Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,869 members, 7,806,477 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

How To Identify Quack Veterinary Doctors - Pets (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How To Identify Quack Veterinary Doctors (20410 Views)

Lost Her To Parvo - Quack Vet Didn't Know / Lets Create A Dog Of Our Own.dog Owners,veterinary Doctors,lab Scientists. / Veterinary Doctors In Port Harcourt | Contact Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify Quack Veterinary Doctors by Champion84: 9:23am On Jun 15, 2021
Bauer1:

Alright
. Whatsoever name you might be calling it. Some one who is learned as an animal health technologist will not just meet a client and call himself doctor and you should know that in rural areas out of ignorance they will use that name on him/her. Do you want to eat the tittle doctor? The sun outside is enough for clothes to dry. Every professional in the livestock industry have right to fly at his or her own pace. Please don't be getting angry on nothing that will not add to to you whether you you like of or not. This kind of talk won't promote you.
Re: How To Identify Quack Veterinary Doctors by Zeeknow3245(m): 1:07pm On Jun 15, 2021
Champion84:
.Have you seen the curriculum? Are you in the education sector as a lecturer. Take it or leave it let me sound it in your ear. There are senior animal health technologist that are practically sound than some so called you vet doctors parading their tittle without nothing upstairs, we have seen a lot before someone like us we come to the public before opening mouth. We see, some of you that comes for it/siwes how they can not perform soundly , and they will still be under the tutelage of some animal health technologist that has vast training, consultancy and field experience. Federal college of animal health in Ibadan have sound animal health technologist lecturers. It was once a vet college, and there is no course related vet med that is not offered @HND level if not on theory, it will come up in your practical courses. So erase that your mentality about HND holders in animal health science. And don't count on the the number of years or tittle to determine your worth or else you my be robbing your self of your future fortune. For your information, one of our senior colleague in animal health has received several awards by world veterinary association, if you doubt me you can check related twitter pages if its back. Tittle will not guarantee greatness,....
All I see is a pained grown up Man grossly exhibiting his Inferiority complex on a Forum. You Claim all of these yet you're not a Veterinarian. You claim people are more knowledgeable that Veterinarians but the Top 10 Veterinary Clinics are owned by Veterinarians. You fail to realise that Veterinarians are the most successful Business men in the Health Industries out of the conventional Treating of Animals.
Wait Sir what do you think Veterinary Medicine is all about? Injections and Vaccinations? In India the Course is Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science and are Veterinary Doctors. I don't see how you claim to be more knowledgeable when you're this backward and pained. A country where a Veterinarian receives more than the average earner. A country where Vets are self Sufficient. A country with Second highest export of Cattle all thanks to Veterinary investment is what you say you're better than?
You want to explain your Independence of your course yet you drag Veterinary Medicine into your discussion. Are you this insecure? Are you this Unhappy? How can you justify quackery?
I won't blame you, I blame the people who patronize you. You will just tell them "Aah it's an infection"and give them injection and drugs. No reason explained to the people,no reason why the infection took place and how to prevent it next time. Quacks are uneasy about answering questions and you're no different from being caught if asked simple question.
You claim vast knowledge yet if you don't identify yourself as a Veterinarian nobody will give you their Animals to treat. Why the pretense?
You're argument is less constructive and shows who you truly are... A BIG QUACK

2 Likes

Re: How To Identify Quack Veterinary Doctors by Champion84: 1:54pm On Jun 15, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

All I see is a pained grown up Man grossly exhibiting his Inferiority complex on a Forum. You Claim all of these yet you're not a Veterinarian. You claim people are more knowledgeable that Veterinarians but the Top 10 Veterinary Clinics are owned by Veterinarians. You fail to realise that Veterinarians are the most successful Business men in the Health Industries out of the conventional Treating of Animals.
Wait Sir what do you think Veterinary Medicine is all about? Injections and Vaccinations? In India the Course is Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science and are Veterinary Doctors. I don't see how you claim to be more knowledgeable when you're this backward and pained. A country where a Veterinarian receives more than the average earner. A country where Vets are self Sufficient. A country with Second highest export of Cattle all thanks to Veterinary investment is what you say you're better than?
You want to explain your Independence of your course yet you drag Veterinary Medicine into your discussion. Are you this insecure? Are you this Unhappy? How can you justify quackery?
I won't blame you, I blame the people who patronize you. You will just tell them "Aah it's an infection"and give them injection and drugs. No reason explained to the people,no reason why the infection took place and how to prevent it next time. Quacks are uneasy about answering questions and you're no different from being caught if asked simple question.
You claim vast knowledge yet if you don't identify yourself as a Veterinarian nobody will give you their Animals to treat. Why the pretense?
. If your mother born you well, drop your phone number, let me call you and disgrace you on call. Stupid veterinary doctor. Tittle or ego will not fetch you money. You will only end up in poverty. And kept getting angry for nothing. If you know you are not a bastard, drop your phone number and I will let you know my 5years as HND and 1year NYSC is not a child s play. Infact your ego will kill you in the livestock industry. Theoretical graduate. Big noise maker.
Re: How To Identify Quack Veterinary Doctors by Champion84: 1:56pm On Jun 15, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

