Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,384 members, 7,781,100 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:54 AM

I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim (70145 Views)

Help! I Bought A New SIM Card That Has Been Previously Used By Someone / What Is The Cost Of A New SIM Card In Your Area? / Has Anyone Been Able To Buy A New SIM Card Since The Ban Was Lifted? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by MegaPlayBoy: 10:35am On Jul 22, 2020
Hello guys, I need help
I keep receiving bank alerts from access bank in the new mtn sim I bought even though I have no access bank account.
The names attached to the alerts are also different and strange
I don't know where this is coming from, should I destroy the sim and get another?

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by Rapsowdee01(m): 10:37am On Jul 22, 2020
MegaPlayBoy:
Hello guys, I need help
I keep receiving bank alerts from access bank in the new mtn sim I bought even though I have no access bank account.
I don't know where this is coming from, should I destroy the sim and get another?

For your own good, take it to any MTN office..

That number belonged to someone else and MTN probably sold it because the person did not use it for 6 months

402 Likes 19 Shares

Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by Golan007: 10:38am On Jul 22, 2020
MegaPlayBoy:
Hello guys, I need help

Go to access bank and lodge a complaint.

93 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by MegaPlayBoy: 10:38am On Jul 22, 2020
Rapsowdee01:

That number belonged to someone else and MTN probably sold it because the person did not use it for 6 months
Its a relatively new sim, can I destroy it
I don't want Trouble

14 Likes

Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by MegaPlayBoy: 10:39am On Jul 22, 2020
Getting a new one isn't an issue

3 Likes

Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by sweettease(f): 10:40am On Jul 22, 2020
So weird... since it is a new sim and you're probably not attached to it, ditch it and get a new one before you will start telling stories that touch. If you're attached to it, you can try calling access bank and mtn to resolve the issue.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by sweettease(f): 10:41am On Jul 22, 2020
Rapsowdee01:

Maybe it is even my phone number and my account number cheesy cheesy

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by Rapsowdee01(m): 10:41am On Jul 22, 2020
MegaPlayBoy:

Its a relatively new sim, can I destroy it
I don't want Trouble

If you destroy it, in the next 6 months, they might sell to another person and that one might clear the real owner account.

Take it to MTN office.

Don't take to access bank cos they might carry you to write statement in police station so just take to MTN and let them decide what to do

287 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by bigdammyj: 10:50am On Jul 22, 2020
Please report to any nearby Access Bank or take it back to MTN to avoid story that touch

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by chatinent: 10:51am On Jul 22, 2020
Rapsowdee01:

If you destroy it, in the next 6 months, they might sell to another person and that one might clear the real owner account.

Take it to MTN office.

Don't take to access bank cos they might carry you to write statement in police station so just take to MTN and let them decide what to do
Bro believe me, anyone who has access to that SIM will suckle it empty, whether MTN or Access Bank.

48 Likes

Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by bigdammyj: 10:53am On Jul 22, 2020
Rapsowdee01:

Take it to MTN office.
Thanks for this info

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by MegaPlayBoy: 11:00am On Jul 22, 2020
Rapsowdee01:

But why will they do that?
I have no malicious intention pls. I just wanna get rid of this sim

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by MegaPlayBoy: 11:02am On Jul 22, 2020
chatinent:

Bro believe me, anyone who has access to that SIM will suckle it empty, whether MTN or Access Bank.
Bro, I have been using the sim for a few month now and I have made no such attempt.
I has removed the sim from my phone.
I will leave it and forget all about it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by sunshineV(f): 11:08am On Jul 22, 2020
Ditching it won't solve it they'll still come for u if anything happens cuz u registered it with ur details

Just take it back to mtn

162 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by MegaPlayBoy: 11:11am On Jul 22, 2020
sunshineV:
Ditching it won't solve it they'll still come for u if anything happens cuz u registered it with ur details

Just take it back to mtn
What will they do?
Will they collect the sim and keep it
Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by sunshineV(f): 11:13am On Jul 22, 2020
MegaPlayBoy:

What will they do?

