Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,802 members, 7,806,240 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Edo People What Do You Think Of Biafra And Their Ambition? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Edo People What Do You Think Of Biafra And Their Ambition? (3422 Views)

History Of All Tribes That Make Up Biafra And Their Connection To One Ancestor / 2019: Omoyele Sowore Visits Alaafin Of Oyo Over His Presidential Ambition / Edo People Are Not Witches, Please Stop The Bigotry. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo People What Do You Think Of Biafra And Their Ambition? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 21, 2020
Igboid:

Dis you seriously just quote Wikipedia ?
How dumb are you ?
Well I already knew you were dumb.
But I didn't know it were this bad.
Just to improve your weak brain, your Wikipedia page was written by revisionists and I can easily change the contents of your Wikipedia page if I wish to do so.
Anybody can change it.

1 Like

Re: Edo People What Do You Think Of Biafra And Their Ambition? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 21, 2020
Emmanuelcann:
Honestly, if you can achieve this, it would be utopia. I will migrate to Naze, Owerri where I did my youth service with my wife (who's delta Igbo). Who knows?

My friend be wiser, utopia on earth will never exist and has never existed. Tales of utopia are what lead to ww2, jihads, Iraq war and many other massacres of human beings.
The butcher's promise utopia to the prey and lead the blind prey into the slaughter house.

Every bloody dictator also has a utopia which he promises the people.
Nobody comes out saying: I am a monster and I wish to slaughter millions of people. Rather the monsters promise utopia.
Anything Biafra must be opposed.

1 Like

Re: Edo People What Do You Think Of Biafra And Their Ambition? by flyingpig: 1:55pm On Jul 21, 2020
Logycs:

[s]My friend be wiser, utopia on earth will never exist and has never existed. Tales of utopia are what lead to ww2, jihads, Iraq war and many other massacres of human beings.
The butcher's promise utopia to the prey and lead the blind prey into the slaughter house.
Anything Biafra must be opposed[/s].
Re: Edo People What Do You Think Of Biafra And Their Ambition? by Neville660: 2:27pm On Jul 21, 2020
davidnazee:

When you make an analysis consider these 2 things.. The people and the Land.
If the people choose to be biafrans they are free to migrate to Biafra (east) land.. But the Land they currently occupy goes nowhere, will never be part of biafra, it belongs to Edo..

Why are you talking like Edo gave them for rent. Are they landlords of the land. Lolz

1 Like

Re: Edo People What Do You Think Of Biafra And Their Ambition? by Neville660: 2:33pm On Jul 21, 2020
Emmanuelcann:
Well spoken! The British came and subjugated the great Bini empire under the geographical entity called Nigeria. The issue is, if you are in numerical minority what's the point of substituting one dominator for another? We are all represented at the national assembly in Abuja. Our state governments are all indigenous. If they were all selfless and upstanding would there be a problem with the federation? Take a look at Southern Sudan to know what will happen if any part of Nigeria goes off on it's own - the same greedy bunch of politicians will continue to play ludo with the people's destinies!
If Major General J.T.U. Aguiyi Ironsi had not passed his atrocious unification decree which weakened the centre (federal government) at the expense of the region's, Nigeria would have been like Canada today! This has been Igboland's major contribution to the destiny of Nigeria, the problems we encounter today all originate from the error of one igboman. Do the Edos want a country? not by a long shot! After all we are not the ones doing business in every other persons villages.

This is rubbish! And laughable. To put it short, as the next military man came forward after ironsi why didn't he fix the problem. Because I presume we were still in military rule.
Why wait for it not to be like Canada again. Tell me?
Re: Edo People What Do You Think Of Biafra And Their Ambition? by Neville660: 2:35pm On Jul 21, 2020
Logycs:

My friend be wiser, utopia on earth will never exist and has never existed. Tales of utopia are what lead to ww2, jihads, Iraq war and many other massacres of human beings.

Every bloody dictator also has a utopia which he promises the people.
Nobody comes out saying: I am a monster and I wish to slaughter millions of people. Rather the monsters promise utopia.
Anything Biafra must be opposed.