. If your mother born you well, drop your phone number, let me call you and disgrace you on call. Stupid veterinary doctor. Tittle or ego will not fetch you money. You will only end up in poverty. And kept getting angry for nothing. If you know you are not a bastard, drop your phone number and I will let you know my 5years as HND and + 1year NYSC is not a child s play. Infact your ego will kill you in the livestock industry. Theoretical graduate. Big noise maker.
Re: How To Identify Quack Veterinary Doctors by lookingfly: 2:26pm On Jun 15, 2021
Champion84:
.Have you seen the curriculum? Are you in the education sector as a lecturer. Take it or leave it let me sound it in your ear. There are senior animal health technologist that are practically sound than some so called you vet doctors parading their tittle without nothing upstairs, we have seen a lot before someone like us we come to the public before opening mouth. We see, some of you that comes for it/siwes how they can not perform soundly , and they will still be under the tutelage of some animal health technologist that has vast training, consultancy and field experience. Federal college of animal health in Ibadan have sound animal health technologist lecturers. It was once a vet college, and there is no course related vet med that is not offered @HND level if not on theory, it will come up in your practical courses. So erase that your mentality about HND holders in animal health science. And don't count on the the number of years or tittle to determine your worth or else you my be robbing your self of your future fortune. For your information, one of our senior colleague in animal health has received several awards by world veterinary association, if you doubt me you can check related twitter pages if its back. Tittle will not guarantee greatness,....
one thing you fail to understand is that experience plays a key role to anybody be a vet or an animal scientist. For vet students not to meet to ur standard is simply because they're yet to finish their curriculum and don't have the necessary experience. Irrespective of all these, oga you cant compare hnd and DVM. You claim to have been thought same curriculum with what is thought in vet school, you and i know you're just lying to yourself because it's a blatant lie. Animal scientist getting awards in the veterinary world is a good thing because hardwork pays in the long run and it applies to every sector.......always have know deep down in your hearth that as far as you have hnd in animal science, it can never be equivalent with a DVM. Title don't guarantee greatness but you run around calling yourself Dr. you're free to impersonate the title Dr for now but be rest assured you're an imposter.

1 Like

Re: How To Identify Quack Veterinary Doctors by Zeeknow3245(m): 2:56pm On Jun 15, 2021
Champion84:
. If your mother born you well, drop your phone number, let me call you and disgrace you on call. Stupid veterinary doctor. Tittle or ego will not fetch you money. You will only end up in poverty. And kept getting angry for nothing. If you know you are not a bastard, drop your phone number and I will let you know my 5years as HND and + 1year NYSC is not a child s play. Infact your ego will kill you in the livestock industry. Theoretical graduate. Big noise maker.
Don't be pained Sir. I just wrote the truth you had to mention my mothergringrin. You're just Hilarious. It's obvious you're the Angry one. I took time to give you a little tutoring about constructive criticism and here you are exhibiting hatred for a profession that had been long existing before anything like HND started. Stop wailing you're matured than this.
You're trying to say HND is better than DVM? In the US you're just a Technologist can't hold a practice and Perform independently except during extension service under the call of a Veterinarian.
You're just Making noise because Nigeria has a high level of lawlessnessgringrin in the land. A Nurse who is a guy would pretend to be a Dr, a Lab Scientist prescribing drugs, a Nurse doing surgery in the background. We are just too lawlessgringringrin.
I know you're called a Drgringrin. Dr HNDgringrin. You're too far from sensible discussiongringrin

