Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,286 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. (8890 Views)

Deported Nigerians Paid £3000 By UK Boarder Agency But Money Was Seized / REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy / Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa, China, India And Others Regarded As 'high Risk' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by justwise(m): 2:00pm On Feb 12, 2011
Flawless:

Justwise that word should be ceasing (fervently, non stopping) not season (festive, weather etc) I guess you need to be passionate about you improving your English skills with the several asssswipppppppinnngg posts that you have been regurgitating on this site one would think you would have improve your understanding of the English language. You are aspiring to be an English man, you are better off getting your writing skill sorted out then you can graduate to skin bleaching, then various surgeries such as nose restructuring etc. before thinking of supporting the English man with your dribbles.Mr justwise, today is Saturday I have got better things to do with my weekend than throwing banter with someone that gladly walked into 21 century slave trade. Kunta Kunte etc have paid the price.
Nice weekend everyone Bleep

This is coming from somebody who wrote: 'I believe it is hi time you stopped writing anything about Nigeria cos we all know that you will never see any good thing about that great country'.  ? Get help too Mrs English language teacher.
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by Nobody: 2:00pm On Feb 12, 2011
Flawless,thanks. I really can see that. i will totally ignore
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by justwise(m): 2:01pm On Feb 12, 2011
bukky4real:

Flawless,thanks. I really can see that. i will totally ignore

You better do.
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by justwise(m): 2:03pm On Feb 12, 2011
Flawless:

Bukky4real ignore him, he is an infamous character on this site. He is known by everyone for his aggressive and offensive nature. He clearly lack argumentative skills and cannot pass his point without been offensive.

Please never allow his intimidating nature get into you at all.

shalom

. . .yea maybe thats all pple like you deserve from me. Can't be bothered.
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by joxiri: 2:03pm On Feb 12, 2011
this is what kills us nigerians
always quick to judge
  right bukky4real u cnt just generalise that uk universities are easy to get into that is a wrong statement fair enouh us universities maybe better in some peoples opinion but uk universities are still very good nonetheless
 and word of caution there are so many university rankings that do have bias in them so an over reliance on rankings may not be correct
 theres ivy league unis in us and russell group unis in uk these are the top unis on both sides of the border rankings or no rankings i respect any graduate from any uni in that list and It is certainly not easy to get into those unis if you see their requirements

and flawless when people type on this website theres a rush of blood, sometimes i get it and hence people may not pay a lot of attention to their grammar, that does not remove anything from the individual
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by TeeJay6(m): 2:06pm On Feb 12, 2011
bukky4real:

Teejay, hws your research going
lots of hard work, its my first year
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by seye4nii(f): 2:47pm On Feb 12, 2011
Dnt mix things up pls bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@justine u must read and understand; se oju e tifo ni, you always mix things up
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by justwise(m): 2:52pm On Feb 12, 2011
seye4nii:

Dnt mix things up pls bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@justine u must read and understand; se oju e tifo ni, you always mix things up

. . yea but not about you getting involved in sham marriage to stay in the UK.
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by seye4nii(f): 2:56pm On Feb 12, 2011
you still dey angry about dat ; my brs u will die of premature anger oooo.
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by seye4nii(f): 2:58pm On Feb 12, 2011
Do you want to meet me anywhere in London,,,,,,,,,,,@were but be warned i will be coming wit ejire and immi.
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by justwise(m): 2:59pm On Feb 12, 2011
seye4nii:

you still dey angry about dat ; my brs u will die of premature anger oooo.

No, i'm not angry at all, but you don't have any moral right to condem the UK for treating some Nigerians poorly cos you are one of those denting our image in the UK
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by seye4nii(f): 3:01pm On Feb 12, 2011
wat about you that used fake document to obtain student visa ar u not one of us,
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by justwise(m): 3:04pm On Feb 12, 2011
seye4nii:

wat about you that used fake document to obtain student visa ar u not one of us,

from madeup.com. I don't deal on fake documents, all my traveling documents are original.

