Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,082 members, 7,807,237 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore (43159 Views)

Why Is No One Talking About The Tecno Spark 10c? / Nobody's Talking About VIVO PHONES On Nairaland. Why?? / Why Nobody Is Talking About Lenovo K5 Pro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by sacajawea: 2:25pm On Jul 22, 2020
festwiz:
iPads are the pinnacle of tablets and it's really hard to recommend one outside them.
However Kindles are good for media content and ebooks
How are Ipads the Pinnacle my brother? Are there no other brands that perform as good or even better than Ipads, at a cheaper price even?
I agree that they are better for media, entertainment, Reading etc.
Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by sacajawea: 2:26pm On Jul 22, 2020
Stallion93:

Laptops have been invincible indeed but i liked the competition, it forced out the best from Lappy companies to defeat the competition
Hmmn So you are saying Laptops are now cheaper and better. I have not had one in a long time anyways
Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by sacajawea: 2:29pm On Jul 22, 2020
zimbolaa:
Just install Bluestacks on your laptop and enjoy the best of android on a big screen
Hmmn
How is the experience? Any major shortcomings?
Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by alphaNomega: 2:33pm On Jul 22, 2020
flyingpig:
Lol

Tablets are becoming redundant
Tablets have always been redundant

2 Likes

Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by Fatbabyfart(m): 2:35pm On Jul 22, 2020
Why buy an 8" tablet when tecno and infinix phones are almost 7"

3 Likes

Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by Stallion93(m): 2:35pm On Jul 22, 2020
sacajawea:

Hmmn So you are saying Laptops are now cheaper and better. I have not had one in a long time anyways
The problem is the FOREX exchange rate in Nigeria now, laptops have gotten real good over time, there are mad good laptops for even $600 now but of course when u change that to naira, it’s way too much and of course people who make laptops have no dealings with naira.
Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by festwiz(m): 2:47pm On Jul 22, 2020
sacajawea:

How are Ipads the Pinnacle my brother? Are there no other brands that perform as good or even better than Ipads, at a cheaper price even?

Please give me give me a tab with as much power and versatility as an iPad. You know the iPad OS can run some full fledged Mac OS apps right? You can search for Huawei Mediapads and Samsung Galaxy tabs that might come close but they can't beat the iPad Pro...

Those are the tablets that are worth considering. The iPad is the best right now and there's no disputing it.

4 Likes

Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by maiquel: 3:09pm On Jul 22, 2020
I used my my Samsung tab steady...
I've been using the guy for more than 2 years...
I used it to read and watch movies...
Plus, I use the Hotspot to help save my phone's s battery instead of turning the phone's data...

My Tab is a gem.

I mine with it. Do my calculations on it, trade fx with it... It carries the whole load.
My phone is just for minimal things like calls, texting, social media, snapping photos...

The tab dey try abeg. I can't lose it

7 Likes

Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by MickzyDonald: 3:46pm On Jul 22, 2020
Fokosobo:

you are wrong. they have bigger screens and higher pixels which consumes more power. A 7000mah battery on a Tab may not last as long as a 4000mah battery on a smartphone.
U wey never use one bfor dey advice person
see him mouth

1 Like

Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by Barryseal: 4:19pm On Jul 22, 2020
Pads or tablets are only relevant for graphic designers. Especially with the pen feature. Beyond that, people will naturally go for a notebook pc for digital reading with a prime example being the Lenovo yoga and other like devices.
Bill Gates said it from the onset, there was no future for the iPad, in the fullness of time he has been proved correct.
Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by Tremple8v: 4:53pm On Jul 22, 2020
Tramadol or which one grin
Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by Bloghomies(m): 5:21pm On Jul 22, 2020
I had a tab, and it was my productivity piece until the screen broke. Perhaps I'll need to go back to using tab, as I remember enjoying movies way better back then.
Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by KrazyDave16(m): 6:07pm On Jul 22, 2020
festwiz:
iPads are the pinnacle of tablets and it's really hard to recommend one outside them. However Kindles are good for media content and ebooks and Samsung Galaxy tabs are morbidly overpriced..