Yes, but there's an imperfect Utopia like the United States, Canada, and all other developed countries. That's what he meant. undecided
Re: Edo People What Do You Think Of Biafra And Their Ambition? by Neville660: 2:36pm On Jul 21, 2020
Logycs:

Dis you seriously just quote Wikipedia ?
How dumb are you ?
Well I already knew you were dumb.
But I didn't know it were this bad.
Just to improve your weak brain, your Wikipedia page was written by revisionists and I can easily change the contents of your Wikipedia page if I wish to do so.
Anybody can change it.

Okay, teacher. Where is your veritable source from?
Re: Edo People What Do You Think Of Biafra And Their Ambition? by Neville660: 2:46pm On Jul 21, 2020
Emmanuelcann:
Balkanization is not the answer. Fix the country. The confederacy in America wanted to go on their own and the rest of the country refused. A war was fought and won, and they created the greatest democracy in the world today.

No, that other part that wanted to go wanted to make a state of slavery (like keep the blacks as slaves), a new system with some infusion of Unitary. And America didn't like such systems.

Abraham Lincoln and the likes did it only to save the slaves who were captured and mostly live south. It wasn't because the Southern states wanted freedom of government.

It was laid in their constitution from time immemorial, that if you wished to leave you can leave. See the likes of Puerto Rico who gently left, but because they know the prosperity of America now, they are begging to come back. But it isn't that easy when your constitution says
"When you are out, it is hard to come back."
Re: Edo People What Do You Think Of Biafra And Their Ambition? by valirex: 5:46pm On Jul 22, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
This question is for only Edo people.

We've been hearing about igbos and their quest to have their own country, they went to war in 1967 because of it..

They are claiming part of our territory even in Edo state as their own(igbanke). While some are even claiming our allies in Delta State (urhobo, itskerri).

Most of them don't want Edo people in their country (which I love) but they want to take some of our territory along with them.

What do you think about biafra?? Do you support them?

AreaFada2
Valirex
Etinosa1234
Ghostwon
Davidnazee
Samuk
Sarah20A
Edeyoung
Gregyboy

No part of Edo land will be given to Biafra, unless the igbankes choose to go with them I have not problem with that. Unity is better than a gigantic oversized disunited population.

Above all ọkpa makhin, Ọmọ n'Ọba ghaa tọkpree isẹ

1 Like

Re: Edo People What Do You Think Of Biafra And Their Ambition? by valirex: 5:55pm On Jul 22, 2020
Igboid:

There is not a single community in SE speaking an Edoid language.

What we have are some communities in SE who are Igbo speaking but with delusional and irrational stories of migrations from Bini.

Additionally, Igbanke are not settlers in those lands. They just had their land carved into Edo state instead of Delta state like the rest of Igbo speaking communities in the old Asaba division, because they were always scared of Agbor domination and chose to pitch their tent with Edo.
Additionally, Ogbemudia who is Bini but whose mother was Igbanke also played a big role in Igbanke being carved into Edo state instead of Delta like the rest of the Ika speaking groups.

Delusional? undecided Am not surprised only that this time around you didn't claim victim. Keep it up
Re: Edo People What Do You Think Of Biafra And Their Ambition? by osazuwa23: 6:21am On Aug 04, 2020
esan will most likely join igbo even though esan have no similarity what so ever other then looks. esan are more related to bini in name and cultural attire. esan name are similar to bini but the spelling is different for instance esan say adesua while bini say adesuwa. esan name osemudiamen while bini is osamudiame. esan love igbo pass other edo tribes
gregyboy:

No we can never be under the niger delta Republic we are outspoken even as a minority in a country of 250 plus ethnic group and we still be outspoken, if we remain an indigenous Republic, and we have no oil, we also have no link to the sea we would just be like the north in the niger delta Republic surviving on the south for survival we will be marginalized by the other niger delta Republic

And we cant go with the yorubas those people are born cowards till eternity, Biafra has a better chance of survival than those cowards, of 40 million tribe

We cant join the igbos either our culture and ideology dont match edo will be great on its own the British punished us by adding us to this fucking shithole instead of giving us a country of our own

The esan and estako people are the edo Republic
I speak off, everyone of is gonna enjoy the republic together, remember its both Oshiomhole and shaibu that are both fighting oshiomole and not necessarily a tribal war, benin and estako
Re: Edo People What Do You Think Of Biafra And Their Ambition? by osazuwa23: 7:01am On Aug 04, 2020
i laugh when biafrians say there country will be like america Sorry to burst your fantasy but there will never be a country like the united states on this planet in africa it just impossible you might replicate it but it wont be on the same level you know why it is still in the dark continent of africa cry. Trying to replicate a country like the united states is a receipe for diaster first biafra doesnt have military like united states and it doesnt havde the physique. africa reputation has already been dented since the 1960
Neville660:
No one claimed Edo state or even Igbanke. You can't say because of a few Biafran nationalist that you've seen claiming Igbanke or any sort of igboid affiliation that they claim part of your territory, that means they need your land. That's silly!

