Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,280 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years (23439 Views)

Sergio Ramos Leaves Real Madrid After 16 Years / Highest Goalscorers In The Champions League After The Group Stage / Man Utd Fans Fuming That Liverpool Have 'won The Premier League' After Man City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by molaolo: 1:07pm On Jul 18, 2020
k

1 Like

Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by plessis: 1:07pm On Jul 18, 2020
Bielsa. One of the GOATS of football strategies.

Can't wait to watch Leeds in the premier league.

3 Likes

Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by Lordjb: 1:08pm On Jul 18, 2020
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by thesolutions(m): 1:08pm On Jul 18, 2020
If they're not tactically strong and fast, they won't last long. Norwich is one example. But I tip Burnley for greatness.

1 Like

Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by tesppidd: 1:08pm On Jul 18, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Now that the legendary Bielsa is here and Leeds are finally back in the EPL, I'm anticipating these touchline tactical battles....

Marcelo Bielsa (Leeds) vs Pep Guardiola (Man City)

Bielsa (Leeds) vs Klopp (Liverpool)

Bielsa (Leeds) vs Mourinho (Tottenham)

The PL will be so much more lit in 2020/21. wink
Lol

Hmn

Na Bielsa wan play the ball?
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by fredoooooo: 1:09pm On Jul 18, 2020
Congrats ... una don go come back, Assnal still never win the champions league ...
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by ednut1(m): 1:09pm On Jul 18, 2020
I remember when they got relegated. One little boy in the crowd cried ehn. Been 16 years damn i don old. Only God know where the guy dey

7 Likes

Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by crusufixo(m): 1:09pm On Jul 18, 2020
I remember Leeds back then. The likes of mark viduka and Alan Smith. So happy for them

5 Likes

Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by Awesome007(m): 1:11pm On Jul 18, 2020
Congratulations to Leeds United, they will soon go back to where they belong to grin

2 Likes

Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by Heineken(m): 1:11pm On Jul 18, 2020
helinues:
Welcome back Leeds utd

Some teams have gone for life.. Charlton, Exeter and co
lol I tell you. See Sunderland bro. I pity them.

3 Likes

Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 18, 2020
internationalman:

You forgot to mention how the Glaziers family's money bag bought Howard Webb for your darling Man Utd...

You think it's coincidence that Man Utd premier league trophy triumph stopped just about the same time Howard Webb retired..

Don't you also wonder that despite Ferguson 26 years as a Man Utd coach he could only win 2 champions league??.. I guess he couldn't influence UEFA board like he did Webb and English FA..

You are high on kerosene.

8 Likes

Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by Kenzokings(m): 1:12pm On Jul 18, 2020
internationalman:

You forgot to mention how the Glaziers family's money bag bought Howard Webb for your darling Man Utd...

You think it's coincidence that Man Utd premier league trophy triumph stopped just about the same time Howard Webb retired..

Don't you also wonder that despite Ferguson 26 years as a Man Utd coach he could only win 2 champions league??.. I guess he couldn't influence UEFA board like he did Webb and English FA..

1 Like

Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by Kemistri4(m): 1:12pm On Jul 18, 2020
Congrats to LEEDS United...
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by Heineken(m): 1:13pm On Jul 18, 2020
Awesome007:
Congratulations to Leeds United, they will soon go back to where they belong to grin
nawao. Wish them well na bro.
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by gulfer: 1:13pm On Jul 18, 2020
Welcome back lily whites, used to like the football Leeds played in the 90s.. cool... cool

1 Like

Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by wonder233: 1:13pm On Jul 18, 2020
Awwwwww congratulations to Leeds United... I remember the likes of Alan Smith, Harry Kewell, Mark Viduka and the other black guy that later went on to play for Man U.
It's good to have you guys back!

