Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

Solskjaer Hits Back At Lampard And Mourinho Over VAR Luck Claims Ahead Of FA Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Solskjaer Hits Back At Lampard And Mourinho Over VAR Luck Claims Ahead Of FA Cup (141 Views)

Kepa Is Resigned To NEVER Playing For Chelsea Again Ahead Of FA Cup Final / Frank Lampard And Gerrard Who Was A Better Player / Kenny Dalglish Makes Surprising Claims Ahead Of Liverpool Vs Barca (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Solskjaer Hits Back At Lampard And Mourinho Over VAR Luck Claims Ahead Of FA Cup by Okoyeaniche(m): 4:01pm On Jul 18, 2020
Manchester United's coach, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has fired back at Chelsea and Tottenham boss, Frank Lampard and Jose Mourinho over claims that Manchester United have been most favoured by VAR this season.

Ahead of the FA Cup semi-final clash between Chelsea and Man Utd scheduled on Sunday in Wembley, Frank Lampard during a press meeting said that United have "got a few in their favour" when it comes to VAR decisions during recent Premier League games, with Jose Mourinho also saying that his old club had been "lucky".

United have been awarded 13 penalties in this season so far, while Thursday's clash with Crystal Palace saw United escaped being penalized when Victor Lindelof brought Wilfried Zara down in the penalty area and Jordan Ayew goal was ruled out for a marginal offside.

Solskjaer, who moved to dismiss nagative attempts about VAR favouring his team said that United have themselves been victims of questionable decisions in recent games, such as a late challenge by Oriol Romeu on Mason Greenwood that went unpunished in the 2-2 draw with Southampton.

Solskjaer told United's website:

"How long have we got?" he said on Saturday. "I can sit here for hours now and try to talk about this. It looks like there's a narrative. It looks like people want to influence whoever's making the decisions.

"I hear people talking about luck, that we've been lucky more than unlucky. If you look at the factual decisions – I don't want to sound like a certain manager talking about...SEE MORE HERE

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Join Me On My Chanel For Sure 3 Odds & 5 Odds / FA Cup Match / Up To #100,000 Deposit Bonus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.