If you say so, what about Edo's I've seen claiming people from Imo state even as far as Northern and Eastern Anambra lands, I even heard some claim Onitsha. So you hold your judgement.

Biafra as I perceive it, it's a democratic union of states coming together to fight a similar cause, it is not "Fight and conquer" like how your Oba did to the lands surrounding him. See it more like the United States, their fight against Britain's Draconian rule, then you'll know the actual cause of Biafra's determination.
Stop giving petty tantrums, Biafra is a decision, if you want to join, join and participate in giving your wishes for a purely democratic state, but no monarchy would hold any power in the constitution and any government that seems to have more power over the people would be brought down, simple.

So my dear Edo people, don't let people control your thoughts, if you desire to fight for a cause to make better your lives, do so. If not, then you can stay. No one and I say no one is forcing anybody.

PS: Every region have miscreants, don't judge views from a few thugs or unlearned men and say that's what Biafra is saying. That's utter silliness. smiley
Re: Edo People What Do You Think Of Biafra And Their Ambition? by osazuwa23: 7:12am On Aug 04, 2020
azikwe really messed up the igbo he had the opprtunity to seize biafra but choose to wait for the north to establish it ground which pushed are independence of one nigeria to 1960. if there anybodhy igbo should be mad at it is him
Emmanuelcann:
Well spoken! The British came and subjugated the great Bini empire under the geographical entity called Nigeria. The issue is, if you are in numerical minority what's the point of substituting one dominator for another? We are all represented at the national assembly in Abuja. Our state governments are all indigenous. If they were all selfless and upstanding would there be a problem with the federation? Take a look at Southern Sudan to know what will happen if any part of Nigeria goes off on it's own - the same greedy bunch of politicians will continue to play ludo with the people's destinies!
If Major General J.T.U. Aguiyi Ironsi had not passed his atrocious unification decree which weakened the centre (federal government) at the expense of the region's, Nigeria would have been like Canada today! This has been Igboland's major contribution to the destiny of Nigeria, the problems we encounter today all originate from the error of one igboman. Do the Edos want a country? not by a long shot! After all we are not the ones doing business in every other persons villages.
Re: Edo People What Do You Think Of Biafra And Their Ambition? by osazuwa23: 7:27am On Aug 04, 2020
edo is non issue but when war comes you be trying to invade edo territory as a way to shelter for when the nigerian army comes to shove
whirlwind7:

If you can just take one minute to think and realize that all the state boundaries presently in existence in Nigeria were carved by your fellow humans mostly in military uniform, and that these boundaries were made for political expediency without consulting the native dwellers on those lands....
Then you'll understand that you're just making a lot of needless noise.

Igbos are found in parts of Delta, Edo and Benue states.
Igalas are found in parts of Anambra State.
Ijaws are found in parts of Ondo State. Same with Itsekiri.
Hausas are found in parts of North Central states whose majority ethnic groups are not Hausas.
Yorubas are found in parts of Kogi State.....
The list goes on and on.

To say that Igbos are the ones that drive you mad says a lot. I mean, if the entire Edo State decide today that they want to be an independent nation, and wants the Igbos within the geographical boundary identified as Edo state to be a part of it, do you know what Igbos would do?

Nothing!
Mostly nothing.
Igbos won't lose sleep over it.

This is because Igbos generally have realized one thing: humans will always adapt, adjust and find their level. The fittest will survive and thrive. The Igbos in those territories will thrive....and then you lots will start bellyaching over their trying to dominate you. Same as Yorubas are doing in Lagos. Though this is a slightly different analogy because Igbos aren't early settlers in Lagos and environs.