I don't need to marry my grandmother to stay here, unlike you.
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by SEFAGO(m): 3:20pm On Feb 12, 2011
theres ivy league unis in us and russell group unis in uk these are the top unis on both sides of the border rankings or no rankings i respect any graduate from any uni in that list and It is certainly not easy to get into those unis if you see their requirements

The US ivyleague is different from the Russel Group. It comprises the most elite undergraduate institutions. Most of these institutions open job opportunities and have a social and academic tag that only Oxbridge in the UK can match.

Anyways, Nigeria is really a high risk country- eevryone is trying to run away from naija, dont understand why though.
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by creamofluv: 4:45pm On Feb 12, 2011
Have been living in the uk for the past 6 years and i can tell you UK is not what it used to be back in the days, my advice to people back home who want to come to the UK, should stay put, use your money to invest in business or any other things you can think of.

Alot of people here wanna go back home, but the prospects of security, no light and bad road and health scare the hell out of most people here.

You can't blame the UK government for wanting to reduce immigrant, for one they cant reduce the EU which take massive part of their employments, due to referendum they had with the EU, hence reducing people from non eea.

Let me remind you guys of when ghana was in our country doing all the odds jobs, what did we say, GHANA MUST GO, did you see where the brits are coming from now?

No money, goverment cutting all jobs like there is no tomorrow, and people are getting more angrier by the day.

Also to friends, families back at home, should cut we guys here some slack as they expect us to be sending them ridiculous amount of money everytime. Alot of people cant even afford to eat 3 times a day here. RANT OVER
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by justwise(m): 4:53pm On Feb 12, 2011
SEFAGO:

The US ivyleague is different from the Russel Group. It comprises the most elite undergraduate institutions. Most of these institutions open job opportunities and have a social and academic tag that only Oxbridge in the UK can match.

Anyways, Nigeria is really a high risk country- eevryone is trying to run away from naija, dont understand why though.

Are those two groups ranked based on the quality of research they carried out or what?
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by joxiri: 4:55pm On Feb 12, 2011
well the russell group is an equivalent of the ivy league in the uk and can also provide good opportunities for UK undergraduates
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by justwise(m): 4:56pm On Feb 12, 2011
creamofluv:

Have been living in the uk for the past 6 years and i can tell you UK is not what it used to be back in the days, [b]my advice to people back home who want to come to the UK, should stay put, use your money to invest in business or any other things you can think of.[/b]Alot of people here wanna go back home, but the prospects of security, no light and bad road and health scare the hell out of most people here.
You can't blame the UK government for wanting to reduce immigrant, for one they cant reduce the EU which take massive part of their employments, due to referendum they had with the EU, hence reducing people from non eea.
Let me remind you guys of when ghana was in our country doing all the odds jobs, what did we say, GHANA MUST GO, did you see where the brits are coming from now?No money, goverment cutting all jobs like there is no tomorrow, and people are getting more angrier by the day.
Also to friends, families back at home, should cut we guys here some slack as they expect us to be sending them ridiculous amount of money everytime. Alot of people cant even afford to eat 3 times a day here. RANT OVER
That is true but a bitter one, not everybody will see it that way.
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by SEFAGO(m): 5:29pm On Feb 12, 2011
Are those two groups ranked based on the quality of research they carried out or what?

no they are not. A small number of the ivy league have weak research profiles though they are weak in teh US, but would be qualified as strong in the UK. For example Brown is seen as a weak research institution in the US but its research profile is stronger than 80% of the Russell Group. However the student body and prestige at brown in the US is very strong. The job opportunities available to a graduate from Brown would be very very significant.

In geenral most people in the US make a distinction between rigorous undergraduate institutions and Research universities.

well the russell group is an equivalent of the ivy league in the uk and can also provide good opportunities for UK undergraduates

You might as well say OAU/UI is equivalent to Harvard since these are the best in nigeria. Also depends on your definition of good opportunities. They would do the trick though for a simple job but most would not get you a job at an elite firm easily.

Anyways I think at this point I want to encourage everyone to go back home. There is so much we couldn do for Nigeria with the education we receive abroad.

Dont you miss pounded yam and eguisi soup, because I do.

i agree, its the right of the UK to limit immigration in their country. Their system seems to be already overburdened

Come on guys there is Canada and Australia- these countries have small population density, at leasy consider your prospects there.

