Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years (23441 Views)

Sergio Ramos Leaves Real Madrid After 16 Years / Highest Goalscorers In The Champions League After The Group Stage / Man Utd Fans Fuming That Liverpool Have 'won The Premier League' After Man City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by Reference(m): 1:58pm On Jul 18, 2020
oteikwu16:
I am super excited for Leeds United for gaining promotion to the EPL. As a child, I watched the last EPL match they played 16 years ago, and after that match, a child about my age back then in the stadium that day after Leeds got relegated, held up a placard with the inscription 'LEEDS TILL I DIE'... When ever I recount that glorious moment I can't but feel happy for my darling club Leeds United for gaining promotion to the EPL. Congratulations lads!... LEEDS TILL I DIE.

More excited about the fact that another marquee name is coming to grace Premiership dugouts. Bielsa will surely colour next season with intriguing tactical 'chessmanship'. My dream of having all premiership clubs managed by the very best of the world is coming through. The drama goes on.

1 Like

Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by Giovanni93: 2:06pm On Jul 18, 2020
internationalman:

[s]You forgot to mention how the Glaziers family's money bag bought Howard Webb for your darling Man Utd...

You think it's coincidence that Man Utd premier league trophy triumph stopped just about the same time Howard Webb retired..

Don't you also wonder that despite Ferguson 26 years as a Man Utd coach he could only win 2 champions league??.. I guess he couldn't influence UEFA board like he did Webb and English FA[/s]..

Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by dominique(f): 2:06pm On Jul 18, 2020
MrImole:

When exactly are you talking about?

They used to qualify for champions league in the 90s and early 2000s. In fact the season they got relegated, they made it to the knockout stage of UCL
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by Jaqenhghar: 2:07pm On Jul 18, 2020
Many Leeds united fans I know became Arsenal fans
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by zedegit: 2:08pm On Jul 18, 2020
tesppidd:
Leeds that year.

Mark Viduka, Alan Smith, Lucas Radebe.

cool

I hope they don't go back for another 10 years after next season.

We really have fathers in football. I wasn't following their performance in EPL then.

1 Like

Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by Dantedasz(m): 2:08pm On Jul 18, 2020
dominique:
Congrats to them. Season after season they keep qualifying for promition playoffs but always fail to make it to the premiership. They used to be a very strong team in the PL and play in champion's league before the moneybags Chelsea and Man City.
Wishing them a successful campaign in the top flight

While welcoming Leeds back to the premier league because they are actually a big team however the sad fact is they could go back down immediately without a tremendous injection of cash to buy premier league standard players.
The premier league is a harsh terrain where a mistake is punished in a second if the team lacks the experience. You only need to look at all the promoted teams for the last ten seasons and where they ended up at the end of their first season back in the Premier league.
The sad statistics do not favour promoted clubs.
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 18, 2020
Nice one... Congratulations
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by alfredilly: 2:13pm On Jul 18, 2020
internationalman:

You forgot to mention how the Glaziers family's money bag bought Howard Webb for your darling Man Utd...

You think it's coincidence that Man Utd premier league trophy triumph stopped just about the same time Howard Webb retired..

Don't you also wonder that despite Ferguson 26 years as a Man Utd coach he could only win 2 champions league??.. I guess he couldn't influence UEFA board like he did Webb and English FA..

Your knowledge of football is just as empty as your skull. Before glaizer came to Man utd in 2005, has Alex Ferguson class of 92 not won it all with 8 premier league? And to attribute Fergie united achievement to Webb. When did Howard Webb join premier league officiating? 2005 for you empty skull

And you talk about 2 champions league as though as some kind of little achievement? After English club were ban from playing in Europe in between 1985- 1990, no premier league club won the championship league for over a decade. Man united was the first club to deliver the champions league in modern era in 1999. That earned Ferguson the knighthood.

And to even think Man united isn't one of the most consistent team in Europe under Ferguson shows how inexperienced you are. When united lost in champions league second round to Mourinho FC Porto in 2004, it was said that was the first time Man united fail to make the quarter final in 13 years.

You think winning 2 champions league in a lifetime is a child play, tell me when last Juventus won it. Barcelona despite their history only had 1 champions league till 2006.

If you don't notice man united consistency in champions league, you are probably blind. For a team that made 3 final in four season, you must be a clown.

3 Likes

Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by Donniest22(m): 2:14pm On Jul 18, 2020
Leeds United vs Manchester United cool cool
That will become a hit fixture soon.