Igbos want to be left alone to chart their own course and forge their own destiny.
Your opinion on this as an Edo man (whatever that means) is totally inconsequential. Let us be. We aren't your problem, until you make us your problem. The Nigerian project has been so good to you, hasn't it?
And, the day an Igbo man will sit down to discuss the Edo nation (just like you are doing right now about Igbos) hell would freeze over.

Ask an average Igbo what he thinks about an Edo nation, and he will just shrug. Because it is a non issue. There are more important things to work on. I hope you and the guys you mentioned get to understand this.
Re: Edo People What Do You Think Of Biafra And Their Ambition? by Emilokoiyawon: 3:47am On Aug 05, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Edo People What Do You Think Of Biafra And Their Ambition? by Bigsunny01(m): 10:44am On Aug 05, 2020
Igboid:

What are you on about.
You don't want Igbos in the East to beat together with their kin and kiths in Delta, because you want them for yourself? Are you listening to yourself? Why can't you be content with you fellow Edo people? Can you communicate with an Anioma person without using English? Or you intend making them learn your Bini language to recreate your empire again?

Dennis Osadebay was an active member of Igbo State Union. Uwaechue Ralph from Anioma was the president of Ohanaeze Ndiigbo for eight years.
Hon. Ebigwe is a high ranking member of Ohanaeze Ndiigbo now and he is from Anioma.

Obaseki is Anioma, so? He went to Bini and threw away his Igbo language and assimilated as a Bini person, does that now mean that Anioma should become one with Bini and throw away kinship with their Igbo speaking kins in the East.

An Igbo man is currently a senator in Italy and hold Italian citizenship. He even supports the racist Italian government. does it now mean that Igbos are one with Italians when we can't both communicate using our mother tongue?

Not everyone in SE is pro seccession, so leave secession out of it for now.
My point is that Igbo exists on both sides of River Niger.
And no matter all the odds stacked up against Igbo unity, encouraged by the likes of Edo, Ijaw and Igala who are looking to capitalize on current weak political state of the Igbo in Nigeria to annex Igbo speaking groups, we will prevail in the end.
Because in the end, birds of same feathers will always stick together.

Shut de Bleep up if u don't know wat u are saying

If u have been to Edo state u will learn dat de means of communication is pidgin English coz in dis part of de country we have different kinds of languages here, but dat doesn't say we don't know where we came from

De old bendel state was full of different languages which is Edo/Delta even up-to Rivers state.

Dis is de reason de major language u hear in de public when u come to dis part of de country is pidgin.

Ignorance is eating u up deeply, and I think u need to get up from dat ur shithole village and visit dis part of de country to educate ur ignorance instead of typing wat u are not even sure about
Re: Edo People What Do You Think Of Biafra And Their Ambition? by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 05, 2020
Bigsunny01:

If u have been to Edo state u will learn dat de means of communication is pidgin English coz in dis part of de country we have different kinds of languages here, but dat doesn't say we don't know where we came from

De old bendel state was full of different languages which is Edo/Delta even up-to Rivers state.

Dis is de reason de major language u hear in de public when u come to dis part of de country is pidgin.

Ignorance is eating u up deeply, and I think u need to get up from dat ur shithole village and visit dis part of de country to educate ur ignorance instead of typing wat u are not even sure about

this logic is stale and outdated...better move on mr

if I go by una logic of this Bendel nonsense then I will say
bayelsa was once in Rivers state

Rivers state was once in eastern region

eastern region has different languages and bla bla bla

grow up mr..

nothing like Bendel or bla bla bla region

today we hv states bound my language similarities and not gory tales..
Re: Edo People What Do You Think Of Biafra And Their Ambition? by Igboid: 11:25am On Aug 05, 2020
Bigsunny01:

You speak pidgin because Edo is not an ethnic group but a classification of related ethnic groups.
So go and sit down.
I have Esan friends and they speak Esan whenever they are on phone with family members.
But they can't communicate effectively with Binis because the language lack mutual intelligibility so they resort to pidgin.

In Igbo land, we solved this problem by creating a standard Igbo which Any Igbo man, including the Igboids like Igbanke in Edo state would understand without needing an interpreter, so when Igbos gather, we don't need Pidgin, because we are real organic ethnic nationality.

