Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,806 members, 7,802,579 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

Adeboye Warns Corrupt Politicians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye Warns Corrupt Politicians (7625 Views)

Adeboye Talks About His Impending Death / Don't Campaign On Pulpit, Adeboye Warns Redeemed Pastors. / Pastor Adeboye Warns Members About Sister Linda's Message Of Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adeboye Warns Corrupt Politicians by obo2t(m): 7:33am On Feb 07, 2011
LAGOS — GENERAL Overseer of the Redeem Christian Church of God, RCCG, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has warned those who will be seeking political office in 2011 general elections with the aim to entrench corruption, to drop the idea, saying God would frustrate anyone who may be contesting to embezzle public funds.

He said any politician seeking political office to steal public funds to enrich himself must be frustrated by God through one way or the other, but assured those with genuine interest to serve the people of God’s favour, support and protection.

Adeboye, who spoke with newsmen through his Special Assistant on Administration and Personnel, Pastor Johnson Odesola, after a special prayer session for the political sector, yesterday, at the church’s headquarters, Ebute- Metta, Lagos urged politicians to seek the face of God for the success of the forthcoming elections.

According to him, “it is the desire of the General Overseer that the glory of Nigeria be restored, that is why we are bringing political actors so that we can pray together for the good of this country, because when we pray alone, is not enough.”

The Man of God said their mandate was not only to preach the gospel but to sensitise the people to carry out their civic responsibilities.

Responding, Governor Olusegun Mimiko of Ondo State said the prayer session signified that the spiritual role of the church to continue to pray for good governance in this nation was being fulfilled in our life time. According to him, “God created Nigeria to be great and with true leadership and when we get our elections right, this country will be truly great.”

“During the voter registration, G.O advised the people to go and register and to vote for the candidates of their choice. For us in the Redeem, it is our mandate not only to preach the gospel, but to sensitise the people to carry out their civic responsibilities. We pray that by the grace of God, there would not be no problems during the elections.

While commending Pastor Adeboye for his spiritual leadership, and the pastorate for putting the programme together, he called on the clergyman and other anointed men of God to continue to pray for Nigeria.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/adeboye-warns-corrupt-politicians/
Re: Adeboye Warns Corrupt Politicians by KunleOshob(m): 7:45am On Feb 07, 2011
I think it would be more apt for "daddy" to warn about corruption within his immediate domain first which is the church establishment in general and his rccg in particular.
Re: Adeboye Warns Corrupt Politicians by abdulajao(m): 8:08am On Feb 07, 2011
The religious leaders are the one that corrupt if we look at it critically because they can not reject the stolen money they bring to the church or the individual religious leaders that give them advice, this is the most reason the politicians are corrupt.
Re: Adeboye Warns Corrupt Politicians by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:17pm On Feb 08, 2011
grin grin
Sticks and Stones may break my bones but nothing you say can ever hurt me
Re: Adeboye Warns Corrupt Politicians by Jenwitemi(m): 2:12pm On Feb 10, 2011
And Jenwitemi warns corrupt pastors.
Re: Adeboye Warns Corrupt Politicians by Wadeoye(m): 3:26pm On Feb 10, 2011
How about corrupt pastors in the christian community? How do you plan to handle them? The situation is getting worse daily.

