Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,118 members, 7,807,380 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

Super Eagles Legend Austin Okocha Reveals Biggest Regret - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Legend Austin Okocha Reveals Biggest Regret (223 Views)

Okocha Reveals Players Rohr Needs To Succeed With Super Eagles / Austin Okocha Make PSG's Team Of The Decade List / Okocha: Missing Out On CAF POTY Award My Biggest Regret (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Super Eagles Legend Austin Okocha Reveals Biggest Regret by gistyinka(m): 6:06pm On Jul 19, 2020
Okocha, who won the Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) and Olympic Games with Nigeria during his playing days, admitted that he did not do enough to win the prestigious accolade.

“And if I’m to say, I’ll say, I regret not winning the African Footballer of the year,” Okocha said on Mastercard.

“But of course, if you look back, there’s always a time that you say ‘Oh maybe you could’ve done a bit better than you did’.

Okocha was runner-up in 1998 behind Morocco’s Mustapha Hadji and also finished third in 2003 and 2004 respectively.

“I thought I did enough to have won it because it was not a fluke that I won the BBC player of the Year three years in a row and not managed to win that CAF award,” he continued.

“But I mean maybe it was not meant to be. Well, I think I don’t want to sound greedy, but I’ve had an amazing career, I never thought I would make it that big.”

https://gyonlineng.com/okocha/

(1) (Reply)

Leeds & West Brom Promoted To EPL / ....... / Osimhen’s Mentality About Italy Has Changed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.