Keep your Edo Pidgin madness to yourselves , don't come and separate us from our brothers in Enuani delta state.

2 Likes

Re: Edo People What Do You Think Of Biafra And Their Ambition? by Bigsunny01(m): 9:26pm On Aug 05, 2020
Igboid:

You speak pidgin because Edo is not an ethnic group but a classification of related ethnic groups.
So go and sit down.
I have Esan friends and they speak Esan whenever they are on phone with family members.
But they can't communicate effectively with Binis because the language lack mutual intelligibility so they resort to pidgin.

In Igbo land, we solved this problem by creating a standard Igbo which Any Igbo man, including the Igboids like Igbanke in Edo state would understand without needing an interpreter, so when Igbos gather, we don't need Pidgin, because we are real organic ethnic nationality.

Keep your Edo Pidgin madness to yourselves , don't come and separate us from our brothers in Enuani delta state.

Ur level of illiteracy is very high dat is why u will continue to argue with ur keyboard

I gat know time to waste with barbarians like u guys who don't even know their write from their left always come online to lay claim of wat will never be.

River 9ja is ur case if u don't know

U are just a greedy thief who is not satisfied with what God has given to u and rather want to lay claim of mid western region dat can never be urs

Dis my Ika brodas have told u guys to stop disgracing ur people cos dey are not Biafra and dey will never be, but instead u keep showcasing ur stupidity here online disgracing ur south easter people with ur dent

As for de mix language it has never be a barrier to us here in de south south, I can boldly tell u dat we love ourselves and we are not complaining. U need to come here and catch some fun with our pidgin, jealousy guys

We are proud of ourselves, u can go hug transformer If u want

U people should live us alone and create ur Biafra with ur 5 south eastern state dat is recognize in Nigeria, Imo, Anambra, Enugu, Abia and Ebonyi

Abi na by force to include a tribe dat do not want u or do not have a south eastern ancestrar to ur Biafra?

2 Likes

Re: Edo People What Do You Think Of Biafra And Their Ambition? by Bigsunny01(m): 9:34pm On Aug 05, 2020
MelesZenawi:

this logic is stale and outdated...better move on mr

if I go by una logic of this Bendel nonsense then I will say
bayelsa was once in Rivers state

Rivers state was once in eastern region

eastern region has different languages and bla bla bla

grow up mr..

nothing like Bendel or bla bla bla region

today we hv states bound my language similarities and not gory tales..

I have just one question for u

Can anoda woman give birth to u after ur moda already gave birth to u?
Re: Edo People What Do You Think Of Biafra And Their Ambition? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 05, 2020
Bigsunny01:

I have just one question for u

Can anoda woman give birth to u after ur moda already gave birth to u?

Ur statement defies logic and such it is utterly useless.

Bendel state is gone with her own republic same way others like rivers, bayelsa, cross river to akwaibom did.

shouting bendel all the time makes your argument too weak and leftist....

argue like someone with his faculty intact.
Re: Edo People What Do You Think Of Biafra And Their Ambition? by Bigsunny01(m): 9:50pm On Aug 05, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Ur statement defies logic and such it is utterly useless.

Bendel state is gone with her own republic same way others like rivers, bayelsa, cross river to akwaibom did.

shouting bendel all the time makes your argument too weak and leftist....

argue like someone with his faculty intact.

Mr man stop dancing around my question and de truth

Dis is how u all are killing dis country, by beaten away from de truth

I'm not surprise probably dis is de same way u guys will kill Biafra if u eventually succeed by not standing tall with de truth
Re: Edo People What Do You Think Of Biafra And Their Ambition? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 05, 2020
Bigsunny01:

Ur level of illiteracy is very high dat is why u will continue to argue with ur keyboard

I gat know time to waste with barbarians like u guys who don't even know their write from their left always come online to lay claim of wat will never be.

River 9ja is ur case if u don't know

U are just a greedy thief who is not satisfied with what God has given to u and rather want to lay claim of mid western region dat can never be urs

Dis my Ika brodas have told u guys to stop disgracing ur people cos dey are not Biafra and dey will never be, but instead u keep showcasing ur stupidity here online disgracing ur south easter people with ur dent

As for de mix language it has never be a barrier to us here in de south south, I can boldly tell u dat we love ourselves and we are not complaining. U need to come here and catch some fun with our pidgin, jealousy guys

We are proud of ourselves, u can go hug transformer If u want

U people should live us alone and create ur Biafra with ur 5 south eastern state dat is recognize in Nigeria, Imo, Anambra, Enugu, Abia and Ebonyi

Abi na by force to include a tribe dat do not want u or do not have a south eastern ancestrar to ur Biafra?

at bolded is totally similar to you.

