Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

Help Me Choose A Course Of Study For My Younger Sister With This Jamb Score - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help Me Choose A Course Of Study For My Younger Sister With This Jamb Score (691 Views)

Student Beats Teacher To Death For Flogging His Younger Sister In Delta (Photo) / Can I Study Doctor In OAU With 106 JAMB Score?: Guy Asks; Gets Hilarious Replies / Is This The Highest Score So Far At The Ongoing Jamb?… Checkout This Jamb Score (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Choose A Course Of Study For My Younger Sister With This Jamb Score by simultaneousboi(m): 6:49pm On Jul 18, 2020
I wanted my younger Sister to study Nursing, but so unfortunate that she scored just 145 in her Jamb. Now, am confuse in making my decision. So, I urge you guys to help me suggest the course and possibly institution that you think can be best for her and her Jamb score. I would have said let her wait till next year, but she is 22 already and has stayed long at home without doing anything.

God bless you as you make your suggestion(s) without minding my English.
Re: Help Me Choose A Course Of Study For My Younger Sister With This Jamb Score by Sunstar9(m): 6:54pm On Jul 18, 2020
Why wasting precious time and effort writing jamb over and over again.Here in Benin Republic you get admitted without jamb result and still go for NYSC after completion of program.

Let's talk on WhatsApp for more info
Re: Help Me Choose A Course Of Study For My Younger Sister With This Jamb Score by Chrisrare: 6:55pm On Jul 18, 2020
the best thing you can do for your sister now is to advise her to go learn a trade or skill. cos based on her performance in jamb, she'll struggle to even graduate with a pass in any Nigerian uni.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose A Course Of Study For My Younger Sister With This Jamb Score by flyingpig: 6:58pm On Jul 18, 2020
Chrisrare:
the best thing you can do for your sister now is to advise her to go learn a trade or skill. cos based on her performance in jamb, she'll struggle to even graduate with a pass in any Nigerian uni.
true
Re: Help Me Choose A Course Of Study For My Younger Sister With This Jamb Score by psucc(m): 7:02pm On Jul 18, 2020
Chrisrare:
I disagree totally with you on the last sentence. If admitted she could break record.

It is a matter of determination. But JAMB is always there to pose a hurdle.
Re: Help Me Choose A Course Of Study For My Younger Sister With This Jamb Score by OYENIYIJK: 7:14pm On Jul 18, 2020
Chrisrare:
I disconcord with that. Their are duller people than her in the university.
Re: Help Me Choose A Course Of Study For My Younger Sister With This Jamb Score by yusman14(m): 8:58pm On Jul 18, 2020
I guess it has been long she read..or she has finished from secondary school quite long before writing her UTME...I would have suggested A'level exams like IJMB but she is below average...she can enroll for a predegree program or better still,she can get admission into a private polytechnic...
Re: Help Me Choose A Course Of Study For My Younger Sister With This Jamb Score by simultaneousboi(m): 10:28pm On Jul 18, 2020
yusman14:
I guess it has been long she read..or she has finished from secondary school quite long before writing her UTME...I would have suggested A'level exams like IJMB but she is below average...she can enroll for a predegree program or better still,she can get admission into a private polytechnic...
Yeah, you are right. She finished secondary school since 2016. Then, she had issues with her WAEC which made her to rewrite it again in 2017.. Last year was her first time to sit for Jamb and her score was not that fine, that made me to wait till this year and now the thing is not still good. I don't really blame her anyway, because her secondary school days was not like others. At a point she had to pause for one year(that was her SS2)due to financial struggle, for me to finish my higher institution. This her sacrifice for me has been the reason why I insisted that I must make sure that she finish her school.
Re: Help Me Choose A Course Of Study For My Younger Sister With This Jamb Score by simultaneousboi(m): 10:37pm On Jul 18, 2020
Chrisrare:
I was very good in Mathematics and Chemistry but was not good at all in English(due to the school I attended) during my Secondary school days. I got 197 in my Jamb back then in 2010 which I used to study Microbiology in a Private Polytechnic. But do you know that I started learning how to speak correct English in my year ONE(though I still have loop holes), but I thank God I graduated with 2.1..... So, what am trying to say is that she can still improve, it is all about determination and hard working.

