Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,927 members, 7,806,690 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? (26289 Views)

You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers / Your View On Church Choristers And Weekly Uniform Imposition / Choristers Refuse To Attend Member's Burial Because He Owed Choir Dues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by Janosky: 11:55am On Jul 19, 2020
IrepChrist:
And many times it is concealed and done in secrecy.... Is it Godly without the Pastor's approval.... I need sincere responses...

Better still,your caption should be ;
"Why is Fornication prevalent among Church choristers?
If it's SCRIPTURALLY ok, you won't ask ,"is it Godly? your Pastorpreneurs no dey condone sin?
If they don't, you won't raise this issue here angry
My two cents..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by Queen500: 11:56am On Jul 19, 2020
[s]
Sammy07:

Fact but funny grin
[/s]
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by Janosky: 11:57am On Jul 19, 2020
zubydsniper:
The devil himself is the chief chorister
Was the chief chorister in heaven then
So to him it is wise to continue is trade here on earth

grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by morris477(m): 11:58am On Jul 19, 2020
I am a choirmaster I found this to be true it is rampant in my choir
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by HRMK: 11:58am On Jul 19, 2020
ARE THEY NOT QUALIFIED TO BE MARRIED?RLTNSHP STARTS WITH DATING AND THAT LEEDS TO MARRIAGE!
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by Viicfuntop(f): 12:00pm On Jul 19, 2020
If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.

Seun, why should Muslims or anybody be allowed to comment on Christian’s post without having to accept Jesus Christ as their lord and personal savior but we have to accept Mohamad as the prophet to alla. It’s not fair. You are a tech man if that’s what you would call yourself. Look at your fellow tech men around the world. Their minds have been evolving. I feel like you have just been stucked in 2005. Common look at your emojis but why the hell shoujd peope acecpt ala before commenting and the same preference is not given to Christians? What the hell is that? Isn’t that hypocrisy? Look at quota reddit and the rest. All you tech guys on this app, please for your next startup, look at creating a community where there is freedom okay? Please Seun, evolve.

I’ll be posting this till I get a hearing.
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by Janosky: 12:06pm On Jul 19, 2020
sapientia:
Its very simple

For the same reason married colleagues have a fling in the office

Proximity

There is a reason girls were advised never to visit a guy alone back then we were still younger and the church was not yet a Business.

No other group stays together more often in the church more than the choir members.

2 people who love music singing same time and seeing each other frequently, there got to be a chemistry

Choirmasters are seen as an icon by choir members and well, women and covet for attention can lead them to so many things

A guy around females with different voices is not all that safe too

Because it will make it easier for him to notice that particular sound of voice that triggers him (Yes, even me have a voice that press my mumu button)

By the way, you guys are aware because choir members are always known and seen by everyone so their life is like a teevee show

Other church members OUT DO them in everything but those ones are never known.

J J , that UNN trained OAP ?

grin
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by ojuu4u(m): 12:09pm On Jul 19, 2020
Renegadefrank:
Why do you need a pastor's permission to date a person? Unless the rules of joining the choir clearly states otherwise, date who you want.

The question of whether dating is Godly if the pastor doesn't know or approve is just plain bullshit. You have control over your life and who you date. Pastors are religious leaders whose influence only go so far. You have the final say even if they offer disapproving opinions.

It's just sad to see how bad loads of people depend on the words of religious leaders today, some of whom have terribly abused their authority

Oga swimming in ignorance and arrogance! How will it be in ur eyes if youths in a church are expressly permitted to be sleeping with one another, and such youth will mount pulpit to preach/ minister through song! If you are happened to be ordinary member of that church , will you follow what he or she is ministering?

Meanwhile, its not pastors who they take permission from, its Almighty God that forbids them not to indulge in such immoral acts, its not only choristers that God forbids , even you ordinary member its a sin to sex before marriage.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by mrbenjame: 12:11pm On Jul 19, 2020
It’s very common. I’ve been in the choir for 20 years. People could even varge for me that I don’t date choristers. At the 17th year I decided to give it a try for the first time. I dated one charming lady.