Bendel state is same as rivers state as anambra state as cross river as ondo state as Oyo state as Kwara state as kano state as kaduna state

mid west is same as northern region same as western region same as eastern region...

all these are creations that came with its own republic and continue to evolve till present states.

how old are you?

you can't communicate with someone that is even in kwale and you keep typing nonsense...

grow up and look at the future.

a right thinking edo man knows that they are related to yorubas.

you leave ur kin and be chasing shadows....

that is not knowing your priority.
Re: Edo People What Do You Think Of Biafra And Their Ambition? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Aug 05, 2020
Bigsunny01:

Mr man stop dancing around my question and de truth

Dis is how u all are killing dis country, by beaten away from de truth

I'm not surprise probably dis is de same way u guys will kill Biafra if u eventually succeed by not standing tall with de truth

Is bendel an ethnic group and if so who birthed it?

most of you really need to be ashamed of yourselves.

the truth is simple and that is yorubas and Edos have common history with strong historical backing

stop chasing shadows..
Re: Edo People What Do You Think Of Biafra And Their Ambition? by Bigsunny01(m): 10:27pm On Aug 05, 2020
MelesZenawi:

at bolded is totally similar to you.

Bendel state is same as rivers state as anambra state as cross river as ondo state as Oyo state as Kwara state as kano state as kaduna state

mid west is same as northern region same as western region same as eastern region...

all these are creations that came with its own republic and continue to evolve till present states.

how old are you?

you can't communicate with someone that is even in kwale and you keep typing nonsense...

grow up and look at the future.

a right thinking edo man knows that they are related to yorubas.

you leave ur kin and be chasing shadows....

that is not knowing your priority.

I'm an Esan man and as an Esan man I know where I came from, everyone have a biography in life, and biography represent de history dat tells us where we from

My Ika brodas know deir history so stop forcing dem to bcom Biafra, as an Esan man wey I be, Ika is just at my back and I have many of dem as friends, dey are many here in Esan land and my Esan people are also very many on de other end we get married to each others often

We know our history biko go and sleep

De same Biafra are already making claim of Esan land saying Ubiaja is now an Igbo land, hehe wetin man no go c for dis life

Very soon una go claim de whole country. I don't blame u guys, it's obvious dat u guys lack land mass cos I have always know dat de problem of ur people is fighting over a peace of land lol

U better stop dreaming and focus anticipating for ur 5 state Biafra grin

1 Like

Re: Edo People What Do You Think Of Biafra And Their Ambition? by Bigsunny01(m): 10:32pm On Aug 05, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Is bendel an ethnic group and if so who birthed it?

most of you really need to be ashamed of yourselves.

the truth is simple and that is yorubas and Edos have common history with strong historical backing

stop chasing shadows..

I c u still cannot provide an answer to my question

I'm sure u don't even have an identity

Go to bed is time for u to sleep
Re: Edo People What Do You Think Of Biafra And Their Ambition? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 05, 2020
Bigsunny01:

I'm an Esan man and as an Esan man I know where I came from, everyone have a biography in life, and biography represent de history dat tells us where we from

My Ika brodas know deir history so stop forcing dem to bcom Biafra, as an Esan man wey I be, Ika is just at my back and I have many of dem as friends, dey are many here in Esan land and my Esan people are also very many on de other end we get married to each others often

We know our history biko go and sleep

De same Biafra are already making claim of Esan land saying Ubiaja is now an Igbo land, hehe wetin man no go c for dis life

Very soon una go claim de whole country. I don't blame u guys, it's obvious dat u guys lack land mass cos I have always know dat de problem of ur people is fighting over a peace of land lol

U better stop dreaming and focus anticipating for ur 5 state Biafra grin

I am not interested in who you are or where you coming from?

If you meet Nnamdi kanu discuss with him about esan issues because I don't know or give a damn about your existence..