Sorry, your church is not an exception sir.
Re: Adeboye Warns Corrupt Politicians by LoveKing(m): 3:53pm On Feb 10, 2011
Tell 'daddy' its too late. What has he been saying ever since or the money don too much?
Re: Adeboye Warns Corrupt Politicians by Btruth: 4:57pm On Feb 10, 2011
Be careful of what you say to God's anointing, ! embarassed
Re: Adeboye Warns Corrupt Politicians by hugooh42(m): 4:58pm On Feb 10, 2011
But he is the one they run to for prayers.Why doesn't he  tell them that when he goes to ASO rock to pray for them?And he never told us he refused "The transport money"given to him on such trips.
Re: Adeboye Warns Corrupt Politicians by mabell: 5:10pm On Feb 10, 2011
You all have built high empires and towers but what you failed to realize is that they don't have a deep foundation, , you know how it will end
o ye generation of vipers
Re: Adeboye Warns Corrupt Politicians by Puna2sure(f): 5:41pm On Feb 10, 2011
We really have 2 be very carefull when we pass comments. Especially when it involves men of God. No be by force 2 talk oh! make person no go talk d one wey go shut him mouth forever.   lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Adeboye Warns Corrupt Politicians by declem(m): 6:37pm On Feb 10, 2011
pls,every bdy shld b careful d way he or she talk abt the man of God, i really nt by force to comment,
Re: Adeboye Warns Corrupt Politicians by manosteel(m): 8:17pm On Feb 10, 2011
Hmmnn! For some of us pointing accusing finger on God's servant, you are On Your Own o!
Re: Adeboye Warns Corrupt Politicians by Baraac(f): 8:24pm On Feb 10, 2011
Are you aware that many evil and terrible things happening in your life are as a result of the bad manner to talk to anoited men of God. Pastor Adeboye for that matter.
Please respect men of God. I don't attend RCCG but daddy Adeboye is a unique man of God not just in nigeria but he is well respected all over the world. No wonder, a prophet does not have honour in his own town.
A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Adeboye Warns Corrupt Politicians by jpworld(m): 8:49pm On Feb 10, 2011
Adeboye himself is a corrupt man, he brainwashed poor people, use there money to by private jet, I think he better keep quite.
Re: Adeboye Warns Corrupt Politicians by jpworld(m): 8:56pm On Feb 10, 2011
Baraac:

Are you aware that many evil and terrible things happening in your life are as a result of the bad manner to talk to anoited men of God. Pastor Adeboye for that matter.
Please respect men of God. I don't attend RCCG but daddy Adeboye is a unique man of God not just in nigeria but he is well respected all over the world. No wonder, a prophet does not have honour in his own town.
A word is enough for the wise.

manosteel:

Hmmnn! For some of us pointing accusing finger on God's servant, you are On Your Own o!

declem:

pls,every bdy shld b careful d way he or she talk abt the man of God, i really nt by force to comment,

Don't Ask, Don't tell, Is the perfect way Christianity/Jews scam works.
Re: Adeboye Warns Corrupt Politicians by Baraac(f): 9:11pm On Feb 10, 2011
Jpworld or what do you call yourself, it seems you've got nothing reasonable to do with your time. It is shameful.
Re: Adeboye Warns Corrupt Politicians by jpworld(m): 9:32pm On Feb 10, 2011
Baraac:

Jpworld or what do you call yourself, it seems you've got nothing reasonable to do with your time. It is shameful.

Just back from work, free time to teach u the real truth, cant anyone with neurons between their ears see how stupid religion is. It was only started by man so he can drink beer in the after life. Citation "how beer saved the world" discovery channel.
beside that which i would totally go for it is for the weak minded
Re: Adeboye Warns Corrupt Politicians by adeibi: 9:48pm On Feb 10, 2011
KunleOshob:

I think it would be more apt for "daddy" to warn about corruption within his immediate domain first which is the church establishment in general and his rccg in particular.

SECONDED. some of rccg pastors are big thieves though baba warns them to change their ways.
That's the area I prefer Bishop Oyedepo he doesn't tolerate rubbish. All he needs to do is to make a decree and it will definitely come to pass but baba is very gentle
Re: Adeboye Warns Corrupt Politicians by Okwyjesus(m): 9:55pm On Feb 10, 2011
@ JPWORLD. I really pity you because the more you talk about MAN OF GOD that reasonable people endorse to be honest and sincere( ask  TIMES MAGAZINE) the more your life fold and one day you will just waste away and discover your foolishness in hell.
Re: Adeboye Warns Corrupt Politicians by jpworld(m): 10:08pm On Feb 10, 2011
Okwyjesus:

@ JPWORLD. I really pity you because the more you talk about MAN OF GOD that reasonable people endorse to be honest and sincere( ask  TIMES MAGAZINE) the more your life fold and one day you will just waste away and discover your foolishness in hell.

