Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,219 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

Abuja Zoo Wears Disappointing Look, 20 Years After Inauguration - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abuja Zoo Wears Disappointing Look, 20 Years After Inauguration (66311 Views)

Nigerian Man Shows Impressive Transformation Years After He Relocated Abroad / Hungry Looking Camel In Abuja Zoo / Malnourished Lions At Port Harcourt Zoo. Nigerians React To Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Zoo Wears Disappointing Look, 20 Years After Inauguration by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 19, 2020
adolfHitler1934:
Nigerians are the worst amongst the black race. He is wicked even unto himself. He can do anything and everything to make money. He converts drugs meant for dying patients and the needy to himself and sells it for his personal enrichment. He pockets money meant for the provision of drinking water in his community. Road in his community are constructed shabby with substandard materials, he shares the rest of the money with his goons in government.
Money meant for the feeding and those animals must have been steadily going into some corrupt officials pockets since ages.

State officials and criminals hiding behind computers loot, some recovered and re looted by those who are meant to be clean.
You and I shouting and condemning the whole shameful act are not even left out because if given the opportunity we will do same if not worse.

We need a re orientation of our national life beginning from home. Children should be indoctrinated right from home at a tender age to know that corruption is wrong and a shame to the family. They should be able to ask their parents how they come about huge sums of money living luxurious lifestyle even though their salaries are less.

The faith of those animals are in God's hands because Nigerians have failed them. They would have been better off in the wild living their life than being kept among Nigerians.

Tufiakwa!

U do not understand the issue u delved into
Re: Abuja Zoo Wears Disappointing Look, 20 Years After Inauguration by lexy2014: 12:39pm On Jul 19, 2020
Stalwert:
Sad the zoo would not get the attention now that FG has more pressing problem.

How apc should win Edo and ondo election
Re: Abuja Zoo Wears Disappointing Look, 20 Years After Inauguration by Himtoisand: 12:39pm On Jul 19, 2020
Walahi! This animals dey suffer.
Re: Abuja Zoo Wears Disappointing Look, 20 Years After Inauguration by frog12: 12:39pm On Jul 19, 2020
just RELEASE the animals to the streets.
Re: Abuja Zoo Wears Disappointing Look, 20 Years After Inauguration by SarkinYarki: 12:45pm On Jul 19, 2020
You expect a country that can't take care of it people to take care of animals?
Re: Abuja Zoo Wears Disappointing Look, 20 Years After Inauguration by rachels: 1:01pm On Jul 19, 2020
GeneralPula:
Natgeo wild people dey everly enter some african countries like kenya cuz they’ve nurtured their wilds so well..

Over here in my country, it’s nonsense!

Shame on all those Prof of Animal this or that!!!

sad
lol.
Re: Abuja Zoo Wears Disappointing Look, 20 Years After Inauguration by meccuno: 1:04pm On Jul 19, 2020
adebayo201:
Zoo inside zoo.
grin grin
Re: Abuja Zoo Wears Disappointing Look, 20 Years After Inauguration by justus7: 1:05pm On Jul 19, 2020
Zoo inside zoo...
Re: Abuja Zoo Wears Disappointing Look, 20 Years After Inauguration by Slynation(m): 1:07pm On Jul 19, 2020
Eya... Poor innocent animals, they are just so unfortunate to find themselves in this zoo country
Re: Abuja Zoo Wears Disappointing Look, 20 Years After Inauguration by Slynation(m): 1:13pm On Jul 19, 2020
PureGoldh:
Na to chop the animals wey dey Inside bush we sabi

No conservation whatsoever...even the animals in the zoo ain't taken care of.

I wonder if em people in charge of the zoo no dey see how other countries zoo dey look like.

9ja matter just weak local man
When they haven't taken care of cows and humans in Nigeria... I'm sure they don't even know Nigeria has a zoo

Just like someone stated above "Zoo inside Zoo" grin

1 Like

Re: Abuja Zoo Wears Disappointing Look, 20 Years After Inauguration by ksmart027(m): 1:35pm On Jul 19, 2020
port harcourt zoo is the most stupid zoo i have ever visited, the lion there is starving to death, every other cage was empty. The only animal that look healthy is ostrich. Rivers state government should do something about that zoo.
Re: Abuja Zoo Wears Disappointing Look, 20 Years After Inauguration by Mars16(m): 1:41pm On Jul 19, 2020
GeneralPula:
Natgeo wild people dey everly enter some african countries like kenya cuz they’ve nurtured their wilds so well..

Over here in my country, it’s nonsense!