Modified:
I also wish to have back teams like Wimbledon, Charlton Athletic, Nottingham Forest, Derby County, Blackburn Rovers, Middlesborough, Sunderland, Etc

5 Likes

Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by naptu2: 1:14pm On Jul 18, 2020
I have waited many years in order to be able to quote this post.

naptu2:
Alan Smith, Mark Viduka, Harry Kewell,
Lee Bowyer, Jonathan Woodgate, Ian Harte, Lucas Radebe, Rio Ferdinand, Nigel Martyn, Eirik Bakke, Paul Robinson, Nicky Barmby, Robbie Keane, Danny Mills, Michael Duberry, David Batty, Olivier Dacourt

naptu2:
David O'Leary

Alan Smith, Ian Harte, Eirik Bakke, Harry Kewel, Mark Viduka, Nigel Martyn, Jonathan Woodgate, Alf-Inge Haland, Lucas Radebe, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, Lee Bowyer, Paul Robinson, David Batty, Lee Sharpe, Olivier Darcourt, Danny Mills, Anthony Yeboah, Robbie Keane, Michael Bridges, Robbie Fowler, Bruno Ribeiro

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by Fragility6: 1:14pm On Jul 18, 2020
thesolutions:
If they're not tactically strong and fast, they won't last long. Norwich is one example. But I tip Burnley for greatness.
Burnley don already punch beyond thier weight coz i remember 2-3 years them play europa league qualifiers but lost at the final round of qualifying match
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by Kenzokings(m): 1:17pm On Jul 18, 2020
internationalman:

Bro, go get your fact right. Man United was dominating premier league before Glazier bought the club

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by YoungAncient1: 1:18pm On Jul 18, 2020
The team I fell in love with in 1998. Congrats Lilly whites
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by thesolutions(m): 1:18pm On Jul 18, 2020
Fragility6:

Burnley don already punch beyond thier weight coz i remember 2-3 years them play europa league qualifiers but lost at the final round of qualifying match
They can still rise. Just a few motivators and individual player development.
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by feldido(m): 1:19pm On Jul 18, 2020
I can't forget the match Henry sent them into relegation when Arsenal beat them 4:1, I felt Happy my club won but also felt sad for them.
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by Okoeshin: 1:19pm On Jul 18, 2020
Do not lose hope
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by frankmoney(m): 1:20pm On Jul 18, 2020
internationalman:

cry more we can't hear you
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by lanreTv(m): 1:20pm On Jul 18, 2020
Congrats to leed... 14years isn't a joke!
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by Crochet: 1:20pm On Jul 18, 2020
Nice

Www.solely4kids.com
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by Fragility6: 1:21pm On Jul 18, 2020
thesolutions:
They can still rise. Just a few motivators and individual player development.
One thing that affected them was squad depth.Do they have the money to invest in the squad?Ofcourse not.Even thier coach is having issues with the board concerning transfers already.
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by DarkJeddi(m): 1:22pm On Jul 18, 2020
Have been following their matches for the past two seasons,last season was a painful capitulation at the end..
I knew they were going to give it their all this time around..
Welcome to the Premier League!!
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by VicM6: 1:22pm On Jul 18, 2020
Na so Norwich city nd Aston villa do.... now dem dey road grin

1 Like

Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by MrImole: 1:23pm On Jul 18, 2020
dominique:
Congrats to them. Season after season they keep qualifying for promition playoffs but always fail to make it to the premiership. They used to be a very strong team in the PL and play in champion's league before the moneybags bought Chelsea and Man City.
Wishing them a successful campaign in the top flight

When exactly are you talking about?
dominique:
Congrats to them. Season after season they keep qualifying for promition playoffs but always fail to make it to the premiership. They used to be a very strong team in the PL and play in champion's league before the moneybags bought Chelsea and Man City.

dominique:

Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by fashrola(m): 1:23pm On Jul 18, 2020
ednut1:
I remember when they got relegated. One little boy in the crowd cried ehn. Been 16 years damn i don old. Only God know where the guy dey

he's arsenal fan now
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by joshjc(m): 1:24pm On Jul 18, 2020
Kenzokings:

Bro, go get your fact right. Man United was dominating premier league before Glazier bought the club

don't mean him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lukaku Hails Osimhen Best Striker In Italy Now, Ahead Inter, Napoli Clash / Chelsea Signs Christian Pulisic From Borrusia Dortmund For £58m! / Sunshine Stars Football Club Players Held Hostage By Fans After Football (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.