Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,509 members, 7,781,560 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:02 PM

Olanipekun, Four SANS Lead Cases Seeking To Disqualify Obaseki And Saibu - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olanipekun, Four SANS Lead Cases Seeking To Disqualify Obaseki And Saibu (30587 Views)

Pressure Mounts On APC To Disqualify Obaseki From Guber Race - Thisday Newspaper / Court Asked To Disqualify Obaseki From Edo Election / 12 SANs Lead Sanusi's Battle For Freedom, Hearing Begins Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olanipekun, Four SANS Lead Cases Seeking To Disqualify Obaseki And Saibu by fergie001: 9:21am On Jul 21, 2020
Dansuqi:

What do you mean it has no time limit? Are you saying it cannot be chained by 14 days
I brought up this matter on the Imo thread and you shut me out.

The Judiciary has confused everyone. Section 285 talks about 14 days, Justice Ekwo gave a decision on Nwosu that was past 3 months and the SC affirmed.

Is it not confusing?

Under normal circumstances, 2 weeks from 30th should be it, but, therein lies the confusion.

The big question is ....What can be defined as a Pre-Election case?

ejimatic
Re: Olanipekun, Four SANS Lead Cases Seeking To Disqualify Obaseki And Saibu by fergie001: 9:24am On Jul 21, 2020
Dansuqi:

Phillip shuaibu, shuaibu Phillip,shiabu phillip
He has to back what he claims to have. Its not a P IF he has the registered bodies to back that.

All these NANS guys, their education qualifications be as e get.
Re: Olanipekun, Four SANS Lead Cases Seeking To Disqualify Obaseki And Saibu by NnadyAutos: 10:03am On Jul 21, 2020
This matter will end in supreme court and before then Obaseki must have been sworn in as 2nd term governor of Edo State.
Re: Olanipekun, Four SANS Lead Cases Seeking To Disqualify Obaseki And Saibu by Dansuqi: 10:39am On Jul 21, 2020
fergie001:

He has to back what he claims to have. Its not a P IF he has the registered bodies to back that.

All these NANS guys, their education qualifications be as e get.

He needs a notary,a known one and am sure he doesn't have....mind you,your a NANS guy...the only nans guy I like is bassey eka
Re: Olanipekun, Four SANS Lead Cases Seeking To Disqualify Obaseki And Saibu by Dansuqi: 10:41am On Jul 21, 2020
fergie001:

The Judiciary has confused everyone. Section 285 talks about 14 days, Justice Ekwo gave a decision on Nwosu that was past 3 months and the SC affirmed.

Is it not confusing?

Under normal circumstances, 2 weeks from 30th should be it, but, therein lies the confusion.

ejimatic

Apc can always say they waited till the time of substitution passes to be sure of the candidate they are dealing with

2 Likes

Re: Olanipekun, Four SANS Lead Cases Seeking To Disqualify Obaseki And Saibu by fergie001: 10:48am On Jul 21, 2020
Dansuqi:

He needs a notary,a known one and am sure he doesn't have....mind you,your a NANS guy...the only nans guy I like is bassey eka
I left NANS a long time ago....made worse by Dauda's death

Man has to move on.

I don't know if Shaibu has a notary though....when the case set...then we will see how it goes.
Re: Olanipekun, Four SANS Lead Cases Seeking To Disqualify Obaseki And Saibu by fergie001: 10:49am On Jul 21, 2020
Dansuqi:

Apc can always say they waited till the time of substitution passes to be sure of the candidate they are dealing with
The Court wouldn't care about that.

My concern is how they correlate Section 285 (if indeed this case was filed post-14 days), with the Nwosu's case.
Re: Olanipekun, Four SANS Lead Cases Seeking To Disqualify Obaseki And Saibu by Dansuqi: 11:08am On Jul 21, 2020
fergie001:

The Court wouldn't care about that.

My concern is how they correlate Section 285 (if indeed this case was filed post-14 days), with the Nwosu's case.

Nwosu case is a big mistake.

1 Like

Re: Olanipekun, Four SANS Lead Cases Seeking To Disqualify Obaseki And Saibu by fergie001: 11:20am On Jul 21, 2020
Dansuqi:

Nwosu case is a big mistake.
This is what I have been saying that the Court across Board must cleanse itself from many judgements wrt Imo State.

The people who are taking Uzodinma to Court are also citing that judgement. This is the time the SC must come out and clear up issues now.
Re: Olanipekun, Four SANS Lead Cases Seeking To Disqualify Obaseki And Saibu by kahal29: 11:47am On Jul 21, 2020
fergie001:

This is what I have been saying that the Court across Board must cleanse itself from many judgements wrt Imo State.

The people who are taking Uzodinma to Court are also citing that judgement. This is the time the SC must come out and clear up issues now.

