Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,783 members, 7,798,609 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:10 AM

REVENGE (an Action Thriller) - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / REVENGE (an Action Thriller) (25601 Views)

The Bodyguard - An Action/romance Thriller / RESTLESS - An Action/Romance Thriller / THE AGENTS (action Thriller) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: REVENGE (an Action Thriller) by Kentuforchrist(m): 8:25am On Oct 27, 2020
please update ooo

1 Like

Re: REVENGE (an Action Thriller) by Jamesbiodun(m): 10:43pm On Oct 27, 2020
OP abeg update nah

1 Like

Re: REVENGE (an Action Thriller) by chatinent: 9:50am On Oct 28, 2020
Update o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: REVENGE (an Action Thriller) by C8t8(m): 11:29am On Oct 30, 2020
Chapter 21

As Miri walked towards 'Kate', she heard her mutter something tearfully underneath her breath, but she couldn't hear what she said. She paused and looked at her. It was obvious that the poor girl was scared. She clutched her belly and laughed madly. She was sure the girl was innocent. She fell back to the sofa, laughing crazily like an accursed witch.

The sight of the tearful rat was just so funny. She controlled herself and looked at the girl weeping profusely. Trying hard not to laugh again, she cleared her throat and bellowed at her.

Some seconds earlier

' Boss... I failed you,' Shira muttered tearfully. She was sure she would see the poison hidden in her brassiere if she tried to search her. Panic-stricken, she watched as the lady stand up, moving towards her. All of a suddenly, she stopped and stared at her, and then she started laughing hysterically like one cursed. She watched as she fell back to the sofa, beside herself with laughter. Then it hit her, seeing her weeping must have been funny to her. She wished she would read her weeping as innocence.

Deciding to play the cards, she creased her mouth into a funny funnelshaped curve, and started weeping out her brain. She made sure she put an innocent and hurt look on. Silently praying it worked, she continued weeping. All of a suddenly, she watched the lady stop laughing and then she looked at her. She suddenly heard her manly, threatening voice.

'Will you keep rhat your uncivilized mouth shut?' the lady barked.

Shira quickly kept quiet. Looking at the lady's face carefully, she wondered where she had met the lady before. She looked so familiar. Well, anyhow, she resolved and bent her head waiting for her to pass whatever judgement she wanted to pass.

'I was thinking my face has a particular magnet, pulling at your uncivilized face, village girl,' she yelled at her.

Shira started nurturing some hope, maybe, maybe, she thought she was a local girl. If this is it, she thought, so good then. She hoped for the best, while sniffing innocently like a lamb. She heard her call out to Mrs Jude.

Mrs Jude waddled in like the human duck she was, and Shira stared at her, as she plopped down heavily on a sofa. She watched her eyes bulg with unusual enthusiasm.

'Have you searched her? Is she the killer? Did she came with a weapon....??' she nattered madly until she was interrupted rudely by the other lady.

'Madam, your high-pitched voice is unnerving me, for the sake of Hades, can you just shut your trap?'

Mrs Jude opened her mouth and closed it wordlessly. She looked like she might explode with fury, although she was quiet.

''Now, listen to me. This girl is a naive local bitch who is only looking for a big home to stay in and steal goodies for her family. Hence, she is not a threat. You can employ her'.

Shira could not believe her ears. She mentally sang in joy. It didn't matter that the familiar-strange lady labelled her as a bitch. What mattered most was that she was on her way gradually in assassination of the minister. She grinned sheepishly.

'But listen and listen good,' she heard the lady said again. 'I'm keeping an eye on you. Don't try anything funny, or you will not even live talkless of regretting it. I'm sure you got my words!'

'Yes ma,' she muttered with deliberate fear in her voice although she panicked inwardly at the cold wicked look on her face.

'I think we're done here,' the lady said and stood up and started walking away, out of the living room. Shira was beside herself with joy.

…........

Few days later

Shira tipped the bottle of palmoil over the pot and the thick, viscous liquid crawled out of the bottle. As the palm oil dropped into the already hot pot, a sizzling sound erupted out of the pot and the thick oil became watery. She reached for a plate containing diced tomatoes and onions and poured the contents into the pot. She added pepper and vegetables. She crushed some seasoning cubes mixed it with salt, she then added these to the pot and closed the pot, waiting for it to sizzle for some minutes. Suddenly she heard Mrs Jude yell her name from the living room with her usuel croaky voice.

'That witch,' Shira muttered angrily. Then she shouted back, 'Ma! I'm coming'.

She was tired of the house already. She couldn't wait to accomplish her mission. She cursed silently and padded out of the kitchen. She walked towards where the foolish woman was sitting, watching TV as usual and chewing her Destiny out. A plate of chips were balanced on her enormous laps.

