Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness (1745 Views)

Bible Contradiction - Did God Create Man First Or Created Man And Woman Together / Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? / Created In God's Image And Likeness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by coputa(m): 8:52am On Jul 19, 2020
Gen.1:26 "God created man in his own image and likeness."Does it refer to the bodily or biological form,because God is a spirit and man is earthly,it is also true that the body does not belong to the image,since God does not have a body.
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by dingbang(m): 8:58am On Jul 19, 2020
It is true that God made man in his image and likeness, but sin came upon the earth and turned man into mortal.

2 Likes

Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by Scatterscatter(m): 9:12am On Jul 19, 2020
Talking about "in God's image & likeness" points to the tripite nature of God.

God the father (soul)
God the Spirit (Spirit)
God the Son (body)

Mind you, God is one but He manifests in different dimensions.

Man is also a tripite being because we are a Spirit, we have a Soul and we live in a body.

2 Likes

Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 19, 2020
I have learnt to stay in my business.

If u dont wanna lose your sanity about the GOD symbolism et all. Just enjoy life.

Arguing about GOD and its form is a waste of time. Something wey we all know see. Its just a belief.

How Mr A wan tek agree say Mr B correct.

1 Like

Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by coputa(m): 10:11am On Jul 19, 2020
Scatterscatter:

God the father (soul)
God the Spirit (Spirit)
God the Son (body)

Man is also a tripite being because we are a Spirit, we have a Soul and we live in a body.
Are you saying that man exhudes the soul,spirit and body of God.
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by sonmvayina(m): 10:14am On Jul 19, 2020
Let us (God +Earth) Make man in our own image after our likeness.... Man is made up of spirit from God and dust from the earth.. Sealed by God's breadth... At death everything returns to default settings...

Psalm 104 :29-31 and Ecclessiatics 12, :7

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by coputa(m): 10:33am On Jul 19, 2020
sonmvayina:
Let us (God +Earth) Make man in our own image after our likeness.... Man is made up of spirit from God and dust from the earth.. Sealed by God's breadth... At death everything returns to default settings...

What are the images and likeness of God in man?

1 Like

Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by TheNobleProphet: 10:47am On Jul 19, 2020
GOD ALMIGHTY Is The OWNER of All Forms In The Universe........so, HE Definitely Has BODILY FORM(S)

It is important to note that, we are NOT the "man" created in HIS Image! These set of men Created in HIS Image are known as "Primordial Spiritual Beings"!!

We human beings on earth are the "men formed from dust"........genesis chapter 2 vs 7 would guide you!

Shalom!
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by sonmvayina(m): 11:01am On Jul 19, 2020
coputa:

Conciousness.. From God. And body from the earth..

Read the Yoruba creation myth, it is still same thing, as well as igbo too..

Obatala made human figurines and God (eledumare) animated them..
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by coputa(m): 11:02am On Jul 19, 2020
TheNobleProphet:
GOD ALMIGHTY Is The OWNER of All Forms In The Universe........so, HE Definitely Has BODILY FORM(S)

It is important to note that, we are NOT the "man" created in HIS Image! These set of men Created in HIS Image are known as "Primordial Spiritual Beings"!!

We human beings on earth are the "men formed from dust"........genesis chapter 2 vs 7 would guide you!

Shalom!
These primordial spiritual beings were not mentioned by God during creation but God said in Gen.1:26"let us make man in our image according to our likeness.What are the attributes of God in man.
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by Janosky: 11:12am On Jul 19, 2020
Scatterscatter:

God the father (soul)
God the Spirit (Spirit)
God the Son (body)

CRAP !

◄ Genesis 1:27 ►

New International Version
So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; [/b]male and female he created them.

Genesis 5:1
This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that [b]God created man, He made him in His own likeness.

Genesis 2:21-25
And the LORD[b] God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs,[/b] and closed up the flesh instead thereof; …

Genesis 5:2
Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Genesis 1:27, 5:1-2, 2:21-25 says God is a "HE".

Deuteronomy 6:4 Yahweh is one.
Yahweh is NOT a man made triune dimensions
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by TheNobleProphet: 11:19am On Jul 19, 2020
coputa:
These primordial spiritual beings were not mentioned by God during creation but God said in Gen.1:26"let us make man in our image according to our likeness.What are the attributes of God in man.
Learn to genuinely follow and obey The Fundamental Laws of GOD ALMIGHTY in Creation and you would clearly see all GOD'S attributes inherent in men; but it is extremely sad that majority of men still foolishly choose to follow the wrong path! Shalom!
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by Janosky: 11:26am On Jul 19, 2020
coputa:
Gen.1:26 "God created man in his own image and likeness."Does it refer to the bodily or biological form,because God is a spirit and man is earthly,it is also true that the body does not belong to the image,since God does not have a body.
Let's get this SCRIPTURAL facts straight.
John 4:24 God is a Spirit Being.
1 Corinthians 15:40. Spirit beings live in spiritual bodies.
Humans beings live in fleshly bodies.
God dwells in his spiritual body in the spiritual realm just as humans dwell in the physical realm with a physical body (flesh).
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by Janosky: 11:44am On Jul 19, 2020
coputa:

God made made man in his own image", That is Yahweh gave Godly attributes to Man.
For this reason, Psalms 82:1,6 Man is a god. (Compare John 10:34-36).