From the foregoing it is quite obvious that you don't follow up your discussion but beating from pillar to post..

Ika is in your backyard yet answer Ifeanyi as name while you answer Adesua a yoruboid like name....Do you really know your history..

Ika is at your backyard but hv obi ad king but you have enogie as ruler...what sort of stupid history as you reading..

It is obvious that you are just a child that is overwhelmed by juvenile malapropism..

Meet kanu and discuss his opinion with his, others aren't aware of such..

If kanu is claiming you, write him to mind his business.
kanu is not on nairaland....
Re: Edo People What Do You Think Of Biafra And Their Ambition? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 05, 2020
Bigsunny01:

I c u still cannot provide an answer to my question

I'm sure u don't even have an identity

Go to bed is time for u to sleep

Mister whatever is remaining of Edo state should be dissolved in afenifere or Oduduwa.

BOTH HISTORIES ARE INTER-TWINED.

How can someone see his people and turn around to be fighting another that he doesn't even have common name it.
Re: Edo People What Do You Think Of Biafra And Their Ambition? by Neville660: 3:38pm On Aug 10, 2020
osazuwa23:
i laugh when biafrians say there country will be like america Sorry to burst your fantasy but there will never be a country like the united states on this planet in africa it just impossible you might replicate it but it wont be on the same level you know why it is still in the dark continent of africa cry. Trying to replicate a country like the united states is a receipe for diaster first biafra doesnt have military like united states and it doesnt havde the physique. africa reputation has already been dented since the 1960

Nigeria isn't working as you say because we are a dijointed culture trying to tolerate each other.

The British system worked for them because every citizen in Europe sees themselves as part of the royal aristocracy, this is the reason the queen pampers them so much, and they have lots of mythology like the Yorubas.

The United States system would work for Biafra because it deals on several cultures conjoining together to make freedom for all, it wasn't and it isn't aristocratic in any sort.

Biafra, although the name Igbo was penned a long time ago by the British. We were simply separate cultures having a unified language. Just like we have the English language today. So you know where I'm getting at, with the differing cultures and traditions that speak the same language or not, then the democratic kind of rule would work perfectly for such a setting.
Re: Edo People What Do You Think Of Biafra And Their Ambition? by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 24, 2021
Chris525:
Biafra has no business with Edo or claiming any part of Edo. True, the igbanke of Edo speak ibo but thats about what there is to it. They are settlers.

All over the south, even in the SE, up to Benue & Kogi there are people speaking Edoid languages. Edos will not go there to claim their land or impose anything on them. Its common sense.

In this era of social media & free speech, online or public space is littered with junk & half thoughts. We must be smart about what we react to.

Edo has never been involved directly or indirectly with the Biafra struggle. Edo has no part to play or relationship of any sort with the struggle. Safe to say Edo do not support & also are not against but no doubt their body language is tilted towards Nigeria. More like a neutral with a preference. I also dont think the Igbo see them as their antagonists.

Igbanke people are in their ancestral land, they are not settlers.

There are no edoid people anywhere in benue and kogi
Re: Edo People What Do You Think Of Biafra And Their Ambition? by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 24, 2021

A bunch of stupid claims.
Aniomas are part and parcel of Benin empire, subjects only to the emperor like every other person in the empire.
Aniomas served in the highest echelon of the empire ! (Generals, traders, Prime minister...) By the way, the Anioma who reside in Benin city are undistinguishable from other Edos in Benin city, Chief Agho Obaseki is one. It is outsiders like you who keep saying lots of rubbish in order to draw division and serve your land grabbing purpose.

Also if you guys let an Anioma lead your Igbo political or secessionist groups well good for you, so long you understand that those Anioma whom you allow to lead your groups represent you the people of the south east and do not in any way represent the Anioma people.

Keep on dreaming...

This is a mad and stupid post.

Anioma & igbanke are igbo people. That Anioma was part of the bini kingdom does not in anyway make them Esan or Bini people.

Quit being silly

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Tribe Iin Nigeria Is Most Respected For Their Jazz / In Loving Memory Of The Late King Of Ijebu Igbo Oba Alyeluwa Joel Sowumi / Kabbalah Sex Magick & Blood Sacrifice Used To Control Western Religions Exposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.