Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Edo 2020: Oshiomole Says He Regrets Supporting Obaseki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2020: Oshiomole Says He Regrets Supporting Obaseki (20075 Views)

Ekiti APC Members Accuse Fayemi Of Supporting Obaseki In Edo / Edo 2020: Oshiomole Is Desperate And It Is Dangerous - Oke Umurhohwo / Oshiomole Says Obaseki Behind Siege To His Home (2) (3) (4)

Edo 2020: Oshiomole Says He Regrets Supporting Obaseki by Racoon(m): 11:16pm On Jul 19, 2020
Immediate past National Chairman of the All Progressive Congress (APC) Comrade Adams Oshiomhole in his Iyamho residence, Etsako West Local Government Area said he made a grave mistake bringing Governor Godwin Obaseki as his successor in 2016 even as he said with his defection and that of his deputy to the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, “the bad heads in our party are gone”

Oshiomhole stated this when he addressed a crowd of party supporters and faithful who thronged his residence yesterday evening after a similar scenario when he came home from Bening City on Saturday night adding that those that were bent on destroying the APC in the state have been “smoked out.”

He said Obaseki, used every obnoxious means, including the destruction of properties and unwarranted arrest of members, to destroy the party in the state saying “The Governor was demolishing the houses of our members while some were being jailed for trump up charges; these are the people who fought for him to become governor.

“I begged those who were being persecuted to take it easy, that they shouldn’t burn the house we all laboured to build because we want to smoke out the snake and now, the snake has been smoked out of the house.

“Few weeks earlier, the snake said APC was his house and that he was not leaving, but less than 72 hours after saying this, he left.If we had burnt the house because the snake was giving us problem, we will all have been homeless by now.”

He said his immediate task now is to ensure victory of the party come September 19. “I have come home for only one project, I am not going back to Abuja until the project is completed.

“I came back home not to rest, but to work. We are political lions, we must commit ourselves to returning Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu to Osadebe Avenue.”He said the people should judge the present government with what they see and not what they hear.

According to him, “there have been no tangible development since we left government, all they have to show for almost four years are MOUs and ear mark projects while we had eye marks projects.

“This was how they brought the respected Vice President to Benin to groundbreaking for an industrial park that we will never see. Same also goes to that of Gelegele Port.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/07/edo-2020-i-regret-bringing-obaseki-as-my-successor-%25E2%2580%2595-oshiomhole/amp/

Re: Edo 2020: Oshiomole Says He Regrets Supporting Obaseki by Brandstudio01: 11:16pm On Jul 19, 2020
These dudes should come up and tell us the origin of their problem

89 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo 2020: Oshiomole Says He Regrets Supporting Obaseki by SarkinYarki: 11:19pm On Jul 19, 2020
So because he refused to allow you the the unfettered powers of a godfather like it happens in Lagos you are angry ....well Na Tinubu give you false hope ..EDO NOBI LAGOS OoOoo

155 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Edo 2020: Oshiomole Says He Regrets Supporting Obaseki by Racoon(m): 11:26pm On Jul 19, 2020
Daily Trust compiles twelve remarks Oshiomhole made in support of Obaseki in 2016:

1. God knows that Godwin comes from a large family in Benin Kingdom, he went to school, he finished his secondary school, he went to University of Ibadan, he finished, there were no issues, he finished in flying colours. 

2. He went to the U. S., he did his Masters, he came back home, started helping people to set up businesses, he helped to manage businesses, he helped to set up many banks including several second-generation banks. 

3. I don’t care if Obaseki betrays me at the end of the day, Obaseki’s allegiance should be to the people and not me.

4. The oath of office he is going to subscribe to says that he will defend the constitution of Nigeria, he will do everything to uplift the quality of life of Edo people. Nothing in his oath of office will include ‘I shall not betray my predecessor’ because I have no interest to be betrayed. 

5. Obaseki had been part of the tradition, he knows the vision, he knows the mission, he knows the target, he knows where we are, he knows the challenges, and he knows how to overcome them. 

6. He sits in the office of the economic team which he built using his network of friends inside the heart of government house without demanding one naira. 

7. I know my limit. He knows his limit. Godwin Obaseki has worked for seven and half years for the people of Edo state, using his brain, creativity, quietly, not making noise.

8. A man like Obaseki, who will not ask me to give him contracts, but will promise me, comrade, you just do the thinking, we will create the means to actualise your thoughts.

9. And to his credit today, check the books of Edo state, we did not build new structures in government house with government money. That economic team office was built through Godwin’s network. Today, it remains a permanent asset of the state government. 

10. I want us to be calling that building Godwin Obaseki building. I don’t see your opponent Ize-Iyamu being able to say that. 

11. In 2007, check the records, Ize-Iyamu was hiding from EFCC. He did not vote. How can somebody who didn’t vote claim that he made me. 

12. If you have to look at Godwin and his credentials and you look at a man (Ize-Iyamu) whose only work, by his CV, was a student and rusticated for two years, he read law but he is not a barrister.
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/flashback-12-things-oshiomhole-said-about-obaseki-in-2016.html

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Edo 2020: Oshiomole Says He Regrets Supporting Obaseki by samincredible44(m): 11:30pm On Jul 19, 2020
all because he stood against godfatherism

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo 2020: Oshiomole Says He Regrets Supporting Obaseki by Racoon(m): 11:33pm On Jul 19, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0wraFMeObM
Watch to see how dirty politics can be.Oshiomole was just running his mouth like a broken tap.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: Oshiomole Says He Regrets Supporting Obaseki by BERNIMOORE: 11:34pm On Jul 19, 2020
Swallowing these 12 solid points is like Python swallowing Lion ......e no go happen.

