curse” and can never prosper.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidOyedepoMin/status/1283693102822125568

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by thymm: 1:59pm On Jul 19, 2020
Kobojunkie:
And the Spirit of God is responsible for guiding you to going against God's own word? Are you even sane at all to suggest that the Spirit of God is responsible for you falling for the lies of yet another one of the false Prophets Jesus warned you against ?

Maybe you didn't get the message. Jesus Christ has fulfilled the obligations/necessity of thithing. I believe and practice freewill giving according to the measure of grace God has given me. If this offends you, then I'm sorry. peace.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by orunto27: 2:06pm On Jul 19, 2020
Oyedepo is a Church. His Judgement belongs to God. He pays his Tithes regularly and that's why he prospers.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by thymm: 2:09pm On Jul 19, 2020
OtemAtum:
This is an epitome of bondage. Enjoy it while it lasts and don't get over-emotional by the time it clears off your face.

I don't pay thithe because Jesus has fulfilled every obligation/necessity of thithing. I believe and practice free will giving. I can give more than half of my earnings to the poor, orphanage, and for the propagation of the gospel of Christ, from my own freewill. it is my choice. I am already connected to Heavens supply by Jesus Christ, not by my money. If you call this bondage, I don't mind

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by OtemAtum: 2:13pm On Jul 19, 2020
thymm:

I don't pay thithe because Jesus has fulfilled every obligation/necessity of thithing. I believe and practice free will giving. I can give more than half of my earnings to the poor, orphanage, and for the propagation of the gospel of Christ, from my own freewill. it is my choice. I am already connected to Heavens supply by Jesus Christ, not by my money. If you call this bondage, I don't mind
Since the bondage is enjoyable by you, then no qualms. cool
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Investnow2017: 3:09pm On Jul 19, 2020
Nooil:

So everything Jesus said we should do passed away at His death too?

When Abraham and Jacob gave one-tenth, were they part of the mosaic law?
You are missing something very fundamental. The central focus of the Scriptures: the prophetic sayings, the law, etc is JESUS CHRIST the Messiah, the Seed or Offspring of the woman mentioned in Genesis 3:15. It is he that will ultimately bring the entire evil work of Satan into nothing, by reversing them all. That is why he said he came to fulfill the Law.
Abraham, Jacob did not carry out any law by paying one tenth which is tithe. But when tithing was enshrined in the Law it was meant to cater for the needs of the Levitical priesthood. That is what came to an end by reason of Jesus' death. The death of Jesus validated a new covenant, and that covenant makes adherence to the requirements of the Law unnecessary including the keeping of the Sabbath and seasonal observances or forbidding of the eating of some meals.
Under the law of Christ, his true disciples give willingly and even give more than one tenth not because they want to obey one law for fear of curse, but because they are moved by LOVE.
Now ask yourself, why do these millionaire or billionaire so-called pastors emphasize tithe? The answer is obvious when you observe their material affluence. They are frauds, they are not men of God.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 19, 2020
Investnow2017:

You are missing something very fundamental. The central focus of the Scriptures: the prophetic sayings, the law, etc is JESUS CHRIST the Messiah, the Seed or Offspring of the woman mentioned in Genesis 3:15. It is he that will ultimately bring the entire evil work of Satan into nothing, by reversing them all. That is why he said he came to fulfill the Law.
Abraham, Jacob did not carry out any law by paying one tenth which is tithe. But when tithing was enshrined in the Law it was meant to cater for the needs of the Levitical priesthood. That is what came to an end by reason of Jesus' death. The death of Jesus validated a new covenant, and that covenant makes adherence to the requirements of the Law unnecessary including the keeping of the Sabbath and seasonal observances or forbidding of the eating of some meals.
Under the law of Christ, his true disciples give willingly and even give more than one tenth not because they want to obey one law for fear of curse, but because they are moved by LOVE.
Now ask yourself, why do these millionaire or billionaire so-called past emphasize tithe? The answer is obvious when you observe their material affluence. They are frauds, they are not men of God.