Clear which issue?
Re: Olanipekun, Four SANS Lead Cases Seeking To Disqualify Obaseki And Saibu by fergie001: 11:56am On Jul 21, 2020
kahal29:

Clear which issue?
The case that nullified Nwosu's candidature was a pre-election suit filed over 3 months after Primaries had been concluded, and over 2 months after INEC has published names of candidates for the Guber elections.

The HC ruled on the case, and it was affirmed by both the CoA & SC.

The question is "what defines a pre-election case"?
Re: Olanipekun, Four SANS Lead Cases Seeking To Disqualify Obaseki And Saibu by ejimatic: 12:43pm On Jul 21, 2020
fergie001:

Is it not confusing?

ejimatic
. Any case that affects screening of candidates at the party level to the release of contestants names by INEC is a preelection matter Substitution of a candidate name in case of an emergency is also a preelection matter...APC vrs Faleke
Re: Olanipekun, Four SANS Lead Cases Seeking To Disqualify Obaseki And Saibu by fergie001: 12:45pm On Jul 21, 2020
ejimatic:
. Any case that affects screening of candidates at the party level to the release of contestants names by INEC is a preelection matter Substitution of a candidate name in case of an emergency is also a preelection matter...APC vrs Faleke
That's the confusion to me because in the case of Nwosu, the case was well over 2 months and the High Court as well as Supreme Court gave judgement in the matter ditching the Section 285 provision.
Re: Olanipekun, Four SANS Lead Cases Seeking To Disqualify Obaseki And Saibu by ejimatic: 1:04pm On Jul 21, 2020
fergie001:

That's the confusion to me because in the case of Nwosu, the case was well over 2 months and the High Court as well as Supreme Court gave judgement in the matter ditching the Section 285 provision.
. The SC usually overrules time frame as long as fair hearing is not affected. to the two parties. Using time frame to deprive justice is considered technicality by the SC.
Re: Olanipekun, Four SANS Lead Cases Seeking To Disqualify Obaseki And Saibu by fergie001: 1:07pm On Jul 21, 2020
ejimatic:
. The SC usually overrules time frame as long as fair hearing is not affected. to the two parties. Using time frame to deprive justice is considered technicality by the SC.
...and an aberration to the Constitution.

This is because they have used same technicality on many cases before them, especially this CJN.

About 10 cases were in the SC when Section 285(9) was enacted. This CJN threw out all cases without citing fair hearing. As recently, the case of Lokpobiri suffered same fate because he filed 16 days after.

When can we say the technicality should suffice?
Re: Olanipekun, Four SANS Lead Cases Seeking To Disqualify Obaseki And Saibu by ejimatic: 4:18pm On Jul 21, 2020
fergie001:

...and an aberration to the Constitution.

This is because they have used same technicality on many cases before them, especially this CJN.

About 10 cases were in the SC when Section 285(9) was enacted. This CJN threw out all cases without citing fair hearing. As recently, the case of Lokpobiri suffered same fate because he filed 16 days after.

When can we say the technicality should suffice?
. It is inconsistency from the apex Court which must have been taken care of when having their indoor debate on a case.Possibly factors necessitating the non adherence to the time frame are usually considered before SC decision on such a matter.It then that technicality is sustained if it is genuine or overruled if it is frivolous and an attempt to tamper with the justice.

1 Like

Re: Olanipekun, Four SANS Lead Cases Seeking To Disqualify Obaseki And Saibu by fergie001: 4:20pm On Jul 21, 2020
ejimatic:
. It is inconsistency from the apex Court which must have been taken care of when having their indoor debate on a case.Possibly factors necessitating the non adherence to the time frame are usually considered before SC decision on such a matter.It then that technicality is sustained if it is genuine or overruled if it is frivolous and an attempt to tamper with the justice.
It is up to them to come out clear.......so that people won't go through a process of litigations only to discover that the matter will be settled after "a 5-man merry-go-rounding".

1 Like

Re: Olanipekun, Four SANS Lead Cases Seeking To Disqualify Obaseki And Saibu by ejimatic: 4:24pm On Jul 21, 2020
fergie001:

It is up to them to come out clear.......so that people won't go through a process of litigations only to discover that the matter will be settled after "a 5-man merry-go-rounding".
. I agree with you..Regrettably their decision is final
Re: Olanipekun, Four SANS Lead Cases Seeking To Disqualify Obaseki And Saibu by ejimatic: 4:28pm On Jul 21, 2020
fergie001:

