Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,490 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

BBNaija 2020 Live Updates Thread - TV/Movies (10515) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / BBNaija 2020 Live Updates Thread (4960060 Views)

Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10512) (10513) (10514) (10515) (10516) (10517) (10518) ... (10925) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBNaija 2020 Live Updates Thread by EricaNyash: 7:37pm On May 05, 2021
Bestcreamreview:
I never said only talent was necessary oga, you're digressing, he said Omah lay's hype has died and I argued that he is still very hot, that's all my argument centered around, nobody talked about struggles or talent.

My point was that twitter trends don't determine an artiste's success, you can trend everyday and majority of people will still ignore your music when it drops, so you can't judge how big an artiste is by just twitter trends, some people hardly trend unless they're involved in a controversy but when they drop a song, everywhere go scatter.

You're busy arguing about talent, record label etc.. my whole point was that Omah lay is big, he is blown and is still one of the hottest artistes right now, that's all. Also, there's nothing wrong with your music trending more than you, some people aren't even interested in fame, they just want people to hear and appreciate their music. It took people a while to know the face behind omah lay's music but he was still bigger than Laycon before the twitter comparisons, his ep had over 120 million streams on all platforms before BBN even ended. Bad Influence was #1 on apple music, Audiomack and boom play for almost 10 weeks before that twitter argument.

He's still big currently and anything he drops will top charts easily so what that guy said about his hype dying after being compared to Laycon is completely false!

I doubt if your fellow Hoelites will agree with you on this since Twitter trends is y'all only bragging right..

1 Like

Re: BBNaija 2020 Live Updates Thread by Bestcreamreview: 7:39pm On May 05, 2021
EricaNyash:

I doubt if your fellow Hoelites will agree with you on this since Twitter trends is y'all only bragging right..
check my past posts oga, I have always supported Laycon, this argument is strictly about that guy saying Omah lay's hype has died, I have nothing against Laycon

2 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2020 Live Updates Thread by youngpresidooo: 7:41pm On May 05, 2021
Bestcreamreview:
check my past posts oga, I have always supported Laycon, this argument is strictly about that guy saying Omah lay's hype has died, I have nothing against Laycon
ok I get your argument now.

1 Like

Re: BBNaija 2020 Live Updates Thread by SoiSoi13(f): 7:42pm On May 05, 2021
ForecastingICON:
Their is no way this woman isn't less than 37.

All na official age na
We be no

2 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2020 Live Updates Thread by EricaNyash: 7:44pm On May 05, 2021
Bestcreamreview:

My main argument is strictly about your last post that had the bolded!..

My point was that twitter trends don't determine an artiste's success

1 Like

Re: BBNaija 2020 Live Updates Thread by Nobody: 7:49pm On May 05, 2021
SoiSoi13:

All na official age na
We be no
cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: BBNaija 2020 Live Updates Thread by Allnacruise(m): 7:51pm On May 05, 2021
Steady!!!!

7 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2020 Live Updates Thread by Nobody: 7:54pm On May 05, 2021
SoiSoi13:

Kidd will pay for her na
I no sure about that considering they are no longer an item grin
Re: BBNaija 2020 Live Updates Thread by JohnnyPalmer: 8:02pm On May 05, 2021
Bestcreamreview:
I like Laycon but the thing you said about omah lay is a very big lie. Omah lay is still the hottest artiste in Nigeria right now, he gave Ajebo hustlers their first #1 song ever, His feature with gyakie is doing very well on charts across the country (got over 4 million youtube views in a month, it was #3 on billboard global triller chart and it also entered uk afrobeat chart) and his solo songs are still doing numbers despite being released last year.

Just last month, justin bieber posted his song on IG and followed him, you think success in the music industry is all about forced twitter trends by fans? Omah lay's hype hasn't died one bit, he hasn't released any solo song this year, just features and both features topped charts massively, his spotify listeners are growing fast (over 1 million now), he recently became one of the most followed african artiste on Audiomack and was named as one of the best digital selling artiste in Nigeria globally. That comparison with Laycon was actually an insult to him (no hate to Laycon), he was doing wayyyyy better than Laycon before the comparison and is still doing wayyyyy better, infact he is considered an A-list artiste now because anything he drops will top charts easily even without forced trends, he hardly even posts on social media but check his Instagram engagements and 2021 streams. You people can talk trash about Blaqbonez but leave Omah Lay alone.