3 Likes

Re: How To Identify Quack Veterinary Doctors by Zeeknow3245(m): 3:52pm On Jun 15, 2021
lookingfly:
one thing you fail to understand is that experience plays a key role to anybody be a vet or an animal scientist. For vet students not to meet to ur standard is simply because they're yet to finish their curriculum and don't have the necessary experience. Irrespective of all these, oga you cant compare hnd and DVM. You claim to have been thought same curriculum with what is thought in vet school, you and i know you're just lying to yourself because it's a blatant lie. Animal scientist getting awards in the veterinary world is a good thing because hardwork pays in the long run and it applies to every sector.......always have know deep down in your hearth that as far as you have hnd in animal science, it can never be equivalent with a DVM. Title don't guarantee greatness but you run around calling yourself Dr. you're free to impersonate the title Dr for now but be rest assured you're an imposter.
Well said Chief. A profession he claims he's more knowledgeable than,he is impersonating it. What sheer hypocrisygrin

2 Likes

Re: How To Identify Quack Veterinary Doctors by Champion84: 4:46pm On Jun 15, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

Don't be pained Sir. I just wrote the truth you had to mention my mothergringrin. You're just Hilarious. It's obvious you're the Angry one. I took time to give you a little tutoring about constructive criticism and here you are exhibiting hatred for a profession that had been long existing before anything like HND started. Stop wailing you're matured than this.
You're trying to say HND is better than DVM? In the US you're just a Technologist can't hold a practice and Perform independently except during extension service under the call of a Veterinarian.
You're just Making noise because Nigeria has a high level of lawlessnessgringrin in the land. A Nurse who is a guy would pretend to be a Dr, a Lab Scientist prescribing drugs, a Nurse doing surgery in the background. We are just too lawlessgringringrin.
I know you're called a Drgringrin. Dr HNDgringrin. You're too far from sensible discussiongringrin
. Thank God you didn't drop your phone number. I can now see that you have proved to me that you are a professional bastard. Keep fighting for your title.
Re: How To Identify Quack Veterinary Doctors by Champion84: 5:05pm On Jun 15, 2021
lookingfly:
one thing you fail to understand is that experience plays a key role to anybody be a vet or an animal scientist. For vet students not to meet to ur standard is simply because they're yet to finish their curriculum and don't have the necessary experience. Irrespective of all these, oga you cant compare hnd and DVM. You claim to have been thought same curriculum with what is thought in vet school, you and i know you're just lying to yourself because it's a blatant lie. Animal scientist getting awards in the veterinary world is a good thing because hardwork pays in the long run and it applies to every sector.......always have know deep down in your hearth that as far as you have hnd in animal science, it can never be equivalent with a DVM. Title don't guarantee greatness but you run around calling yourself Dr. you're free to impersonate the title Dr for now but be . No reasonable HND in Animal health will introduce himself as a vet doctor, but rather as animal health technologist and no law is binding him not to carry out treatment of animals, the air is open for everyone to fly his profession. If need be as he carries out his consultancy services, if n and a must for a need of a vet doctor, he will consult you. Dont ever/ never you people should see a graduate of animal health as. quack or else you will keep on having issues with people. Mind you if people in the rural area keep giving him a nickname as doctor, how many people do you want him to keep explaining himself to that he his not a doctor ?while many of them in the rural areas are not even educated. Mind you there are no profession that can not be adulterated and even we still have some so called veterinary medical graduate that quacks take it or leave it.. Tell that your friend, that is writing jargons here should stop reasoning through his anus
Well said Chief. A profession he claims he's more knowledgeable than,he is impersonating it. What sheer hypocrisygrin
Re: How To Identify Quack Veterinary Doctors by lookingfly: 5:15pm On Jun 15, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

