Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,859 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo (46555 Views)

Victor Osimehn’s Amazing Stats For Lille This Season / Argentina Fans Begged Super Eagles To Win Iceland For Messi. Photo / Oprah Winfrey’s Advice For Messi: Find Your Inner Strength And Be A Warrior (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by bayelsaowei(m): 10:59am On Jul 24, 2020
Beverlyjean:

Italian seria a best player, Seria a league title , super cup about to win another seria a title and golden boot and even European golden boot ... he has won more titles in 2 yrs than ur dwarf that has only won 1 title in 2 yrs ...ronaldo will mk it 4 titles by weekend
see the same human that down graded the la liga title and probably even the copa del Ray talking about seria A and Italian cup.. you are a bare faced hypocrite..

2 Likes

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Techiekingee(m): 11:03am On Jul 24, 2020
Beverlyjean:

Seriously, u messi fans on NL are either toddlers or retar.ds...jokes apart...did that nonsense u typed just come out of ur brain ...oh no ...smh
When u don't have anything to say, dis is the typical rubbish you always type.....Since I've known u on Nairaland...

Mr 99 years old.....if u are so smart and mature, wat re u doin on Messi and Ronaldo thread arguing ur pained ass out.....

You are so smart, yet u don't watch the matches of the footballer you asslick

2 Likes

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by oodua1stson: 11:05am On Jul 24, 2020
ProfAmaben:

Oga, read my post, I'm talking about senior national team trophies.

Ronaldo: Euro 2016.

Messi: ?
so you mean your ogufe failed with his junior team?

Also which senior team tournament was Ronaldo best player for Portugal. at least that should determine his influence in the national team
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Beverlyjean(f): 11:08am On Jul 24, 2020
bayelsaowei:
ronaldo brought portugal back from the dead but was absent an inactive in their final matches for which his team mates stood up and delivered..

Messi has done same back to back for argentina but with no trophies...so why blame him for argentinas loss or lack of trophies...

Why can't the other players in argentina stand up and deliver like elber and bernado silva for portugal..why antagonise messi for argentinas trophilessness..messi remains the highest goal scorer for argentina ahead of maradonna and has led that argentine squad both at under 17 and as a senior to world cup finals respectively...

Why use a trophy which is decided by a team to judge one person..

Nonsense...you've gone round and round only to agree that the trophy won by portugal is not an individual success but that of a team..

If to say you no be female I for don begin abuse oo...lol

No one is blaming him...after all Johan cruyff lost 2 finals in the world cup ... if he won a world cup or European cup , cruyff would hv joined pele or maradona .... no one insults cruyff cos no one says he is the greatest , so as di Stefano that did more than what messi has don at club level ... but y compare him with greats when he has only barca in his cabinet of trophies... forlan won world cup golden ball as well ,but I can bet that over 85% of NL members dont know this ...but ask hu won 2010 world cup , even aboki for street knows the winner... forlan will trade a million golden balls for one world cup title ... on the day they gave messi the golden ball in 2014 , he wud hv thrown it away in an instance if he was offered the world cup medal as trade... messi is in the ranks of cruyff and di Stefano... he is not even on ronaldos level ... go to England and man u , they scream ronaldo , go to spain and madrid , they scream ronaldo , go to portugal, they scream ronaldo , go to Turin italy they scream ronaldo ... but look at messi , only barca , Argentina nothing ... he only has league titles as club achievement in over half a decade ... top scorer in CL is something he has only achieved once in the past 5 yrs ... his power is just limited in spain... u will blame his team mates in Argentina and also blame his team mates in barca ... do u know Ronaldo motivated that Portuguese
team to were they belong now ... if not for Ronaldo, that team will b as shi.tty as it used to b b4 he joined... the grace that follows that guy no b for here... eusebio tried it but failed , figo tried it but failed , Ronaldo comes thru and achieves it 2ice
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Babaj145(m): 11:12am On Jul 24, 2020
Techiekingee:

Who mentioned Sarri here....are u dreaming?
Are u even a juve fan or do you just stan Ronaldo...
Ronaldo criticized his teammates style of play....if u don't watch Juve match, don't argue blindly
Look at this one undecided..I mentioned sarri because he is d coach of juventus and he his d sole person responsible for the teams tactics of play..its dat simple oga..abi is ronaldo d coach of juventus??..before sarri came there was no uproar of people criticizing the way juventus play their football..infant juventus easily wins their league and league cup by a landslide but all that changed when sarri finally took over management, now juventus are visibly struggling in d league which is no players fault order than d coach...and I repeat ronaldo has NEVER publicly criticized d juventus board, sarri or any juventus team mate of playing badly dats more of MESSI'S department..quit playing smart..

1 Like

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Beverlyjean(f): 11:13am On Jul 24, 2020
bayelsaowei:
see the same human that down graded the la liga title and probably even the copa del Ray talking about seria A and Italian cup.. you are a bare faced hypocrite..

A question was asked and I simply replied... 2 seria a titles , one super cup and a nations league ... Ronaldo has never failed to b top scorer for any team he has played for in 12 -13 yrs unlike messi that Suarez chanced in 2016...even with all the penalties he scored that year , still Suarez outscored him ...besides Ronaldo won 3 CL titles within same 5 yrs that messi dint smell finals and won top scorer 4 times
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by bayelsaowei(m): 11:15am On Jul 24, 2020
Beverlyjean:

No one is blaming him...after all Johan cruyff lost 2 finals in the world cup ... if he won a world cup or European cup , cruyff would hv joined pele or maradona .... no one insults cruyff cos no one says he is the greatest , so as di Stefano that did more than what messi has don at club level ... but y compare him with greats when he has only barca in his cabinet of trophies... forlan won world cup golden ball as well ,but I can bet that over 85% of NL members dont know this ...but ask hu won 2010 world cup , even aboki for street knows the winner... forlan will trade a million golden balls for one world cup title ... on the day they gave messi the golden ball in 2014 , he wud hv thrown it away in an instance if he was offered the world cup medal as trade... messi is in the ranks of cruyff and di Stefano... he is not even on ronaldos level ... go to England and man u , they scream ronaldo , go to spain and madrid , they scream ronaldo , go to portu8, they scream ronaldo , go to Turin italy they scream ronaldo ... but look at messi , only barca , Argentina nothing ... he only has league titles as club achievement in over half a decade ... top scorer in CL is something he has only achieved once in the past 5 yrs ... his power is just limited in spain... u will blame his team mates in Argentina and also blame his team mates in barca ... do u know Ronaldo motivated that Portuguese
team to were they belong now ... if not for Ronaldo, that team will b as shi.tty as it used to b b4 he joined... the grace that follows that guy no b for here... eusebio tried it but failed , figo tried it but failed , Ronaldo comes thru and achieves it 2ice
ronaldo motivated the Portuguese team and messi didnt for argentina?? Are you drunk or what? The argentine team has progressed to 2 copa finals and a world cup finals and you still think messi didn't motivate them? Are you high? OK who motivated portugal to world cup 2006 semi finals against France? Christiano abi?? You forget that portugal has always been a football team and force to reckon with even before christiano ronaldo..

We all come back to the same point..ronaldo supports the portugues team just as every other team mate does..further more those team mates deliver in crucial final matches. Superb team mates...
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by ProfAmaben(m): 11:16am On Jul 24, 2020
pquaver:

Yes because of his teammate.. Just like dembele lifted the world cup and modric didn't.. Does not mean dembele is better than modric at the world cup

But Dembele is a world cup winner and Modric isn't. Do you know that Adan of Real Madrid has more champions league trophies than Buffon and Ibrahimovic combined?

Trophy is trophy.

1 Like

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by bayelsaowei(m): 11:17am On Jul 24, 2020
Beverlyjean:

A question was asked and I simply replied... 2 seria a titles , one super cup and a nations league ... Ronaldo has never failed to b top scorer for any team he has played for in 12 -13 yrs unlike messi that Suarez chanced in 2016...even with all the penalties he scored that year , still Suarez outscored him
thats because ronaldo is a greedy footballer tap in merchant and a penalty taker.. if you remember the same season suarez clinched the highest goal scorer for barca was the same season ronaldo and messi didnt get it..