When the news started circulating someone came to me and said he least expected it from me. I told him I’m an adult and all that..... I didn’t listen.

Along the line we fell into deep lust and the result was a serious STD. It took me 18 months to get cured. I guess that was the punishment God wanted to release on me for even attempting it. Since then I vowed never to look at any chorister no matter how beautiful she is.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by membranus: 12:14pm On Jul 19, 2020
Theta1:
Am different. I have been a chorister for 16years and I didn't date anyone in an choir I found myself. My wife have never been a chorister.
I don't know if your research is correct.

Nobody is accusing you personally, but during your time there did others do it to your knowledge?
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by akpunda86: 12:17pm On Jul 19, 2020
Hintona:
I'm a chorister but I don't date my fellow choristers.

Infact choristers don't date themselves in my church.

I'm a Catholic.

Speak for your parish.Im a catholic and in my vilage thou guy late choir master impregnate choir member.Guy is common in churches.
Gayism also common among the guys.

Be sincere and say the truth me im not supporting it but is happening.
Thanks
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by komols856: 12:20pm On Jul 19, 2020
Hintona:

I'm a Catholic.

Only defend yourself please. I remember when i was growing up in catholic church, our choir master nearly bleeped all the single ladies in the choir then before he later married one of them.

please just defend yourself and dont try to defend any church.
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by Kehinderichard(m): 12:23pm On Jul 19, 2020
You are most likely to date whomever you are close to or see frequently. People mostly end up either marrying their classmates, church group members or even housemates. These are people you see week in week out including your fellow choristers
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by slimjohn2k5: 12:27pm On Jul 19, 2020
Because the ladies don't always understand the songs

1 Like

Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by Ghostrye: 12:28pm On Jul 19, 2020
It's because doremi fa so lati do.
If you understand this, go and wash your brain with anointing oil, I'm about to finish my own now

1 Like

Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by mentored: 12:49pm On Jul 19, 2020
bukkysam:
Without Holiness you cannot see God

Gwakwa ha oooo

1 Like

Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by DukeofMbaitoli: 12:50pm On Jul 19, 2020
Hintona:

I'm a Catholic.
smiley
Soprano, alto or tenor?
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by Villain7: 12:52pm On Jul 19, 2020
This is total rubbish question. Why should one need pastor's approval to date? Is it now a crime to date a fellow church member? Go to ogboni temple to date na. some persons will just come here to post irrelevant topic
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by butterfly777(m): 12:56pm On Jul 19, 2020
Simple na.

1. Because they are youths and have sex hormones. People can start relationship anywhere.

2. Some of them want legitimate courtship. Do you expect them to court the devil? Or should they go to the shrine to find a partner?
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by Renegadefrank(m): 1:01pm On Jul 19, 2020
This has nothing to do with arrogance or ignorance. My sentiments are opinionated and not dogma.

Plus I have no qualms with how youths live their lives outside the church. Some pastors even live worse off and come to the pulpit to preach. I take the good words and leave the rest to God. God sends messages through anyone, moral or immoral.

The church should not discriminate through actions from outside. If these people are talented and wish to offer their services, fine. They can follow the church societal rules but in the long run, human nature let's us do what we want when we decide to make choices.
ojuu4u:

Oga swimming in ignorance and arrogance! How will it be in ur eyes if youths in a church are expressly permitted to be sleeping with one another, and such youth will mount pulpit to preach/ minister through song, if you are ordinary member of that church , will you follow what his or she is saying?

