Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,791 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

The New Gcam 7.4 For All Android Phone: You Can't Have Android & Not Using Gcam - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The New Gcam 7.4 For All Android Phone: You Can't Have Android & Not Using Gcam (5974 Views)

Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. / Xiaomi Mi A3 Unboxing, Review & Price. Mi A3 + GCAM Vs iPhone 11 Pro Camera / Have Android Updates Become Useless? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Gcam 7.4 For All Android Phone: You Can't Have Android & Not Using Gcam by KrazyDave16(m): 9:08am On Jul 23, 2020
chefremy:
My phone is snapdragon o buh the version is 8.2 I'm crying right now
Version 6.1, 7.0 and 7.2 are there na... Don't go and download a higher version that'll give you headache
Re: The New Gcam 7.4 For All Android Phone: You Can't Have Android & Not Using Gcam by Smartdepotng: 2:00pm On Jul 23, 2020
Sorry � Guys I didn't add some Vital information for this Gcam 7.4 Mod:

#1 This Gcam Mod is for Devices Running Android 10

#2 It doesn't Work on Android devices that Use MediaTek (MTK) processors like Tecno, Infinix, etc.

#3 Won't Work on Kyrin Processors (Huawei and Honor) devices

#4 Won't Work on Exynos processors (For some Samsung) devices

There are plenty other Gcam that works for all Android devices go check out my Gcam Playlist here:

Gcam for All Android: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqvtTjaH4ztUA8lL6A8SNCkEuO1kN3Drh

2 Likes

Re: The New Gcam 7.4 For All Android Phone: You Can't Have Android & Not Using Gcam by maidaboi(m): 3:19pm On Jul 23, 2020
Smartdepotng:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqElCLCTYqA

Okay You may have heard about Gcam App (Google Camera) which is an Android app exclusive to Google Pixel devices but now ported by developers to other Android devices especially those that are Using Snapdragon Processors from Qualcomm (The same processor that Pixel devices use)

In this Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqElCLCTYqA
I reviewed the latest Gcam 7.4 and went further to show the best settings.

You should check it out as the download link is in the video description.

can I get one for this phone?

Re: The New Gcam 7.4 For All Android Phone: You Can't Have Android & Not Using Gcam by infysim: 6:41am On Jul 24, 2020
maidaboi:
can I get one for this phone?

Which phone? I can help!
Re: The New Gcam 7.4 For All Android Phone: You Can't Have Android & Not Using Gcam by infysim: 6:45am On Jul 24, 2020
Smartdepotng:

#2 It doesn't Work on Android devices that Use MediaTek (MTK) processors like Tecno, Infinix, etc.

There are plenty other Gcam that works for all Android devices go check out my Gcam Playlist here:

Gcam for All Android: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqvtTjaH4ztUA8lL6A8SNCkEuO1kN3Drh

It is true that the GCam is not available for Mediatek devices, because most of the GCam developers are working to support Snapdragon chipsets.
Redmi Note 8 Pro is the only device that has got better GCam support because wyroczen is one developer who is working on that.

So, basically it is possible to get it to work on Mediatek chipsets (or any other chipset for that matter) but simply no one is working.
But for Exynos chipsets there are many working GCams already available from many developers.

If anyone wants I can link to those apps!

If you guys are really interested then you can try this Camera Go app which is a minimal GCam variant. The Camera Go app has only HDR+ and Portrait mode support.

1 Like

Re: The New Gcam 7.4 For All Android Phone: You Can't Have Android & Not Using Gcam by Nobody: 7:47am On Jul 24, 2020
vivalavida:

So we use the same phone

Have been looking for another M11 user

Guess so, we are not that many.....yet

1 Like

Re: The New Gcam 7.4 For All Android Phone: You Can't Have Android & Not Using Gcam by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 24, 2020
Smartdepotng:

Op, which one can you recommend for Galaxy m11?
A link would suffice though smiley
Re: The New Gcam 7.4 For All Android Phone: You Can't Have Android & Not Using Gcam by DamiBlaise: 1:19pm On Jul 24, 2020
rejoixe:
will it work on xiaomi rn6 pro?
You use rn6 pro?
Re: The New Gcam 7.4 For All Android Phone: You Can't Have Android & Not Using Gcam by Frezhkid10(m): 1:26pm On Jul 24, 2020
Which one would work for samsung galaxy A30