'Here I am ma,' Shira said courteously.

'Where were you before? You stupid, uncultured, cheeky tot! Anyways, are you cooking stone? Well, for your information, my husband is coming home now and he needs to meet his food, so you had better dish the food before he arrives or he will throw you in prison. He has no patience for maggots like you'.

You are actually the one looking like a maggot here, with your plumpy, amoeboid face, Shira thought and then quickly said, 'Yes ma'am,' and she turned away.

Walking into the kitchen, it suddenly hit her. She might as well add the poison to the food and run away before the symptoms start to show in the man. But wasn't it too early, she thought. She has been here for only five days. Well, she sighed, fast and carefulness wins the race. She thought. The deed must be done today.

To be continued
Isn't it too early, Shira?
No fall my hand oo, I gat my eyes on you.

My people, as usual I will apologise nooni for keeping you guys hanging since all this while. Please pardon me ��

I promise to be updating every three days i.e next update comes on Sunday.
I will keep to my words.
Thanks for being there.
Read, comment and share.

2 Likes

Re: REVENGE (an Action Thriller) by C8t8(m): 11:35am On Oct 30, 2020
Mielanjmk
Ann2012
famopompy
skubido
Devilpen
hardes
ezeknov
doctorexcel
Adeola25
Missmossy
Jamesbiodun
poetictwenty
khriztarl
ayemileto
flowergirl040
christipsy
tominix
enirock
doggedfighter
yungbanks
chatinent
Elvictor
Penhub
mhizv
Herbiedeen
samuel19222
Tonyspecial
duruZed
Ismaxx
dawno2008
Sliss
Ann2612
Kentuforchrist
funbi2020
Mummyclieva
wink

2 Likes

Re: REVENGE (an Action Thriller) by C8t8(m): 11:36am On Oct 30, 2020
enirock:
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed I refuse to say anything
cheesy cheesy
Re: REVENGE (an Action Thriller) by C8t8(m): 11:36am On Oct 30, 2020
chatinent:
Update o.
done
Re: REVENGE (an Action Thriller) by dawno2008(m): 3:12pm On Oct 30, 2020
Nice update, I hope you keep your word

1 Like

Re: REVENGE (an Action Thriller) by Kentuforchrist(m): 6:05pm On Oct 30, 2020
thanks next episode

1 Like

Re: REVENGE (an Action Thriller) by mhizv(f): 11:15pm On Oct 30, 2020
Update please kiss

1 Like

Re: REVENGE (an Action Thriller) by doctorexcel: 8:48am On Oct 31, 2020
Thanks op

1 Like

Re: REVENGE (an Action Thriller) by Erojepromise(f): 1:57pm On Oct 31, 2020
Nice one op , l have been a ghost follower but have decided to make myself known. just so you know your story is intriguing, captivating, unique, alluring, bewitching, addictive......l would have continued but l am short of words
Looking forward to the next updates

1 Like

Re: REVENGE (an Action Thriller) by doctorexcel: 9:01pm On Oct 31, 2020
Erojepromise:
Nice one op , l have been a ghost follower but have decided to make myself known. just so you know your story is intriguing, captivating, unique, alluring, bewitching, addictive......l would have continued but l am short of words
welcome onboard miss. Have a seat beside me. Op time to launch another update

1 Like

Re: REVENGE (an Action Thriller) by C8t8(m): 1:55pm On Nov 01, 2020
Erojepromise:

Oh, I'm flattered
Next update in a moment kiss kiss
Re: REVENGE (an Action Thriller) by C8t8(m): 3:26pm On Nov 01, 2020
Chapter 22

The hot steam with a sweet aroma greeted Shira's nostrils as she pried open the pot. A sweet aroma that will lead to a bitter death, what an irony! Shira thought as she picked a metallic ladle and dipped it into the pot, stirring the contents of the pot furiously. Her heart was pounding, although not like that of an inexperienced greenhorn. But of fear for the rather too early agenda. She froze for a moment as she thought of calling her boss to brief her but she declined when her mentality told her Ann won't be in support of such a premature action. Moreover, she thought it would be a surprise to Ann and a mark of her ability to carry out assassinations. She heaved a sigh of relief and proceeded to bring out the little, wrapped parcel.

Ann's Base

Henry hit on the keyboard furiously, typing in frenzy. Small streams or rivulets of sweat trickling down his face despite the full-blown chilling atmosphere in the control room. Beside him sat an equally tired looking Oyin. Alarmed beeps sounded often and often as Henry worked on the system.

