Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

Thread To Thank God For Saving Nigeria, Africa From Full Impact Of Fatal Covid19 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Thread To Thank God For Saving Nigeria, Africa From Full Impact Of Fatal Covid19 (493 Views)

Nairalanders! Arise And Join the Faithfuls In Saving NIGERIA / 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For / Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread To Thank God For Saving Nigeria, Africa From Full Impact Of Fatal Covid19 by BackllGodNaija: 11:03am On Jul 18, 2020
What I witnessed on my way to a very busy market during midweek, reminded me of a statement I made over four months ago after observing what Covid-19 was doing to the most developed nations in the world. I'd said to some guys while we were following the events on cable sat TV, "Na only God fit help Africa... because if not, we are doomed! Africa no get anything". Africa didn't even have what those developed nations were using to protect themselves, yet it could be seen how helpless they were to stop the havoc that Covid-19 was unleashing on their citizens that some of them had no choice but to cry out for help. So how much more helpless Africa if it made landfall with the same kind of deadly blows? E for no dey easy I tell you. Wetin eye for see, mouth for no fit talk am. Imagine dead bodies literally littering every where?

So when instead of dead bodies, i saw those of the living going about their daily business as usual, hardly observing the social distancing rules or wearing face masks, almost as though Covid-19 was non-existent in Nigeria, it confirmed what I already knew, that God had come to the rescue of those of us in helpless Nigeria and Africa as a whole. Because this outcome which is Africa-wide has defied the grim predictions of the expatriates, scientists, including WHO officials who saw Africa as the next epicenter of the pandemic especially because they lacked the adequate health care systems of the developed nations among other things. So they kept waiting, waiting, and up til now which is over four months later, they're still waiting for what happened to the likes of Italy, China, Spain, the US and the UK and much worse to happen in Africa but it seems with every passing day, that they got their calculations about Africa wrong.

What makes this low outcome of fatality even more confounding is the fact that Covid-19 has been observed in other parts of the world to be killing black people at a significantly higher rate that those of other groups. There's also the additional factor of temperatures which have crashed in most parts of Africa with the coming of the rainy season getting to 2 or more months now, as some considered the higher temperatures as factorial in slowing down the virus in African regions, but still yet no show. So it more like a case of God using the foolish things of this world to confound the wise, and the weak things to confound the mighty.

Therefore I thought it was an occasion that warranted thanks giving to God for saving Nigeria and the rest of Africa from being hit with the full force of the deadly Covid-19 virus. I believe that if we are grateful to Him for the one He's already done, He would do even more and finish the good work He started. So that from the amount of deaths and cases that there are presently in Nigeria and Africa as a whole, it would get to zero cases and deaths in no time, and our thanksgiving would outlast Covid-19 in Nigeria and the rest of Africa. Also let's not forget to put our brothers and sisters in other parts of the world in our prayers, so that God would help them to overcome this deadly scourge as well.

I thank you Lord for the mighty work You've done to help those of us here in Nigeria and Africa from feeling the full force of the deadly virus. I'm not ignorant of the good thing You've done for us, neither am I an ingrate, because I have a considerable idea of how it would have panned out if not for your help, so I'm not going to take it for granted. It would have given the children of the devil another reason to blaspheme but thank You Lord for putting them to shame. I also pray that you help those in other parts of the world especially those finding it very hard to contain the virus so that they'd be able to overcome it as well. Thank you heavenly Father for I believe you've heard me. In Jesus name.

2 Likes

Re: Thread To Thank God For Saving Nigeria, Africa From Full Impact Of Fatal Covid19 by Khayceeofficial(m): 11:25am On Jul 18, 2020
Africa is favoured if not for the Leaders Dealers we have ravaging and destroying this continent

Thank you God for your mercy towards us

2 Likes

Re: Thread To Thank God For Saving Nigeria, Africa From Full Impact Of Fatal Covid19 by kingxsamz(m): 11:29am On Jul 18, 2020
We should also thank him for the children dying from malaria daily.