Read 1 Corinthians 16:1-2 and revert back to me
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Investnow2017: 5:04pm On Jul 19, 2020
Nooil:

Read 1 Corinthians 16:1-2 and revert back to me
I even wanted to quote that Scripture because it substantiate the point I am making. Remember, I have not said you cannot make donation or contribution, that is very different from tithe. Tithe is a requirement of the Law. If you earn N100k for instance, you are required under the tithing law to give off N10k. If you give N9k you have broken the law. But under the law of Christ, you can even give more than N10k as your heart moves you. And you are encouraged to be generous, but not bound by the requirements of the law. Under the as in this example if you give N11k that is no tithe, you can't be said to have kept the law. Do you get the point?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 19, 2020
Investnow2017:

I even wanted to quote that Scripture because it substantiate the point I am making. Remember, I have not said you cannot make donation or contribution, that is very different from tithe. Tithe is a requirement of the Law. If you earn N100k for instance, you are required under the tithing law to give off N10k. If you give N9k you have broken the law. But under the law of Christ, you can even give more than N10k as your heart moves you. And you are encouraged to be generous, but not bound by the requirements of the law. Under the as in this example if you give N11k that is no tithe, you can't be said to have kept the law. Do you get the point?

Do you even understand the concept of tithe? Read Nehemiah 13: 11-12
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Investnow2017: 5:22pm On Jul 19, 2020
Nooil:

Do you even understand the concept of tithe? Read Nehemiah 13: 11-12
I am wondering if you understand too, because it has been overemphasized repeatedly in my submissions.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Kobojunkie: 5:26pm On Jul 19, 2020
orunto27:
Oyedepo is a Church. His Judgement belongs to God. He pays his Tithes regularly and that's why he prospers.
That is not true. He prospers because of God's mercy which is on all men.

Remember, God does not favor any man.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by chijokz(m): 6:34pm On Jul 19, 2020
wirinet:

False doctrine. I know you have been conditioned to believe your salvation is tied to tithes. So I don't expect you to see reason concerning it.

Christ did not come to preach tithes, he never required anyone's tithes, he never taught his disciples to preach tithes.

Christianity is about charity, free giving and empathy for the poor and under privileged. It's not bet9ja where wager money in expectations of a jackpot. It only makes the house (bet9ja or pastor/church ) richer, while the people get poor, with some getting addicted to the wagering itself.
You hit the nail on the head.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by thymm: 7:53pm On Jul 19, 2020
OtemAtum:
Since the bondage is enjoyable by you, then no qualms. cool
You are the one seeing bondage. Enjoy your life of seeing things
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by OtemAtum: 8:07pm On Jul 19, 2020
thymm:

You are the one seeing bondage. Enjoy your life of seeing things
Thanks
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Globad(f): 8:35pm On Jul 19, 2020
silverkings:
There is tithe in new testament

Please stop milking your innocent but ignorant followers
Who is robbing God?

Did Apostles Peter, John, Paul and others rob God for not paying tithe?

The Apostles of the early church didn't pay, or collect or even preach tithing.

The apostle Paul was the minister to the heathen or gentiles(GAL.2:9), and didn't preach, pay, or collect tithe, how then did the idea of tithing in the New Testament church come to you?

Also, after the Jerusalem conference(see ACTS 15:22-29) the apostles sent Judas and Silas to accompany Paul and Barnabas to deliver the message and outcome of the conference to the gentile believers in Anthioch on how to lead the christian life, tithing was not mentioned; how did the idea of tithing find it's way into the New Testament church?

I am willing to carefully study any New Testament scripture that requires the christian believer to tithe. Please help me by citing such a scripture, but please make no mention of MALACHI chapter 3 to me.

Reason being that the subject matter of tithing is not mentioned in only MALACHI chapter 3.

My question is, how did the church come to adopt only MALACHI chapter 3:8-11 for tithing and deliberately omit NUMBERS 18:21 and DEUTERONOMY chapter 14:22-29, which also talk about tithing?

Listen, no body in the New Testament church is robbing God for not paying tithe. Jesus did not pay, collect or preach tithing. The only instance when Jesus taught on tithing(MAT.23:23) was a rebuke to the Scribes and Pharisees, people under the law, who "omitted the weightier matters.

A generous heart comes from a grateful heart, generosity is always rewarded by God.

God loves a cheerful giver and that is what the New Testament teaches not tithings.

Tithe is works tagged to self-righteousness, a filthy rag before our Father in Heaven. Tithing is business, a mind built for returns not Grace.

Dwelling on tithes rubbishes grace.

Moreover, The tithe in Malachi 3 was all for the rebuild of Israel then.

Dwell more on cheerfulness, it builds in man's mind the likeness of God.

For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God.

Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt. But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, For if those who are of the law are heirs, faith is made void and the promise made of no effect,
Romans 4:2‭, ‬4‭-‬5‭, ‬14

This is the position of New Testament to all Christians:-

"So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver".
II Corinthians 9:7

"Necessity" in the above verse is a precept made doctrines of today's church and harped upon by overseers of these churches today.