'I just don't understand our boss anymore. Was she not the one who brought up the plan of poisoning the Minister? And all of a sudden, she suddenly declared she was no more interested in the plan,' Oyin grumbled sourly.

'The most painful aspect is that Shira just went to waste her time in that house,' complimented Henry.

Sounds of soft footsteps approaching the control room shut up the grumbling men. The door opened and in came Ann, dressed in a black angora hoodie with an equally black pair of bum shorts. The shorts clung to her hips and upper thighs, revealing her slim, curvy shape. Her light complexioned thighs are enough to make a man go nuts. Oyin's d**k was starting to give itself a standing ovation and he quickly averted his gaze.

Ann walked gingerly to the centre of the dreamy room, her beautiful face creased into an ugly look. She stood, separated her legs and stood arms akimbo. She glared at Oyin for a moment and then mellowed down the look.

'I thought you have never seen me before, hence the more reason why you were staring at me like I was an alien dropping from the sky, lazy bones!' she said softly but angrily.

She started to walk towards Henry as he worked away with reckless abandon at the system. She got to him and looked at the monitor in front of him.

'What have you gathered?' she said sternly. She then drew a stool towards her and sat on it.

'I hacked into his official email account,' he said as he zoomed some tiny words. Ann squinted at the screen. 'There was not much information,' he paused and minimized the software. He then clicked on a link and waited for it to process before zooming it. He continued, 'I then hacked into the SCTV cameras at his office only to discover the wretched fool bleeping a lady. But I was able to discover that the man is traveling tomorrow. And he won't be back until few months later. I think he already knows we are after him, hence it is obvious he is fleeing from the country. He is currently on his way home at present to prepare for his journey tomorrow. That was the little information I got, now I'm trying to cover up my links in the hacking of the camera systems so it won't be traced here,' he concluded.

Ann stood up abruptly from the stool. She looked at Oyin sternly and then said, 'Get prepared, we're attacking him at his house this very moment. Henry will stay at home and connect to the surroundings of his house and inform us of strange developments while we're inside. I don't want him to die a merciful death like food poisoning. O want to kill him myself,' she paused and threw her head back, laughing in a strained sort of way.

Oyin and Henry stared at her as she laughed away.

Miri waited behind the endless convoys following the minister of finance. She was very much disgusted. It was her job to monitor the damned Minister and make sure he didn't get killed. So much for her troubles, she thought as she remembered how she watched on the SCTV camera as he was unmercifully banging a lady at his office a while ago. He didn't even appeared troubled at the prospect of assassination by enemies. He so much believed in his foolish security guards. Security guards with no iota of experience or skill, she hissed as she watched the convoy moving ahead. She veered off the road after making sure the whole convoy is out of site and turned into a dusty, untarred and pothole ridden road.

Shira's hands shook as she read the text message from her Boss. The message was telling her to put away the plan of poisoning the Minister. Her head flew off, she had already applied the poison in the food and had dished the food. Her ears rang in fright. She fled out of the kitchen in panic and rushed to the dinning room where she had already served the poisoned food.

She was about to carry the ceramic warmer containing the soup when a wicked, witchy laugh sounded behind her. She looked behind her only to see the scary lady again. Her jaws dropped.

Miri shone her eyes at the panicking girl. She was very sure the lady had something hidden in her sleeves. And she was determined to find out. The Minister wouldn't be around anytime soon, what with the silly convoy behind him. She walked towards the girl, who drew back in fear.

'What are you hiding?' she shouted at her.

'Nothing ma.... Nothing,' she waved her hands frantically.

Miri looked at the covered dishes and felt very suspicious. She opened the soup container and stared at it. The aroma smelled dangerous, although it wouldn't, to an untrained olfactory love. She sipped a spoon into the pot and thrust it at Shira.

'You taste this! Now!' she screamed at the lady.

Oyin stopped the car a few kilometers away from the ministers house. Beside him was Ann, dressed in black overalls and black pants.

'Are you ready for this?' she heard her ask.

He nodded sheepishly, 'Yes boss,' he replied.

They got down from the car and approached the building.

'It would be best to pass, unnoticed. We don't want to waste too much bullets. Besides, the man and his convoy isn't here yet, so it would be better to enter into the house, unnoticed'. Ann lectured.

'Okay,' Oyin replied dumbly.

Ann tapped a device in her ears. 'Hey Henry, she said. 'We are going in now, please check the compound and tell us which area is less free of guards and is convenient to break into'.

'Please wait a moment,' came Henry's voice. There was silence for minutes and then, Henry's voice came alive again. 'Please take the extreme left hand side of the fence, at the back, it is easier to enter the house that way without encountering problems,' he said.