Do you know how much assist messi has given to suarez.. messi even passed a penalty to suarez to score in of their matches..
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Androidking: 11:18am On Jul 24, 2020
This debate will never end on other words they are balanced each other one way or another ,Messi is better than Ronaldo in some part and Ronaldo is better than Messi in another part .

No one can ever be a complete players , because football is not one man stuff it's team work and made of so many positions and formations

Your efforts and ur achievement in football comes with the power of the coaches and the love of ur club president , the coach can make u and also break u , (Ronaldo vs Mourinho war) vs (Ronaldo and Zidane)

Finally right now these guys are no longer doing anything new any more , rather Dan rebranding records .

Messi supposed to play better , enjoy better , and achieve better because of his background being trained by Barcelona + his talents is already a boost ,for him , so anything he achieved in Barcelona is because in his Brian he has memorised the pitch ,the players , almost everything about the club so I expect his to achieve great things ,

Ronaldo with poor back ground and village and poor family , moving around a lot , still managed to achieve what he has now is enough to tell u his is good footballer , this is where he he has a little edge over Messi , fighting against all odds is not easy , language barrier and constant movement.

So I think der is no way to set a winner , Messi achieved more , which is average if compare to how he was prepared from childhood coz no one wants to train him den because he was so little den , had it being Barca did not pick him he would have shy away or remain short . So his achievement is what I expected and I praise him for that .

2 Likes

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Techiekingee(m): 11:20am On Jul 24, 2020
Babaj145:

Look at this one undecided..I mentioned sarri because he is d coach of juventus and he his d sole person responsible for the teams tactics of play..its dat simple oga..abi is ronaldo d coach of juventus??..before sarri came there was no uproar of people criticizing the way juventus play their football..infant juventus easily wins their league and league cup by a landslide but all that changed when sarri finally took over management, now juventus are visibly struggling in d league which is no players fault order than d coach...and I repeat ronaldo has NEVER publicly criticized d juventus board, sarri or any juventus team mate of playing badly dats more of MESSI'S department..quit playing smart..
All these changed since Sarri took up management but not since Ronaldo joined them..... right?
Please I have a little question and I'll really appreciate you answering..... To your understanding, what kind of Tactics has Sarri brought to juve??

U see now dat u don't watch Juve match or read Juve news..... Ronaldo talked about his teammates playing
Badly and not giving him the ball in the match against Lyon...
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Beverlyjean(f): 11:24am On Jul 24, 2020
bayelsaowei:
ronaldo motivated the Portuguese team and messi didnt for argentina?? Are you drunk or what? The argentine team has progressed to 2 copa finals and a world cup finals and you still think messi didn't motivate them? Are you high? OK who motivated portugal to world cup 2006 semi finals against France? Christiano abi?? You forget that portugal has always been a football team and force to reckon with even before christiano ronaldo..

We all come back to the same point..ronaldo supports the portugues team just as every other team mate does..further more those team mates deliver in crucial final matches. Superb team mates...

How was Portugal a team to reckon with b4 Ronaldo?? A team that had never appeared in a final of any tournament b4 ronaldo ... WC semi in 66 and euro semi in 2000... knocked out of group stage in 02 WC by Korea and poland ... had only appeared in 3 WC tournaments in history b4 Ronaldo.. had never had back to back WC tournament till ronaldo ... played in 3 finals since ronaldo and a WC semis ... u wanna compare that with Argentina that had won 2 WCs , copa America cups , world cup finalist 3 times , great past and present players , Confederations cup winners .... u dont hv credibility

1 Like

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Beverlyjean(f): 11:27am On Jul 24, 2020
bayelsaowei:
thats because ronaldo is a greedy footballer tap in merchant and a penalty taker.. if you remember the same season suarez clinched the highest goal scorer for barca was the same season ronaldo and messi didnt get it..