-Rabboni Ayoola Oriowo
BB State Chaplain
Oyo State Council.
Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Kobojunkie: 8:37pm On Jul 19, 2020
silverkings:
There is tithe in new testament
Where? undecided
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 19, 2020
Investnow2017:

I am wondering if you understand too, because it has been overemphasized repeatedly in my submissions.

What was the collection in 1 Corin 6:1-2 meant for? Was the collection mandatory or not?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Investnow2017: 10:47pm On Jul 19, 2020
Nooil:

What was the collection in 1 Corin 6:1-2 meant for? Was the collection mandatory or not?
The principle regarding donations or contribution under the law of Christ is well enunciated at 2nd Cor.9:5-7 which reads in part:5 "So I thought it necessary to encourage the brothers to come to you ahead of time and to get your promised bountiful gift ready in advance, so that this might be ready as a generous gift, and not as something extorted.But as to this, whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. 7 Let each one do just as he has resolved in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver."

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by silverkings: 11:14pm On Jul 19, 2020
Globad:

Please stop milking your innocent but ignorant followers
Who is robbing God?

Did Apostles Peter, John, Paul and others rob God for not paying tithe?

The Apostles of the early church didn't pay, or collect or even preach tithing.

The apostle Paul was the minister to the heathen or gentiles(GAL.2:9), and didn't preach, pay, or collect tithe, how then did the idea of tithing in the New Testament church come to you?

Also, after the Jerusalem conference(see ACTS 15:22-29) the apostles sent Judas and Silas to accompany Paul and Barnabas to deliver the message and outcome of the conference to the gentile believers in Anthioch on how to lead the christian life, tithing was not mentioned; how did the idea of tithing find it's way into the New Testament church?

I am willing to carefully study any New Testament scripture that requires the christian believer to tithe. Please help me by citing such a scripture, but please make no mention of MALACHI chapter 3 to me.

Reason being that the subject matter of tithing is not mentioned in only MALACHI chapter 3.

My question is, how did the church come to adopt only MALACHI chapter 3:8-11 for tithing and deliberately omit NUMBERS 18:21 and DEUTERONOMY chapter 14:22-29, which also talk about tithing?

Listen, no body in the New Testament church is robbing God for not paying tithe. Jesus did not pay, collect or preach tithing. The only instance when Jesus taught on tithing(MAT.23:23) was a rebuke to the Scribes and Pharisees, people under the law, who "omitted the weightier matters.

A generous heart comes from a grateful heart, generosity is always rewarded by God.

God loves a cheerful giver and that is what the New Testament teaches not tithings.

Tithe is works tagged to self-righteousness, a filthy rag before our Father in Heaven. Tithing is business, a mind built for returns not Grace.

Dwelling on tithes rubbishes grace.

Moreover, The tithe in Malachi 3 was all for the rebuild of Israel then.

Dwell more on cheerfulness, it builds in man's mind the likeness of God.

For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God.

Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt. But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, For if those who are of the law are heirs, faith is made void and the promise made of no effect,
Romans 4:2‭, ‬4‭-‬5‭, ‬14

This is the position of New Testament to all Christians:-

"So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver".
II Corinthians 9:7

"Necessity" in the above verse is a precept made doctrines of today's church and harped upon by overseers of these churches today.

-Rabboni Ayoola Oriowo
BB State Chaplain
Oyo State Council.
Nigeria.
Please I answered the above question. Matthew 23:23 addressed tithing to my satisfaction. That is where tithe is mentioned in the new testament to my satisfaction.

How did you know that I'm a Boys' Brigade member?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Nobody: 1:44am On Jul 20, 2020
Investnow2017:

The principle regarding donations or contribution under the law of Christ is well enunciated at 2nd Cor.9:5-7 which reads in part:5 "So I thought it necessary to encourage the brothers to come to you ahead of time and to get your promised bountiful gift ready in advance, so that this might be ready as a generous gift, and not as something extorted.But as to this, whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. 7 Let each one do just as he has resolved in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver."

And 1 Corin 6:1-2? Do you know collection is different from gifts? It says promised gifts, which is different from collection.

1 Corin 6:1-2 was clear on how they wanted the collection to go. No one gives you such instruction when they're expecting it as a gift from you.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Investnow2017: 1:57am On Jul 20, 2020
Nooil:

And 1 Corin 6:1-2? Do you know collection is different from gifts? It says promised gifts, which is different from collection.

1 Corin 6:1-2 was clear on how they wanted the collection to go. No one gives you such instruction when they're expecting it as a gift from you.
What is your point really?

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Jenna Presley (Pornographic-Star) Finds Jesus / Hidden Camera Exposes Nigerian Priest Performing Fake Miracle At Crusade / Pig's Head Buried At A Shop In Ipaja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 202
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.