We are tired of chelshit grin

GGMU
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by lereinter(m): 2:15pm On Jul 18, 2020
Marcelo Bielsa my coaching mentor
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by lereinter(m): 2:18pm On Jul 18, 2020
JosephXavier:
We are still waiting for the EPL title

They won the invisible
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by lereinter(m): 2:19pm On Jul 18, 2020
aieromon:
Congrats to Leeds. I can't forget the team that pushed for UCL finals (Lucas Radebe, Mark Viduka and Alan Smith who we poached after they got relegated grin - double hate grin after poaching Rio Ferdinand)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZcxSau6TTg

Harry kewel
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by Angelfrost(m): 2:22pm On Jul 18, 2020
Heineken:
Burnley no bad actually.

Unfortunately, you can't defend your way to trophies...

That club needs new owners, new coach, better players, better tactics if they will ever grow above mediocrity.

Burnley doesn't play good football... Honestly, Burnley doesn't even play football!
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by lebete3000: 2:22pm On Jul 18, 2020
One0Random0Girl:
Wonderful!! At least something good came out for them

Shey you go come serve for my beer parlor?
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by Angelfrost(m): 2:27pm On Jul 18, 2020
Heineken:
bro can Sunderland really come back? They are in league one now o.

Splash the kinda dough Abu Dhabi splashed on average mid table Man City, and that club will not only break into EPL... They will rule top 6 for years on end.

1 Like

Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by saajus: 2:29pm On Jul 18, 2020
What a Grace to Grass story. They bit more than they can chew. Borrowing money up and down. I hope they've changed cos they played like thugs in the late 90s and early 2000s. Three teams I hated so much then, O'leary Leeds, Big Sam Bolton and Mark Hughes Blackburn. They won't let you play, they play like thugs and ready to break legs.
I always remember that small Leeds boy that cried bitterly when they got relegated after losing to Okocha's team on the final day. DSTV used him for their highlights advert in the early 2000s. Life sha, all these events happened just like yesterday. I don dey old small small sha

1 Like

Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by Nyaknor(m): 2:30pm On Jul 18, 2020
Trust22:
Congrats..
They will make top 4 next season

No be only top 4...��
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by MuttleyLaff: 2:30pm On Jul 18, 2020
dominique:
Congrats to them. Season after season they keep qualifying for promition playoffs but always fail to make it to the premiership. They used to be a very strong team in the PL and play in champion's league before the moneybags bought Chelsea and Man City.
Wishing them a successful campaign in the top flight

Dantedasz:
While welcoming Leeds back to the premier league because they are actually a big team however the sad fact is they could go back down immediately without a tremendous injection of cash to buy premier league standard players.
The premier league is a harsh terrain where a mistake is punished in a second if the team lacks the experience. You only need to look at all the promoted teams for the last ten seasons and where they ended up at the end of their first season back in the Premier league.
The sad statistics do not favour promoted clubs.
I remember when, before ending his career at Manchester United, Frenchman Eric Cantona in 1992 and later on Ghanaian Anthony Yeboah, in 1995 used to play for them
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by chinchum(m): 2:31pm On Jul 18, 2020
I remember South African Player Lucas Radebe playing for Leeds United.

1 Like

Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by Angelfrost(m): 2:32pm On Jul 18, 2020
Okuda:

my brother some big clubs for other countries never win champions league before. 2 in 26years sef na achievement... abeg leave them like that.

Ask the bitter kid when Man City got their free billions, and how many Champions league trophies they have won??! Also ask him about PSG and Juventus!!!
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by Digriz(m): 2:34pm On Jul 18, 2020
internationalman:

You forgot to mention how the Glaziers family's money bag bought Howard Webb for your darling Man Utd...

Don't you also wonder that despite Ferguson 26 years as a Man Utd coach he could only win 2 champions league??.. I guess he couldn't influence UEFA board like he did Webb and English FA..
u must be a fan of that agbero club.
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by tunize(m): 2:36pm On Jul 18, 2020
Vichot:
hope they won't go back to where they came from grin
Same tin i was about asking because premier league is not easy. las las dem go use dem get point wella.
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by tunize(m): 2:39pm On Jul 18, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Lets welcome them to the most overrated Moda fuckkking league on planet earth
EPL is damnnnnn overrated
I keep on saying it if we should merge bundesliga, laliga, seria A, ligue 1( french ligue), and EPL
Then i can bet my balls that no EPL team will make top eight
True shall but some go try.
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 18, 2020
internationalman:

They have started again smh
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 18, 2020
dominique:

I'm not a Man United fan, besides this thread is about Leeds United not Man Utd

Thank you capitalist.
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by ShoeShineGuy: 2:41pm On Jul 18, 2020
Lol.. Who be the "we"?
Built2last:
Yes oo. We are back
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 18, 2020
Kizzygentle:
They were strong contenders back then wihh players like Harry kewel and this Australia player viduka and Allan Smith doing wonders.

And Rio Ferdinand

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chelsea Signs Christian Pulisic From Borrusia Dortmund For £58m! / Sunshine Stars Football Club Players Held Hostage By Fans After Football (pics) / Drogba Robbed In Ivory Coast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.