Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,190 members, 7,780,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:17 PM

Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience (26119 Views)

Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion / Nigerians Stand Against Illegal Police Search In Mumbai, India (Photos) / Girl Thrown Out Of Pool Party, Unclad, For Resisting Sexual Harassment In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by WakeNbaked: 10:49am On Jul 19, 2020
Ishilove:
The Nigerian Police force are a disgrace, apologies to the honest officers on the forum.
And the United State Police?
Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by Seeker091: 10:50am On Jul 19, 2020
Tag Segalink then again upload your ordeal on his Twitter page under his comment section too.
Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by hardbody: 10:50am On Jul 19, 2020
zedegit:

Are there any honest police men?

Didn't you see he tagged their official link but they ignored him?

The only good policeman is a dead one. Frank was my course mate in the law school and we were close when he was the PR man in Lagos. I never failed to remind him that our friendship ended when he joined the force. I think he is still a nice guy but with that uniform on him..
Naaahhhh...i can't deal.

3 Likes

Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by LEOSIRSIR(m): 10:52am On Jul 19, 2020
what is your twitter handle?
Tag @segalink and watch how your money will be refunded

Gabaleve:
Cc: Mynd44 cc: Lalasticlala, front page please
Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 19, 2020
Gabaleve:
Here is the YouTube link to the secret video recording of the incident

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCMnEuytR8jJdwIVfCt8Ut1A

Tweet at the following handles on twitter

https://twitter.com/PoliceNG_CRU
https://twitter.com/segalink

And mention whatever useful details about the men who harassed you.
Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by Btruth: 11:12am On Jul 19, 2020
dannybrasky:

Go back to Twitter,tag segalink.
You have enough evidence already.
exactly. @segalink on twitter.

1 Like

Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 19, 2020
You should have put your twitter handle, some of us can at least help retweet
Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by pacespot(m): 11:22am On Jul 19, 2020
if you want to know why black people are discriminated against all over the world, look at nigeria first. sick and primitive people that have turned abnormalities into normal

2 Likes

Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by winkmart: 11:25am On Jul 19, 2020
They will never learn
Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by morris477(m): 11:27am On Jul 19, 2020
Whenever you see such harassment from any of the policemen or extortion and you have the opportunity to video what is happening always position your camera on his face, name and force number written on his uniform it easier to identify such police man

1 Like

Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by alpharoyalty: 11:38am On Jul 19, 2020
I dislike those guys. They are very heartless. Extorting money from the masses for no reason. Tueh�

Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by Elixir11(f): 11:47am On Jul 19, 2020
Op on instagram tag rugged man and send a DM to HarrisonGwanishu
Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by teemy(m): 11:50am On Jul 19, 2020
If any IG watches as this kind of extortion continuing unabated for so long, it is either he is complicit or incapable.

We have good cops but the bad ones get more awareness. I hope those in charge of calling those ones to order make good examples of them to put orderliness and fear in the heart of the others.
Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by MrNipplesLover(m): 12:01pm On Jul 19, 2020
The only thing that gives the police man liver is the rifle.
if we talk one-on-one, like man to man, dem be rubbish.

that's why you'll not see a police man try to do shiit with you if he's not armed or if he's alone (without his colleague). him know wetin fit end him life.

like on Thursday that I was going home, I no know wetin happen na so I see a LASTMA official and a full-kitted MOPOL in a serious wrestling fight (this happened around Anthony Under Bridge).

if to say d MOPOL had his colleague around him, or had his gun with him, dem no born d LASTMA officer well make him do nonsense.

mumu people dey fight demselves.

Nigeria police is trash already and will continue to be a trash cos most of dem officers are cultists.
dem just join d police force in order to have a legal access to firearms, that's all.

stupid, illiterate and cursed set of people.

make government allow some of us the right to own firearms too, thats how this country go sweet.

walahi.

sorry, OP.

6 Likes

Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by magicminister: 12:04pm On Jul 19, 2020
Gabaleve:
My name is David, On the 11th of July 2020 at around 11:50am, I was stopped by men of the Nigeria Police Force(Safer highways patrol) at the Ogori/Ageva road, Okene Local Govt, Kogi State. I was going to the market in company of a commercial motorcyclist whom I boarded his bike. When we got to the checkpoint, A police officer, ordered us to stop and requested to search my bag which I obliged.

While searching through my bag, they found a couple of drugs, precisely 4 tablets of paracetamol, 8 ferrous tablets, 10 folic acid tablets and a tablet of postpill, they ignorantly asked what the postpill tablet is used for, I told them it's a contraceptive, the officer who searched my bag obviously didn't know what a contraceptive is, I told him it is used to prevent pregnancy and next he exclaimed “Guy I don catch u, u dey use am do abortion abi”.