Do you know how much assist messi has given to suarez.. messi even passed a penalty to suarez to score in of their matches..

grin grin mr assist ...the assist merchant... I am yet to c an award for highest assist or best assist... something that was never in record till u messi fans started carrying it for head like gala sellers as u all saw that Ronaldo wasnt ready to give up on goals... I can bet if assists were recorded bk then , people like pele Maradona cruyff , zidane Beckham figo wud hv been lords

Messi that is not greedy, y does he now play penalties, y don't he leave it for others now... hus the hypocrite now!!

1 Like

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Beverlyjean(f): 11:31am On Jul 24, 2020
Techiekingee:

Lol, see ur self now......

Ronaldo fans have bin reduced to counting their eggs before they hatch....The only certain title for Ronaldo is the serie A title... for now

Now, serie A title isn't a child cup but Laliga title is one?

Ronaldo hasn't even won the local golden boot against immobile not to talk of winning European over Lewa...

He has more titles than Messi in two years, yet he still can't meet up with as much trophies as Messi has....

A little advice for u, when arguing, don't do it with hate.... do it with reasoning

Look at this one...ronaldo has more titles than ur little man ...and u cant bet against him not winning the european golden boot ...he is just 4 short...at least league title is certain...the little man will go empty handed
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Beverlyjean(f): 11:33am On Jul 24, 2020
bayelsaowei:
kindly put ronaldos part and let's watch.

Put ronaldos play and lets be the judge..

Messi even dribbled ronaldo in that same match...and he was just 19 if I am not mistaken...

So u count dribbling backwards as dribble too grin grin...that's running away from ur opponent
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Techiekingee(m): 11:38am On Jul 24, 2020
Beverlyjean:

Look at this one...ronaldo has more titles than ur little man ...and u cant bet against him not winning the european golden boot ...he is just 4 short...at least league title is certain...the little man will go empty handed
Lol, this boy.....u no sabi ball.....yet u go still dey argue ontop ignorance...

Trophies, Messi has more
Individual awards, Messi has more......

if u nid evidence, kindly request for one...u know me, I'll always give u......instead of talking out of ignorance...

Ronaldo isn't even the highest goal scorer in serie A yet you think he'll win the European golden boot....

Even the highest goal scorer in Serie A right now is not yet sure of the European golden boot....but Ronaldo fans are already kill themselves

2 Likes

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by ojaysam25(m): 11:40am On Jul 24, 2020
[quote author=Gregorian2020 post=92043073][/quote]
Gibberish....google is your friend....is juventus paying him more than when he was in madrid...
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Babaj145(m): 11:54am On Jul 24, 2020
Techiekingee:

All these changed since Sarri took up management but not since Ronaldo joined them..... right?
Please I have a little question and I'll really appreciate you answering..... To your understanding, what kind of Tactics has Sarri brought to juve??

U see now dat u don't watch Juve match or read Juve news..... Ronaldo talked about his teammates playing
Badly and not giving him the ball in the match against Lyon...
Yes!!!..it all changed when sarri took over at juventus..my evidence??, well easy juve with allegri won d 2018/2019 league with 90 points leaving Napoli d second placed team with a gap of 11 points and Atalanta d 3rd placed team with a staggering 21 points..if dat is not a dominant league winning season den I don't know what dat is..and guess what?? Ronaldo was part or dat team..I guess dat answers ur first question..

For ur second, sarri football is basically a possession oriented high level pressing system of football dat requires positioning and short distance passes to reach d oppositions box to score..and dis system of football requires specific type of players for it to work..it cannot work with any kind of players or squad, or club which is clearly d case of juventus.. Juventus is a defensive, counter attacking club dat requires long passes and wing play to reach d opposition box..and dat is d kind of players juventus have which is why sarri tactics is not working for dem..cappish..

And for d case of juve game against lyon, maybe u should read my post about 'publicly critisizing'..dat was a conversation btw ronaldo and dybala caught on camera..it wasnt a public criticism.. Dat can happen to any other player wen their team are not performing well at dat moment..d discussion ended there and it was never a big deal..unlike d case of messi and Barcelona saga dat has been going on for almost d full season..

