Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,950 members, 7,803,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

Can You Marry From A Different Tribe Or Religion? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry From A Different Tribe Or Religion? (558 Views)

Can You Marry Someone From A Different Tribe Or Religion / Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? / What Tribe Would You Love To Marry From And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry From A Different Tribe Or Religion? by Barthley: 1:35am On Jul 19, 2020
Can you marry from a different tribe or religion?
Re: Can You Marry From A Different Tribe Or Religion? by Loveisfake007: 1:36am On Jul 19, 2020
I can marry from Hell Fire once you’re wife material.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry From A Different Tribe Or Religion? by StubbornGENIUS: 1:44am On Jul 19, 2020
From a different tribe yes,but as a christian it's gonna be hard to marry from another religion,unless love is really blind wink .

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry From A Different Tribe Or Religion? by IamCookie(f): 1:45am On Jul 19, 2020
Yes,i can. It's fun! As a matter of fact , it will reduce the issues that has to do with tribalism , promote love and appreciation for one another ,as a people.

Life is flexible. Religious difference wouldn't stop me a bit provided he ticks most of my checkboxes,morally and financially

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry From A Different Tribe Or Religion? by IamCookie(f): 1:50am On Jul 19, 2020
StubbornGENIUS:
From a different tribe yes,but as a christian it's gonna be hard to marry from another religion,unless love is really blind wink .

Not anymore.
A sizeable number of persons ,particularly in the urban areas doesn't see religious differences as a major setback ,any longer .

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry From A Different Tribe Or Religion? by StubbornGENIUS: 1:53am On Jul 19, 2020
IamCookie:

Not anymore.
A sizeable number of persons ,particularly in the urban areas doesn't see religious differences as a major setback ,any longer .
That's why i said it's hard.Suppose I marry a muslimah,she's either gonna convert me or i convert her lest we both end up as atheists.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry From A Different Tribe Or Religion? by lomprico(m): 4:29am On Jul 19, 2020
we are human beings first before our tribe, race or religion.
Re: Can You Marry From A Different Tribe Or Religion? by Ajstyles01(m): 4:34am On Jul 19, 2020
I dont tink i can
that wuld be a very hard dicision
Re: Can You Marry From A Different Tribe Or Religion? by gnykelly(m): 6:07am On Jul 19, 2020
yes. character is the only thing that matters for me

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry From A Different Tribe Or Religion? by Lazycyndy(f): 6:53am On Jul 19, 2020
No and No
Re: Can You Marry From A Different Tribe Or Religion? by mrblessed(m): 7:24am On Jul 19, 2020
Even though I admire couples in interethnic and interreligious marriage, it is not something I am willing to experiment. As a man with strong cultural predilection and roots, I wouldn't be pleased and happy to see my children being disconnected from their culture as a result of their mother's ethnic origin. It is not for nothing that there is a biblical injunction/tradition that enjoins people to marry with the confines of their ethnic and religious provenance. More so, to avoid issues that may arise from ethnic and religious misconceptions, it is always good to marry within your ethnic and religious fold.

But that does not and cannot in any way diminish the significance of interethnic and religious marriages. A person might be fulfilled and happy when he/she marries outside his ethnic and religious environment, and another might have to endure a bad and unhappy marriage with someone he/she shares cultural and religious similarities. But the idea of marrying within your ethnic and religious environment can also engender mutual understanding that would help stabilise the marriage, since there would be less areas of misunderstanding.

What is more, humans are the most unpredictable of all creatures that ever exist. And when it comes to marriage, even if he/she hails from your ethnic and religious provenance or not, it is not a guarantee they would turn out good. Nevertheless, Mrblessed would stick with someone with similar cultural traits.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry From A Different Tribe Or Religion? by paulolee(m): 7:57am On Jul 19, 2020
sure because it doesn't matter and thats even the last thing am consined about when I jus meet a new bea..
as long as we both connect well and she gives me inner joy and peace of mind, i would marry here even if she is Buddhist and comes from taiwan..
Re: Can You Marry From A Different Tribe Or Religion? by tunize(m): 8:33am On Jul 19, 2020
Any tribe yes any religion No because there are lot of religious practices by various ppl and its their own kind of religion.
Re: Can You Marry From A Different Tribe Or Religion? by Meekha(m): 4:43am On Jul 20, 2020
Any tribe? yea! Any religion? Yes too. But a marriage of a person of opposite faith with me will be a conditions-filled marriage. One of such conditions involves not shoving your social and religious values down my throat or that of my children. I'll admire your culture and religion and even encourage you to practice it wholeheartedly. I also expect the same treatment too.

Anyway, I'll like to marry a less religious Christian preferentially..
Re: Can You Marry From A Different Tribe Or Religion? by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 20, 2020
Why not if she's all what am looking for in a woman sad

(1) (Reply)

DJ Cuppy Receives A Marriage Proposal From A Suitor Who Is “intoxicated In Love” / Will You Consider This Immature? / Question For The Mature Guys Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.