God made Man according to His likeness', that is, Yahweh made Man to resemble His Maker , act like his Maker.

Every child is in the likeness of his Father, looks like his father, copies from his father..
Yahweh CREATED everything in the physical and spiritual realms.
In the physical realm, man repeats God's creation in the physical realm - for instance, observe the aeroplane and see the wingspan of a Bird and the tail of a fish.
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by coputa(m): 11:45am On Jul 19, 2020
Janosky:

Let's get this SCRIPTURAL facts straight.
John 4:24 God is a Spirit Being.
1 Corinthians 15:40. Spirit beings live in spiritual bodies.
Humans beings live in fleshly bodies.
God dwells in his spiritual body in the spiritual realm just as humans dwell in the physical realm with a physical body (flesh).
Good,how does God that dwells in the spiritual realm created man(earthly being) in his image and likeness.and what are the characteristics of God in man.
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by Scatterscatter(m): 11:54am On Jul 19, 2020
coputa:
Are you saying that man exhudes the soul,spirit and body of God.

At creation, man was made to "perfection" until the fall. God even came down every evening to "gist" with man.

Don't compare the Man we have now to the Man God created and the Man that will rise to eternity in Christ.

Just so you know, Man is the only creation of God that is a Spirit, soul & body. Not even Satan or the angels have this.

Jesus is God in bodily form. If you understand this, every other thing will be clear to you.
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by Scatterscatter(m): 11:57am On Jul 19, 2020
Janosky:

CRAP !

◄ Genesis 1:27 ►

So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; [/b]male and female he created them.

This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that [b]God created man, He made him in His own likeness.

And the LORD[b] God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs,[/b] and closed up the flesh instead thereof; …

Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Genesis 1:27, 5:1-2, 2:21-25 says God is a "HE".

Yahweh is NOT a man made triune dimensions

I won't waste my time explaining to you because it is clear you only want to argue & not open to learning.
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 19, 2020
coputa:
Good,how does God that dwells in the spiritual realm created man(earthly being) in his image and likeness.and what are the characteristics of God in man.

The word referred to as "Image" there means the qualities not physic!

There are millions of creatures on this planet, God chose to create one specie that will "rule" all these creatures. So no matter how gigantic or fast any creature can be, God made man to control them.

That's why man has qualities like making things better and making better things, unlike all the creatures on planet earth man alone keeps improving in the way we do things, the whale is the largest animal today it has continued to live in the sea and it's lifestyle remain the same. But when you compare to man, we've changed a lot in fashion, communication, habitation, delicacies and so on. This is the image God is talking about but in terms of organizational arrangement and orderliness we failed woefully because our first parents turned their backs on the one who could set the standard for orderliness to reign.
Humans were created with the ability to cohabit peacefully without any problem, that's why God refers to those who are able to organize themselves in an orderly manner as his sheep! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by Janosky: 12:12pm On Jul 19, 2020
Scatterscatter:

I won't waste my time explaining to you because it is clear you only want to argue & not open to learning.

John 20:17, I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God"
(The same message in Revelations 3:5,12)

It seems you know Bible & know God more than His son, Jesus Christ.
Go and quarrel with Jesus, grin grin
Jesus Christ himself says your posts is pointless.
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by Playthepianos: 12:16pm On Jul 19, 2020
sonmvayina:

Wrong. Let us means Father, Son and the Holy Spirit - not God + Earth.
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by Janosky: 12:26pm On Jul 19, 2020
Playthepianos:

You're very Wrong... Hebrews 1:1-2 says so.

Genesis 1:27 ►

This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, He made him in His own likeness.

And the LORD[b] God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs,
and closed up the flesh instead thereof; …

Genesis 1:27, 5:1-2, 2:21-25 says God , Yahweh the Creator is a "HE".

Yahweh is NOT man made triune dimensions.

Hebrews 1:1-2 corroborates Genesis 1:27. 5:1-2. 2:21-25.
Yahweh made the Universe THROUGH His Son.
Yahweh spoke to His Son, "Let us make man" in Genesis 1:26.
Genesis 1:27. 5:1-2, Cancelled the Trinitarian TWIST of Genesis 1:26.