'Ok, thank you,' Ann said and gestured to Oyin to follow her. They then started walking towards the area directed by Henry.

Miri was sure the girl had poisoned the food and was very much sure she was sent by the supposed assassins. She would force her to eat the soup. She lunged at the girl and was surprised to see her duck effortlessly. So this was the local girl! She thought amusingly. She slid towards her and before Shira could duck again, she landed a blow to her jaw. She followed up with another one to the belly and the lady fell flat to the floor, wriggling with amazing agility. Angrily, for deceiving her, which has never happened to her before, she continued to rain blows upon blows on her until Shira could not struggle anymore.

She then opened the soup, dipped a spoon into it, scooped up some vegetables and proceeded to launch them in Shira's mouth.

To be continued
Hey Shira
What have you done? sad cry
Ann come and quickly save her oo
What do you think will happen next?

Next chapter on Tuesday
Read, comment and share.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: REVENGE (an Action Thriller) by C8t8(m): 3:28pm On Nov 01, 2020
Mielanjmk
Ann2012
famopompy
skubido
hardes
ezeknov
doctorexcel
Adeola25
Missmossy
Jamesbiodun
poetictwenty
khriztarl
ayemileto
flowergirl040
christipsy
tominix
enirock
doggedfighter
yungbanks
chatinent
Elvictor
Penhub
mhizv
Herbiedeen
samuel19222
Tonyspecial
duruZed
Ismaxx
dawno2008
Sliss
Ann2612
Kentuforchrist
funbi2020
Mummyclieva
Erojepromise
wink
Re: REVENGE (an Action Thriller) by Erojepromise(f): 5:36pm On Nov 01, 2020
thanks op for the update l am guessing she didn't succeed in putting the food in her mouth

1 Like

Re: REVENGE (an Action Thriller) by doctorexcel: 7:42pm On Nov 01, 2020
Weldone op. Am expecting Ann to create a distraction and for the greedy fool the minister marry to gobble-up the poisoned food

1 Like

Re: REVENGE (an Action Thriller) by PenHub: 10:42pm On Nov 01, 2020
Nice one op. Please make the chapters longer
Re: REVENGE (an Action Thriller) by Kentuforchrist(m): 10:47pm On Nov 01, 2020
suspense ooo.
but Tuesday far oo
Re: REVENGE (an Action Thriller) by enirock(m): 12:27pm On Nov 03, 2020
Hmmm. Mmiri just could not believe she couldn't spot the deception at first sight. Maybe she's not so sharp afterall. Thanks for the updates.
Re: REVENGE (an Action Thriller) by Joneyxto(m): 4:21pm On Nov 03, 2020
Nice story you've got. Thank you for being such a good author. E go make better sense if dem use this story shoot film oh. Mbok carry on, you too much!
Re: REVENGE (an Action Thriller) by Ann2012(f): 8:34pm On Nov 03, 2020
Thanks for the update
Re: REVENGE (an Action Thriller) by samuel19222(m): 7:01am On Nov 04, 2020
C8t8 Na Wednesday we dey so abeg come update
Re: REVENGE (an Action Thriller) by Khriztarl(f): 2:16pm On Nov 04, 2020
Interesting. Ann appear fast na.
Re: REVENGE (an Action Thriller) by Kentuforchrist(m): 6:26pm On Nov 04, 2020
we dea wait for you oooo,na Wednesday we dea already
Re: REVENGE (an Action Thriller) by Jamesbiodun(m): 10:02pm On Nov 04, 2020
C8t8 I have been waiting for new post since yesterday, abeg come update
Re: REVENGE (an Action Thriller) by Kentuforchrist(m): 1:18pm On Nov 07, 2020
come update na
Re: REVENGE (an Action Thriller) by duruZed(m): 2:48pm On Nov 07, 2020
Quite encouraging, writing updates and taking care of your personal issues, all i can say is thank you for the effort so far.
Re: REVENGE (an Action Thriller) by EkopSparoAyara(m): 11:27pm On Nov 27, 2020
[quote author=Ann2612 post=94888629][/quote]
Am here oh..Seat reserved.. Thanks..

1 Like

Re: REVENGE (an Action Thriller) by Ann2612(f): 10:50pm On Dec 09, 2020
Op where are you?
Re: REVENGE (an Action Thriller) by C8t8(m): 11:23am On Dec 10, 2020
Ann2612:
Op where are you?
right here grin

Was really busy sad

Anyways, it's December-holiday time now. Smooth episodes to start flowing in soon smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

My Parents Banned Me From Speaking Igbo.. I Learnt From Yorubas ---T.N. Adaobi / Honeymoon In Prison-reborn / Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.