Re: Edo 2020: Oshiomole Says He Regrets Supporting Obaseki by aolawale025: 11:36pm On Jul 19, 2020
Seems a bit too late

Re: Edo 2020: Oshiomole Says He Regrets Supporting Obaseki by BERNIMOORE: 11:37pm On Jul 19, 2020
Racoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0wraFMeObM
Watch to see how dirty politics can be.Oshiomole was just running his mouth like a broken tap.
Broken tap grin grin grin .....Bros you Baad.... grin grin you no go kill person with laughter

18 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Oshiomole Says He Regrets Supporting Obaseki by naijanaso: 11:37pm On Jul 19, 2020
You regret because you thought he would let you have your way as a godfather. Mumu ugly

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: Oshiomole Says He Regrets Supporting Obaseki by AroleOduduwa2: 11:38pm On Jul 19, 2020
IDP politician, you and the cultist fake pastor have failed already.

28 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Oshiomole Says He Regrets Supporting Obaseki by Amotolongbo(f): 11:42pm On Jul 19, 2020
Oshiomhole has the track record of the diarrhea of the mouth.
He has the tendency saying things contrary to this stated tomorrow

20 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Oshiomole Says He Regrets Supporting Obaseki by Nobody: 12:17am On Jul 20, 2020
APC mosttimes speaks like the general populace is useless in the affairs of things..

Re: Edo 2020: Oshiomole Says He Regrets Supporting Obaseki by pquaver(m): 12:24am On Jul 20, 2020
Racoon:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/flashback-12-things-oshiomhole-said-about-obaseki-in-2016.html

Please can the flashback and tell us also what pdp said about Obaseki government in Edo state between 2016-2020?let hear all the good things the saw about him then

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo 2020: Oshiomole Says He Regrets Supporting Obaseki by IpobOsuIgbo: 5:50am On Jul 20, 2020

Idǐot

You're going to continue regretting for being a GREEDY old fool.

Re: Edo 2020: Oshiomole Says He Regrets Supporting Obaseki by armadeo(m): 5:52am On Jul 20, 2020
Lol. APC wailer.

See daily trust point number 3.

Osho go and sit down somewhere, your journey to political oblivion just started.

Re: Edo 2020: Oshiomole Says He Regrets Supporting Obaseki by Sweettea9(f): 5:52am On Jul 20, 2020
Obaseki is my Governor.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo 2020: Oshiomole Says He Regrets Supporting Obaseki by noleflendum: 5:52am On Jul 20, 2020
It seems you like ipob insult

Re: Edo 2020: Oshiomole Says He Regrets Supporting Obaseki by madetej: 5:53am On Jul 20, 2020
obaseki sef must av smtin to say abt u

Re: Edo 2020: Oshiomole Says He Regrets Supporting Obaseki by InvertedHammer: 5:53am On Jul 20, 2020
/
In other words, he is attesting that he is a bad judge of character.

Edo people should not trust his judgment.

/

Re: Edo 2020: Oshiomole Says He Regrets Supporting Obaseki by zeusdgrt(m): 5:54am On Jul 20, 2020
FOOLISH MAN

Re: Edo 2020: Oshiomole Says He Regrets Supporting Obaseki by InaNla(f): 5:54am On Jul 20, 2020
yeye fowl!

Oshi'0mo'0le should 'Go n Die' grin

Re: Edo 2020: Oshiomole Says He Regrets Supporting Obaseki by Mindlog: 5:56am On Jul 20, 2020
4 years from now, he will also regret supporting Osagie Ize-Iyamu should he become governor as he would have "grown his own wings", that is the circle.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: Oshiomole Says He Regrets Supporting Obaseki by realstars: 5:57am On Jul 20, 2020
He Will Allso Regreat Pastor Iyamu

Re: Edo 2020: Oshiomole Says He Regrets Supporting Obaseki by helinues: 5:58am On Jul 20, 2020

Re: Edo 2020: Oshiomole Says He Regrets Supporting Obaseki by hardizzle: 5:59am On Jul 20, 2020
samincredible44:
Noo... tell him to and inaugurate those he refuses to sweat in, and stop saying god fatherism!

Re: Edo 2020: Oshiomole Says He Regrets Supporting Obaseki by hardizzle: 5:59am On Jul 20, 2020
samincredible44:
Noo... tell him to go and inaugurate those he refuses to sweat in, and stop saying god fatherism!

Re: Edo 2020: Oshiomole Says He Regrets Supporting Obaseki by Baloranking(m): 5:59am On Jul 20, 2020
grin what greed has turned oshiomole to.

Obaseki is the only candidate we know.

Say no to Godfatherism.

20 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Oshiomole Says He Regrets Supporting Obaseki by uniqueboi1(m): 5:59am On Jul 20, 2020
Oshiomhole must chop that defeat. And e go be final burial for him.

Re: Edo 2020: Oshiomole Says He Regrets Supporting Obaseki by hardizzle: 6:00am On Jul 20, 2020
samincredible44:
Noo... tell him to go and inaugurate those he refuses to swear in, and stop saying god fatherism!

Re: Edo 2020: Oshiomole Says He Regrets Supporting Obaseki by Lincoln275(m): 6:00am On Jul 20, 2020
Politics
Re: Edo 2020: Oshiomole Says He Regrets Supporting Obaseki by Angelfrost(m): 6:01am On Jul 20, 2020
Your words would have made sense if you didn't back Ize-Iyamu...

You can't speak from both sides of your mouth, and expect to be taken seriously. Mr. Oshio, you lack dignity and self respect!!!

21 Likes 1 Share

IKONSO WAS Tortured To Death Bullet Refuse To Penetrate His Body . ( Picture ) / Panic In Owerri As Unknown Gunmen Send Threat Letter To Residents / Northern Muslims Demand N105bn Compensation From FG For Genocide