3 Likes

Re: Thread To Thank God For Saving Nigeria, Africa From Full Impact Of Fatal Covid19 by Image123(m): 11:57am On Jul 18, 2020
kingxsamz:

Of course, in everything we thank God.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread To Thank God For Saving Nigeria, Africa From Full Impact Of Fatal Covid19 by OloshoMan: 6:02pm On Jul 18, 2020
People are dying over here you dumbass nigga
Re: Thread To Thank God For Saving Nigeria, Africa From Full Impact Of Fatal Covid19 by BackllGodNaija: 6:48am On Jul 19, 2020
Khayceeofficial:
Africa is favoured if not for the Leaders Dealers we have ravaging and destroying this continent

Thank you God for your mercy towards us
Amen!
Re: Thread To Thank God For Saving Nigeria, Africa From Full Impact Of Fatal Covid19 by BackllGodNaija: 6:48am On Jul 19, 2020
Image123:

Of course, in everything we thank God.
Amen!
Re: Thread To Thank God For Saving Nigeria, Africa From Full Impact Of Fatal Covid19 by BackllGodNaija: 12:31pm On Jul 25, 2020
Thank you Father. I can't take what you did for granted
Re: Thread To Thank God For Saving Nigeria, Africa From Full Impact Of Fatal Covid19 by HappyPagan: 2:42pm On Jul 25, 2020
BackllGodNaija:
Thank you Father. I can't take what you did for granted
What exactly did He do?
Re: Thread To Thank God For Saving Nigeria, Africa From Full Impact Of Fatal Covid19 by frank317: 5:04pm On Jul 25, 2020
Thanking a useless idea in ur head... Someone that cannot even say 'u are welcome' when u thank him, what can he do?

So those who have lost people to covid 19 in Nigeria who should they thank?

1 Like

Re: Thread To Thank God For Saving Nigeria, Africa From Full Impact Of Fatal Covid19 by BackllGodNaija: 8:56pm On Jul 25, 2020
HappyPagan:

What exactly did He do?
He gave you a brain for you to ask that question

2 Likes

Re: Thread To Thank God For Saving Nigeria, Africa From Full Impact Of Fatal Covid19 by BackllGodNaija: 8:58pm On Jul 25, 2020
frank317:
Thanking a useless idea in ur head... Someone that cannot even say 'u are welcome' when u thank him, what can he do?

So those who have lost people to covid 19 in Nigeria who should they thank?
Thank Him for not making you brainless for calling Him such...
Re: Thread To Thank God For Saving Nigeria, Africa From Full Impact Of Fatal Covid19 by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jul 25, 2020
In everything and for everything, l give God praise.

1 Like

Re: Thread To Thank God For Saving Nigeria, Africa From Full Impact Of Fatal Covid19 by FatherOfJesus: 10:24pm On Jul 25, 2020
kingxsamz:
I receive all your thanks

1 Like

Re: Thread To Thank God For Saving Nigeria, Africa From Full Impact Of Fatal Covid19 by FatherOfJesus: 10:26pm On Jul 25, 2020
If your country had a proper database, you would have no cause to thank me. grin
Re: Thread To Thank God For Saving Nigeria, Africa From Full Impact Of Fatal Covid19 by BackllGodNaija: 1:44pm On Jul 26, 2020
Bodydialect57:
In everything and for everything, l give God praise
Yes oh! He deserves it.

1 Like

Re: Thread To Thank God For Saving Nigeria, Africa From Full Impact Of Fatal Covid19 by BackllGodNaija: 11:29pm On Jul 26, 2020
FatherOfJesus:
If your country had a proper database, you would have no cause to thank me. grin
Nairaland fatherofjesus, thank God for the brain He gave you which you're being a waste of.

1 Like

Re: Thread To Thank God For Saving Nigeria, Africa From Full Impact Of Fatal Covid19 by Crieff(m): 11:40pm On Jul 26, 2020
BackllGodNaija:
What I witnessed on my way to a very busy market during midweek, reminded me of a statement I made over four months ago after observing what Covid-19 was doing to the most developed nations in the world. I'd said to some guys while we were following the events on cable sat TV, "Na only God fit help Africa... because if not, we are doomed! Africa no get anything". Africa didn't even have what those developed nations were using to protect themselves, yet it could be seen how helpless they were to stop the havoc that Covid-19 was unleashing on their citizens that some of them had no choice but to cry out for help. So how much more helpless Africa if it made landfall with the same kind of deadly blows? E for no dey easy I tell you. Wetin eye for see, mouth for no fit talk am. Imagine dead bodies literally littering every where?

So when instead of dead bodies, i saw those of the living going about their daily business as usual, hardly observing the social distancing rules or wearing face masks, almost as though Covid-19 was non-existent in Nigeria, it confirmed what I already knew, that God had come to the rescue of those of us in helpless Nigeria and Africa as a whole. Because this outcome which is Africa-wide has defied the grim predictions of the expatriates, scientists, including WHO officials who saw Africa as the next epicenter of the pandemic especially because they lacked the adequate health care systems of the developed nations among other things. So they kept waiting, waiting, and up til now which is over four months later, they're still waiting for what happened to the likes of Italy, China, Spain, the US and the UK and much worse to happen in Africa but it seems with every passing day, that they got their calculations about Africa wrong.