1 Like

Re: The New Gcam 7.4 For All Android Phone: You Can't Have Android & Not Using Gcam by Jeffy1206(m): 2:04pm On Jul 24, 2020
Smartdepotng:

you didn't fail to mention but deliberately left it out just to get traffic to your channel. I understand the modus operandi angry undecided
Re: The New Gcam 7.4 For All Android Phone: You Can't Have Android & Not Using Gcam by maidaboi(m): 2:12pm On Jul 24, 2020
infysim:

Which phone? I can help!
tecno 836
Re: The New Gcam 7.4 For All Android Phone: You Can't Have Android & Not Using Gcam by omotoyecable(f): 6:27pm On Jul 24, 2020
will gcam work on Moto g6 snapdragon 450?
Re: The New Gcam 7.4 For All Android Phone: You Can't Have Android & Not Using Gcam by Nellsworld(m): 7:25pm On Jul 24, 2020
omotoyecable:
will gcam work on Moto g6 snapdragon 450?
Yes it does, u can check xda
Re: The New Gcam 7.4 For All Android Phone: You Can't Have Android & Not Using Gcam by omotoyecable(f): 8:38pm On Jul 24, 2020
Nellsworld:

Yes it does, u can check xda
ok, thanks... please how do I install it if I get a version that works
Re: The New Gcam 7.4 For All Android Phone: You Can't Have Android & Not Using Gcam by KrazyDave16(m): 11:53pm On Jul 24, 2020
omotoyecable:
Just sideload the app. You'll have to search for the one that'll work for your device on Google.
Only version that'll work is 4.2 below. Any higher from version 5 to 7.4 won't work cos your device architecture is 32-bit.
Meaning if you want higher version, you need to flash a 64-bit ROM.
Re: The New Gcam 7.4 For All Android Phone: You Can't Have Android & Not Using Gcam by Nellsworld(m): 2:18pm On Jul 25, 2020
omotoyecable:
My oga Dave don answer u
Re: The New Gcam 7.4 For All Android Phone: You Can't Have Android & Not Using Gcam by omotoyecable(f): 4:05pm On Jul 25, 2020
KrazyDave16:

Just sideload the app. You'll have to search for the one that'll work for your device on Google.
Only version that'll work is 4.2 below. Any higher from version 5 to 7.4 won't work cos your device architecture is 32-bit.
thanks... Downloaded the 4.2 version and I can say there's a lot difference from what the stock camera produces. Would love the higher version though, if that will give a more better outcome but can't work my way around the flashing 64-bit part
Re: The New Gcam 7.4 For All Android Phone: You Can't Have Android & Not Using Gcam by KrazyDave16(m): 4:53pm On Jul 25, 2020
omotoyecable:
thanks... Downloaded the 4.2 version and I can say there's a lot difference from what the stock camera produces. Would love the higher version though, if that will give a more better outcome but can't work my way around the flashing 64-bit part
There's guides on your device forum on XDA to flash a 64-bit Android 9 OS but honestly it isn't really worth it for using it for Gcam alone, given the most preferred stable version is 6.1 and 7.0. Only some added features like improved night sight, shooting 4k videos or something...
Enjoy using the Gcam till you can find someone close ready to introduce you into the world of flashing.
Re: The New Gcam 7.4 For All Android Phone: You Can't Have Android & Not Using Gcam by KrazyDave16(m): 4:54pm On Jul 25, 2020
Nellsworld:

My oga Dave don answer u
Me na small boi for ur side tongue
Re: The New Gcam 7.4 For All Android Phone: You Can't Have Android & Not Using Gcam by Nellsworld(m): 9:19pm On Jul 25, 2020
KrazyDave16:

Me na small boi for ur side tongue
Boss i dey look for gcam for lg g8 android 10, the one that can shoot 4k videos, the ones am seeing can't do it
Re: The New Gcam 7.4 For All Android Phone: You Can't Have Android & Not Using Gcam by KrazyDave16(m): 10:44pm On Jul 25, 2020
Nellsworld:

