Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

How I Got A Fully Funded Scholarship To Study Abroad! A Personal Experience - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How I Got A Fully Funded Scholarship To Study Abroad! A Personal Experience (10082 Views)

Attahiru Jega: Ngige Has Turned The ASUU Strike To A Personal Quarrel / How To Write A Personal Statement Or Statement Of Purpose / UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got A Fully Funded Scholarship To Study Abroad! A Personal Experience by Rennie303: 9:05am On Jul 21, 2020
Abeo2007:
Dear Nairalanders! My name is Abeo. Today I'm here to tell you how I managed to apply to the university of my choice abroad within Computer Science and Technology in China and got a fully funded scholarship. I will share every detail of my personal experience and I believe every Nigerian out there will find this very useful.

I will share some very important tips and I will try to answer as many questions as I can.

TIP 1.
Once you have chosen your field of study , it is important to choose the appropriate country.

For those in the technical field it is better to go to countries like Germany, Czech Republic and the United States. Also, there are very amazing Asian countries too, like : Singapore, South Korea, Japan and China.

For a degree in Design and Fashion, it is better to consider Italy or France. If you are interested in ecology, environmental protection and human rights movement, choose the countries of Nordic region (Sweden, Finland, Norway) or Switzerland.

TIP 2.
You should choose the university of your choice. One of the most useful resource is the ranking of The Times Higher Education World University Rankings and QS rating.

TIP 3. You should prepare all the relevant documents.
I have listed some of the documents below:
1) An authorized translation of your previous or current degree and transcripts.
2) A Motivation letter/Essay/Personal Statement/Statement of Purpose. 70% of your ultimate success really depends on this paper!
3)Copies of your letters of reference.
4)Language certificates. For studying in English — IELTS Academic(6.5 and above) or TOEFL.
5)Additional exams. For example, GMAT/GRE for graduate school in business and finance or portfolio for designers and artists.

TIP 4. You should select scholarship program:
There is a limited number of information aggregators about scholarships and grants:
Germany — DAAD;
France — CampusFrance;
China — CSC Scholarships
StudyFree (https://international.studyfree.org/africa)  —  the platform accumulates scholarships from 34 countries

TIP 5. DEADLINES!!!
By the time you apply for a scholarship, you must have all the relevant documents ready. This means that you need to prepare at least a year before or even a year and a half.

Entering a foreign university with full funding is real. I did it, so you CAN also do it!!!

Feel free to ask me questions.

please are the scholarships available for medicine students in china too...
Thanks alot for answering
Re: How I Got A Fully Funded Scholarship To Study Abroad! A Personal Experience by Shercorp(m): 9:11am On Jul 21, 2020
Rennie303:

please are the scholarships available for medicine students in china too... Thanks alot for answering
Very Few or None infact. MBBS students are always fee paying students in china
Re: How I Got A Fully Funded Scholarship To Study Abroad! A Personal Experience by OYENIYIJK: 9:19am On Jul 21, 2020
Abeo2007:

Hello Nairalanders!

I want to explain what has happened in this situation. I’m just a simple student who found StudyFree. I will not hesitate to mention that this company helped me. Unfortunately, not so many Nigerians know about this company and I decided to tell my story and asked my friends to log in to help me in this promotion.

I didn’t want to look suspicious or hurt somebody’s feelings. I beg pardon. I don’t want to make troubles for this wonderful company and their good team. Sorry guys for looking suspicious! I understand my fault!

PS. I will continue answering questions of other users who asked for help in scholarships because my experience would be helpful. But then I will never ask my friends with different monikers help in promotion or something else.

Sorry bros for breaking the trust!

No problem my brother... I was just surprised by the way you are answering the questions and I said I have to look you up... Keep answering the questions. God Bless you if your motive behind all these is HOLY

God Gat Us wink

3 Likes

Re: How I Got A Fully Funded Scholarship To Study Abroad! A Personal Experience by Abeo2007: 9:23am On Jul 21, 2020
maiyee:
Well explained.
Please what if one already has a degree in English language, for instance, BA(Hons) English language, would the individual still need to go through the IELTS GMAT and all process? Kindly reply.