1 Like

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by bayelsaowei(m): 12:01pm On Jul 24, 2020
Beverlyjean:

grin grin mr assist ...the assist merchant... I am yet to c an award for highest assist or best assist... something that was never in record till u messi fans started carrying it for head like gala sellers as u all saw that Ronaldo wasnt ready to give up on goals... I can bet if assists were recorded bk then , people like pele Maradona cruyff , zidane Beckham figo wud hv been lords

Messi that is not greedy, y does he now play penalties, y don't he leave it for others now... hus the hypocrite now!!
messi has indeed left penalties for neymar to take and even passing one to suarez..i am yet to see penaldo do that..

And mind you messi still holds the highest amount of golden boots in the laliga ...assists its just an icing on the cake..and to know he's got more assists than even midfielders is a wonder to behold...

All the legends you've mentioned it is likely messi has got more assists than them..so he trumps them even in assists including penaldo
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by bayelsaowei(m): 12:09pm On Jul 24, 2020
Beverlyjean:

So u count dribbling backwards as dribble too grin grin...that's running away from ur opponent
nonsense..put ronaldos video here and you're jumping about..

We can also compare there videos for 2009 finals...

There is no video clip you would put out of the best of ronaldo vs messi that ronaldo comes out on top..you know that...

Messi has uncountable numbers of dribbles completed than ronaldo if not by far...
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Techiekingee(m): 12:19pm On Jul 24, 2020
Babaj145:

Yes!!!..it all changed when sarri took over at juventus..my evidence??, well easy juve with allegri won d 2018/2019 league with 90 points leaving Napoli d second placed team with a gap of 11 points and Atalanta d 3rd placed team with a staggering 21 points..if dat is not a dominant league winning season den I don't know what dat is..and guess what?? Ronaldo was part or dat team..I guess dat answers ur first question..

For ur second, sarri football is basically a possession oriented high level pressing system of football dat requires positioning and short distance passes to reach d oppositions box to score..and dis system of football requires specific type of players for it to work..it cannot work with any kind of players or squad, or club which is clearly d case of juventus.. Juventus is a defensive, counter attacking club dat requires long passes and wing play to reach d opposition box..and dat is d kind of players juventus have which is why sarri tactics is not working for dem..cappish..

And for d case of juve game against lyon, maybe u should read my post about 'publicly critisizing'..dat was a conversation btw ronaldo and dybala caught on camera..it wasnt a public criticism.. Dat can happen to any other player wen their team are not performing well at dat moment..d discussion ended there and it was never a big deal..unlike d case of messi and Barcelona saga dat has been going on for almost d full season..
Allegri's 2018/2019, what did it achieve for Ronaldo as a player??....not serie A top scorer, not europe top scorer, cup loss, eliminated quarter final champions League

Mind you, this Sarri tactics that is being condemned is the same tactics dat has fetched Ronaldo 12 penalties and and 30goals this season .... more league goals since 2016 and still on course to win their usual serie A trophy..wat exactly do Ronaldo and his fans want?

The moment he told Dybala dat, he made his opinion and feeling about Juve and his teammates known and public.
you'll agree with me that Ronaldo still being part of that team is the reason why he can't criticize them publicly.l...we all know Ronaldo wud gladly go back to Madrid if he's embraced.....if you don't agree, no P..
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Gamesmart: 12:38pm On Jul 24, 2020
ProfAmaben:

Kindly remove the smart and leave only the game in your moniker.

Did you pull that "analysis" out of your ass?

1 Like

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by ProfAmaben(m): 12:43pm On Jul 24, 2020
Gamesmart:

Did you pull that "analysis" out of your ass?

Homosexual spotted.
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Babaj145(m): 12:45pm On Jul 24, 2020
Techiekingee:

Allegri's 2018/2019, what did it achieve for Ronaldo as a player??....not serie A top scorer, not europe top scorer, cup loss, eliminated quarter final champions League

Mind you, this Sarri tactics that is being condemned is the same tactics dat has fetched Ronaldo 12 penalties and and 30goals this season .... more league goals since 2016 and still on course to win their usual serie A trophy..wat exactly do Ronaldo and his fans want?