First, I thought it was all a joke, I laughed and started explaining all over again, before I could finish, one of the officers roughly pushed me from behind, held my trouser and ordered me to sit on the bare floor, I obeyed and tried not to be rude since they were all armed, they labeled me a a rapist and a muderer since they concluded contraceptives are used to commit abortion.

After a while, one of the officers came to me acting all friendly and asking me to negotiate with him so he can help me beg his colleagues because if I am taken to the cell at the area command I will spend nothing less than 3 days in custody asides the heavy torture I would receive. At this point, I secretly started an audio and video recording of the events.

While they kept harassing me, a woman who knows me came along and intervened, all her pleadings fell on deaf ears as the officers were insistent on taking nothing less than N100,000. At last they settled for N10,000 after all the harrasment, time waste, torture and emotional trauma. I have uploaded the video and audio recording of the incident as evidence.

I have posted it on the police PCRU twitter page, whatsapp number and even called their numbers. On whatsapp, the message has been read but no significant reply, and whenever I call their hotlines, they keep directing me to the social media pages and they don't reply. I also posted on twitter with the pictures and video evidence, but I haven't been able to garner enough retweets.

I am calling on the I.G of the Police Force, the Kogi State Commisioner of Police, all other relevant bodies and well meaning individuals to help me get justice, retrieve my money and bring this corrupt officers to book as soon as possible.

Pls Front page, I need help... Thanks

I have friends that can help you. The challenge they face is that once people get their money, they do not agree to show up in court and testify against those officers! Will you be willing to testify against those officers?

1 Like

Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 19, 2020
It shall never be well with any police that does illegal extortion on innocent citizens
Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by molbic(m): 12:08pm On Jul 19, 2020
if you can come to human rights radio in Abuja or call this number on week days from 8 am to 10 the number 09099887700 call the number and explained what happened you will get Justice I bet you

1 Like

Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by Kingbenn(m): 12:11pm On Jul 19, 2020
Go to Twitter and tag segalinks. He will definitely be of help

1 Like

Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by Tumbulum: 12:13pm On Jul 19, 2020
[quote author=Mrdecent post=91866819]Reason why i love being a military man[/quote cowards are here. Military my foot.only strong with unarmed ipob]
Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by OneDollarSalary(m): 12:18pm On Jul 19, 2020
I don't know what they use all the money for. O! Cigarettes, alcohol and women.
Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by Tumbulum: 12:23pm On Jul 19, 2020
Dont ever ever help a dying policeman. It's not worth it. Their death is not to be mourned.

1 Like

Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by seanwilliam(m): 12:25pm On Jul 19, 2020
magicminister:

I have friends that can help you. The challenge they face is that once people get their money, they do not agree to show up in court and testify against those officers! Will you be willing to testify against those officers?
brother long time.. how u dey. .
Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by Gabaleve(m): 12:37pm On Jul 19, 2020
izuch:
Are you sure you can buy those drugs without a prescription?? The Nigeria police force is a total disgrace when compared to world best practices. The bad eggs that ruin the image of the PF are the rank and files and until something is done to reorient and checkmate them it will continue to be a norm and life style which would be passed on intake after intake.

Your video shows nothing bro, just you mounting a bike and zooming off

You didn't watch the whole video sir... I made it in parts.. Part one to six.. All in the same YouTube channel

Most significant part is that which I uploaded on twitter

https://twitter.com/DrealGABA/status/1284194013109800960?s=19

And yes, u can get the drug without prescription, just same way u can buy a condom without prescription.

2 Likes

Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by Gabaleve(m): 12:49pm On Jul 19, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

wheres your Twitter post link? I did you use the trending hashtags in order for the post to gain more audience??

Here's the link to the twitter post

I've been trying my best to get as much audience as I can
I'd appreciate your help too
Anyway, anyhow
Thanks
Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by Euegene100001: 12:54pm On Jul 19, 2020
No honest ones in that force
Ishilove:
The Nigerian Police force are a disgrace, apologies to the honest officers on the forum.
Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by Kelvinprinzyy(m): 12:56pm On Jul 19, 2020
Call them via this 0805 700 0001
Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by Kelvinprinzyy(m): 12:59pm On Jul 19, 2020
This was when I was assaulted.
Gabaleve:

You didn't watch the whole video sir... I made it in parts.. Part one to six.. All in the same YouTube channel

Most significant part is that which I uploaded on twitter

And yes, u can get the drug without prescription, just same way u can buy a condom without prescription.

Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by Doyou2019: 1:00pm On Jul 19, 2020
Emmexk01:
In Lagos, while going from agbara to Badagry, u will find over 10 police check points, where day extort money from commercial drivers

And the drivers who have a good union to fight these extortion won't do anything about it. They are only good at transferring the cost on innocent passengers.
Do we youths ever fight anything in this god-forsaken country nitori olorun??
Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by Gabaleve(m): 1:00pm On Jul 19, 2020
litigator:

Wow! This is serious and I empathize with you.