When you’re planning to obtain master’s degree after the bachelors, you need the transcripts and translation of your previous degree. Also, English language exams are required. However, you can discuss your current situation with the university you applied to. Maybe they can advise you something because every situation is specific.
Re: How I Got A Fully Funded Scholarship To Study Abroad! A Personal Experience by Abeo2007: 9:33am On Jul 21, 2020
itsmolep:

Is the scholarship available for Undergraduates too?
Never been to a University, so I have no transcripts

My scholarship is not for undergraduates. However, China has also scholarships for undergraduates. Look them through wink
Re: How I Got A Fully Funded Scholarship To Study Abroad! A Personal Experience by Abeo2007: 9:35am On Jul 21, 2020
OYENIYIJK:

No problem my brother... I was just surprised by the way you are answering the questions and I said I have to look you up... Keep answering the questions. God Bless you if your motive behind all these is HOLY

God Gat Us wink

Thank you my brother!! God bless us
Re: How I Got A Fully Funded Scholarship To Study Abroad! A Personal Experience by nams77: 9:45am On Jul 21, 2020
Abeo2007:

Sometimes you can have low CGPA but have experience in extracurricular activities or some professional expertise that will help you to be a suitable candidate. Try to search for programs in Europe: Italy, Hungary, the Checz Republic for example.
How about PhD? Which countries are suitable for this( environmental)?
Is this field/space( PhD) saturated?
Kindly share more info
Re: How I Got A Fully Funded Scholarship To Study Abroad! A Personal Experience by c4tnoelz: 10:01am On Jul 21, 2020
Abeo2007:
Dear Nairalanders! My name is Abeo. Today I'm here to tell you how I managed to apply to the university of my choice abroad within Computer Science and Technology in China and got a fully funded scholarship. I will share every detail of my personal experience and I believe every Nigerian out there will find this very useful.

I will share some very important tips and I will try to answer as many questions as I can.

TIP 1.
Once you have chosen your field of study , it is important to choose the appropriate country.

For those in the technical field it is better to go to countries like Germany, Czech Republic and the United States. Also, there are very amazing Asian countries too, like : Singapore, South Korea, Japan and China.

For a degree in Design and Fashion, it is better to consider Italy or France. If you are interested in ecology, environmental protection and human rights movement, choose the countries of Nordic region (Sweden, Finland, Norway) or Switzerland.

TIP 2.
You should choose the university of your choice. One of the most useful resource is the ranking of The Times Higher Education World University Rankings and QS rating.

1) An authorized translation of your previous or current degree and transcripts.
2) A Motivation letter/Essay/Personal Statement/Statement of Purpose. 70% of your ultimate success really depends on this paper!
4)Language certificates. For studying in English — IELTS Academic(6.5 and above) or TOEFL.
5)Additional exams. For example, GMAT/GRE for graduate school in business and finance or portfolio for designers and artists.

There is a limited number of information aggregators about scholarships and grants:
Germany — DAAD;
France — CampusFrance;
China — CSC Scholarships
StudyFree (https://international.studyfree.org/africa)  —  the platform accumulates scholarships from 34 countries

TIP 5. DEADLINES!!!
By the time you apply for a scholarship, you must have all the relevant documents ready. This means that you need to prepare at least a year before or even a year and a half.

Entering a foreign university with full funding is real. I did it, so you CAN also do it!!!

can I get a fully funded scholarship with 2.2? P.s what country would u suggest for an international relations graduate?
Re: How I Got A Fully Funded Scholarship To Study Abroad! A Personal Experience by Slimpotter(m): 10:23am On Jul 21, 2020
Abeo2007:

When you’re planning to obtain master’s degree after the bachelors, you need the transcripts and translation of your previous degree. Also, English language exams are required. However, you can discuss your current situation with the university you applied to. Maybe they can advise you something because every situation is specific.

What do you mean by "translation of your previous degree", do you mean statement of result?
Re: How I Got A Fully Funded Scholarship To Study Abroad! A Personal Experience by Slimpotter(m): 10:24am On Jul 21, 2020
Abeo2007:

My scholarship is not for undergraduates. However, China has also scholarships for undergraduates. Look them through wink

Are you doing your masters now?
Re: How I Got A Fully Funded Scholarship To Study Abroad! A Personal Experience by Slimpotter(m): 10:26am On Jul 21, 2020
I studied Food Science and Technology and I would like to do my masters with a fully funded scholarship, where can I apply?
Re: How I Got A Fully Funded Scholarship To Study Abroad! A Personal Experience by Abeo2007: 11:04am On Jul 21, 2020
nams77:

How about PhD? Which countries are suitable for this( environmental)?
Is this field/space( PhD) saturated?
Kindly share more info

Best PhD in Environmental Studies are in Europe. Also, universities in Sweden, Finland, Norway provide research grants for those who want to obtain PhD in Environmental studies.
Re: How I Got A Fully Funded Scholarship To Study Abroad! A Personal Experience by Abeo2007: 11:08am On Jul 21, 2020
c4tnoelz:
can I get a fully funded scholarship with 2.2? P.s what country would u suggest for an international relations graduate?
Oh bro, 2.2 isn’t the best result but if you have some achievements in other areas (for example, extracurricular activities, volunteering) your chances for enrollment can increase.