You will agree with me that Ronaldo still being part of that team is the reason why he can't criticize them publicly.l...we all know Ronaldo wud gladly go back to Madrid if he's embraced.....if you don't agree, no P..

Are u seriously asking me what ronaldo achieved in his first season??.. A league and super cup title, serie a MVP of the year..juventus highest goal scorer for dat season..PS: I don't think any one expected ronaldo to win d champions league in his first season at juve..football nr dey work like dat..

For ur second point d fact dat ronaldo is able to achieve all dis his goal tally in dis sarri and juve lacklustre kind of football only proves dat he his a great footballer who can thrive on any football conditions..its all down to his individual brilliance..this season juve winning d league has been down to individual brilliance from few players not because of sarri..infant winning him d league is a huge favour and gift from d juventus players..

Dat your last point nr hold salt..sorry to say..

1 Like

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by wellmax(m): 12:55pm On Jul 24, 2020
Una no get work
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:56pm On Jul 24, 2020
Beverlyjean:

A question was asked and I simply replied... 2 seria a titles , one super cup and a nations league ... Ronaldo has never failed to b top scorer for any team he has played for in 12 -13 yrs unlike messi that Suarez chanced in 2016...even with all the penalties he scored that year , still Suarez outscored him ...besides Ronaldo won 3 CL titles within same 5 yrs that messi dint smell finals and won top scorer 4 times

This is a silly comment. Messi and Ronaldo play different roles. The only reason people even compare their scoring records is because Messi despite all his other extravagant gifts as a playmaker, is also a scorer. Messi is Barcelona's main creator while Suarez is their main striker. Messi's 89 chances created and 21 assists in La Liga this season (compared to Ronaldo's 46 chances created and 5 assists) might give you a clue he has other things to do on the pitch other than tapping easy goals in the net like Ronaldo. Same with his averaging 60 passes per game and completing 182 dribbles this season to Ronaldo's 36 passes per game and 49 dribbles completed this season. You can even compare all their contributions (through balls, crosses etc) and Messi's contribution is several levels above Ronaldo and not even close in any way:
https://1xbet.whoscored.com/Regions/206/Tournaments/4/Seasons/7889/Stages/17702/PlayerStatistics/Spain-LaLiga-2019-2020
https://1xbet.whoscored.com/Regions/108/Tournaments/5/Seasons/7928/Stages/17835/PlayerStatistics/Italy-Serie-A-2019-2020
Even when Ronaldo played with Benzema in Real Madrid, Benzema used to drop into the no.10 position while Ronaldo makes the runs behind the opposition. This is why after he left, Benzema has been scoring more freely playing as a more traditional striker. Even if Messi scored less than Ronaldo (and Messi is still the greater goalscorer), he'd still be the better player in the same way Zidane was better than Lampard or Gerrard even if he scored less.

Ronaldo fans like to pretend no other quality exists in football other than your ability to score tap-ins and penalties every week like Ronaldo. That's a very ignorant way to view football. Ronaldo is a machine infront of goal, but there are other nuances to the game of football which is why we love players like Maradonna and Cryuff who were not the greatest scorers in their time. But the funny part is the only thing they claim Ronaldo does better than Messi, which is score goals, Messi still does it better than him. grin Hilarious really.

1 Like

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Techiekingee(m): 1:01pm On Jul 24, 2020
Babaj145:

Are u seriously asking me what ronaldo achieved in his first season??.. A league and super cup title, serie a MVP of the year..juventus highest goal scorer for dat season..PS: I don't think any one expected ronaldo to win d champions league in his first season at juve..football nr dey work like dat..

For ur second point d fact dat ronaldo is able to achieve all dis his goal tally in dis sarri and juve lacklustre kind of football only proves dat he his a great footballer who can thrive on any football conditions..its all down to his individual brilliance..this season juve winning d league has been down to individual brilliance from few players not because of sarri..infant winning him d league is a huge favour and gift from d juventus players..