Boss i dey look for gcam for lg g8 android 10, the one that can shoot 4k videos, the ones am seeing can't do it
Try trcam 7.2 V7 stable in the Gcam group (change viewfinder option to YUV), make sure you clear the app data again after installing.
Urnyx n burial got some issues. That shoots videos without crashing.
IMO, I prefer the stock camera for video shots to Gcam own.
You can try out 7.4 Gcam with slib
Modified - try A.I.X camera instead, it got more options for videos and a hevc storage option format. That's it in the pic below

Re: The New Gcam 7.4 For All Android Phone: You Can't Have Android & Not Using Gcam by Jacku: 9:22am On Jul 26, 2020
How can I download GCam?
Re: The New Gcam 7.4 For All Android Phone: You Can't Have Android & Not Using Gcam by KrazyDave16(m): 9:32am On Jul 26, 2020
Jacku:
How can I download GCam?
Er... Download and install. But check of your deci6is compatible (must have snapdragon chipset, camera2api enabled to level 3, full or both)
Re: The New Gcam 7.4 For All Android Phone: You Can't Have Android & Not Using Gcam by Jacku: 10:16am On Jul 26, 2020
KrazyDave16:

Er... Download and install. But check of your deci6is compatible (must have snapdragon chipset, camera2api enabled to level 3, full or both)
I couldn't find it on Google play
Re: The New Gcam 7.4 For All Android Phone: You Can't Have Android & Not Using Gcam by KrazyDave16(m): 12:21pm On Jul 26, 2020
Jacku:
It's not on play store.
Check celsoazevedo dot com.
Recommend modders to download from are parrot42, urnyx, BSG or tigr.
Re: The New Gcam 7.4 For All Android Phone: You Can't Have Android & Not Using Gcam by Nellsworld(m): 1:13pm On Jul 26, 2020
KrazyDave16:

Try trcam 7.2 V7 stable in the Gcam group (change viewfinder option to YUV), make sure you clear the app data again after installing.
Urnyx n burial got some issues. That shoots videos without crashing.
IMO, I prefer the stock camera for video shots to Gcam own.
You can try out 7.4 Gcam with slib
Modified - try A.I.X camera instead, it got more options for videos and a hevc storage option format. That's it in the pic below
Thanks boss
Re: The New Gcam 7.4 For All Android Phone: You Can't Have Android & Not Using Gcam by eki2000(m): 2:34pm On Jul 26, 2020
My neighbour that has infinix note 7 lite plus extra is using it.
Re: The New Gcam 7.4 For All Android Phone: You Can't Have Android & Not Using Gcam by Norman4real(m): 2:38pm On Jul 26, 2020
KrazyDave16:

Amongst other brands too.
which include Xiaomi, oppo, Samsung, HTC, Sony... And basically every other brand out there coz all companies at some point use mediatek chips.
Re: The New Gcam 7.4 For All Android Phone: You Can't Have Android & Not Using Gcam by KrazyDave16(m): 3:20pm On Jul 26, 2020
Norman4real:
which include Xiaomi, oppo, Samsung, HTC, Sony... And basically every other brand out there coz all companies at some point use mediatek chips.
Unlike the 3 popular devices here in Nigeria, those "other" brands are recognized worldwide.
Samsung with exynos got Gcam ports, Xiaomi with mediatek-powered RN8 Pro got Gcam ports. Point is, there are devs willing to work on some of these brands devices despite the obstacles with working with mtk chips.
Transsion them could have Gcam ports but our devs here are busy chasing bigger things instead of working on it as a side project or are many Nigerians ready to contribute to pay a dev to build one.
Re: The New Gcam 7.4 For All Android Phone: You Can't Have Android & Not Using Gcam by sunshineV(f): 4:44pm On Jul 26, 2020
Jacku:
no go enter express o
Re: The New Gcam 7.4 For All Android Phone: You Can't Have Android & Not Using Gcam by Thoughtfeed: 5:29pm On Jul 26, 2020
mename:

Op, which one can you recommend for Galaxy m11?
A link would suffice though smiley

Do you use this phone
Re: The New Gcam 7.4 For All Android Phone: You Can't Have Android & Not Using Gcam by fineboynl(m): 6:09pm On Jul 26, 2020
KrazyDave16:

I need download link for this device.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Factory Unlock Iphone 4, 4s, 5, 5c And 5S On Verizon, ATT, T-mobile / Suggestion: Here Are The Best Android Phones Between 25K & 30K To Buy Presently / I Need Your Help On My Fifa14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.