Some bad eggs in the Nigeria Police Force will never learn. They keep soiling the name of the force with their greed and unethical behaviour.

This is no longer news, but there are laws in this country and we must ensure those laws are implemented one way or another.

However, I must commend your intellect. You have done a deligent job. It's obvious you were unnecessarily extorted and humiliated, which ought not to be the case.

From your story, it appears you are not pained about the funds those unscrupulous elements fraudulently obtained from you per say, but you are pained by the fact that they humiliated you and extorted you for no just cause.

Tag me @ mr_powei, @ segalink, @malachy_odo1, and @onlinebar.

We will see what we can do to ensure you get justice.

Sanity will return to the system when we learn to fight for our right and ensure justice is done.

I commend your effort.

But it's quite funny that members of the Nigeria Police mandated to investigate crime and criminalities don't know the difference between contraceptive and abortion drugs. Na wah.

Yahooze self dey NPF and na there e for many pass. cheesy

The govt won't weed them out for us. Since we are their employer and our taxes pay their salaries, we must ensure we sanitize the system by ourself and with our own hands.

Thanks very much sir
U understand my pains perfectly
I'll tag you ASAP
I appreciate your concerns

Here's the link to the twitter post https://twitter.com/DrealGABA/status/1284194013109800960?s=19
Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by onyxo76(m): 1:26pm On Jul 19, 2020
Gabaleve:
My name is David, On the 11th of July 2020 at around 11:50am, I was stopped by men of the Nigeria Police Force(Safer highways patrol) at the Ogori/Ageva road, Okene Local Govt, Kogi State. I was going to the market in company of a commercial motorcyclist whom I boarded his bike. When we got to the checkpoint, A police officer, ordered us to stop and requested to search my bag which I obliged.

While searching through my bag, they found a couple of drugs, precisely 4 tablets of paracetamol, 8 ferrous tablets, 10 folic acid tablets and a tablet of postpill, they ignorantly asked what the postpill tablet is used for, I told them it's a contraceptive, the officer who searched my bag obviously didn't know what a contraceptive is, I told him it is used to prevent pregnancy and next he exclaimed “Guy I don catch u, u dey use am do abortion abi”.

First, I thought it was all a joke, I laughed and started explaining all over again, before I could finish, one of the officers roughly pushed me from behind, held my trouser and ordered me to sit on the bare floor, I obeyed and tried not to be rude since they were all armed, they labeled me a a rapist and a muderer since they concluded contraceptives are used to commit abortion.

After a while, one of the officers came to me acting all friendly and asking me to negotiate with him so he can help me beg his colleagues because if I am taken to the cell at the area command I will spend nothing less than 3 days in custody asides the heavy torture I would receive. At this point, I secretly started an audio and video recording of the events.

While they kept harassing me, a woman who knows me came along and intervened, all her pleadings fell on deaf ears as the officers were insistent on taking nothing less than N100,000. At last they settled for N10,000 after all the harrasment, time waste, torture and emotional trauma. I have uploaded the video and audio recording of the incident as evidence.

I have posted it on the police PCRU twitter page, whatsapp number and even called their numbers. On whatsapp, the message has been read but no significant reply, and whenever I call their hotlines, they keep directing me to the social media pages and they don't reply. I also posted on twitter with the pictures and video evidence, but I haven't been able to garner enough retweets.

I am calling on the I.G of the Police Force, the Kogi State Commisioner of Police, all other relevant bodies and well meaning individuals to help me get justice, retrieve my money and bring this corrupt officers to book as soon as possible.

Pls Front page, I need help... Thanks
sorry bro, but you for tell them say that post pulpill na for HIV, that you just dey come from clinic. they go leave you sharp sharp...na so one stop me just after lockdown, i tell the chap say i just dey come from isolation centre where i go give my relative some pocket money, if you see the way the police dismiss me ,like say i carry bomb.

1 Like

Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by Jaqenhghar: 1:26pm On Jul 19, 2020
Mrdecent:
Reason why i love being a military man
See shithole reasoning..and its military men that have not fallen victim to that?
The day you are in mufti just pray that ine hard headed idiot diesnt confront you
Re: Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience by obyrich(m): 1:27pm On Jul 19, 2020
Police matter don tire me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Two Brothers Brutalized By Police While Arguing At A Hotel In Delta. Photos / English Woman Nearly Bites Off Man's Joystick As He Tried To Rape Her / Barber Breaks Into A House In Delta To Steal Valuables & Was Caught Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.