"A league and super cup title, serie a MVP of the year..juventus highest goal scorer for dat season."
Is that the Ronaldo we know that conquers europe and wins individual awards?....he was reduced to a mere Juve top scorer

Please o, who's on course to win this years serieA, serie A to scorer, serieA MVP player of the year, juventus highest goal scorer, European golden boot-if he can. obviously Ronaldo.... Nothing has changed under Sarri..... this same Sarri

Also, no one expects Sarri to win the champions League in his first season.....

And please, Dybala has been the one with the Individual brilliance and best player not Ronaldo... he's decided most of Juventus matches...Dybala with those penalties wud be MVP.. if u watch Juve with a open mind, you shud agree with me...
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:07pm On Jul 24, 2020
Babaj145:

Una no dey shame, sha, trying to claim Ronaldo's achievements with Juve are some kind of special accomplishment. Juventus are about to win their 9th consecutive Serie A title. They've not failed to win Serie A since 2011! It would be as foolish as bragging about Messi's achievement if he moves to PSG or Bayern Munich.
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Oghenerobo2002(m): 1:11pm On Jul 24, 2020
FuckThaMod:

You sure?
Watch ball una no go watch... No be only 2 years, na him entire career.
Cules = braindead
All these small kids that don't know how to talk.
Yes,he did score some 3 weeks ago,but what happened before then?

Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Oghenerobo2002(m): 1:24pm On Jul 24, 2020
SUPERPACK:
Barcadog for a reason. The one he scored after league resumption is throwkick abi?
Look at this dog for a reason
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:25pm On Jul 24, 2020
Beverlyjean:

No one is blaming him...after all Johan cruyff lost 2 finals in the world cup ... if he won a world cup or European cup , cruyff would hv joined pele or maradona .... no one insults cruyff cos no one says he is the greatest , so as di Stefano that did more than what messi has don at club level ... but y compare him with greats when he has only barca in his cabinet of trophies... forlan won world cup golden ball as well ,but I can bet that over 85% of NL members dont know this ...but ask hu won 2010 world cup , even aboki for street knows the winner... forlan will trade a million golden balls for one world cup title ... on the day they gave messi the golden ball in 2014 , he wud hv thrown it away in an instance if he was offered the world cup medal as trade... messi is in the ranks of cruyff and di Stefano... he is not even on ronaldos level ... go to England and man u , they scream ronaldo , go to spain and madrid , they scream ronaldo , go to portugal, they scream ronaldo , go to Turin italy they scream ronaldo ... but look at messi , only barca , Argentina nothing ... he only has league titles as club achievement in over half a decade ... top scorer in CL is something he has only achieved once in the past 5 yrs ... his power is just limited in spain... u will blame his team mates in Argentina and also blame his team mates in barca ... do u know Ronaldo motivated that Portuguese

I'm not sure what you're smoking, but Portugal were a top team with or without Ronaldo. Their Euro 2004 squad had many of the players that won the CL with Porto that same season (Deco, Carvalho, Ferreira, Costinha, Maniche, Nuno Valente), and also had the likes of Figo and Rui Costa from their golden generation of the late 90's to early 00's. And they were tournament hosts which added an advantage for them. They still got beaten by a very average Greece team in the finals. They won Euro 2016 the same way Greece won Euro 2004 - solid, but unspectacular in midfield, and very organized in defense. Ronaldo was little more than average in that tournament and those trying to claim he "motivated" or "inspired" Portugal to win that tournament either didn't watch it or are desperate fanboys. If Messi and Argentina had half the luck Portugal had in that tournament, they should have won the World Cup in 2014.
Re: Penalty Stats for Messi and Ronaldo by FuckThaMod: 1:34pm On Jul 24, 2020
[s]
Oghenerobo2002:

All these small kids that don't know how to talk.
Yes,he did score some 3 weeks ago,but what happened before then?
[/s]
You must be very sick... Why then mention since 2 years if you know he scored 3 weeks ago? Psychopath

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Samuel Eto’o Shares Photo With Wife / Atletico Madrid Players, Coach Celebrate 2020-21 La Liga Title Win (Photos) / World Cup: Babayaro Names 2 People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure To Qualify

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.