By the way, Omah lay's greatest twitter trend was the Uganda saga and the day Jadon Sancho posted a video of himself introducing his friends to Omah lay's bad influence song. Oscar winner Daniel Kaluuya (from the movies black panther and Get out) also mentioned Omah lay during an interview and talked about how much he loves his songs

I respect your input honestly

I like omah lay

And I'm not comparing

I can't even compare them both

Their genre is different

But I'll still stand by what I said

One of his greatest highlights was being compared with Laycon

He trended organically
It created more awareness on him
Many Nigerians didn't know omah lay till then

And when he won headies... It was laycon's shoes and performance, wizkid, bella gramatical error that was the talk of the night, not omah lay

His music is more popular than him as an artiste

That's why Laycon has more followers than him on social media platforms

In layman's term... Laycon is more popular than omah lay

3 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2020 Live Updates Thread by Tatiana4u: 8:05pm On May 05, 2021
youngpresidooo:
I wonder who feed you with lies.
Like troll with facts
Haba
It's becoming disgusting
Avoid my posts and getat of my mention !
Re: BBNaija 2020 Live Updates Thread by iconiclady: 8:42pm On May 05, 2021
Allnacruise:
Steady!!!!

god in human body

4 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2020 Live Updates Thread by Bestcreamreview: 8:48pm On May 05, 2021
JohnnyPalmer:

I respect your input honestly

I like omah lay

And I'm not comparing

I can't even compare them both

Their genre is different

But I'll still stand by what I said

One of his greatest highlights was being compared with Laycon

He trended organically
It created more awareness on him
Many Nigerians didn't know omah lay till then

And when he won headies... It was laycon's shoes and performance, wizkid, bella gramatical error that was the talk of the night, not omah lay

His music is more popular than him as an artiste

That's why Laycon has more followers than him on social media platforms

In layman's term... Laycon is more popular than omah lay

SOME Nigerians didn't know Omah Lay before the comparison, not MANY NIGERIANS please. I literally discovered him because everyone was talking about him and how good he was! I was forced to check him out because people wouldn't stop talking about him.

And for your song to top charts for 10 weeks plus, then many people must be aware of you and your music. Before the Laycon incident, he trended organically when an international footballer posted the reaction of his friends to Bad Influence, he also trended organically for his verse on Wizkid's song and when BET named him their international artist of the month.

He also trended after winning next rated but not too much because it was a well-deserved award, nothing shocking or controversial about him winning next rated, everyone was rooting for him, everyone expected it.

When it comes to social media followers, comparing artistes that blew through music to BBN stars is very unfair, BBN makes people stars overnight. Laycon currently has more Instagram followers than Rema, Joeboy and Fireboy.

For musicians, I think followers on streaming platforms (Spotify, Audiomack, Youtube, Boom play etc) is a better determinant of popularity. I'm not sure Wizkid had as much followers as Laycon when he blew up, but look at him now. Musicians who blow through music alone have to build their fanbase and followers gradually, BBN stars get huge fanbases and followers on a platter of gold.

5 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2020 Live Updates Thread by Nomyth: 8:49pm On May 05, 2021
Allnacruise:
Steady!!!!

This thing no sweet iconvicts oooo or why are they not talking about this.

Playing second fiddle to Erica can be frustrating.

1 Like

Re: BBNaija 2020 Live Updates Thread by CRUISETOPIAVP: 8:53pm On May 05, 2021
Allnacruise:
Steady!!!!
Laycon is so smart sha.

He pushed all his international engagements till after album release. Smart period to promote his album in those countries.

I Stan an intelligent king!

6 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2020 Live Updates Thread by CRUISETOPIAVP: 8:55pm On May 05, 2021
youngpresidooo:
I wonder who feed you with lies.
Like troll with facts
Haba
It's becoming disgusting
That's the only way to make her dead brain feel better. As no trolling material dey again, she's either searching for tears of her fellow pained hoelites on Twitter and nairaland or cooking up different lies to troll.

6 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2020 Live Updates Thread by Bestcreamreview: 9:02pm On May 05, 2021
EricaNyash:

My main argument is strictly about your last post that had the bolded!..

My point was that twitter trends don't determine an artiste's success

but you called me a hoelite. Having a different opinion from an icon doesn't automatically make someone an elite. BBN fanbase isn't cult, we can have different opinions and still support the same person.

2 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2020 Live Updates Thread by Nobody: 9:09pm On May 05, 2021
Bestcreamreview:
but you called me a hoelite. Having a different opinion from an icon doesn't automatically make someone an elite. BBN fanbase isn't cult, we can have different opinions and still support the same person.
Not saying you a hoelite but it makes sense why someone will think so, As you introduced yourself here by attacking an icon's submission.

1 Like

Re: BBNaija 2020 Live Updates Thread by EricaNyash: 9:14pm On May 05, 2021
Bestcreamreview:

You are digressing!..

1 Like

Re: BBNaija 2020 Live Updates Thread by Tatiana4u: 9:22pm On May 05, 2021
So,anyone who goes against laycon automatically becomes and Elite?
Smh.

