Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding (29622 Views)

Traditional Wedding Held In Middle Of Flood In Oyo State (Pictures) / Man Dies A Day After His Traditional Wedding (Disturbing Photos) / Igbo Man And Oyinbo Lady's Traditional Wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by oluwafreshkid(m): 9:43am On Jul 20, 2020
Hi, Nairalanders.
So, as the topic says.
I'm getting married in September. Yippe!
We're relatively still young and up and coming.
We've agreed on having only the traditional wedding for now and then going to court later.
Now, we're planning the wedding and I need input from you guys. Informed contributions please.
Things we're not paying for includes
Hall... (we're using parents compound)
Makeup
Rings
Photography

Any other I put and price suggestions please?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by chatinent: 9:48am On Jul 20, 2020
Yeah bro, I'm happy for you. Just don't buy what you really don't need. Be moderate with also buying very expensive things to fulfill the 'the happiest day' feeling. Mention me when you begin the listings.

34 Likes

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by dangermouse(m): 9:54am On Jul 20, 2020
Hosting only 40 guests in a traditional wedding is not tenable, unless done in the city, even at that u still have to make provision for 60 guests or more.

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by madone: 10:26am On Jul 20, 2020
it's better u package for about 65 persons but keep ur planned 40 on the stark. just package ur food in take away packs. there there won't be any sentiments of how the food looks. package 50foods for guest and keep 15 unserved for ur family members or even 20. u can get wine for the top guest like 20.or juice. u can get wholesale juice at 300naira or 250perone. the rest sud be soft drinks. get nylon for 2k for hundred. the food served in take away should not be more than 1000per pack with drinks inclusive for special guest and 700 for normal guest.that will be 20k for 20 special guest and 35k for normal guest. a total of 55k. if u plan well with ur dressing and light deco ur budget should not be more than 170-200k

101 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by oluwafreshkid(m): 10:31am On Jul 20, 2020
chatinent:
Yeah bro, I'm happy for you. Just don't buy what you really don't need. Be moderate with also buying very expensive things to fulfill the 'the happiest day' feeling. Mention me when you begin the listings.

Thanks for the wishes. Trust me I'm really cutting down on unnecessary expenses.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by oluwafreshkid(m): 11:14am On Jul 20, 2020
madone:
it's better u package for about 65 persons but keep ur planned 40 on the stark. just package ur food in take away packs. there there won't be any sentiments of how the food looks. package 50foods for guest and keep 15 unserved for ur family members or even 20. u can get wine for the top guest like 20.or juice. u can get wholesale juice at 300naira or 250perone. the rat sud be soft drinks. get nylon for 2k for hundred. the food served in take away should not be more than 1000per pack with drinks inclusive for special guest and 700 for normal guest.that will be 20k for 20 special guest and 35k for normal guest. a total of 55k. if u plan well with ur dressing and light deco ur budget should not be more than 170-200k

Thank for your input.
This is very insightful. I think I'll go with your idea of take away food pack.
Sincerely, if I should adjust my budget, it'll be for 50 guests max.
I really appreciate your idea of the take away.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by oluwafreshkid(m): 11:22am On Jul 20, 2020
My major concern is photography and decoration. I want want to look at the picture years later and feel pleased.
How much does it cost for traditional decoration?
Not expensive but standard. Mustn't be over the top luxurious

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by oluwafreshkid(m): 12:52pm On Jul 20, 2020
Lalasticlala mynd44
I'd like more input and exposure on the thread
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by Slawormir: 4:21pm On Jul 20, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
This looks like a low budget asss up coming couple
Ogbeni give us the location jor.... you dey seek for our advice but you nor want disclose the location...
Whether you like am or not gate crashers must dey
Dey form stinginess you hear

Congratulations in arrears....fuckkk me...shit
Weeed......it is supposed to be congratulations in advance....oh fuckkk.I need to reduce the amount of weed i smoke because no matter the amount of weed i smoke i can never be the most high...only Jah(God) is the most high

67 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by Officialgarri: 4:21pm On Jul 20, 2020
Since we are informed now , I shall be there with my goons. That rice will not be enough angry

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by Emilokoiyawon: 4:21pm On Jul 20, 2020
grin grin grin grin
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by GeneralPula: 4:22pm On Jul 20, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by kingxsamz(m): 4:23pm On Jul 20, 2020
Better to host 40 guests, than collect loans to host the entire community because you want to impress people, only to end up in debt after the wedding. Cus reality will set in after the event.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by ccollins(m): 4:23pm On Jul 20, 2020
G
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by Fiisty(f): 4:23pm On Jul 20, 2020
Hmm
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by gunners160(m): 4:23pm On Jul 20, 2020
You are a wise and prudent man. don't let anybody tell u odawise
If you want 40 guest so be it anybody wey come uninvited na him sabi

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by lonelydora: 4:24pm On Jul 20, 2020
You have to decide either to have a marriage ceremony or a wedding

Like currently in Nigeria now, People who wants to "marry" are getting married and people who wants "wedding" are waiting for corona virus to end.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by D4donnn: 4:24pm On Jul 20, 2020
grin
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 20, 2020
*people like SweetCunt97 don't know her own will happen gringrin
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by gbaskiboy: 4:24pm On Jul 20, 2020
Just make it as simple as you can. I wish you all the best
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by Ameboperoo(m): 4:25pm On Jul 20, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Is it alright?

2 Likes

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by Goldenkrezi: 4:25pm On Jul 20, 2020
Ohhh yeahhh

Issokayyy

Nice one... cut ur expenses well ooo... no big hype for extravagant marriage celebrations,not in this covid period...

Happy married life in advance bro... Way to go cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by Dayonsky(m): 4:25pm On Jul 20, 2020
Oga, Photography and ring is very important o. If you wan cut cost tell the photographer to snap 20-50 correct picx based on your budget then get a nice ring too....Cheers

5 Likes

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by Abdulquadrimuha(m): 4:26pm On Jul 20, 2020
Congrat!!! Happy married life in Advance.
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by AFvckingAlpha(m): 4:26pm On Jul 20, 2020
The Fvck!!

Why don't you get your girl pregnant and co habit.

Marriages are not working again. Hey don't mince my words!

The Fvck!!

Why don't you get your girl pregnant and co habit.

Marriages are not working again. Hey don't mince my words!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by free2ryhme: 4:26pm On Jul 20, 2020
oluwafreshkid:
Hi, Nairalanders.
So, as the topic says.
I'm getting married in September. Yippe!
We're relatively still young and up and coming.
We've agreed on having only the traditional wedding for now and then going to court later.
Now, we're planning the wedding and I need input from you guys. Informed contributions please.
Things we're not paying for includes
Hall... (we're using parents compound)
Makeup
Rings
Photography

Any other I put and price suggestions please?

Guy go local
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by vickydevoka(m): 4:26pm On Jul 20, 2020
I hate weeding may be because I don't have money
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by ILoveDemMANNA: 4:26pm On Jul 20, 2020
good for u. av fun on ur wedding day

2 Likes

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by TwentyOnePilots(m): 4:26pm On Jul 20, 2020
wink
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by Tonymegabush1(m): 4:27pm On Jul 20, 2020
Congratulations
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by packman: 4:27pm On Jul 20, 2020
really

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Twin Sisters Marry On The Same Day In Calabar (Photos) / Pictures Of Wedding Of Two Nairalanders. / Money Rains As Abuja Popular Social Club Celebrate Colleague On Birthday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.