There is no such thing as hell, if @ all there is, then is poverty,
Re: Adeboye Warns Corrupt Politicians by mekaboy(m): 11:08pm On Feb 10, 2011
NIGERIANS AND RUBBISH TALK, WHAT IS WRONG WITH WHAT THE MAN OF GOD SAID?

YOU PEOPLE SAY THE POLITICIANS STEAL MONEY AND GIVE TO HIM AND HE ACCEPTS, LET ME ASK YOU, THE MONEY THE POLITICIANS STEAL, WHO OWNS IT? IS IT NOT GOD? OR DONT YOU KNOW THAT THE EARTH IS THE LORDS?

THE POLITICIAN BUY CARS NO ONE COMPLAINS , THEY BUY HOUSES WITH THE MONEY NO ONE COMPLAINS, WHEN THEY BRING PART OF GODS MONEY WHICH THEY STOLE TO THE HOUSE OF GOD, FOOLISH PEOPLE START TO TALK.
Re: Adeboye Warns Corrupt Politicians by alfchye(m): 11:12pm On Feb 10, 2011
@jpworld. Poverty is really help, I support that, becos alot of people are blinded by poverty, they do not know what to think anymore becos they think they are doing the right thing and always allow other people to run their mind for them.
Re: Adeboye Warns Corrupt Politicians by 2cute(m): 11:15pm On Feb 10, 2011
Man's commendation of man means nothing really. God's commendation is what counts.

There is no such thing as hell, if @ all there is, then is poverty,

@JPWorld: Hell they o!! I am sure you will find out some day.
Re: Adeboye Warns Corrupt Politicians by jpworld(m): 11:52pm On Feb 10, 2011
mekaboy:

NIGERIANS AND RUBBISH TALK, WHAT IS WRONG WITH WHAT THE MAN OF GOD SAID?

YOU PEOPLE SAY THE POLITICIANS STEAL MONEY AND GIVE TO HIM AND HE ACCEPTS, LET ME ASK YOU, THE MONEY THE POLITICIANS STEAL, WHO OWNS IT? IS IT NOT GOD? OR DONT YOU KNOW THAT THE EARTH IS THE LORDS?

THE POLITICIAN BUY CARS NO ONE COMPLAINS , THEY BUY HOUSES WITH THE MONEY NO ONE COMPLAINS, WHEN THEY BRING PART OF GODS MONEY WHICH THEY STOLE TO THE HOUSE OF GOD, FOOLISH PEOPLE START TO TALK.

See this big time olodo, stolen money in so called God's house? BTW who told you Adeboye is Authorize to take money on behalf of God?

2cute:

Man's commendation of man means nothing really. God's commendation is what counts.

@JPWorld: Hell they o!! I am sure you will find out some day.

Did any of ur grand father telephone you from hell? How did you know hell is real.

Religion is an excuse to stay naive and a barrier to knowledge. Spirituality is who you are.
Re: Adeboye Warns Corrupt Politicians by texazzpete(m): 11:58pm On Feb 10, 2011
This is hilarious. So according to the Pastor, God will frustrate anyone who is contesting elections to corruptly enrich himself?