Essentially I believe a choice of a tablet is between iPads and Kindles. I think most people don't use tablets because a majority of persons have a smartphone and a laptop and the go-between (tablets) seem out of place.
To me, owning a tablet is somewhat pointless if one got an Android device and a laptop
The scenarios one needs a tablet is if said person is into I.T., web development or any job that requires you to monitor your work, make minor changes or start up a project to be transferred later if you're away from your laptop or PC.
Owning one for owning sake or media consumption alone is a waste of the tablet potential.

3 Likes

Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by KrazyDave16(m): 6:16pm On Jul 22, 2020
sacajawea:

Other tabs that can rival the current iPad and last gen ones haven't been made yet.
The advancements made on the iPad is years ahead of what any brand can offer as at now.

1 Like

Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by Nicepoker(m): 6:31pm On Jul 22, 2020
GreaterFuture1:
I don't see or hear People talk about Tablets anymore. Both Online, Nairaland included and Offline.
What's up?
Na injection sure pass

1 Like

Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by sacajawea: 8:20pm On Jul 22, 2020
KrazyDave16:

Other tabs that can rival the current iPad and last gen ones haven't been made yet.
The advancements made on the iPad is years ahead of what any brand can offer as at now.
What is the Average Price Bros
Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by hellohgy(m): 8:23pm On Jul 22, 2020
Medical students know that having tablets is a big advantage..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by KrazyDave16(m): 8:44pm On Jul 22, 2020
sacajawea:

What is the Average Price Bros
Say 100k or so, I'm not current on their prices.
Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by franklingud(m): 9:18pm On Jul 22, 2020
Malaria tablets or what?
Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by Johnchrix(m): 9:29pm On Jul 22, 2020
Laryne:
What kind of tablet are you talking about?

lolz maybe tramadol
Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by zimbolaa(m): 10:30pm On Jul 22, 2020
sacajawea:

Hmmn
How is the experience? Any major shortcomings?
None so far. That's what i am using now. It is resource consuming though. Your system should have 8GB of ram and core i5 at least to enjoy the latest version which is the best of the pack.
Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by Boschh(m): 11:23pm On Jul 22, 2020
liquidmetall:

How much

45k.
Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by Boschh(m): 11:25pm On Jul 22, 2020
mizmia:
How much?

45k.

WhatsApp 090762434zero1
Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by Boschh(m): 11:30pm On Jul 22, 2020
AkwaIbomMan:
I'll exchange with my Tecno Tablet Droipad 7D and possibly add some few bucks.

If you can swap with a normal android with cash, let's deal..
I don't use tabs that much.
Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by hardbody: 1:01am On Jul 23, 2020
festwiz:
iPads are the pinnacle of tablets and it's really hard to recommend one outside them. However Kindles are good for media content and ebooks and Samsung Galaxy tabs are morbidly overpriced..

Essentially I believe a choice of a tablet is between iPads and Kindles. I think most people don't use tablets because a majority of persons have a smartphone and a laptop and the go-between (tablets) seem out of place.

So true.

I have 2 samsung galaxy tablets that my employer (company) foisted on me and they are here lying fallow. I use my smartphones for my mails and when i need to sit down and work in earnest I deploy the laptop.

I wish I can sell them off without repercussion. grin

3 Likes

Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by Judybash93(m): 3:58am On Jul 23, 2020
Laryne:
What kind of tablet are you talking about?

Panadol
Re: I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore by Boschh(m): 8:50am On Jul 23, 2020
gafman222:

How much?
45k.
Slightly negotiable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Boss At Work Gave Me Iphone X / MTN Nigeria Android Smartphone (Mini) S620 / Why Itel Mobile Is The Best Phone Brand In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.