Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,962 members, 7,799,274 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:11 PM

What's The Most Painful Loss You Have Had This Year 2020? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What's The Most Painful Loss You Have Had This Year 2020? (40627 Views)

12 Painful Career Truths That People Conceal From Themselves / Share Your Most Painful Job/fellowship Experience / What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Most Painful Loss You Have Had This Year 2020? by PhilipReigns(m): 3:24pm On Jul 21, 2020
I lost a big job opportunity (Federal government job) February this year as a result of mistrust. I was told to bring 300k to buy the job slot even though I had the money I was suspicious I was going to be duped, but then I informed my friend who jumped at the offer, paid the money and to my almost surprise was actually called for training.

Funny and foolish of me right? Add yours.

70 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Have Had This Year 2020? by poshestmina(f): 3:36pm On Jul 21, 2020
Thankfully ,no significant one.

Just little business challenges.
We thank God and pray for seven fold recoveries.

We move! kiss

83 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Have Had This Year 2020? by LuQuLuQu(m): 5:24pm On Jul 21, 2020
Buying a tin of Sardins only to find the fish content has reduced to 2 at the same price!

What a great loss to the nation.. cry

278 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Have Had This Year 2020? by nams77: 5:32pm On Jul 21, 2020

3 Likes

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Have Had This Year 2020? by liricaliblunt(f): 5:39pm On Jul 21, 2020
PhilipReigns:
I lost a big job opportunity (Federal government job) February this year as a result of mistrust. I was told to bring 300k to buy the job slot even though I had the money I was suspicious I was going to be duped, but then I informed my friend who jumped at the offer, paid the money and to my almost surprise was actually called for training.

Going by your story and speaking on experience of two close pals of mine. That one is called for training doesn't guarantee one gets the job

It could still be a scam. Have seen it

388 Likes 12 Shares

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Have Had This Year 2020? by Exmilitant(m): 5:43pm On Jul 21, 2020
Sometime around march ending, about 3 marketers called to say they needed a 100 thousand litres of diesel between them at the rate of 150 naira. I headed to the creek in excitement struggling to meet up the demand in time, only to hear of lockdown after i have cook just 5 thousand litres. The thing pain me eh. Finally, God did it.

98 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Have Had This Year 2020? by PhilipReigns(m): 6:20pm On Jul 21, 2020
liricaliblunt:

Going by your story and speaking on experience of two close pals of mine. That one is called for training doesn't guarantee one gets the job

It could still be a scam. Have seen it
It's not scam, once u re called for training, that is it.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Have Had This Year 2020? by PhilipReigns(m): 6:21pm On Jul 21, 2020
nams77:
U don book space with style....go call lalasticlala come na Lol
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Have Had This Year 2020? by PhilipReigns(m): 6:23pm On Jul 21, 2020
LuQuLuQu:
Buying a tin of Sardins only to discover the fish content has reduced to 2 at the same price!

What a great loss to the nation.. cry
Lol

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Have Had This Year 2020? by PhilipReigns(m): 6:25pm On Jul 21, 2020
Exmilitant:
Sometime around march ending, about 3 marketers called to say they needed a 100 thousand litres of diesel between them at the rate of 150 naira. I headed to the creek in excitement struggling to meet up the demand in time, only to hear of lockdown after i have cook just 5 thousand litres. The thing pain me eh. Finally, God did it.
Na wao so painful. My friend's flight to Dubai was suspended shortly before, after paying the payables only to check d site now and he's been asked to make another payment pending when activities resumes.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Have Had This Year 2020? by mariahAngel(f): 6:58pm On Jul 21, 2020
Exmilitant:

Abobby...

Na you e!
grin

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Have Had This Year 2020? by Exmilitant(m): 7:12pm On Jul 21, 2020
mariahAngel:

Abobby...

Na you e!
grin
You dey call elder like me abobby? My tapdogs plenty and dem rugged o. How far?

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Have Had This Year 2020? by Ent3rpreneur(m): 7:16pm On Jul 21, 2020
How did this shit get to front page?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Have Had This Year 2020? by BOOOMNAIJA: 7:16pm On Jul 21, 2020
Be ur own boss!.....stop looking for government job upandan..... emancipate urself from slavery.

14 Likes

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Have Had This Year 2020? by GboyegaD(m): 7:16pm On Jul 21, 2020
Yet, we are quick to abuse those in government. I would say be glad you did not pay however, your post is an opposite because you actually support payment to secure a government job.

I don't know why this made the front page.

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Have Had This Year 2020? by dalass(f): 7:16pm On Jul 21, 2020
PhilipReigns:

Well, you could have lost 300k... I have lost money too to such... First time I heard of NIA and I paid to a guy working there who's connected. The friend who vouched for him was confident he also paid .... We were told to get ready for training bla bla blagrin...

The man disappeared grin

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Have Had This Year 2020? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:16pm On Jul 21, 2020
Crying for u op
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Have Had This Year 2020? by Passionate888: 7:16pm On Jul 21, 2020
FG employ this year? Buhari sef

2 Likes

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Have Had This Year 2020? by BenGurion10: 7:16pm On Jul 21, 2020
Nice
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Have Had This Year 2020? by toxxnoni(m): 7:16pm On Jul 21, 2020
Bad
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Have Had This Year 2020? by Justarandomguy: 7:17pm On Jul 21, 2020
PhilipReigns:

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Have Had This Year 2020? by Olochee: 7:17pm On Jul 21, 2020
I know someone that lost 700k for a government job....till today, he hasn't recovered financially from it.

91 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Have Had This Year 2020? by Angelawhite(m): 7:17pm On Jul 21, 2020
The Job ain’t yours.

Sow 300k in your life in terms of self development and skills acquisition and you won’t have to pay your way to land a Job

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Have Had This Year 2020? by sylve11: 7:17pm On Jul 21, 2020
@ op, na so e dey be sometimes. Person nor dey wise reach sotey him go come see him own back. cool

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Have Had This Year 2020? by Bewiseedet(m): 7:17pm On Jul 21, 2020
we move on
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Have Had This Year 2020? by BenGurion10: 7:17pm On Jul 21, 2020
Losing Abba Kyari was my biggest loss this year

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Have Had This Year 2020? by Mindlog: 7:20pm On Jul 21, 2020
Buying job slot?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Have Had This Year 2020? by aybabz101: 7:20pm On Jul 21, 2020
BOOOMNAIJA:
Be ur own boss!.....stop looking for government job upandan..... emancipate urself from slavery.

how is it slavery working for someone? if everybody is into business, who will man the other sector of the economy.

u guys need to respect other people's choices; some love business while some loves working in corporate organizations. some people loves government work while others just want subordinates to train and mentor.

I know someone who made millions of naira in bitcoin business but wasn't fulfilled. currently he is undergoing his PhD program which involves staying in the lab everyday. the guy just want to be a lecturer.

u business guys should just respect other peoples choices and stop belittling them. everything is not always about money!

253 Likes 21 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

U-connect Invitation For Interview / How I Got Teaching Job In Lekki Ajah Axis Of Lagos / How To Write EFCC Application Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.