Look for Masters in international relations in Europe: Hungary, Czech Republic, Estonia. It’s countries where chances for enrollment with low GPA are pretty good.

1 Like

Re: How I Got A Fully Funded Scholarship To Study Abroad! A Personal Experience by Abeo2007: 11:10am On Jul 21, 2020
Slimpotter:

What do you mean by "translation of your previous degree", do you mean statement of result?

It’s statements of the results as well as if you want to obtain masters degree, it’s necessary to translate your thesis work (in case it isn’t in English)
Re: How I Got A Fully Funded Scholarship To Study Abroad! A Personal Experience by Abeo2007: 11:11am On Jul 21, 2020
Slimpotter:

Are you doing your masters now?

I will. The first semester begins in September-October
Re: How I Got A Fully Funded Scholarship To Study Abroad! A Personal Experience by neonbash0: 11:12am On Jul 21, 2020
FOLLOWING

Abeo2007:

TIP 1.

TIP 2.

Germany — DAAD;
France — CampusFrance;
China — CSC Scholarships

TIP 5. DEADLINES!!!

Re: How I Got A Fully Funded Scholarship To Study Abroad! A Personal Experience by neonbash0: 11:13am On Jul 21, 2020
Abeo2007:

I could advise you European countries like Germany, Netherlands. Also, look for China because China offers a lot of scholarships for international students. However, I found my program on StudyFree platform. Here's the link: https://international.studyfree.org/africa
They really helped me!!! wink
Re: How I Got A Fully Funded Scholarship To Study Abroad! A Personal Experience by Abeo2007: 11:19am On Jul 21, 2020
Slimpotter:
I studied Food Science and Technology and I would like to do my masters with a fully funded scholarship, where can I apply?

I know that top countries where you can study Food Science and Technology is Canada, Australia, Malaysia, China. I’ve heard that Monash University Malaysia is a good one
Re: How I Got A Fully Funded Scholarship To Study Abroad! A Personal Experience by clintwealth(m): 11:22am On Jul 21, 2020
stop giving fake information please you guys are make job difficult for us that is in the field which is very bad, universities gives only discount in fee not full, education is not free any where.am clinton by name and i work with UKEAS NIGERIA PH OFFICE
We would like to invite you to come in and talk to our counselling staff about your plans to study in the UK and to hear about how we can help you to fulfill your ambitions.CALL: 07067001345
Abeo2007:

Unfortunately, it's hard. Universities where lectures are taught in English require you to take English proficiency test as IELTS or TOEFL. If you do not have these exams but have another English language proficiency test, you can get fully funded scholarships at many countries and universities, including universities of USA, Canada. But if you do not have any English language proficiency test, you can get scholarships from universities where lessons are not taught in English. For example, many universities of Germany do not require you English language proficiency test, lessons there are taught in German. Consequently they will require you test of proficiency of German language.

But you can find scholarships which covers the cost of the exams! Search in the Internet! Wish you good luck!!

1 Like

Re: How I Got A Fully Funded Scholarship To Study Abroad! A Personal Experience by imustmakeit(m): 12:33pm On Jul 21, 2020
Do fully funded scholarships cover stipends and living allowance?
Re: How I Got A Fully Funded Scholarship To Study Abroad! A Personal Experience by sgd: 1:49pm On Jul 21, 2020
Check to get information on fully funded scholarships
https://opportunitiescommunity.com
B.Sc, Masters, Doctorate and PostDoc
https://twitter.com/opportunities90
https://instagram.com/opportunitiescommunity
https://facebook.com/opportunitiescommunity

They also help in scholarship search. Thank me later
Re: How I Got A Fully Funded Scholarship To Study Abroad! A Personal Experience by Abeo2007: 1:57pm On Jul 21, 2020
imustmakeit:
Do fully funded scholarships cover stipends and living allowance?
It depends on the scholarship. There're two types of scholarships: government-sponsored and university-sponsored. Government-sponsored scholarships usually provide the largest coverage. Countries with large government scholarships for international students: China, Germany, France, Italy, Korea, Netherlands, Sweden, Norway.
University-sponsored scholarships usually partially or fully cover tuition fee and don't cover living allowance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got A Fully Funded Scholarship To Study Abroad! A Personal Experience by Slimpotter(m): 2:57pm On Jul 21, 2020
Abeo2007:

It’s statements of the results as well as if you want to obtain masters degree, it’s necessary to translate your thesis work (in case it isn’t in English)

I still don't understand you, you were talking about statement of results then you jumped to thesis work.
Re: How I Got A Fully Funded Scholarship To Study Abroad! A Personal Experience by Slimpotter(m): 2:59pm On Jul 21, 2020
Abeo2007:

I will. The first semester begins in September-October
[quote][quote author=Abeo2007 post=91941092]

Can I see any scholarship that is still open and would start around the same time?
Re: How I Got A Fully Funded Scholarship To Study Abroad! A Personal Experience by Slimpotter(m): 3:06pm On Jul 21, 2020
Abeo2007:
It depends on the scholarship. There're two types of scholarships: government-sponsored and university-sponsored. Government-sponsored scholarships usually provide the largest coverage. Countries with large government scholarships for international students: China, Germany, France, Italy, Korea, Netherlands, Sweden, Norway.
University-sponsored scholarships usually partially or fully cover tuition fee and don't cover living allowance.
Abeo2007:

What are the options and likelihood of getting scholarship from these countries.

I know that top countries where you can study Food Science and Technology is Canada, Australia, Malaysia, China. I’ve heard that Monash University Malaysia is a good one

Again what do I need to have on my own for preparation for scholarship application.
Re: How I Got A Fully Funded Scholarship To Study Abroad! A Personal Experience by Abeo2007: 3:38pm On Jul 21, 2020
Slimpotter:

Again what do I need to have on my own for preparation for scholarship application.

It's necessary documents for application abroad (SOME of the documents because the list of the documents can depend on the university you apply to).
1) An authorized translation of your previous or current degree and transcripts (it's translation of your diploma (bachelor), thesis work and statements of results. all information should be in English)

When you choose the university, you can see the requirements and find the necessary information about the documents.
I hope I managed to answer your question.
Re: How I Got A Fully Funded Scholarship To Study Abroad! A Personal Experience by Dharryedu: 4:06pm On Jul 21, 2020
Slimpotter:

For countries like Cyprus, First of all, you need to have the following documents.

scanned copy of waec/neco result
scanned copy of international passport datapage
passport photo
original sssce result
waec/neco scratch card
Re: How I Got A Fully Funded Scholarship To Study Abroad! A Personal Experience by Slimpotter(m): 4:58pm On Jul 21, 2020
Abeo2007:

It's necessary documents for application abroad (SOME of the documents because the list of the documents can depend on the university you apply to).
1) An authorized translation of your previous or current degree and transcripts (it's translation of your diploma (bachelor), thesis work and statements of results. all information should be in English)

When you choose the university, you can see the requirements and find the necessary information about the documents.
I hope I managed to answer your question.
What's letter of reference.
Re: How I Got A Fully Funded Scholarship To Study Abroad! A Personal Experience by Slimpotter(m): 4:59pm On Jul 21, 2020
Dharryedu:

For countries like Cyprus, First of all, you need to have the following documents.

passport photo
original sssce result
waec/neco scratch card
Is Cyprus only interested in O level results.
Re: How I Got A Fully Funded Scholarship To Study Abroad! A Personal Experience by Slimpotter(m): 5:00pm On Jul 21, 2020
Dharryedu:

passport photo
original sssce result
waec/neco scratch card

Re: How I Got A Fully Funded Scholarship To Study Abroad! A Personal Experience by Dharryedu: 10:43am On Jul 22, 2020
Slimpotter:

We just finished an undergraduate scholarship programme in partnership with Near East University, Cyprus. All was needed for potential applicants to apply was a copy of the documents listed and a minimum of 5 credits including Maths and English
Re: How I Got A Fully Funded Scholarship To Study Abroad! A Personal Experience by Slimpotter(m): 10:55pm On Jul 22, 2020
Dharryedu:

We just finished an undergraduate scholarship programme in partnership with Near East University, Cyprus. All was needed for potential applicants to apply was a copy of the documents listed and a minimum of 5 credits including Maths and English

Can you get me inundated on the scholarship process for masters and what they would need for someone to apply in that school?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Some of the top and affordable schools in ijebu-ode, Ogun state. / Nnpc/chevron Jv Scholarship Results Out! Urgent Urgent Urgent / Cultism: A Threat To The Tomorrow Of Leaders Of Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.