I stand with youWhen deciding on a matter involving the time frame the SC should make it clear why it is sustained or overruled .That is a clear cut judgement ...Regrettably their decision is the final
Re: Olanipekun, Four SANS Lead Cases Seeking To Disqualify Obaseki And Saibu by fergie001: 4:34pm On Jul 21, 2020
ejimatic:
I stand with youWhen deciding on a matter involving the time frame the SC should make it clear why it is sustained or overruled .That is a clear cut judgement ...Regrettably their decision is the final
This case will now go to how the Justices feel.
Re: Olanipekun, Four SANS Lead Cases Seeking To Disqualify Obaseki And Saibu by ejimatic: 5:09pm On Jul 21, 2020
fergie001:
This case will now go to how the Justices feel.
. Exactly
Re: Olanipekun, Four SANS Lead Cases Seeking To Disqualify Obaseki And Saibu by engineerboat(m): 7:48pm On Jul 21, 2020
fergie001:

The Supreme court Should come out clear on this issue
Re: Olanipekun, Four SANS Lead Cases Seeking To Disqualify Obaseki And Saibu by fergie001: 8:00pm On Jul 21, 2020
engineerboat:

The Supreme court Should come out clear on this issue
One Court making confusing and differing decisions on same subject matter.
Re: Olanipekun, Four SANS Lead Cases Seeking To Disqualify Obaseki And Saibu by engineerboat(m): 8:37pm On Jul 21, 2020
fergie001:

The SC should serve as precedence for judgement

But at the moment our SC is setting different presence which give room for more confusion
Re: Olanipekun, Four SANS Lead Cases Seeking To Disqualify Obaseki And Saibu by engineerboat(m): 9:18pm On Jul 21, 2020
fergie001:

The issue of Degi here doesn't apply because Degi refused to name the rotary public that gave him multiple names.

NYSC has admitted their mistake...
UI has affirmed he was their student.

You didn't complete it..when not backed by a recognised notary public or the certification body.

The case is more or else like Lawrence's than Degi's.

The issues of 2016....I don't have a full grasp, I don't know what he submitted then (many can't help me here on NL)..that's why I don't intend to discuss the substance of the case.

The publication by INEC was June 30, did you know when this was filed?
Helping with that info will go a long way.

Available writ of summon shown that A money was paid to the cashier of the court on the 14th of July

Which is stiill the forner cases filled by same Ezioge Idahosa.

No records of Registrar stamps and other necessary procedure established.

I see this as Distraction going nowhere
Re: Olanipekun, Four SANS Lead Cases Seeking To Disqualify Obaseki And Saibu by fergie001: 9:37pm On Jul 21, 2020
engineerboat:

Available writ of summon shown that A money was paid to the cashier of the court on the 14th of may,

It can't be that case then....because as at May 14...the PDP hadn't done their Primaries neither had the APC.

The basis cited in this Article is different from that one.

I will not be surprised if its all a ruse.
Re: Olanipekun, Four SANS Lead Cases Seeking To Disqualify Obaseki And Saibu by Mylove55(f): 10:04pm On Jul 21, 2020
NnadyAutos:
This matter will end in supreme court and before then Obaseki must have been sworn in as 2nd term governor of Edo State.
it will not take 2months to discharge the case.
even before election, thief obaseki will be disqualified
Re: Olanipekun, Four SANS Lead Cases Seeking To Disqualify Obaseki And Saibu by Mylove55(f): 10:23pm On Jul 21, 2020
fergie001:

at this point, sc will adhere to the judgement of bayelsa to decide obaseki fate, to avoid more confusion,
because contrary to that, they will reverse themselves.
Re: Olanipekun, Four SANS Lead Cases Seeking To Disqualify Obaseki And Saibu by Mylove55(f): 10:32pm On Jul 21, 2020
fergie001:

It can't be that case then....because as at May 14...the PDP hadn't done their Primaries neither had the APC.

is not a ruse,
engineerboat always tell lies from the stable of PDP.
Re: Olanipekun, Four SANS Lead Cases Seeking To Disqualify Obaseki And Saibu by engineerboat(m): 2:17am On Jul 22, 2020
fergie001:

Sorry i mean to say 14th July

Re: Olanipekun, Four SANS Lead Cases Seeking To Disqualify Obaseki And Saibu by fergie001: 6:17am On Jul 22, 2020
engineerboat:

Sorry i mean to say 14th July
Ok.....It is in order then.
Re: Olanipekun, Four SANS Lead Cases Seeking To Disqualify Obaseki And Saibu by kahal29: 6:37am On Jul 22, 2020
engineerboat:

Available writ of summon shown that A money was paid to the cashier of the court on the 14th of July

My Oga You should know that Olanikpekun knows his Onions when it comes to rules and practice of courts. Focus your attention on the main suit and worry less about filing procedures of court.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

‘You are Inflicting Hardship On Nigerians’, PDP Tells Buhari / See The Items Recovered From Boko Haram Suspect Linked To Attacks In Benue State / Tijjani Ibrahim Dies In Chinese Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.