There is only one place that no one would be chasing you about in terms of immigration and stuff. the country where you were born----Naija grin
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by justwise(m): 5:58pm On Feb 12, 2011
SEFAGO:

no they are not. A small number of the ivy league have weak research profiles though they are weak in teh US, but would be qualified as strong in the UK. For example Brown is seen as a weak research institution in the US but its research profile is stronger than 80% of the Russell Group. However the student body and prestige at brown in the US is very strong. The job opportunities available to a graduate from Brown would be very very significant.
In geenral most people in the US make a distinction between rigorous undergraduate institutions and Research universities.
You might as well say OAU/UI is equivalent to Harvard since these are the best in nigeria. Also depends on your definition of good opportunities. They would do the trick though for a simple job but most would not get you a job at an elite firm easily.
Anyways I think at this point I want to encourage everyone to go back home. [b]There is so much we couldn do for Nigeria with the education we receive abroad.[/b]Dont you miss pounded yam and eguisi soup, because I do.
i agree, its the right of the UK to limit immigration in their country. Their system seems to be already overburdened
Come on guys there is Canada and Australia- these countries have small population density, at leasy consider your prospects there.

There is only one place that no one would be chasing you about in terms of immigration and stuff. the country where you were born----Naija grin
Thats a serious point, though its hard to make that decision, the way things are here now, alot of pple would cherish the opportunity of moving back home, but its hard to make that move.
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by uglybetty: 1:30pm On Feb 14, 2011
Do i blame them, is it not the nigerian poeple that have devalued our certificate that is why the keep runing there to school as if the have more brain than us.pls tell me what the big deal is to school there? is it the intonation, or the cold or what?we have grate and highly inteligent professors, lecturals and teachers. if not for lack of good facilities and leadership. this oyinbo self If they like make them band us ,who go loose?
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by justwise(m): 1:34pm On Feb 14, 2011
uglybetty:

Do i blame them, is it not the nigerian poeple that have devalued our certificate that is why the keep runing there to school as if the have more brain than us.pls tell me what the big deal is to school there? is it the intonation, or the cold or what?we have grate and highly inteligent professors, lecturals and teachers. if not for lack of good facilities and leadership. this oyinbo self If they like make them band us ,who go loose?

So who devalued our certificate then?
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by yommyuk: 12:41am On Feb 15, 2011
what the big deal is to school there? is it the intonation, or the cold or what?we have grate and highly inteligent professors, lecturals and teachers. if not for lack of good facilities and leadership. this oyinbo self If they like make them band us ,who go loose?

If you are not happy, pack your bags and go back to 9ija. Abi na by force sad

Abi na oyinbo say make nigeian educational system fall apart. U people should get real.
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by thameamead(f): 2:36pm On Feb 15, 2011
''''''
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by joxiri: 4:05pm On Feb 15, 2011
Thamemead you ve been mia on here for a while
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by thameamead(f): 11:39am On Feb 19, 2011
joxiri:

Thamemead you ve been mia on here for a while

Happy New Year Sir/Madam
I have bn spending more time on the foreign affairs section.
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by deoyel25(m): 12:35pm On Feb 20, 2011
@Justwise, What do you do in UK. Are you working or studying? I wonder where you always have the time to post on all the sections of nairaland. I read this thread from the beginning to the last post and I realized that you posted more than 30% of the whole thread. No offence meant oooo. I am only curious.
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by justwise(m): 12:51pm On Feb 20, 2011
deoyel25:

@Justwise, What do you do in UK. Are you working or studying? I wonder where you always have the time to post on all the sections of nairaland. I read this thread from the beginning to the last post and I realized that you posted more than 30% of the whole thread. No offence meant oooo. I am only curious.

. .but that is not true,

and what one does got nothing to do with his number of posts in nairaland, i could send 15-20 posts within 5mins, the same amount of post could take somebody else an hr to send.
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by JagaJaga1: 2:26pm On Feb 20, 2011
@justwise you haven't answered the question
Re: Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. by justwise(m): 2:36pm On Feb 20, 2011
Jaga Jaga:

@justwise you haven't answered the question

Which question?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Uk Visa Application (advice Needed) / Lagos Development (Pictures). / First Nation Resumes Flight Operations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.