Who is they?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by MegaPlayBoy: 11:20am On Jul 22, 2020
sunshineV:

Who is they?
Mtn
Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by sunshineV(f): 11:25am On Jul 22, 2020
MegaPlayBoy:

Mtn

I guess they may collect it and register a new one
Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by AgentGoat: 11:47am On Jul 22, 2020
MegaPlayBoy:

What will they do?
Go give them there sim first. A word is enough for the wise.

92 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by TrollKiller(m): 12:16pm On Jul 22, 2020
AgentGoat:
Go give them there sim first. A word is enough for the wise.
My account was banned by anti spam not

I'll get to MTN office as soon as I can

4 Likes

Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by opera1(m): 12:28pm On Jul 22, 2020
E gun gun be careful na express u dey go..... To avoid follow come DSS wahala, pls take the sim to ur nearest MTN office.

15 Likes

Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by zedegit: 12:34pm On Jul 22, 2020
Op that could be the DSS boss son's account sim.
grin grin

12 Likes

Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by dozeman: 12:54pm On Jul 22, 2020
TrollKiller:

My account was banned by anti spam not

I'll get to MTN office as soon as I can

After doing so, whether they rectify the issue or not never use the line again, fortunately you haven't used the line for too long. Break it and get a virgin line.

We should also learn to avoid buying recycled line......

2 Likes

Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 22, 2020
MegaPlayBoy:
Hello guys, I need help

Same here, it started coming of recent but I have being using the sim for a long time.
Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by NifemiKolade(m): 1:14pm On Jul 22, 2020
Remember the BUHARI DAUGHTER SIM CASE? this was how it started. Ditch that Sim or go and lodge a complaint at the nearest Sim provider's centre

5 Likes

Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by freshkpomo(m): 1:19pm On Jul 22, 2020
BiggyB242:

Same here, it started coming of recent but I have being using the sim for a long time.
this ought to be a minor issue, but you know Nigerians and extortion na..

Take the SIM to MTN, try visiting access bank, if you got a close police/military contact inform him before visiting the bank so that if things go west him fit yell for their head .

Together we can make Nigeria better

#NYM

God bless Nigeria

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by KrazyDave16(m): 1:21pm On Jul 22, 2020
MegaPlayBoy:
Hello guys, I need help

Take it back to the MTN shop you bought and registered the SIM before we see you in the front page for fraud o.

11 Likes

Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 22, 2020
It was a dormant sim recycled for re-sell.. Quickly report to the nearest MTN office to flag the sim first, even if you don't want to use it again, go and report first. Then visit access bank too so they can summon the customer who register the number with them. The customer (if alive) needs to update his alert notification with his/her new active number before MTN can resell the sim or you can have it back.

You have a good heart though.. Ginger guys don't take chances.

10 Likes

Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by RedDistrict: 2:04pm On Jul 22, 2020
return the sim to a nearest Mtn office quickly

before village ppl use police matter call you oo

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by Emmypure: 2:10pm On Jul 22, 2020
the same thing happened to me with my previous MTN sim, I am receiving account maintenance debits from first bank, and the account have a balance of 2.9 million, but it look like it is an abandoned account, and I received call from people calling me jude, and asking me where I was, why did I abscond etc, I was tired and destroyed the Sim.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by berryace007: 3:31pm On Jul 22, 2020
MegaPlayBoy:
Hello guys, I need help

Same thing here.
And it's also access bank
Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by udy4real(m): 3:39pm On Jul 22, 2020
I also recently started receiving bank alerts from FCMB and I don't have any account with them,well I didn't bother myself I just ignored it,do you guys mean it might be dangerous for me to have ignored it?

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks / Which Data Subscription Are You Using To Browse? / Help! I Can't Download Applications To My Samsung Chat E222 Phone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.