What makes this low outcome of fatality even more confounding is the fact that Covid-19 has been observed in other parts of the world to be killing black people at a significantly higher rate that those of other groups. There's also the additional factor of temperatures which have crashed in most parts of Africa with the coming of the rainy season getting to 2 or more months now, as some considered the higher temperatures as factorial in slowing down the virus in African regions, but still yet no show. So it more like a case of God using the foolish things of this world to confound the wise, and the weak things to confound the mighty.

Therefore I thought it was an occasion that warranted thanks giving to God for saving Nigeria and the rest of Africa from being hit with the full force of the deadly Covid-19 virus. I believe that if we are grateful to Him for the one He's already done, He would do even more and finish the good work He started. So that from the amount of deaths and cases that there are presently in Nigeria and Africa as a whole, it would get to zero cases and deaths in no time, and our thanksgiving would outlast Covid-19 in Nigeria and the rest of Africa. Also let's not forget to put our brothers and sisters in other parts of the world in our prayers, so that God would help them to overcome this deadly scourge as well.

I thank you Lord for the mighty work You've done to help those of us here in Nigeria and Africa from feeling the full force of the deadly virus. I'm not ignorant of the good thing You've done for us, neither am I an ingrate, because I have a considerable idea of how it would have panned out if not for your help, so I'm not going to take it for granted. It would have given the children of the devil another reason to blaspheme but thank You Lord for putting them to shame. I also pray that you help those in other parts of the world especially those finding it very hard to contain the virus so that they'd be able to overcome it as well. Thank you heavenly Father for I believe you've heard me. In Jesus name.

I completely agree with you. But for the mercy of God, it'll be something else right now.

Lord, on behalf of my family, I thank you for your mercy and goodness over us especially this season. I thank you because I know that by your grace, me, all mine, and Nigeria as well as other nations of the earth will outlast and outlive Coronavirus in Jesus name.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread To Thank God For Saving Nigeria, Africa From Full Impact Of Fatal Covid19 by BackllGodNaija: 5:03pm On Jul 27, 2020
Crieff:

I completely agree with you. But for the mercy of God, it'll be something else right now.

Lord, on behalf of my family, I thank you for your mercy and goodness over us especially this season. I thank you because I know that by your grace, me, all mine, and Nigeria as well as other nations of the earth will outlast and outlive Coronavirus in Jesus name.
Amen!

Some don't understand, but we know much better.
Re: Thread To Thank God For Saving Nigeria, Africa From Full Impact Of Fatal Covid19 by FatherOfJesus: 6:09pm On Jul 27, 2020
BackllGodNaija:
Nairaland fatherofjesus, thank God for the brain He gave you which you're being a waste of.
Thank me for my brain. I regret creating someone like you, I never knew I could make such mistake. cheesy
Re: Thread To Thank God For Saving Nigeria, Africa From Full Impact Of Fatal Covid19 by BackllGodNaija: 6:17pm On Jul 27, 2020
FatherOfJesus:
Thank me for my brain. I regret creating someone like you, I never knew I could make such mistake. cheesy
Lolz! The only thing you could possibly regret creating is a Nairaland moniker called fatherofjesus because that's the only thing you could be able to create. Anyone can do that, myself inclusive, but it's only the wastes of brains that God gave to them like you that would do that.

1 Like

Re: Thread To Thank God For Saving Nigeria, Africa From Full Impact Of Fatal Covid19 by BackllGodNaija: 7:02am On Aug 02, 2020
Thank you Father. Covid-19 related Cases and deaths in Nigeria are significantly reducing.

It's so glaring that Lagos State which was the epicentre of related Cases and death in the country now has courage to announce the opening of worship centres this weekend.

Thank you because we believe that in no time, it would be zero deaths and cases in the nation. Amen.

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1041421880?-395:737
Re: Thread To Thank God For Saving Nigeria, Africa From Full Impact Of Fatal Covid19 by jesusjnr2020(m): 3:11pm On Aug 12, 2020
Thank you Lord. It's only You.
Re: Thread To Thank God For Saving Nigeria, Africa From Full Impact Of Fatal Covid19 by jesusjnr2020(m): 11:25pm On Aug 18, 2020
Papa na You help us oh. If not e for no dey easy at all.
Re: Thread To Thank God For Saving Nigeria, Africa From Full Impact Of Fatal Covid19 by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:17am On Oct 04, 2020
October 1st, No deaths reported from Covid-19.

Thank you Father.

We're gradually getting there.

Slowly but surely.

Amen.

(1) (Reply)

Church Dropouts Share Your Reasons Why You Stopped Going To Church? / The Experience 15: Countdown To Africa’s Largest Gospel Concert / Four Antichristian Trends Christians Should Never Promote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.