Even an SS3 student knows that 99% of Nigerian politicians are in it for self-enrichment. Is he assuring us now that all these politicians will be 'frustrated'?
Re: Adeboye Warns Corrupt Politicians by Nobody: 12:10am On Feb 11, 2011
very interesting comments,
@jpworld: Christianity is not a barrier to knowledge, never has been. As Mahatma Gandhi said "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." Ignore the misrepresentations, those who use 'spirituality' as a cover for their ignorance, self pity and low self esteem,

The truth is this: the Christian churches in Nigeria have not played any role in delivering the Nigeria we all hope for to the citizens.
Plane crash, pray & fast, no water, pray & fast and so on and so forth,
All they've done is given the average Nigerian an illusion of hope, that we can 'manage' our situation and hopefully one day God will come and bless us. In spite of facts that show that things are really deteriorating in Nigeria, the pews keep filling up like the church's accounts,

Pray for a change if you so desire, but God will not come down and kill any corrupt politician. In fact, they will live long and enjoy their money despite our prayers and so called decrees,
Re: Adeboye Warns Corrupt Politicians by obowunmi(m): 12:11am On Feb 11, 2011
funny post. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Adeboye Warns Corrupt Politicians by jpworld(m): 12:27am On Feb 11, 2011
texazzpete:

This is hilarious. So according to the Pastor, God will frustrate anyone who is contesting elections to corruptly enrich himself?

Even an SS3 student knows that 99% of Nigerian politicians are in it for self-enrichment. Is he assuring us now that all these politicians will be 'frustrated'?

Don't mind those men of Dog,

musKeeto:

very interesting comments,
@jpworld: Christianity is not a barrier to knowledge, never has been. As Mahatma Gandhi said "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." Ignore the misrepresentations, those who use 'spirituality' as a cover for their ignorance, self pity and low self esteem,

Suicide bombers? kill themselves in the name of religion, I thought that should be a barrier to knowledge, bible/religion is a children story book taken seriously, much like Harry Potter will be in 200years.
Re: Adeboye Warns Corrupt Politicians by chiezy: 12:44am On Feb 11, 2011
pls what is wrong with what the man of God said. He only warned corrupt politicians for Gods sake! so if he steals money or whatever, that does not justify the activities of corrupt politicians. And please we should stop making baseless accusations. most of you making these accusations are even worse in your little corners
Re: Adeboye Warns Corrupt Politicians by jpworld(m): 12:54am On Feb 11, 2011
chi ezy:

pls what is wrong with what the man of God said. He only warned corrupt politicians for Gods sake! so if he steals money or whatever, that does not justify the activities of corrupt politicians. And please we should stop making baseless accusations. most of you making these accusations are even worse in your little corners

Yes there is something wrong with wat the Man of Dog says. He pretend he don't take his share from corruption, but he visit aso rock to take his cut, then tell his followers Dog says, he should warn politicians, anyone mess up, Dog will bite him.
Re: Adeboye Warns Corrupt Politicians by zibby(m): 1:01am On Feb 11, 2011
jpworld:

Yes there is something wrong with wat the Man of Dog says. He pretend he don't take his share from corruption, but he visit aso rock to take his cut, then tell his followers Dog says, he should warn politicians, anyone mess up, Dog will bite him.

Jp world, "the fool has said in his heart, there is no God". You think you're intelligent? You think your neurons are superior to those who believe in the Almighty? You think there is no judgement in this world, and you think there is none after? In times past, and I quote again, "God used the weak and foolish things of this world to confound the wise." The pride of man makes him vaunt himself and say "there is none greater than me, I am a law unto myself and none can judge me", but that pride is itself foolish and dangerous.

I have a firm conviction in my heart that God exists, beyond what human intelligence can decipher. I believe he created us and that the creatures cannot hope to fully understand the Creator. Faith is a powerful thing, JP.

I do not pray that you discover what hell is like by going there. Rather, I pray that our merciful and loving Father will visit you as he did Saul on his way to Damascus. It would be great to see you write one day about things of faith, as did C. S. Lewis, who as I recall reading, was once a staunch atheist.

Anyway, I couldn't let this thread go without saying my piece. I believe God wanted you to hear it. And you may hear it, if not today, someday. May it echo in your ears till the conviction of God's Holy Spirit pricks your heart.

Peace.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? / Ogunda Odu Ifa ~ Divination, Prayers & Ebo {sacrifice} / Independence Celebration: Church To Honour Fallen Heroes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.