2 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2020 Live Updates Thread by Nobody: 9:25pm On May 05, 2021
Tatiana4u:
So,anyone who goes against laycon automatically becomes and Elite?
Smh.
Yes!
Being that it's only you hoelites that have issues with laycon at the moment.
Re: BBNaija 2020 Live Updates Thread by Tatiana4u: 9:29pm On May 05, 2021
While their fave's yet to get verified on Twitter, Erica's Achieved something bigger!
She's now the first reality TV star in Africa to have a Twitter topic and guess what,she's 1st and only actress in Nigeria to achieve that and the 5th Nigerian to achieve that...can your faves ever?
This is someone who was insulted,misunderstood, condemned and castigated for being real.
This is someone who was disqualified by man but qualified by God!
Erica Blessing Ugomma Nlewedim is a child of grace and I am so proud of stanning her!

3 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2020 Live Updates Thread by youngpresidooo: 9:35pm On May 05, 2021
Tatiana4u:

Avoid my posts and getat of my mention !
come and hold my phone na

2 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2020 Live Updates Thread by Tatiana4u: 9:38pm On May 05, 2021
Before you cho cho cho in my mention, is your fave verified?
Is your fave a Twitter topic?
Kwa kwa kwa kwa

1 Like

Re: BBNaija 2020 Live Updates Thread by youngpresidooo: 9:39pm On May 05, 2021
Bestcreamreview:
SOME Nigerians didn't know Omah Lay before the comparison, not MANY NIGERIANS please. I literally discovered him because everyone was talking about him and how good he was! I was forced to check him out because people wouldn't stop talking about him.

And for your song to top charts for 10 weeks plus, then many people must be aware of you and your music. Before the Laycon incident, he trended organically when an international footballer posted the reaction of his friends to Bad Influence, he also trended organically for his verse on Wizkid's song and when BET named him their international artist of the month.

He also trended after winning next rated but not too much because it was a well-deserved award, nothing shocking or controversial about him winning next rated, everyone was rooting for him, everyone expected it.

When it comes to social media followers, comparing artistes that blew through music to BBN stars is very unfair, BBN makes people stars overnight. Laycon currently has more Instagram followers than Rema, Joeboy and Fireboy.

For musicians, I think followers on streaming platforms (Spotify, Audiomack, Youtube, Boom play etc) is a better determinant of popularity. I'm not sure Wizkid had as much followers as Laycon when he blew up, but look at him now. Musicians who blow through music alone have to build their fanbase and followers gradually, BBN stars get huge fanbases and followers on a platter of gold.
that's not true.
I can mention many songs that are popular than the artist
E.g romeo,jerusalema,thunder fire you,ijoya.
I can keep on mentioning.
He was never known until the comparison, many people kept on asking who he was that day.

2 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2020 Live Updates Thread by iconiclady: 9:41pm On May 05, 2021
youngpresidooo:
come and hold my phone na

Lol grin

2 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2020 Live Updates Thread by youngpresidooo: 9:42pm On May 05, 2021
Bestcreamreview:

and not all musicians that blew has a fan base building a fanbase is different from blowing as a musician.
Infact wat sustain musicians popularity now is fanbase and that is what omahlay is missing. He is trending now but if he doesn't build a fan base that you put rubbish or not you blow, he will also go into extinction just like the way korede bello went and many others .
Korede bello latest music's are top notch but no one listen to them

2 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2020 Live Updates Thread by Tatiana4u: 9:44pm On May 05, 2021
Do you know how huge it is to be a Twitter topic?
ERICA NLEWEDIM, First bbn housemate to be a household name on Twitter!
We did it guys.

1 Like

Re: BBNaija 2020 Live Updates Thread by Nobody: 9:45pm On May 05, 2021
Tatiana4u:
Before you cho cho cho in my mention, is your fave verified?
Is your fave a Twitter topic?
Kwa kwa kwa kwa
My fave is not only verified on twitter but also ur faves grand papa on that twitter and every platform in the entire universe.

5 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2020 Live Updates Thread by Tatiana4u: 9:50pm On May 05, 2021
They removed the swords,hoping to be verified but Jack made Erica a Topic of discussion on Twitter instead.
Kwa kwa kwa kwakwa

1 Like

Re: BBNaija 2020 Live Updates Thread by Tatiana4u: 9:51pm On May 05, 2021
Twitter verification plus Twitter topic.
Double homicide for our neighbours!
Kwa kwa kwa kwa
E stranglate!!

1 Like

Re: BBNaija 2020 Live Updates Thread by CRUISETOPIAVP: 9:54pm On May 05, 2021
youngpresidooo:
and not all musicians that blew has a fan base building a fanbase is different from blowing as a musician.
Infact wat sustain musicians popularity now is fanbase and that is what omahlay is missing. He is trending now but if he doesn't build a fan base that you put rubbish or not you blow, he will also go into extinction just like the way korede bello went and many others .
Korede bello latest music's are top notch but no one listen to them
Fanbase dey very key oo. Same thing kiss Daniel is missing. He faded so fast.

Na why blaqbonez dey famz Wizkid and wizkid FC at every opportunity.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10512) (10513) (10514) (10515) (10516) (10517) (10518) ... (10925) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.