Thanks for your advice tho
Re: Help Me Choose A Course Of Study For My Younger Sister With This Jamb Score by simultaneousboi(m): 10:41pm On Jul 18, 2020
Sunstar9:
Why wasting precious time and effort writing jamb over and over again.Here in Benin Republic you get admitted without jamb result and still go for NYSC after completion of program.

Let's talk on WhatsApp for more info
Hmm... Is Benin Republic not too far for her? Just asking oooo

Anyway I will chat you as you said for more info
Re: Help Me Choose A Course Of Study For My Younger Sister With This Jamb Score by Chrisrare: 11:42pm On Jul 18, 2020
simultaneousboi:
I was very good in Mathematics and Chemistry but was not good at all in English(due to the school I attended) during my Secondary school days. I got 197 in my Jamb back then in 2010 which I used to study Microbiology in a Private Polytechnic. But do you know that I started learning how to speak correct English in my year ONE(though I still have loop holes), but I thank God I graduated with 2.1..... So, what am trying to say is that she can still improve, it is all about determination and hard working.

Thanks for your advice tho
of course she can improve. good luck to her and well done for everything you're trying to do for her.
Re: Help Me Choose A Course Of Study For My Younger Sister With This Jamb Score by simultaneousboi(m): 6:36am On Jul 19, 2020
Chrisrare:
of course she can improve. good luck to her and well done for everything you're trying to do for her.
Thanks
Re: Help Me Choose A Course Of Study For My Younger Sister With This Jamb Score by LordIsaac(m): 7:22am On Jul 19, 2020
simultaneousboi:
I wanted my younger Sister to study Nursing, but so unfortunate that she scored just 145 in her Jamb. Now, am confuse in making my decision. So, I urge you guys to help me suggest the course and possibly institution that you think can be best for her and her Jamb score. I would have said let her wait till next year, but she is 22 already and has stayed long at home without doing anything.

God bless you as you make your suggestion(s) without minding my English.
This is why polythecnics are created. Enroll her in one! grin
Re: Help Me Choose A Course Of Study For My Younger Sister With This Jamb Score by yusman14(m): 8:09am On Jul 19, 2020
simultaneousboi:
Yeah, you are right. She finished secondary school since 2016. Then, she had issues with her WAEC which made her to rewrite it again in 2017.. Last year was her first time to sit for Jamb and her score was not that fine, that made me to wait till this year and now the thing is not still good. I don't really blame her anyway, because her secondary school days was not like others. At a point she had to pause for one year(that was her SS2)due to financial struggle, for me to finish my higher institution. This her sacrifice for me has been the reason why I insisted that I must make sure that she finish her school.
Oh...I understand bro...the break she had then has effect sincerely..If JAMB decides to conduct UTME exam next year it will be better...but FG is the one to put a say because UTME may not be conducted next year because this year candidates haven't resume...A'level exams are cost and I don't think you can afford it due to the financial constraints...the best for her is to write another UTME....
Re: Help Me Choose A Course Of Study For My Younger Sister With This Jamb Score by Herbephe1(m): 8:59am On Jul 19, 2020
With your financial status, let her enroll for predegree in northern part, she will secure admission there (I suggested kasu, UDUS,
Re: Help Me Choose A Course Of Study For My Younger Sister With This Jamb Score by simultaneousboi(m): 11:14pm On Jul 19, 2020
LordIsaac:

This is why polythecnics are created. Enroll her in one! grin
Ok bro.... But no much relevant course to study in Poly
Re: Help Me Choose A Course Of Study For My Younger Sister With This Jamb Score by simultaneousboi(m): 11:15pm On Jul 19, 2020
yusman14:
Oh...I understand bro...the break she had then has effect sincerely..If JAMB decides to conduct UTME exam next year it will be better...but FG is the one to put a say because UTME may not be conducted next year because this year candidates haven't resume...A'level exams are cost and I don't think you can afford it due to the financial constraints...the best for her is to write another UTME....
Thanks brotherly

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

NMA: Universities Should Comply With Covid-19 Protocol Against Resumption / Breaking: ASUU Suspends Nine-Month-Old Strike / Admission Is Open At Valencia Academy Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.