Meanwhile, its not pastor who they will take permission from, its Almighty God that forbids them not to indulge in such immoral acts, its not only choristers that God forbids , even you ordinary member its a sin to sex before marriage.
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by UNUKHASO: 1:04pm On Jul 19, 2020
ITS IN THE SPIRIT OF JEZEBAELWHICH THEY INHERITED FROM DAVID WHO KILLED URIAH
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by Sarah20A(f): 1:07pm On Jul 19, 2020
IrepChrist:
And many times it is concealed and done in secrecy.... Is it Godly without the Pastor's approval.... I need sincere responses...
why don't you seek your pastor's approval before breathing
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by winkmart: 1:09pm On Jul 19, 2020
It's nothing special. If you belong to a social group, there is high tendency you date within the group
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by sonofthunder: 1:18pm On Jul 19, 2020
tribalwarlord:
[s]
And your point is?
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by Hintona(f): 1:19pm On Jul 19, 2020
DukeofMbaitoli:
smiley
Soprano, alto or tenor?
Bass.
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by sonofthunder: 1:22pm On Jul 19, 2020
officialfysh:
This are some of the reasons God don’t answer prayers, God is highly move by praises but now the group of persons leading the congregation are committing lots of atrocities,how will God be moved.. it’s not a sin to date, but you’re a chorister you’re relationship shouldn’t be in secrecy.. my opinion
Your points are conflicting, are they dating or are they committing sin? Those are two different things. You people just hastily generalise, ignorantly condemning what you have no evidence for. How many choristers have you encountered in your life and how many do you condemn as sinners?
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by DukeofMbaitoli: 1:26pm On Jul 19, 2020
Hintona:

Bass.
Interesting

I hope you really get bass voice. A very deep one
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by Rufflinez: 1:28pm On Jul 19, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Na where you for dey work you supposed chop na
That is why them call am work chop...
Hahahhahh They are working for the lord
Hahahahhah..... probably also chopping each other for the lord
You have fever(as a real niggarrr)
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by anungangampu: 1:29pm On Jul 19, 2020
My 2nd Gf was my fellow chorister.. So sexy as hell.. Then we were too matured not to add sex..But emotion flowed like water. Did alot of touching but we had some invisible law not to go beyond seing our unclothedness. I left the choir because of such attitude..

But I won't lie. I have never felt the way I felt with the girl in question.. She still calls me till date just to hear me narrate our past romance. Just told her some negative things I thought then just to severe our relationship so that she can focus on her husband.

There are many reasons why dating in a choir is so common.

1. In church you hide whatever bad emotion and behaviour you have . People see most of your good side and want to relate with you .

2. There is beauty in singing. Hearing people sing realease some kind of feel good fluid in our brain. Same way many will fall in love with Brandy just hearing her voice not minding she is not pretty.

3. Choir group is where youths express themselves and also haven for shy boys and girls. So it's likely you find your match there or confidant you can be free with.

4. Proximity is the number one base for most relationship. I don't think you can see someone twice in week or more and don't find them attractive ..

5. You can easily fling in choir and still maintain your born again status..lol

6. For girls I think their need of a "God fearing man" is easily satisfied with a fellow chorister.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by ImaIma1(f): 1:30pm On Jul 19, 2020
IrepChrist:

The ones in my church are not secretly. In fact, about 4 or 5 couples, all choir members are married.
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by Carter4luv(m): 1:33pm On Jul 19, 2020
dating a choirister is not a sin, abi choiristers are they not humans to marry, u might see a woman u love and go into a relationship with her and after a while make it known to your pastor. d sin there is wen both of u are having sex.
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by paix(m): 1:37pm On Jul 19, 2020
Theta1:
Am different. I have been a chorister for 16years and I didn't date anyone in an choir I found myself. My wife have never been a chorister.
I don't know if your research is correct.
He's not saying that all choristers marry themselves. It's common even among professionals like the doctors, lawyers, teachers or ministry workers. Because they're always together, there's that tendency friendship will start and graduate to the next level.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Signs You Are Losing Faith In God / Man Who Turned Against God, Became An Atheist Found God Again After Many Years / APC Will Take Over Bayelsa State In 2016, Except… – Primate Ayodele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.