Shame on all those Prof of Animal this or that!!!

sad
You talk well.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Zoo Wears Disappointing Look, 20 Years After Inauguration by Mars16(m): 1:42pm On Jul 19, 2020
ENGINEERG:
Nigeria Govt can handle anything successfully, privatize everything joor
Read what you wrote.
Re: Abuja Zoo Wears Disappointing Look, 20 Years After Inauguration by Mummyfour(f): 2:00pm On Jul 19, 2020
Op, there was never a time that those animals were taken care of. Yes few years after obasanjo's government,that place turned into a barnyard. I use to take my children there and we just enjoy the ambience and serenity of the location,but end up putting the unfortunate animals. They are so malnourished and most of the exotic animals are no longer there. What was there as at 2 years ago were goats,sorry looking camels, monkeys and mostly domestic animals. I refrained from going to look into the pits where they keep the rock pythons because I no wan turn to their food.
Re: Abuja Zoo Wears Disappointing Look, 20 Years After Inauguration by Mummyfour(f): 2:04pm On Jul 19, 2020
Op, there was never a time that those animals were taken care of. Yes! Just for a while the zoo was maintained and all that,but few years after obasanjo's government,that place turned into a barnyard. I use to take my children there and we will just enjoy the ambience and serenity of the location,but end up pitying the unfortunate animals. They are so malnourished and most of the exotic animals are no longer there. What was there as at 2 years ago were goats,sorry looking camels, monkeys and mostly domestic animals. I refrained from going to look into the pits where they keep the rock pythons because I no wan turn to their food.the horses look like malnourished donkeys. The camels are humpless,the crocodiles looked more like big domesticated lizards. Infact let me stop here, people should go and see for themselves,abegi. Nigeria get problems
Re: Abuja Zoo Wears Disappointing Look, 20 Years After Inauguration by frog12: 2:05pm On Jul 19, 2020
they should just RELEASE the LION to the STREET.

i mean they can't take CARE of it, LET THE lion take care of himself.

ksmart027:
port harcourt zoo is the most stupid zoo i have ever visited, the lion there is starving to death, every other cage was empty. The only animal that look healthy is ostrich. Rivers state government should do something about that zoo.
Re: Abuja Zoo Wears Disappointing Look, 20 Years After Inauguration by Bahamas95(m): 2:18pm On Jul 19, 2020
Nigeria is the most useless country in the world

Re: Abuja Zoo Wears Disappointing Look, 20 Years After Inauguration by saintol(m): 2:36pm On Jul 19, 2020
Zoo In The Jungle
Re: Abuja Zoo Wears Disappointing Look, 20 Years After Inauguration by Pioneer2002(m): 2:50pm On Jul 19, 2020
This article is timely. I have been visiting that park since 2003 either with my students or my children (lately) and I have witnessed the gradual degradation of the park due to poor management. I hope someone takes up from where this journalist stopped, so that the park can be lifted. That park can fetch a lot of money for the government.
Re: Abuja Zoo Wears Disappointing Look, 20 Years After Inauguration by lordatkinson07(m): 3:19pm On Jul 19, 2020
Nothing is new again in this country.
Nigeria itself is a zoo
Re: Abuja Zoo Wears Disappointing Look, 20 Years After Inauguration by idahme(m): 3:42pm On Jul 19, 2020
As them don sell all the animals make we kill the remaining chop so that we go no say we no get zoo again
Re: Abuja Zoo Wears Disappointing Look, 20 Years After Inauguration by Quinniscent(m): 3:43pm On Jul 19, 2020
omenka:
A nation with no conscience, no shame.
God forbid!
You've said it all, no Conscience, no Shame
Re: Abuja Zoo Wears Disappointing Look, 20 Years After Inauguration by Quinniscent(m): 3:45pm On Jul 19, 2020
martineverest:
the post look suspicious...why show only this part ?
grin
martineverest:
the post look suspicious...why show only this part ?
Re: Abuja Zoo Wears Disappointing Look, 20 Years After Inauguration by magzey: 3:58pm On Jul 19, 2020
donstan18:
You don't expect Mr President to look into the zoo when there are no cows in it.

Anything cow, moves him the more.
Get well soon

Re: Abuja Zoo Wears Disappointing Look, 20 Years After Inauguration by Mattsilva: 4:30pm On Jul 19, 2020
people are dying of starvation, innocent children suffering from malnutritions in I.D.P camping everyday in Nigeria.
politicians are busy diverting palliatives meant for the poor into their personal houses and later resell it to the poor.

We're talking about zoo been abandon....
send EFCC to investigate that place, you will find out how many billions the director have embezzled.
Re: Abuja Zoo Wears Disappointing Look, 20 Years After Inauguration by ussv: 5:55pm On Jul 19, 2020
I think there should be no zoo in Nigeria, we cannot maintain it .
Re: Abuja Zoo Wears Disappointing Look, 20 Years After Inauguration by Udanta: 9:23pm On Jul 19, 2020
You are all missing the point.

These animals are free, we are the ones in a zoo. Take note.

Udanta has spoken

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos From Herbert Wigwe's Crash Site In The US / The New Abuja-Kaduna Train/Railway Station: See The Beauty And Comfort (video) / After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.