no mind am, to bear Dr as title de Hungary am, he should apply with he's HND to the faculty of veterinary medicine so that he can start from 200l and then graduate as a veterinarian, till then he's a big quack with effrontery. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How To Identify Quack Veterinary Doctors by Champion84: 5:26pm On Jun 15, 2021
lookingfly:
no mind am, to bear Dr as title de Hungary am, he should apply with he's HND to the faculty of veterinary medicine so that he can start from 200l and then graduate as a veterinarian, till then he's a big quack with effrontery. cheesy
so prefer to start reasoning through your anus. If I want to do that , I would have done that after jamb not now. That is a big waste of time. I thank God that am a tret to your certificate. O boy you you better buckle up or look for other means of getting money. Till thy kingdom come . Animal health technologist will keep on handling animals or go back to school and pick another course of study. Doctor Alaja. Hunger will soon waya you with your grammar, certificate & tittle. How I wish you drop number. Foolish vet doctor God punish you with your useless certificate
Re: How To Identify Quack Veterinary Doctors by lookingfly: 11:23pm On Jun 15, 2021
Champion84:
so prefer to start reasoning through your anus. If I want to do that , I would have done that after jamb not now. That is a big waste of time. I thank God that am a tret to your certificate. O boy you you better buckle up or look for other means of getting money. Till thy kingdom come . Animal health technologist will keep on handling animals or go back to school and pick another course of study. Doctor Alaja. Hunger will soon waya you with your grammar, certificate & tittle. How I wish you drop number. Foolish vet doctor God punish you with your useless certificate
Dr. Quack don hear body grin cheesy
Re: How To Identify Quack Veterinary Doctors by Zeeknow3245(m): 11:32am On Jun 16, 2021
Champion84:
You can't spell threat I wonder how you prescribe drugsgrin
Re: How To Identify Quack Veterinary Doctors by Spidermon: 3:46pm On Jun 16, 2021
Champion84:

See as you are embarrassing yourself.
I have animal scientists as friends and they know their level.
100 years of experience only makes you an experienced and competent animal technologist or scientist as the case maybe, not a vet !!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Identify Quack Veterinary Doctors by lookingfly: 4:05pm On Jun 16, 2021
Champion84:
https://www.nairaland.com/6606345/police-arrest-fake-medical-doctor
Re: How To Identify Quack Veterinary Doctors by shyaspack: 2:27pm On Jun 22, 2021
For a chance to win N5,000!!!

Hey! We’re working on launching a brand of dog food in Nigeria. Can you spare a few minutes to complete our survey on dog food?

https://forms.gle/iJZ8Dd1e4yWVQz8R8

We’d appreciate it if you could share this survey with your friends and family.

Thank you�
Re: How To Identify Quack Veterinary Doctors by AgentGoat: 11:14pm On Aug 07, 2021
Champion84:

Why are you this angry for the sake of God?

Vet medicine and animal are not the same and will never be.

1 Like

Re: How To Identify Quack Veterinary Doctors by Konquest: 10:42pm On Nov 01, 2021
seunH:

The veterinary profession is one of the most affected professions in terms of quackery, in that sometimes it is very difficult to identify a genuine vet doctor. You would even see some semi-illiterates and diploma holders parading themselves as veterinarians simply because they have an idea of some animal diseases. It is even more worrisome, the confidence and brazenness some of these quacks exhibit because in their minds, they are usually like "its just an ordinary animal". The only way to avoid falling victims to such unscrupulous people is for pet owners to have the capability to be able to distinguish between quacks and genuine doctors, because it may determine the life or death of your pet. The ways in which you can identify a quack are listed below;

1) Its your right as a pet owner to ask questions about whatever condition your animal is suffering from and get a very detailed answer, if your "vet" cannot answer you or is dodgy about the question. Such individual is likely a quack. (Most quacks may be knowledgeable on how to perform the procedure but don't usually know the principles behind such procedure)

2) Stylishly ask which school he/she graduated from if you are suspicious. Presently, we have only 11 vet schools in Nigeria. They include;

(a)Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
(b) Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta
(c) Federal University Of Agriculture, Makurdi (4)
(d) Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike
(e) University Of Abuja,Abuja
(f) University Of Ibadan, Ibadan
(g) University Of Ilorin, Ilorin
(h) University Of Maiduguri
(i) University Of Nigeria Nsukka
(j) Usmanu Danfodio University, Sokoto
(I) University Of Jos
Most people do not know the schools that offer veterinary medicine, hence tend to make a blunder. It is imperative to take note of the above schools, if their school ain't in any of the above for now, he/she is definitely a quack. "Imagine a "vet" claiming he/she graduated from Unilag"

3) Check the persons carriage, spoken english and dressing, although subjective, it can be a give away

4) Check their price range and desperation for money, it could also be a give away. My dear friends, no veterinarian who spent 6yrs in Vet school would collect 300 naira from you for any procedure in your house !!!

5) Lastly, if they are quick to give judgement on your case without careful and proper diagnosis, such individual is likely a quack.

In conclusion, I believe if the above principles are followed you would be saved from quacks and get better quality treatment for your pets.

Deep insights... Great
post!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? / 6 Most Aggressive Dogs To Own In Nigeria / Boerboel, Rottweiler And Pitbull , Which Do You Think Is Better ???!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.