Romans 11:34-36, Yahweh CREATED his Son Jesus Christ.
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by sonmvayina(m): 12:31pm On Jul 19, 2020
Playthepianos:

Lol... Very funny.
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by Playthepianos: 12:33pm On Jul 19, 2020
Janosky:

You're very Wrong... Hebrews 1:1-2 says so.

Genesis 1:27 ►

This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, He made him in His own likeness.

And the LORD[b] God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs,
and closed up the flesh instead thereof; …

Genesis 1:27, 5:1-2, 2:21-25 says God , Yahweh the Creator is a "HE".

Yahweh is NOT man made triune dimensions.

Hebrews 1:1-2 corroborates Genesis 1:27. 5:1-2. 2:21-25.
Yahweh made the Universe THROUGH His Son.
Yahweh spoke to His Son, "Let us make man" in Genesis 1:26.
Genesis 1:27. 5:1-2, Cancelled the Trinitarian TWIST of Genesis 1:26.

Romans 11:34-36, Yahweh CREATED his Son Jesus Christ.

Lol. Did you know that of all you just quoted, you just proved yourself wrong and proved me right?

Man, this is deception. The Devil has successfully deceived many of us.

Kindly explain 1 John 5:7 if you say the Trinity is a man-made concept.

Besides I didn't say God is three. Read the 1 John 5:7 to understand.
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by Playthepianos: 12:35pm On Jul 19, 2020
sonmvayina:

Lol... Very funny.

Let's hear your view if you think I am wrong.
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by oluwaahmed: 12:37pm On Jul 19, 2020
@OP your question shows that you have genuinely asked the eternal father for the truth, because like jesus said, it's the truth that will set you free. The truth will bring understanding and wisdom to you so you can comprehend the verse. God is an invisible eternal father. An invisible being can have no image because it does not conform to matter.
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by sonmvayina(m): 2:20pm On Jul 19, 2020
Playthepianos:

Let's hear your view if you think I am wrong.

I have already stated it.. God provided the spirit and the earth provided the dust for the body.. To create man..

It is same myth every where on earth, I wonder why the Christian interpret it differently..

Read. Psalm 104 :29-31.
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by Playthepianos: 2:33pm On Jul 19, 2020
sonmvayina:

I have already stated it.. God provided the spirit and the earth provided the dust for the body.. To create man..

It is same myth every where on earth, I wonder why the Christian interpret it differently..

Read. Psalm 104 :29-31.

Like I said earlier, all your claims only proves that there is a Trinity.

The Bible clearly states that man was created from Dust. But then, it clearly states again that Man was created in God's image (Father, Son and Holy Spirit).

There's no explanation you can give against this.

You really need help. Jehovah Witness Doctrines are evil.

If you don't believe things as simple as this, then I am sorry - You simply are not a Christian.
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by Playthepianos: 2:35pm On Jul 19, 2020
oluwaahmed:
@OP your question shows that you have genuinely asked the eternal father for the truth, because like jesus said, it's the truth that will set you free. The truth will bring understanding and wisdom to you so you can comprehend the verse. God is an invisible eternal father. An invisible being can have no image because it does not conform to matter.

lol. What else should we expect from a Muslim?

Now answer my question: is Allah your father?
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by sonmvayina(m): 3:12pm On Jul 19, 2020
Playthepianos:

Like I said earlier, all your claims only proves that there is a Trinity.

The Bible clearly states that man was created from Dust. But then, it clearly states again that Man was created in God's image (Father, Son and Holy Spirit).

There's no explanation you can give against this.

You really need help. Jehovah Witness Doctrines are evil.

If you don't believe things as simple as this, then I am sorry - You simply are not a Christian.

Jesus is an Idol created by Rome... It has got nothing to do with God..

God is one.. Not 3 or 3 in one.. Read deuteronomy 6:4..and Isaiah 45 1-10.
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by Playthepianos: 3:22pm On Jul 19, 2020
sonmvayina:

Jesus is an Idol created by Rome... It has got nothing to do with God..

God is one.. Not 3 or 3 in one.. Read deuteronomy 6:4..and Isaiah 45 1-10.

okay.

Read 1 John 5:7
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by sonmvayina(m): 3:50pm On Jul 19, 2020
Playthepianos:

okay.

You are quoting a fabrication for me.. If I quote Koran for you will you accept it?.. We need something outside of the new testament to confirm it... Give me an Evidence from the old testament that God had a son or that we are expected to believe the death of the messiah in other to be saved..
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by sonmvayina(m): 3:51pm On Jul 19, 2020
Playthepianos:

okay.

You are using the new testament to prove the new testament..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. / Abuja Higher Life Conference / After Death What Next

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.