Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,889 members, 7,806,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

Why I’m Mr. Peter Obi Fanatic. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I’m Mr. Peter Obi Fanatic. (209 Views)

Ifeanyi Ubah: Why I’m Caucusing With APC Despite Belonging To YPP / Kwankwaso: Why I’m So Proud Of Jonathan – Fani-kayode / 2019: Why I’m Not Bothered About Defections – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I’m Mr. Peter Obi Fanatic. by ODI444(m): 10:30am On Jul 19, 2020
I lived almost all my life in Anambra state.
I knew how my state was pre-democracy, pre-Peter Obi, during Peter Obi and now.
Educationally, we had an educated elite: Achebe, Okigbo, Ojukwu, Mbanefo, etc. Every clan can boast of educated elites.
But there was this gap. Nobody to take over from these sound minds and it was never a priority to the ruling class.
Just like Arsenal FC, Anambra left the league of educated states to mid table strugglers.
Under a civilian governor, the state went on strike for one year.
And it affected my dear state psychologically and otherwise.
During the time of old Anambra state, then Gov Jim Nwobodo would always want to sit on the first row during National events involving states governors. If the opportunity didn’t come, he would go to the MC and influence him to call governors based on the alphabetical order of their states. Of course Anambra was always Number one.
But this mentality of being on the front row died when education died in Anambra state.
Mr. Peter Obi came and restored it.
Anambra dominated in Education once more until recently that Abia state has taken over.
Some people opined that it’s because of malpractices that helped Anambra, but some of our Secondary School girls have won international competitions beating China, US, European countries. Our boys also represented the country in engineering and did exceptionally well.
Has it helped the image of Anambra today?
A great deal if I may say. Today, the toga of “Anambra men don’t go to school” has changed to “Anambra men are too loud”.
We have not only taken back our front row seat, we already have it lockdown. The magic wand was the sustainable policy on education initiated by Mr Peter Obi.
He handed schools back to the mission and funded them.
In his thinking, if Our educated elites are products of mission schools, then missionaries should help bridge the gap created when the schools were taken away from them after the war.
As we celebrate this Icon today, it’s my wish that our leaders initiate radical policies that will impact positively in the society. Because according to Peter Obi, “The society we abuse today will take it’s toll on our children tomorrow”.
Happy birthday The Groomer of Leaders.
More strength, wisdom and grace.

ODI is a Political Strategist
Based in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Why I’m Mr. Peter Obi Fanatic. by Electrification: 10:50am On Jul 19, 2020
Peter obi is my role model,if this country had just one third of people like him as politicians, I swear things would have since changed for the better.
Re: Why I’m Mr. Peter Obi Fanatic. by Charleys: 11:34am On Jul 19, 2020
Electrification:
Peter obi is my role model,if this country had just one third of people like him as politicians, I swear things would have since changed for the better.

The owners of the shops and businesses he destroyed while in office will tell you a different story.

I don't care about Peter obi.
I care about me.
Re: Why I’m Mr. Peter Obi Fanatic. by sageb: 12:43pm On Jul 19, 2020
Happy birthday peter obi
Re: Why I’m Mr. Peter Obi Fanatic. by helinues: 12:44pm On Jul 19, 2020
Happy birthday sir.

Age with grace
Re: Why I’m Mr. Peter Obi Fanatic. by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:49pm On Jul 19, 2020
Charleys:

The owners of the shops and businesses he destroyed while in office will tell you a different story.

I care about me.
Sometimes sacrifices had to be made for good things to be ushered in!

Leaders like Peter Obi are not common in Nigeria

When it comes to leadership in this country only the morally bankrupt will speak well of Tinubu and speak Ill of people like Peter Obi and Fashola!

Happy birthday to a well deserved leader!!!

1 Like

Re: Why I’m Mr. Peter Obi Fanatic. by ODI444(m): 12:59pm On Jul 19, 2020
Charleys:

I care about me.
When I become a governor, I will restore Onitsha to the design of the British.
That will leave two or three markets in the city.

1 Like

Re: Why I’m Mr. Peter Obi Fanatic. by Yorubaskullmine: 3:36pm On Jul 19, 2020
Peter Obi is a good man, a very good man.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Understanding Deji Adeyanju’s False Sense Of Patriotism / IPOB Bans Members From Listening To Anyone Exposing Nnamdi Kanu / Diri Will Govern Bayelsa With Bitter Heart... TIMI FRANK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.