Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,324 members, 7,780,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:47 PM

How Long Did You Date Before Getting Engaged And Married? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long Did You Date Before Getting Engaged And Married? (697 Views)

Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? / Have you Ever Been Engaged And Never Got Married To The Person / Guy Gets Engaged And He Discovered This!!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Did You Date Before Getting Engaged And Married? by HappyCreative(f): 8:12pm On Jul 20, 2020
Hey all,

I'm Nigerian but was born in the UK. I'm just wondering roughly how long you dated before getting engaged and married. Is it usually quite quick or can dating go on for years before engagement in Nigerian culture.

The reason why I ask is over been with my boyfriend for 2 years, and we've talked about marriage. My parents have met him etc.

Would my parents expect him to have proposed already as some of the stories I'm reading are people getting engaged after a few months of dating? In the uk, the average from dating to engagement is about 3-4 years, so don't really know what it's average for Nigeria.

Thanks in advance. smiley
Re: How Long Did You Date Before Getting Engaged And Married? by Akuruoulo(m): 10:52pm On Mar 10, 2021
NO ASURED DURATION
SOME STAY PAST 4YEARS, WHILE SOME TAKE MONTHS . BUT MY LITTLE COUSIN MARRIAGE HAPPENED 5 MONTHS AFTER MY IN-LAW VISITED US FOR THE FIRST.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did You Date Before Getting Engaged And Married? by Akuruoulo(m): 10:54pm On Mar 10, 2021
BUT SURELY I THINK IT MUST EXCEED 1 YEAR AND SIX MONTHS.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did You Date Before Getting Engaged And Married? by Dogalmighty17: 11:47pm On Mar 10, 2021
Met in 2016, married her in 2019. It is quite rare in Nigeria for couples to get married few months into dating. It happens though. Give or take, I'd say 4 years of dating before marriage is the average over here in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did You Date Before Getting Engaged And Married? by Bodyodour: 11:50pm On Mar 10, 2021
Since 2020? Nawa oo

Anyway, time doesn't matter. Some date for months and marry while some become "lord of the rings".

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Age Did You Have Your First Kiss? / I Need A Girlfriend / Between Sex And Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.