Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,093 members, 7,807,268 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

What Is The Significance Of The Mary Sculptor In Catholicism? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Significance Of The Mary Sculptor In Catholicism? (339 Views)

Roman Catholicism Is Idolatry And True Christianity Is Gnosis / Why I Want To Quit Catholicism / Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Significance Of The Mary Sculptor In Catholicism? by chatinent: 7:57am On Jul 19, 2020
As the topic has it, can sb please tell me the significance of the Mary sculptor in Roman catholicism (and its biblical backups)?
Re: What Is The Significance Of The Mary Sculptor In Catholicism? by fulaniHERDSman(m): 7:58am On Jul 19, 2020
If you are not a Catholic why bother? Catholics already know why.
Well, if you are an aspiring Catholic, get to the nearest Catholic church to you and a priest will explain this things to you.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Significance Of The Mary Sculptor In Catholicism? by chatinent: 8:12am On Jul 19, 2020
fulaniHERDSman:
If you are not a Catholic why bother? Catholics already know why.
Well, if you are an aspiring Catholic, get to the nearest Catholic church to you and a priest will explain this things to you.
I'll appreciate an open minded response here.
Re: What Is The Significance Of The Mary Sculptor In Catholicism? by Origin(f): 8:20am On Jul 19, 2020
The same significance as the jesus portrait or sculpture in Christianity.

They believe these were holy people that can intercede on their behalf to God.
Re: What Is The Significance Of The Mary Sculptor In Catholicism? by illicit(m): 8:25am On Jul 19, 2020
Idol worshipping

1 Like

Re: What Is The Significance Of The Mary Sculptor In Catholicism? by DropsMic(m): 8:30am On Jul 19, 2020
E go shock them on that day

4. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image , or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [ is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth:
5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God [ am] a jealous God
Re: What Is The Significance Of The Mary Sculptor In Catholicism? by chatinent: 8:31am On Jul 19, 2020
Origin:
The same significance as the jesus portrait or sculpture in Christianity.

They believe these were holy people that can intercede on their behalf to God.
True but the bible clearly warns against idolatry. They claim they 'venerate' Mary and to support their trinity doctrines, they call her the mother of God, which is also unscriptural.

illicit:
Idol worshipping
Very correct.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Significance Of The Mary Sculptor In Catholicism? by chatinent: 8:34am On Jul 19, 2020
Dominque, Seun, Lalasticlala fp please.
DropsMic:
E go shock them on that day

[em]4. Thou shalt not make unto thee
any graven image , or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [ is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth:

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God [ am] a jealous God[/em]
I appreciate you are sb who reads your bible. What's your take on Mary being the 'mother of God' as fondly tagged by Catholics?
Re: What Is The Significance Of The Mary Sculptor In Catholicism? by BackllGodNaija: 8:34am On Jul 19, 2020
illicit:
Idol worshipping

1 Like

Re: What Is The Significance Of The Mary Sculptor In Catholicism? by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 19, 2020
I use to do that as well but now i am bornagain. It does nothing but distract one from Jesus and the eternal Father.

Im not saying protestants are better, i havent even found a church i can commit to yet, but im simply enjoying getting to know all about only God through Jesus.
Re: What Is The Significance Of The Mary Sculptor In Catholicism? by chatinent: 1:10pm On Jul 19, 2020
Starlight10:
I use to do that as well but now i am bornagain. It does nothing but distract one from Jesus and the eternal Father.

Im not saying protestants are better, i havent even found a church i can commit to yet, but im simply enjoying getting to know all about only God through Jesus.
Thanks for your inputs. Please can you explain what being born again means to you? You know, it was many meanings to different people.
Re: What Is The Significance Of The Mary Sculptor In Catholicism? by orunto27: 2:24pm On Jul 19, 2020
HISTORY AND REVERENCE.
Re: What Is The Significance Of The Mary Sculptor In Catholicism? by Kobojunkie: 1:52am On Jul 20, 2020
chatinent:
As the topic has it, can sb please tell me the significance of the Mary sculptor in Roman catholicism (and its biblical backups)?
an image to be worshiped
Re: What Is The Significance Of The Mary Sculptor In Catholicism? by chatinent: 7:54am On Jul 20, 2020
Kobojunkie:
an image to be worshiped
Thanks for your input. By worship, you mean idolatry?
Re: What Is The Significance Of The Mary Sculptor In Catholicism? by Kobojunkie: 2:23pm On Jul 20, 2020
chatinent:

Thanks for your input. By worship, you mean idolatry?
yeah...idolatry in broad daylight, done in the name of God too.

(1) (Reply)

One Of Many Proofs That The Church Is The Body Of CHRIST / A Prophet With No Miracle, The Scam Founded By Mohammed / Understanding The Book Of Revelation, Study Series, Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.